Evangelion

Mari is Asuka's mother clone

No she is Shinji's and Asuka's daughter

Mari in unrelated to anything in the franchise so far, and isn't going to be explained in the fourth movie either

but what about her plans she mentioned in he second movie?

Mari is the lesbian guide sent by Yui to the future to have him impregnate Asuka to satisfy the Dead Sea Scrolls.

You're the last one left to remember Bethany Base and IPEA.

Does that mean everything before the third movie was a waste of time?

Not at all. 3.0 is, too.

>that shit quality gif
fuck off

Good to know. Glad I stopped watching after the second one.

Mari is best girl. Genki, zero bagagge, nice glasses to cum over, zettai ryōiki school uniform, top tier wingman for combat...

Also completely useless to the over all point of the plot and is only there for the puposes you stated.
She's a good slut character, but she does not belong at all in the EVAs plot and themes and does literally nothing important to the plot.

3.0 quite literally killed this series

This. I'm still mind blown it has defenders online. I just can't comprehend how someone could watch it and think "Yeah, that was a quality movie and a sensible continuation of the franchise."

As indicated by that photo Fuyutsuki shows Shinji in 3.0, and the manga, Mari was studying with Yui Ikari at the same university.
How she still looks like a teen in 2.0 and further is probably going to be explained by Eva curse or some similar asspull.

2.0 did that first.

Only thing I can give the movie is some of the art direction in it other than the shitty flying whale.
Some of that tech shit is cool. Otherwise, it's completely iredeemable.
The new characters are all useless and serve no purpose except maybe that one girl who actually showed the slightest concern for Shinji in the beginning.

Christ I want 4.0 to be good. I want it to be good and redeem the dumb shit or even make SOME SENSE into it rather than none.
But I know it won't. It will probably be worse and make even less sense. At least when I watch it I won't be surprised.

I bet it won't be explained at all.

If you believe this you're actually retarded.

First: The manga is completely retarded and shouldnt be used as reference. Mari also showed up in ANIMA and some DS game, and yet none of that shit is canon.
Second: Anno probably rewritten all the story so many times that you cant ever be sure of anything.

If you actually believe 2.0 did anything for Eva except taking away what made it great in the first place, then you are the retard.

What did he mean by this?

2.2 would have been a fine ending though.

Well, I don't agree that manga is completely retarded, but there are some iffy moments for sure.
Of course it's not canon, but Sadamoto must have had some interaction with people who were producing rebuilds, probably even reading the scripts. So what we saw in that bonus chapter might be result of that interaction.
And that's the best lead that we have at the moment, besides that photo that Fuyutsuki has in 3.0.

I've read all the MarixAsukaXShinji doujins, this is true

Sure, to a fine show, but not to Eva.

I believe he claimed in an interview that no one knew at all what to do with Mari's backstory, so he just made something he liked up.

Anno or Sadamoto?

Really says something when people say the manga is important when watching everything and reading both stoll doesn't explain fucking anything because there's so much unconnected tangents and you end up with more scattered information than you started with while understanding less.

Sadamoto.
>So, in the last page of the manga there is Mari, one of the Rebuild’s characters…

>Sadamoto: Oh, that’s not in the storyline, it’s just an extra chapter for the manga volume. It’s even apart from the movies, like fanservice. Just something you mustn’t think too hard about. (laugh) It’s just something that went through my mind, I thought it would be funny if it were like that.

>I see. So it was not a request?

>Sadamoto: It wasn’t and… since she appeared in Jo, Ha and Q, I wondered what her role in the story would be, and when I asked the staff, they told me that it won’t be possible to really go further in one film, so they had to tie the main story up, and that Mari may have almost no screen time. So I wondered what the point was, and decided to add a little bit of her story in the manga, on impulse. So it’s really not something the staff of the movies thought about or asked me to do, just something you can consider as a play of mine.

People say that reading manga is important, because overwhelming majority of anime is manga adaptations.
In case of Eva though, anime came out almost two decades before the manga finished. Manga only had a few chapters out before anime finished.
So it's not the same case.

>Manga only had a few chapters out before anime finished
10, the premier was delayed. Sadamoto did have access to early drafts then and adapted from those, but hiatuses became regular once the show started because he didn't know what was going on either and needed some time to think as he adapted from the episodes as they were broadcast.

The manga explicitly explain what is going on about the plot. It talk about angel, aliens, etc.
But thats not the important part of the series. If you havent realize, the story is about the character psychological state, and its pretty fucking easy to understand.

>muh manga
>muh planning

>i.e. "we have no fucking idea what we are doing m"

>Asuka and Shinji are biologically 14 years old
>some how a daughter
From what? A parallel universe?

The difference is that the manga is based on the concept info we have on Mari and is heavily based on what we knew from the 2.0 CRC. It's the closest we will get to any sort of background to her, as everything but her lesbianism has been scrapped at Q

Did asuka complaining about her period and shinji jerking off?
While they certainly can grow more, they are in fertile age.
>A parallel universe?
Yes, from the EoE aftermath. Sometime between EoE and RoE.

You know that humans can have kids soon after hitting puberty? 14 is more than enough. Hell, I believe the youngest recorded mother was 5 or so.

Comparing his CRC interview to this one is so sad, he seems to be the only one who had put an effort in the character.

He legit was. That is why he made the chapter, pure frustration with the fact he spent effort on something nobody else cared for.

>You know that humans can have kids soon after hitting puberty?
shhh, you know biological facts trigger the poltards

I'm not sure that he had a strong concept of who she was, either.

Why? Because it took a while for him to refine the style? Trying a lot before accepting the result is the signal of effort, if he didn't care he would stop at his first attempt to make an English Ojou.

EoE is a barren wasteland with literally nothing but wreckage everywhere, how the hell would Mari manage to get access to a machine that would let her travel like John Titor?

Of course, but the risks are much greater. She could die from pregnancy, consider where they are after One More Final.

How is that post pol? I don't understand.

I love the character psyche shit. It's the reason I watched it. Fucking loved it.

>how the hell would Mari manage to get access to a machine that would let her travel like John Titor?
The same way anno will try to justify a possible reset that resulted in Rebuilds. Spoiler alert: if it indeed happen, whatever reason is bullshit

The design can change, but its anno who gave her no fucking real role.

It makes sense in Madoka because magical evil alien feret, but the time traveling shit in Rebuild feels so forced.

>implying the 4th movie will ever come out

Go on, give me a new fetish, OP...

I hope it doesn't
Its better this way. Just forget the rebuilds ever happened.

No, Nadia is Shinji´s daughter.