Not a single good MC this decade

>not a single good MC this decade
YIKES

Why do LN authors almost always give girls more character development than boys? Name one LN boy who was developed and fleshed out well.

ahem

Golden age of anime is over. Just read/watch the classics and move on with your life. Unless you like eating garbage. If so please continue.

>left
Enjoy your male power fantasy bigot scum

Shonen was infiltrated by feminists

"muh stronk female character"

Luffy and Soma are pretty manly

Someone have that crow and raven picture?

>those fingers

Doesn't have anything to do with OPs pic

Rather, we just don't have many long-running shonen adaptions. Or what are some current ones which have prominent strong girls? Even in HeroAca they get knocked out of the tournaments pretty quickly.

>[Improv Jazz playing in the distance]
>[IMPROV JAZZ INTENSIFIES]

Who cares about shonen?

Why is Touma on the right? The dude literally fought a god for billions of years and managed to win

>What the fuck happened?

Too much soy in the food

Because the male lead is supposed to be a empty cardboard cut out so that the audience can self insert as him

>tfw Io is literally that guy who micspams music

>all male characters
this dude's gay

because all the post-nuke pussy fucks took over the studios

Fingers are least of Kemono Friends' problems.

Japs stopped writing about what they WANTED to be and instead write situations where what they ARE is appealing.

what the fuck does this have to do with shonen? get the fuck off this board already.

>Shonen was infiltrated by feminists
Go back to whatever hole you crawled from

>Gene Starwind
mah nigga

fuck you

Fuck you!

Feminism/muh patriarchy is a non-issue in Japan. This makes zero sense whatsoever. Get off the pipe.

Which shounen are you talking about here, since most of the females in shounen that I remember are either a useless jobber or a damsel in distress.

He is literally discussing his issue with shonen yet you ask what it has to do with shonen ?

But it is not a thing. What series is he thinking of?

>cherry picking

I cant speak to him in that regard sorry i just was confused by your inability to see he mention shonen in his statement really irked me not too sure why

Chads are still around, but they're not ridiculous muscleheads anymore because that style is out of fashion.

They don't need to be muscleheads but at least give them a recognizable design for fuck's sake

There's plenty of characters with memorable designs.

Because we don't want to be reminded of the guys that kicked our asses in school.

>he was bullied in school

I can't think of a recent mc with a distinct, memorable design in the last 10 years.

>not being the one doing the kicking

Midoriya?

>Touma
I sort of have to agree, but he still looks like a fag

Tanya The Evil was a great protagonist.
He was a fucking blast to watch.
Tanya actually became a much better person during the events.
Although Yanya is a grown man

I can't think of an mc with a distinct, memorable design before 2010.

He's not bad, but he doesn't haven the same allure to me like a Domon/Jotaro/Ryoma does.

this

Tanya is a girl

She's still the MC

Does he count? It's a redesign/revision of him after all.

wow Ashe looks Mexican now

true true, I agree then.

>Goku
user...
>Domon
We'd hate that edgelord if G Gundam came out today.

Tanya is literally an old man turned into a girl by a spiteful god so he would have nothing at all not even thy physical strenght.

Although said god made him the strongest wizard for some weird reason which kinda defeats the purpose. But that can be explained as a side effect of him getting isekaid or just being very smart.

He was made into a magician on purpose, so he could influence world event and spread religion to the masses.

I miss her

i fucking miss lupin

Nobody in that image has got anything on M.D. Geist

>boys in anime
What are you, gay?

>yfw bleach was the last male powerhouse

>my whole character is I'm a big and ugly but kind
>I'm also from a shoujo series that exhausted it's formula in 3 chapters and promptly turned into generic shit

>angry screaming manlet
>beta manlet

>my whole character is I'm a sociopath
>I'm also not the protagonist

>ironic gag character with no personality

Still not a SINGLE good protagonist posted ITT from a series that aired in the last 10 years and is not an adaptation of an older work.

Except he's rarely empty, he's got a load of character flaws so he can resemble the target audience.

