Re:zero

what an anticlimactic, unsatisfying, badly written clusterfuck.

for something that sucks you in so quickly it sure doesn't deliver.

At least it's better than +90% of all the other isekai's out there.

It's not though.

Go to syosetu and read a few webnovels, then you'll fucking know.

I wish they went further into this shit. The arcs where Subaru fails are way more interesting than the ones in which he succeeds.

You got your heart broken as much as I did?

so true.

best episode in the series.

Yes desu

Don't worry. The faggot director cut out an essential scene from the LN just to try and make Emilia look more relevant.

Re:Zero was easily a 9/10 and Emilia>Rem

it was like a 6/10, and Subaru loving Emilia instead of Rem made no fucking sense.

This is the true post. Emilia was a walking plot device.

This seems like the kinda show that screams read the source material instead. Am I right?

don't really care, not into mangas. i'll take your word for it that it's better.

It makes more sense once you realize Suburu has autism. Look at someone like Chris-chan and his obsessions with several women he barely knew. It doesn't take much for an autist to get attached to a woman beyond the comprehension of any normal person. She was his "boyfriend-free girl." Even if there's (Re:)zero chemistry between the two, even if their only commonality is their shared mental disorder, and no matter how many times he makes her life more difficult, he will always "Love" her simply based on the fact that he doesn't know what love is.

>Japanese literature
lol

I like LNs just fine. Never read a WN though.

Oldfag here. Oh look, it's neo-Sup Forums disliking this show again due to its popularity and to be contrarian. This show is easily a 9/10, if not higher, and if you disagree, it's for the reasons previously stated or simply due to your mediocre taste. There's nothing really to discuss or argue about. There's no need to discuss the obvious. And you hammering on this show doesn't magically make you have good taste. To the contrary, newfags.

>it's neo-Sup Forums disliking this show again due to its popularity and to be contrarian
OP here. I'm actually pretty new to anime and have no idea how popular shows are, I just watch shit that gets recommended to me. I thought it was ok and some of the episodes were extremely solid on their own, but as a series it had a lot of drawbacks that just made it fail as a cohesive work to me.

I don't hate or like things based on how popular they are. I'm not that type of person lol.

He doesn't actually like Emilia though. In a scene with the spirit of the deceased Witch of Lust, she uses her Lust authority to look like the person who Subaru most desires and wants.
She appears as Rem. Not Emilia

Which episode M8?
>LN
Ohhhhhhhh, okay. But then it goes to him not being able to understand his own feelings, and suddenly we're back to autism. At this point, he's autistic no matter who he loves. I don't dislike Re:Zero. Suburu's a better form of autism than Violet Evergarden or Tomoko as it is a legit superpower. But it's still autism and the show would be better if he knew how to interact with actual people. But that's a little too much to expect from Japanese...well, Japanese anything really.

It’s hard to keep going in the bad ends if he’s dead.

Oh Shit.

That’s juicy af

>it's revealed that puck is a giant furry God that can destroy planets
>this is never elaborated on or mentioned again in the show

How can the Emilia fags even recover

Re:Zero's concept would be so much better put to use with a smarter MC.

Emilia a shit
Rem a shit

So how did Rem die in that one timeline in the mansion? If the curse came from the puppy that bit Subaru in the village, how did Rem get the curse?

Because Subaru didn't go to town Rem got bitten instead of Subaru

So Rem played with the kids, which is what led to the interaction with the puppy in the first place?

That's some awfully convenient plot.

I don't think it's that unreasonable user....
Rem is a nice girl after all

There is evidence to suggest that Rem was actually the primary target, and Meili was just fucking around when she had the dog bite Subaru.

It's too bad this is the only time Subaru mans up and sudokus. I really thought that would be a recurring event when Subaru doesn't get it right.

You'll kill any goodwill you have with your viewers if you don't deliver a respectable payoff at the end. Refer to criticism of Danganronpa V3 and Zero Time Dilemma.

There's a limit to how much you can let your hero suffer, unless your storyline's appeal is making people suffer.

The payoff was boring though, that's the thing. I'm not saying they should have let him suffer forever, I'm just saying that the authors are better at writing suffering than they are at writing resolutions.

>It's too bad this is the only time Subaru mans up and sudokus.
He does it later. Only once, and it doesn't do him any good. He doesn't control the checkpoints.

>people hate the show because they don't like subaru

wah my MC isn't OP and doesn't pick my favorite girl WAH, yeah go neck yerselves tards

Well that's because they cut off the real ending to the arc. Where Rem is put into a coma and Subaru kills himself to go back and save her and only finds out that he can't, which is also after he confesses to her as well.

>what an anticlimactic, unsatisfying, badly written clusterfuck.
You missed boring. Re: Zero is the worst story ever told.

the absolute state of remfags

Do you guys really think you achieve anything by posting that?

The most forgiving thing about this shit is Rem.

I'm just posting best girl

But then again what can we expect from some narou novel though. Publishers should stop stalking that site to pick worst isekai content.

It's like people don't get the fucking point of Subaru at all. The entire point of his obsession with Emilia is that Subaru sees her as the first person who has ever actually needed him around. That's why he goes so far, because he hated his old worthless NEET life and he doesn't want to regress.

Wrong on both accounts.

How? Dying sucks, remember.

That is not saying much.

>smarter
Name 1 thing that he did that was dumb. And I said dumb, not irrational.

Because a series about a clever but not brilliant mc piecing together a puzzle about the events unfolding through trial and error is more interesting than what we got. Never does Subaru consider the bigger picture in the events he's involved in. At least in the anime

Subaru isn't dumb, he's just not very smart. I just think the series would be more interesting if he was more clever/observant.

>At least in the anime
yeah that's the problem, I think Re:Zero is a exceptional series because you get see to the MC develop over time. You get to see him happy, sad, and completely depressed at times while he struggles in a different world. But the thing is that he has to develop from something right? He doesn't start out good.

>but not brilliant mc piecing together a puzzle about the events unfolding through trial and error is more interesting than what we got.
He does exactly that later on, he used a well thought out strategy to defeat the puzzle that took information gained from several different loops to succeed where he even out-kekkaiku'd the 400 year old kekkaiku character. But the anime/LN already cut that out and changed it so it looks like he just lucked out instead.

That's disappointing. I'll give the WN/LN a read

If you’re not the patient type I wouldnt strongly recommend it, I still would recommend it though. The WN Arc 4 succeeding the anime is 130 some chapters long with 1600 pages (the English TL), the build up is extremely slow but it had good foreshadowing to make up for it. But 70-80 chapters in I decided no matter what I’ll was going to stick with this series until the end because what it was doing was being pulled off extremely well.