So is Kemono Friends dead?

So is Kemono Friends dead?

Other urls found in this thread:

buzz-plus.com/article/2018/03/05/kemono-friends-sunrise-anime/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>No studio will touch it until 2022 because of Tatsuki drama

Yep, it ded.

As dead as Metal Gear which has a centipede version of the giant cerulean introduced in the first hour.

Pretty much. Its fall was as fast and unexpected as its rise.

Yes.
In spirit however? Never.

It will always live on in our hearts

>Netflix or Amazon buy the rights and fuck it up

Not yet, the kid demographic will keep it alive.
Tatsuki not offering his services just shows he doesn't care enough about KF.

What'll happen to all the cute VAs that voiced all the Friends? Are they already canned?

still dead

They essentially went jobless other than Serval's

Kemono ended. But melody performed by fan lingers on.

He cares, but legally there's nothing Tatsuki can do
KF is in purgatory state, still popular as fuck but nobody can touch it. As shitty as it is, it's also somewhat satisfying to know that Kadokawa can't do shit with KF out of fear of angering the public more all the while the franchise is still massive cash cow

it will live in our hearts user

I thought Fennec and Arai-san's VAs found more work?

The spirit of the official material is, fanwork isn't.

I've been living under a rock since Kemono Friends came out and i'm not up to speed with what happened to this anime
Could anyone provide some information?

Anime was wildly successful while the manga and the netgame were already dead.

Everything was looking up. Studio even made a short clip of Serval and Kaban finding a "2" stamped on the side of their hot tub boat.

Then the announcement that the animation studio was being replaced.

Fans revolted. Demanded them to try harder.

Kadokawa dragged it out for a few months but ultimately gave a "negotiations failed".

Rumors swirl about. Even resulting in Kadokawa and Crunchyroll saying they wanted Tatsuki's studio back but "someone" didn't want them.

More rumors, even so far as to suspect Mine, the original creator who was unfollowed by Tatsuki, as being the overriding vote.

As dead as Aardwolf. Even if they get a very good director for s2, they won't give him the creative control that Tatsuki had.

Corporate takeover is always shit

Condensed history
-Winter Season 2017
-KF comes out and nobody has any hype for it at all
-shitty CG and based off dead mobage
-In fact at first people watch it "ironically" wanting it to be the meme of the season
-animation aside, it's actually decent
-continue to watch and people get engaged by the world and characters
-Ep 10 shit starts to get real
-Ep 11 people are genuinely concerned for the MC
Ep 12 the season ends and people are satisfied the possible promise of a s2
-Spring--Summer 2017
-People are still talking about KF and fresh OC comes out daily
-Jp loves KF and it becomes a national darling
-The little nothing studio and director and crew become stars overnight
-Jp Zoos get more business than what they had in years
-In one zoo an old penguin named Grape-kun falls in love with a cutout of one of the characters of the same species
-Everyone loves Grape-kun
-KF's popularity soars and doesn't feel like stopping
-Fall season 2017
-Special event is held celebrating the cast
-margay is a "special cat"
-the very next day Kadokawa fires the director Tatsuki from KF and all other projects
-outrage across fans and nation
-Crew stands by Tatsuki out of solidarity
-Get they get fired too
-Outrage grows even more
-Grape-kun dies
-Japan, and South Korea join forces to stop Kadokawa
-Pressure is built on Kadokawa
-They want "negotiations" with Tatsuki
-it's quiet
-weeks go by and said negotiations yield pretty much nothing
-KF s2 essentially dies because nobody wants to be "that guy" who carries the torch
-fans still outraged but Tatsuki finds support on his other short
-other short becomes the spiritual s2 for KF
-Winter 2018
-Tatsuki's short is the most pre-ordered thing on Amazon JP
-Now

Thank you kind anons

>2022
Yeah, pretty much. Welp, another project killed by greed, no surprises here. It's a shame really, KF was incredibly simple, fun and comfy.

Just have another studio make a new season. What's even the issue here?

There's no way they'd be able to get the rights.

YYZ didn't just animate, they're the ones who wrote the story.

She's not dead though.

>based off dead mobage
It wasn't based on the mobage at all. Why do people still spread this shit around.

user, everyone is fucking dead.

Don't be so pedantic, you knew what it meant

>Anime was wildly successful
was actual successful or vocal minority successful need numbers on dvd sales.

it really makes no sense on kadokawa part why they don't just give the crew another 5 dollars for season 2

>Everything about that picture
Fuck. You.

Actual successful. As in best selling anime of the year, cultural icons overnight, successful

Its about sending a message.

That's what everyone has been saying.

Who really deserves the credit for Kaban anyway? Mirai was done by Mine, but did Tatsuki create Kaban?

It hurts as fuckload, I know, I don't like it either, fuck KDKW. At least we got great memories from KF to remember. I'd love to see a real comeback at 2022, but it's incredibly unlikely.

I'm sure they will come back.
And I'll be here waiting.
That's what friends do.

I hope so. KF and everyone involved deserved more respect than what happened, and maybe we can finally get a new season down the road
it might take a decade or two albeit

>Even resulting in Kadokawa and Crunchyroll saying they wanted Tatsuki's studio back but "someone" didn't want them.
>More rumors, even so far as to suspect Mine, the original creator who was unfollowed by Tatsuki, as being the overriding vote.
That's pretty morbid, especially since Mine always gave the impression that he worked well with Tatsuki.

