youtube.com/watch?v=9Fa6GvbHNK0
youtube.com/watch?v=55Nmc-nL964
youtube.com/watch?v=zOTLCbTQGn8
youtube.com/watch?v=YkY1XdlYoCs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Even worse than BW

It's the best Pokemon anime yet

>implying I was referring to just SM

Every season except the BW and Alola ones were good, or at the very least, OK.
Watch the other seasons and then come back

XY is good, but I sees it as being overrated by older audience.

>watching dub

I watched Gens 1-3 as a kid, caught gen 4 every now and then on cartoon network, barely saw any of gen 5, watched a bit of XY, and followed SM for a few months. Without a doubt, SM is the best-animated Pokemon anime, and arguably one of the most entertaining. Much like mecha, digital animation ruined the Pokemon anime, which already wasn't spectacular, but wasn't completely shit, and they didn't recover until XY.

Who are you quoting?

See

That's not what I meant, Mr. Newfriend

Diamond and Pearl was the last pokeani series i could stand watching, and even then it's mostly insufferable except for Hikari and her tiny skirt

Post favorite battles

youtube.com/watch?v=zrrXfq7pvfM (could only find dub)
youtube.com/watch?v=3JpmScfGDtU
youtube.com/watch?v=TPK4Ocz1kts
youtube.com/watch?v=nH60LjBxvyk

>mostly insufferable
Please explain.

>No Alain vs Ash

You can't find most of the good battles on youtube unless you want english garbage dub that removes the music and I'm not going to post that shit.

You know you enjoy the losing streak.

Who doesn't?

I can't deny this anime is scum if we compare it with the previous season, XY&Z. However, we better wait until the very end, because we could have something to compensate it. If they adapt the story of the Team Rainbow Rocket to the anime, I think it will be worth it.

Your english classes were a huge mistake.

Do people only like XY or just XY&Z?

Both, XY&Z is just on another level since it barely had any fillers (by pokemon standards), was very plot heavy and had a lot of sakuga moments never seen before in pokemon.

My issue with the season was that the group were bland except the loli and that Ash was kind of a gary stu during the season.

God tier: Kanto
High tier: AG, DP, XY
Mid tier:
Low tier: Orange Islands, Johto BW, SM

I don't think acting like somebody with as much experience and knowledge as Ash has makes him a gary stu. I loved for once to see a more mature Ash that actually acts how he should act. And it was hardly like he couldn't do no wrong.

The thing is I prefer the personality of Ash in SM since he does act like a 10 year old would. Plus, he did got that "special" Greninja and getting too much praise from friends and rivals.

Galactic-dan arc was great and is the exception; the gym battles were boring compared to OS or even AG; the contest schtick was nothing but copypasta from AG with different characters; satoshi's rival is barely a character besides chuuni and edge; cameos out the ass; filler episodes for the filler episodes; and let's not forget the sinnoh pokemon league.
it's better than the series that followed it, but damn if DP isn't where the quality finally completely evaporated
the Zoroark movie was actually alright though

What about the group?

I like SM too. Moreso than XY

I never saw him as 10 years old in XY though. He didn't look or act like 10 and I don't think he should be hence I'm not a fan of the more gag angle he has in SM.

I wasn't a fan of Ash-greninja at first but it had some great development (for pokemon standards) and made Ash develop as a character which is very rare. Plus, its battle are the best battles in the series. I still think hair on the frog looks like shit however.

I think his praise were not out of the ordinary, he had the experience and history for it to be justified.

Mao is my lolifu.

It's comfy. Pokemon is a lot better when you don't have to take it too seriously.

What about Serena and Clemont? Heard that some find them somewhat good, but they both suffer issues of their development with Clemont getting none after his battle with Ash and Serena only developing the moment she found her goal.

The contests were actually a proper sidequest in DP, as opposed to AG where the appeal round was impossible to fail and the battles were complete asspulls.

>I prefer the personality of Ash in SM since he does act like a 10 year old would
Ash acts like a retard taking too much sugar in SM, which he actually does.

Clemont lacked development for sure after their battle, I mean he wasn't a bad character and helped investigate Ash-greninja and had some good moments in the flare arc but he could have done more imo. I liked his dynamoic with Ash however.

Serena first got a goal around 40 episodes in which isn't terribly late and even before that we had characteristics of what she liked that would later a line with her goal. I was also a fan of her being insecure about what she would want to do and just tried to escape the goal her mother tried to force on her. You need some set up for development to be meaningful and she got that set up which most characters in pokemon lacked. Too bad her goal was so boring.

I can understand why since Ash isn't focusing on any leagues. However, some just hates it due to coming after XY/XY&Z.

you can keep her

It's just entirely different premises.

XY had Ash act more like a experienced typical shonen characters with great battles and typical shonen moments with the art style to fit that.

SM turned Ash into a more relaxed and childish character with the series being more focused on comical moments and filler like formula instead of pure battle like XY with an art style fitting that.

>being insecure about what she would want to do and just tried to escape the goal her mother tried to force on her. You need some set up for development to be meaningful and she got that set up which most characters in pokemon lacked.
Never thought of that. Appreciate that input.

>dat fucking bulge

retard

SM has kind of alienated fans of the anime due to taking a comedic side and few of the main characters are useless.

>little boy in a swimsuit
>no bulge
???

