Non-isekai fantasy>isekai

Non-isekai fantasy>isekai

Grancrest is no better than the host of shitty isekai stories though.

You are too old for this place

>Non-isekai fantasy
after 50 years of the same fucking shit it gets old

You're not wrong, but that isn't exactly a high bar.

Why aren't you anons writing your OWN isekai RIGHT NOW?!

I'm creatively bankrupt and only have a few ideas and little knowhow on fleshing them out

there are exceptions

Manga needs art

Isekai rankings:
God tier
>Digimon
>Dragon Ball
Great tier
>Dungeon Seeker
>Faraway Paladin
>Kumo spider
>Overlord
Good tier
>Konosuba
Bad tier
>Arifureta
>Shield Hero
>Slime Reincarnation
Shit tier
>Re:monster

Isekai anime has been around since anime started user...

post more Lina

Isekai is just a narrative tool that is easy to use, and its an okay method to bringing the arrogant protagonist to the new world if done correctly.

So about the same as the average isekai author. I wish I had any talent at all with it, but having ideas of what I would like changed isn't enough to do it myself.

I'm fine with both. It just matters which one is done well. There's good and bad shows in every genre and sub genre. Slayers was better than Escaflowne not because Escaflowne was isekai, but because Slayers had better character development and led to a coherent ending for season 1 ans 2. Escaflowne had bland characters that led to a rushed ending and a shitty movie. The sub genre doesn't even factor into it.

true but I still want better isekai

>Isekai
>Dragon Ball

It's never done correctly, though. There is literally not a single isekai anime that rises above the level of forgettable mediocrity, and most of them are far worse.

mecha isekai>fantasy isekai

even better

The only thing good about Slayers was Megumi's songs.

And Seasons 1-3. And the movies/OAVs.

Goku was transported to another world from his home, no?

Anyone have pictures of the Kaifuku MC? Also Bookworm is comfy.

WE CLAIM THIS THREAD FOR THE ISEKAI HORDE

You have claimed it. Now you need to provide enough support to keep it.

I wrote a whole manuscript with the premise of the Isekai character being the sidekick rather than the protag.

The joke being that he called himself a wizard but was very clearly just using mundane items like grenades and guns.

>gun wizard
Write it user.

Normal fantasy isn't any less overdone than isekai fantasy. You still get some that are good though. I don't really watch isekai but just from seeing what's talked about on here it seems pretty repetitive. I think the last isekai I actually watched or read was Inuyasha over a decade ago.

I'm really enjoying Shikkaku Mon no Saikyou Kenja. I mean, sure, the MC is the usual OP bullshit magic. But it's played off well. Anyone can really become strong, and he teaches the two female leads how to be crazy OP compared to everyone else just like he is.

I also liked the twist where the reason he was so OP is because the demons have been sabotaging magic and not just because of some god giving him a cheat code.

Final Fantasy Unlimited did it. Trust me, you don't want it.

Sure, great stuff like Escaflowne and Rayearth exists, we also have utter crap like Knight's and Magic.

I like this one. The art style feels classic. I hope more people read it. The fluffy black-haired bitch Agete is my self-insert.

>K&M
>Crap
how much of a pleb can you be

I really like the "bad" guy's design

Fucking scans are slow as shit though. The people scanning it said chapter 9 should have been up last weekend but that didn't happen. And the translator is already through chapter 12 but the people putting it on the page are slow as shit.

And yeah, I Agete too.

It doesn't stop more recent fantasy shows like Grancrest, Bahamut Virgin Show, and even the newer Slayers series from being garbage. At this point isekai shows are better simply because more come out to the point where some good ones show up.

The design is cool, yeah. I don't know much about the author's past works, though.

Holy shit, the art is top notch. I hope it doesn't get picked up by slow-ass English publishers.

It's Kodansha and they're known to do simultaneous English releases of their manga. I hope Atelier gets picked up for that. Some people complain about the official translations but it's better than waiting a year between chapters.

Ubel Blatt was quite good until it became shit.

I liked early Ubel Blatt, and stopped keeping up with it a long time ago, but it seems much different that how it started. Less nudity and more combat also.

Pigmen and orcs have never done anything wrong ever, especially not to princesses, female knights and their sisters/daughters/friends

I'm good enough at writing, but barely adequate at drawing. Plus, once I improve enough at my drawing, I'm not gonna be doing isekai. I'm gonna be doing contemporary mahou shoujo and slice of life.

So are you.

I dropped it when the main traitor suddenly resurrected as a younger version of himself.
Did it get interesting after that?

Nope, it becomes shit like Naruto final war, but even worse (and it's monthly) ever since Glenn get resurrected.

>I'm gonna be doing contemporary mahou shoujo and slice of life.
Just make the magical girls be reverse-isekai'd fantasy mages.

We are talking about old bearded wizards who reincarnate as little girls, right?

I mean, if you're into that, sure.

I'd rather stick with my idea about a female super hero who causes all the crimes she is trying to thwart.

You are entirely correct.
But in the lack of true fantasy, I'll take whatever isekai shows up.

This one isn't isekai, right? How is it? I read the first chapter of the manga version and it's pretty cool.

That doesn't fucking count and you know it

It's pretty alright if not a little slow paced. Manga will probably make the pace faster, so be sure to follow it.
Don't expect much in the way of romance, as while it is there, it's super, super fucking slow. Also not harem.