>this entire thread unironically
What the fuck

Because the men are the self-inserts.
Same reason that Twilight books focus more on the boys (targets of affection) than the girls (targets for self insert).

Did you forget about dandy.

Between Inu and Kokkoku's teleporting grandpa, I say it's the time for seasoned men.

>posting the outdated image
What a retard.

There are good MCs in this thread, though.

I'll agree with beta manlet but Asta is not some angry screaming manlet. He became one of the physically strongest people in his world through training alone. His swords are so heavy only a very few people can actually lift one, let alone 2.

He has actual goals he wants to fulfill when he becomes Hokage like getting rid of the classist system within the Clover Kingdom instead of "muh acknowledgement" like Naruto. His rival used to be a beta soyboy but was inspired by Asta's willpower and now they're closer than brothers with a rivalry based off of mutual respect.

He actually goes after chicks unlike many protags today and has 4 other girls fawning over him that he can pick up whenever. When someone talks shit about him he ignores their pettiness because he's the better man, not an insecure faggot. Y'know, one time a demon within his grimoire tried taking his body but Asta gave it a big fuck you and took that demon's power for himself. Didn't even go on some insane rampage either, just took the power and one-shot the cunt he was fighting.

Not to mention his beautiful design. From his badass jacket to his orgasmic white hair, Asta's design is awesome and easily recognizable compared to more recent protags like in the OP image. You see that headband and you instantly know that's Asta.

Nigga had both his arms crushed at once but kept on fighting. This boy knows nothing comes easy in life and he's completely fine with that because he appreciates a good challenge. If Asta isn't manly to you then I don't know what is.

Forgot image

Maybe you're mistaking Good with Muscular. They're not synonimous.

MC are evolving

Are you really defending a shitty Nastu/Naruto hybrid? Jesus Christ please stop posting. For your own sake.

Boruto is a great shounen protagonist.

I actually did.
ONE (1) good protagonist

>not a single good MC this decade
this is bait

really changes everything

Leave moeshit and beta MC to us.

That wasn't my point you flaming autist. I'm trying to say he's a good, manly protagonist and a lot better than all the soyboys being made today. He's actually likable and makes you wanna root for him even if he isn't the most original thing.

>the only good character posted is Okabe, who's from a nearly 10 years old VN and he's still stuck in the series where every female (male) character wants his dick for dem self-insert points.
Really activates those almonds.

Self-inserts aren't good MCs

I unironically agree with OP.

The problem is how obvious of self inserts they are.

Or at least shake things up from "I'm just your average high school boy!", geeze.

you're cherrypicking anime genres. almost all the characters from the "now" section were chosen from shit-tier fanservicy LN based crap, where as the stuff on the then side is mostly picked out from some of the best series of their era.

Shitty comparison 0/10

what is it that killing bites is again?

>his orgasmic white hair

You know what doesn't make me want to root for him?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

>watching the anime adaption
Fucking plebian. If you really insist on watching SP garbage, then switch to English dub to make his voice slightly bearable or just skip to episode 15 where he stops screaming as much.

You know what I'll do instead? I'll watch another show with a less annoying protag

Ok sorry
What's so wrong with what I said?

Since the 90s there have been less and less "aspirational" and exemplary main characters, these being replaced by guys who are pretty much the audience as they are now and the world is made to circle around them driving the point that they are already great anyway deep down, essentially saying that they are all secretely amazing as they are now (with maybe superficial/minor changes) and it's life's fault they're in crappy situations, if something out of ordinary happened to them they'd shine and everyone would see how great they truly are. This is taken to a ham handed extreme in isekais, where the guy literally gets transported into his power fantasy. Oh yeah, also if people act like they hate or despise you it's just to hide their diametrically opposed feelings.

>All the shows on the left are action/adventure
>Most of the shows on the right are romcom

At least try harder.

Start with a manly (female) protagonist and a wimpy male sidekick and have him grow into a manly awesome guy, this might be so stupid but I can't help but like it.

Kirito