Other urls found in this thread:

dsgstng.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Violet is my wife.

No.

Watch it, and decide for yourself.

he holes were burned closed in when she lost her limbs

only a bag and mouth now

Please stop spreading lies about my wife.

Best one this season.

sad excuse for a kyoani show

yo nigga,we already 8 episodes in the anime,can you at least use different image when making thread like this?

Your wife is autistic.

>yo nigga

Its one of the many reasons I fell for her. Thanks for noticing.

...In that case, you two go and enjoy yourselves.

Y'know, if she can feel joy.

Thanks user. I will enjoy my time with Violet!

AOTD material

Anime of the... day?

He's right, though.
I would call it AOTS

is it overanimated?

No. It's like they set out to make a show where there's nothing to care about or get invested in.

Why this bitch always look so sad?

Over-raters like this are why KYOANI gets a bad rap. They peddle amazing looking mediocrity, especially their shows with any fanservice moments because they lack the balls to even add nipple bumps. They have a safe image to keep, it is pretentious, and KYOANI has always been over-rated.

I like it.

How is it that no one in this show can write but they can somehow read

Does that make sense?

yo niBBa.

>no one in this show can write
umm wat?

reminder that violet wants to know what is love

No one knows how to write, that's why they get the dolls to write for them.

Yes, I like it.

It's not necessarily because nobody don't know how to write but because they don't know how to write good enough. This is why there's a strict school you have to go to before you can call yourself a doll.

I guess that makes sense. I just thought that literally every single letter had to go through the dolls first because no one knew how to write but them.

based what is love poster

They're hired to write professional letters. In the episode with the princess, Violet figures out that this is not always the best thing and she and Cattleya gets the two lovers to write the letters themselves instead to make it more genuine.

You'd be forgiven for thinking that because Violet spends like half her time doing menial typist jobs that have nothing to do with ghostwriting.

Why does Violet look like Saber

>they lack the balls to even add nipple bumps
Not a Kyoanus dickrider but maybe they don't because the fat tumor-looking fanservice ones common in animu are not that common IRL and they're obviously going for realism and extreme attention to detail in this and all the other shit they've done like it.

To make her look attractive.

Does Luculia sound different between episodes 3 and 6 or am I just crazy?

M A S T E R R A C E
A
S
T
E
R

R
A
C
E

BABY DON'T HURT ME

Because she was a child that was pretty much feral and knew nothing but war and murder growing up and sometimes she misses it.

Unironically AOTY. + read novel

AOTS, way better than that Eva copy

>they don't know how to write good enough.
So, you relate to them.

Oh snap, you burned me.

What an ugly version of Violet.

And I will treasure it forever, user.

Why do people like this show?

Sup Forums doesn't discuss it much.
It's really popular with normalfags though.

She looks better than saber.

Writer is a woman. She's awful at portraying war. She's awful at making believable female main character instead of a blatant overpowered self-insert. Whole thing is just designed for her to wank off on Violet, launch her through a series of pseudo-challenges and inevitably reunite her with her idealized pretty face love interest.

Why are you trying so hard?

Not really. It was overhyped, and while it has its moments, it's mediocre at best. Don't really understand why normies, hipsters, and Westerners like it.

Violet Evergarden is art in its purest form. Leonardo Da Vinci wishes he could craft something as excellent as what Kyoani put into their everlasting Evergarden. This anime holds a strog fragrance of timelessness and I believe this masterpiece will be remembered for ages to come. When people will go beyond the stars and visit other galaxies, they'd be proud to be the part of the same species that invented one of the greatest works of fiction in cosmic history. Those who say it has forced drama are just commoners, even Van Gogh wasn't treated with respect when he was alive, but when the time will pass, this magnum opus of Kyoani will still be mentioned as an example of how to produce a perfect animated series. Violet Evergarden is one of the best-written characters in any story. Her backstory and her personality make perfect sense and her evolution as a more emotional person is groundbreaking. The artwork and animation by Kyoani is the pinnacle of what is possible with animation. Lush colors, detailed environments and fluid movements that truly display the excellence of the staff behind Violet Evergarden. This anime is a masterwork and before you criticize it, study what high art is all about.

Thanks user, you opened my mind.

