I was a huge fan of Haruhi back when it was first released...

I was a huge fan of Haruhi back when it was first released. I know there will never be a season three or second film despite $$$, however what is the status of the light novels? Are they worth reading?

>also it has been 12 years already
>the animation is still quality

>however what is the status of the light novels?
The last one is eternally on hiatus

>it is endless eight all over again

Does the author just not care to finish the series?

Last time I heard he wrote an apology letter for reverting back to being a NEET despite him making fucktons from the franchise, and also for being on writers block for a couple of years, seems like the author literally run out of gas to continue the series.

So much wasted potential down the drain, we probably wont ever see the series' conclusion.

Remember when Haruhism was a thing?

The status of the light novels is the REASON there will never be a season three.

He really dropped the ball here. The guy had a cultural phenomenon in his hands and pissed it all away.

The novels are so much worth reading. Go do that. Now.
Actually it's the only thing I don't regret of that dark time of anime and haruhism. It introduced me to the works of Nagaru Tanigawa.
Has it really been so bad it went downhill? I still hadn't the chance to read past the 7th novel.

>プロットはまだ送れてないですけど書いてはいるんですよ。書いてるんだけど、なんか途中で投げ出しちゃって・・・じゃあ今、口頭でいいます
He said this 7 years ago and there's still no 12th novel out. I am not sure if he's trying to pull a jackson here or just gave up on writing altogether

Read it, love it and suffer because no sequel

Wasn't that the Welcome to the NHK author? Or are they both NEETs now?

Yeah that's NHK guy. Tanigawa just didn't say anything since 2012

What did he say in 2012? Iirc the last time he talked about novel 12 is in 2011 in haruhi fanbook. He also did comment on other stuff after that but nothing related to haruhi.

I actually miss those times. They were simpler times.

The series crossed 20 million copies in print mark and yet no novel 12. What the the fuck is wrong with him?

Talking about Haruhi and apologizing for taking a few years writing LN 11.

more like he doesn't have to balls to finish it

There hasn't been a word from Tanigawa since like 2011 or 2012. Apparently he's on some light novel rating commission now. He probably wasn't sure how to tie the books up and finish the damn thing.

Would you trade your best PC to touch Mikuru's breast?

No but I'd trade all of my hardware for Haruhi

>light novel rating commission
He's among the final judge committee for this sneaker bunko's fresh author awards. He's been making comments here and there since 2011 but nothing related to haruhi. He said he was writing book 12 in 2011 and then went on to write another book Zetsuboukei which got released on September 2014. So it's actually been a little more than 3 years since he released something. Considering he took 4 years break to write something new during his first writer's block, i guess we'll get new book announcement within few months boys.

I want to fucking believe

What if current kyoani adapted this novel? Oh boy will they butcher everything novel and introduce anime original content

>>also it has been 12 years already
>>the animation is still quality
Yeah and 101 Dalmatians is 57 years old yet it's one of the best animated movies of all time. Why do people act like animation is somehow supposed to improve over time with technology?

You’re pretty fucking delusional, but whatever you say, user.

Yeah I've waited longer than what this series if worth for and now you either give me book 12 or s3 or you could just fuck off and officially announce the death of the novel series. Remove that fucking hiatus status if you don't have any intentions to continue the series tanigawa.

I remember having read somewhere in the internet that he pretty much gave up on writting and that if he had to pick someone for finishing the novels it would be the guy writing Nagato-chan. Not sure what is true or what isn't though.
I honestly think he wrote himself into a corner and has no idea on what to do next with the story.

This is the saddest part in my opinion.

>I honestly think he wrote himself into a corner and has no idea on what to do next with the story.
No way, that'd have been after Disappearance and that didnt happen

Why is he so lucky?

What you heard is 100% pure rake rumors. He even got the plot for novel 12 and even explains it to editors and noizo itou during roundtable discussion. They removed that part in the transcript published in fanbook.

Holy shit when? Sauce plz

Roundtable discussion part in suzumiya haruhi no kansoku fanbook. It's 7 years ago tho

Sadly they censored the parts where he explains the story.

>also it has been 12 years already
>the animation is still quality
>animation quality relies on time

They probably will make another season/special/spinoff at some point. It was too iconic not to be cashed in by somebody at some point i would think.

>A third season
>by the studio that's become too embarassed of making honest to god moe and would much rather shit out hyper-filtered crap with forced TV drama-like plots
Thanks, no.

At least it'd look pretty and it's not like they can ruin the story

Also, they could readapt the Remote island syndrome chapter in an OVA closer to the novel. You know, without the loli nor the cave scene and with the hangover and the true end of the story.