Think what happened was Kadokawa wanted full creative control now that they knew KF was a cashcow, YYZ said no, Kadokawa went fine, we'll find someone else.

Someone probably told Mine that Serval was more Tatsuki's than his now and went full retard.

Arai's VA got work in Beatless this season.

Really? Shit, I might just give it a watch just for her

But Arai was worst Kemono. Not even worth being called a Friend

>No studio will touch it until 2022 because of Tatsuki drama
eh but why? please explain

Say that to my face you shit

If you have jews for bosses you will find out that the first thing they will try to do is take control of something that produces cash.
KF wasn't even remotely important to them at the beginning so they just tried to fill up some empty space with it by giving 5 cents to Tats and co.

What came out was a glorious diamond and the jews want it all for themselves so they would rather see it burn than letting others get it.

KEMONO FRIENDS IS DEAD WE KEMONO ENEMIES NOW!

What if Serval died after Boss ran her over with the bus, and all of the adventures were just her frollicking about in the afterlife?

>it has been 200 years since the events of the Miracle of Bag
>Friendship is a long forgotten myth
>The production of Japari-buns and Sandstar eruptions has long since stopped
>bloodthirsty creatures fight an unending battle for both food and life itself
>life on the once idyllic Japari Park has become a daily struggle for survival and supremacy between immortal "Fiends"

>Welcome to Japan Park: Kemono Enemies

Long story short, Kadokawa had a golden goose given by Tatsuki, then they got too greedy and wanted everything for themselves. Now, no one wants to touch that hot potato fearing heavy fanbase backlash and the goose is going to die of starvation by the time S2 comes that is if that ever happens.

If you do, just keep in mind that her character is really fucking obnoxious and her brother is a beta-faggot/10.

I knew about that I just wanted to know why user said
>until 2022

Apparently, it's rumoured that the only company willing to take the risk is Sunrise but they are too "busy" with their current projects and would be able to have S2 done by 2022 at best.
Basically a hot potato no one wants to deal with.

man that sucks, I like sunrise but I can see why they would be busy, anyway we can only hope for the best, KF deserves a brighter future

>No studio will touch it until 2022
>Apparently, it's rumoured that

This is the first I've heard about this, lord I hope it's true though

Who gets credit for Kaban then?

The one who wrote her character

I didn't make the first post, but well, pretty much everything is rumours. The best we are getting is "Sunrise might touch it and have something by 2022 at best case scenario, get fucked".
There's an article in >sankaku and a few japanese sites, take it with a grain of salt, but it's best we've gotten in a good while to be honest.

Had Jews for bosses, can confirm.

buzz-plus.com/article/2018/03/05/kemono-friends-sunrise-anime/
It's completely unsubstantiated bs from a clickbait site. Slightly less credible than a random 2ch post.

Told you, take it with a grain of salt. Even so, that's the best we are getting.

Fuck, even Grape-kun is dead.

Grape-kun dying right before his big zoo event was the final kick in the groin during all the drama.

I really want to touch kaban-chan.

Literally everything that could've possibly gone wrong did.

Mine's basic project for the anime had a young boyish girl as the protagonist, but Kaban's actual design was very different from the original one and mostly Tatsuki original (although the hat came from a Mine design).

It was also Mine who decided to dump Mirai to focus entirely on Serval/Kaban as a duo though.

>Grape-kun using his god powers from beyond the grave to stop an S2 he would never be able to watch

KF went out on top, I for one am pleased.

Pretty damn dead if this is to be believed.

Fucks sake.
Screw KF if Tatsuki is not on board

>implying you wouldn't screw KF regardless of whether Tatsuki is on board

Hey a Kemono Friends thread.
O-oh.

There's only one thing left to do.

I can't believe Kemono Friends is fucking dead.

S2 sometime in the next 5 years user

That's only less than four years away.
It's not THAT long of a wait.

Waiting too long kills the hype, as people move on to another new meme franchise, or worse, have changes in real life affect them. And taste might change after a few years.

On the bright side it weeds out the true fans from those that are only interested in it because of the hype.

How? KF is tame as fuck.

Shit, I meant to post that in reverse order.

It speaks volumes about it all comes down to

An incredible grassroots movement that should have continued to grow thrown into the gutter because of petty corporate nonsense and copyright.

>So is Kemono Friends dead?
No, but I am.

I can see it coming back with the whole team and cast and not being a success anymore.

More than likely that's exactly what would happened.
Kemono Friends had humble beginnings. Continuing it based off of success and its popularity would completely miss the point of the original series.

Even disregarding that, I think switching out the beloved studio and director that were so influential in making the original a hit would have guaranteed any sequel to be a failure. Doesn't matter how much money and effort you pour into it, the magic is simply gone

That making a couple of cents is better than making a dollar?

I miss cuddly, awkwardly animated kemonomimi girls.

I'm still upset we didn't get a petting scene with serval.

Stop moping already.
Yaoyozoru got so much money they left their original apartment room to some place bigger. Probably got some actual working computers too.

KF is dead but that doesn't mean it won't have a successor to keep the fire from dying out

I'm upset that kaban never petted any of the Friends.

Are there any male friends?

Hyena, no matter the gender

They're lab animals, can't let their numbers be out of control.