It's pretty popular with smaller kids which is pokemon main demographic since they will buy the merchandises. I think having pokemon be more shonen like XY simple isn't lucrative enough since the older shonen audience have a lot more to choose from and don't buy as much hence the drastic change for SM. Seems to be working.

Your shit taste was a huge mistake.

Why care? We all have actual good things to do in life. It's kinda pointlessly cheap to complain about things we all agree on.

And in return it gained some new ones as some actually enjoy the comfiness and comedy. It's the same thing with the ICY movie. It's by far the most unconventional of the Pokemon movies but it brought something new to the franchise that it so desperately needed.

I'm well aware that it targets kids and you made a good point about the change that I agreed with. But the issue I'm having with SM is that it's missing the whole adventure aspect since they added the school.

best ash

It's not like I'm trying to defend it, I don't like it either. I can see why they made the change which was my point really.

Sorry about that.

>things we all agree on
>we
/vp/ needs to leave.

You have nothing to be sorry for

Obsessed much?

Best to never enter /padt/.

Just that I've been giving a SM many chances to prove me wrong and have me like it. But at this point, I want to skip it.

I like SM when satoshi and friends are doing dumb stuff and not paying attention to Lilie.
I just want him to advance the island challenge right now, though.
Suiren is best girl

HOLY SHIT FUCK OFF TO /vp/, this is like the 3rd Pokemon general in the past 2 days.

You have a dedicated board, fucking fuck off.

>Misty = useless
>Brock = useless
>May = useful
>Dawn = useful
>Iris = useful
>Cilan = useful
>Serena = useless
>Clemont = useful
>Bonnie = useless
>Lillie = useful
>Sophocles = useful
>Kiawe = useful
>Lana = useless
>Mallow = useless

there you go

>Brock
>treats pokemon
>cooks food
>vast knowledge
>useless

Are you retarded nigga?

You aren't wrong since all of them and Ash haven't completed their goals.

>>Bonnie = useless
Being cute is not useless.

I really loved Olympia v Ash, that was a cool battle.

>Brock
>useless
Ash wouldn't starved to death on the road or some shit if Brock wasn't there.

You don't even watch the series you mindless autist.

>>Sophocles = useful
>>Kiawe = useful
smug anime girl reaction pic.png

>it's a Casey episode

>fat
>childish
>obsessed with vidya games
>wears trinkets shaped like pikachu
>has an electric hedgehog pokemon
Is Sophocles the pokemon version of Chris-Chan?

To be fair, Pokemon never intended to go beyond Gold and Silver, but that changed when Nintendo got GameFreak and Creature to form the Pokemon Company in order to make it as long lasting as the Super Mario Series.

>mindless
How so?
>autist
How so?
You're just calling names. You're not responding to my post.

I'd put DP alongside with Kanto since TYPE WILD has yet to be surpassed.

Everything else is Ok

Yes.

The lolis are hot though.

Her cheer was shit.

>No Ash vs Gary in the Silver Conference

prove it

Her cheer was CUTE!

>Why care?
Shows that you don't even know about the series so it's pretty stupid to try to judge it at all.

>It's kinda pointlessly cheap to complain about things we all agree on
It's pretty autistic of you to say that everyone has same opinion on something just because you can't handle a different genre.

So useless he didn't even make it onto the list.

>Lilliefag
>Meme fetish
How fitting

Meme fetish?

That stupid "show me your panties while angrily looking at me" craze

Wrong.
>Brock is a Pokemon Doctor now

Kaki
>Has a Z-Crystal
>His comic relief is the best in the series since OS
>Ash's best friend in a long ass time
>Beats Team Skull's ass all the time
>Beat and caught an Alolan Marowak
>Beat a Totem powered Salazzle
>Had one of the best battles in the series against fucking Brock of all people

Sophocles
>Still more useful than Clemont

Someone post the gyaru

Slutty.

Unf.

Rewatch it, it's actually pretty shit. They had their worst animators on it for whatever braindead reason (and this was early pokemon so that's saying something) and the other 5 pokemon on either side were brushed under the rug for the Charizard vs. Blastoise fight.

>Male MC over Lusamine.
Bullshit

youtube.com/watch?v=6jr2yfh88sw
youtube.com/watch?v=WmvE92iaF_A
youtube.com/watch?v=IymvYbH7qtw
youtube.com/watch?v=rvOjF_zGPcU
youtube.com/watch?v=9Fa6GvbHNK0
youtube.com/watch?v=55Nmc-nL964
youtube.com/watch?v=zOTLCbTQGn8
youtube.com/watch?v=YkY1XdlYoCs

I'm just going to leave these great battles here for you guys to love.

>Best to never enter /padt/.
This goes without saying.

The Pokemon anime was never good, under any context and to think otherwise is pure nostalgiafagging

XY wasn't good either, you fags just hyped it up because of shipping and "muh battles"

Was Alola that bad?
I haven't seen it, but I was under the impression that it was AG-tier at least.

Some episodes are fun but my co worker has been watching some episodes at work and in a row, it's pretty dull when nothing happens. I watch Pokemon for captures,evos and battles. There is barely any of that in SM. Also lots of the fillers people praise for being different are you regular anime fillers, sure they are't "Pokemon anime fillers" where Ash meet some bland CoTD and then Team Rocket appears but still has te typical baseball filler, racing filers,etc. which are very common anime fillers if you watch more than 3 anime

But it's like the best PM series since the first one.

>XYFags still mad that Ashy Trash lost the league to best Boi Alain and they resort to bashing SM which everyone and their mothers know it's garbage