The artist's color illustrations are fucking amazing but his monochrome ones, while charming, are somewhat lacking as well.

does anyone have a mega for vol 3 part 2 of Faraway Paladin?

stick to the manga, the wn translation is one of the more atrocious hack jobs you'll find

JNC picked it up so I imagine following the novel will be pretty pleasant too.

Over half of anime has a fantasy bend to it, even when it uses a contemporary or futuristic setting. Do you mean a lack of high fantasy?

He probably means "classic" fantasy since there are proper terms for the kind of fantasy you are talking about, I think fantasy in a modern setting is called urban fantasy and I don't know about the other one.

This is not isekai too. I've just started reading it with the Bing translator and it's surprisingly bearable.

Does it get better after they get to the school

Thank you.

Haven't got that far yet. I honestly don't put too much hope in it.

I don't play a whole lot of jrpgs, mostly older final fantasy games and dragon quest. But all the Isekais all follow the same formula.

There's an adventurer's guild, you start out as Rank F, you do guild requests to increase rank, etc. All the protags always say they've seen this in games, but I can't say I've seen that. It's a simple enough system, don't get me wrong - I just can't remember ever seeing it before.

So is this something that's widespread in japanese games?

Honestly, isekai manga/anime that try to seem like video games seems like the strangest concept I've ever heard.

I mean they do it pretty much all the time. The 'inspect' function, measuring HP/MP and stats with numerical values, grinding skills, etc etc etc.

But for some odd reason the Adventurer's guild stuff sticks out as being semi-unfamiliar to me. Not out of place, not difficult to understand, it makes perfect sense - I just wonder why I haven't seen it in many games and figured it was mainly in jrpgs that haven't crossed the ocean yet.

It's copying games like Monster Hunter, Phantasy Star Online and etc. But also a lot of them are just copying the most popular isekai shows which made up their own systems. In my opinion, part of the appeal of isekai is they're doing things that viewers would like to see MMOs do. Both gameplay systems but also the style of animation/design. Because you're not going to see a game with the level of detail an anime can bring to character animations and expressions. Also, the idea that you could jump into the game world and make up your own special poses/attack animation/etc. Games are never going to be to the point where it "feels like playing an anime." You can improve cel shading or make really good animations, but after 50-100 hours, it just keeps repeating.

>all isekai follow the same formula

>great
>Overlord
Have you been watching season 2? Its fucking shit.

Yeah, yeah. My bad.

>the majority of Isekai follow the same formula

Better?

Isn't it just the basic tavern where the party members gather 'round for info and to set up quests?

It's so stock standard I never got why people were upset about muh adventurers guilds.

Yes, that's far better lad

If I do it. Will you read it?

its mostly realismfags crying about muh army with no state behind it and murderhobos are bad.

Sure, my question is mainly about the whole 'guild rankings' system and the fact that it's often referenced as being just like games. I've played many jrpgs but haven't encountered that system, as a great many jrpgs are linear and that feels more geared towards an open-world type.

Hence why I bring up the question. I wonder if there are well-known games where that whole guild ranking system comes into play, and since I haven't encountered it whether those games are really niche or what. You get me?

>It's so stock standard I never got why people were upset about muh adventurers guilds.
Like many other common features in isekais, it's not inherently shitty feature but it's pretty much guaranteed that a garbage isekai will have one, whereas there's a chance that a good one will not.

Reverse Isekai>isekai

>Arifureta
So much fuckin' potential wasted.
MC had every conceivable right to be an edge-lord thanks to his asshole classmates. The dungeon exploration was interesting, The original dungeon fights were good. His loli waifu was great.
Everything turned to shit when left the dungeon. Rabbit ruined everything and he slowly became a pussy.

I only despise the Adventurer Ranks because it's the laziest way to convey a hierarchy and reputation between adventurers and also because it's always tied with the shitty "MC is looked down by B-Rank faggots because es is E-Rank" cliche, not to mention how any stories that brings them up will have MC wasting his time with pointless quest just to increase his rank even though his strength is SS-tier since the very beginning.

Try was a mess.

My patrician brother. Anime continuance never.

What is this?

MC was already an OP faggot who won his battles through sheer power before he left the dungeon.
He became a generic OP MC instead of a determinened survivor around the time he met the vampire and from that point onwards the whole story just got shittier and shittier.

Is this one of those whose sole purpose of gender bending is yuri fan service and nothing would be lost if she was female from the start?

Twelve Kingdoms my man, a all time classic

Jean Reno is in all the best isekai

Why does westernshit bold random words. Who TALKS like this I MEAN really, it's distracting AS hell to READ.

Happens in English translation of manga a lot too and I've never understood it either.

Tio was fun, but I stopped reading after he reunited with his female classmate. The story had terminal cancer by that point.

Most anime adaptions are shit. They are often adaptions of adaptions, and have lost a good chunk of the story along the way.

Hell, I'm waiting for it to go full circle and someone reincarnates into Lina Inverse.
Especially if it's pic related

Is there an anime/OVA/movie about a sengoku era samurai being transported to present day?
There must be one.

It's because the author is a gender bender freak. It's the author of loli gangrape town.

I didn't like Tio that much, she was pretty one dimensional and the whole LOOK SHE IS A SUPER MASOCHIST, SHE GETS HORNY WHEN MC INSULTS HER, ISN'T THAT FUNNY? shit really rustled my jimmies.

But still entertaining, unlike R-Evo.

I'm still waiting for Lost Universe to get the remake it deserves. After it got screwed during development. A show with a girl who is Lina Inverse and Amelia combined into one character? Fucking best idea ever.

oh

>loli gangrape town.
What? Is this a doujin or a legit story?