I preferred her when she didn't look like saber clone though

What's your MAL account? I want to click "helpful" on this review.

Despite some weaker episodes, it's still AOTS by a wide margin.

The LN nonsense about Violet being some kind of living weapon is by far the worst part of the show.

Yes, if she was a simple child soldier she would be infinitely more relatable.
As it stands now, previous Ishikawa's role, 2B is much more humanlike and full of flaws, and she is an actual living weapon instead of whatever avatar of goddess bullshit they are trying to use for Violet.

Sure it was overhyped, but it is infinitely more compelling than whatever trash CGDCT shows are also airing this season.

It serves no purpose. It only detracts from the story, but it is also typical Nip nonsense.

Thats a pretty good explanation but I still kekked.

Post cute princess!

>She's awful at portraying war
Good thing the series isn't about war then.

It's pretty, but boring. I wouldn't recommend it unless god-tier animation is enough for you to outweigh the boring plot and characters

I am honestly surprised this has managed to bore me more than Phantom World did.

Well its not a masterpiece but by any means its bad/mediocre, don't brand the show as bad/mediocre because its the favourite amongs the shitposters and normalfags.

It is bizzare watching threads consisting exclusively of shitposters and haters discussing among themselves the show they don't like.

It looks very important.

First day here?

It seems like VEG haters don't consume anything besides Japanese entertainment, thus never realizing its artistry and calling Violet a Saber clone, when a character like her existed for a long time in different forms of fiction in various time periods. Read some Charles Dickens and Victor Hugo before criticizing the shining star of anime. Fate/Stay Night isn't a real novel, it's an erotic game aimed at Japanese teenagers. Violet Evergarden is one of the most believable, beautiful and consistently wonderful anime ever made.

No, but i don't go make bait threads for shows i don't like and spend hours of my day shitposting in them.

>the series isn't about war
War is an extremely important plot point for both Violet and Gilbert and it literally cannot be taken seriously with 14 years girl being able to crush necks of adult soldiers in mostly down to earth setting.

No, it is just your autism.

It's adorable that the only thing VEG defence force uses is deflection.

Nero once said.

‘I wish I was illiterate.’

It is hard burden to be a patrician surrounded by the crowd of plebs. But once elevating above their level, there is no coming back. With great power comes great responsibility - that of looking down upon the ants below and recognizing that getting involved in their unintellegent squables is beyound yourself and while having the talent for appreciation of art and beuty, you are better spending time doing exactly that disregarding the envy of those under your feet.

see

Unironically AOTS.

Yes, Last episode was a solid 8/10, I nearly bawled my eyes out.

Is that so?
Well then, take a seat son. Because this episode is probably going to be crushing.

Only begining maybe. There is not much left unshown in Intense battle, just how she loses her arms and end of ep 1 scene again. So probably will take half episode at most, with second half moving on

Right. They'll finish showing their last moments together and then will start dealing with the second cliffhanger which is Violet in the present staring at his grave.
My heart is not ready user.

Oh please no, I thought this would be it.

Violet Snow playing this episode or nay?

Depends. If they transit to Ann episode in second half (if they intend to show the rest of remaining chapters at all) it would be healing instead.

That said, they have 5 episodes remaining. Not sure what they might adapt.

[ X ] Violet and the Scriptwrite
[ ? ] The Girl and the Auto-Memories Doll
[ ? ]The Soldier and the Auto-Memories Doll
[ X ] The Scholar and the Auto-Memories Doll
[ ? ]The Prisoner and the Auto-Memories Doll
[ X ]The Major and the Automatic Assassin Doll

[ ? ]The Major and His Everything
[ X ]The Girl Soldier and Her Everything
[ ? ]The Groom and the Auto-Memories Doll
[ ? ]The Demigod and the Auto-Memories Doll
[ finale ]The Flying Letters and the Auto-Memories Doll

No more side characters. Maybe Edward, just maybe.

If they went rearranging stuff much, one episode that would fit would be Lux episode. As it is about will to live. After news of Gilbert's death, she is pretty much broken now. It is in Lux chapter she tells that she recieved order "to live" as well deals with suicidal character who has weak grasp on living without purpose.

Alternatively Soldier chapter once again make her heavily self insert into situation at hand, dealing with dieing soldier.

Prisoner is plot relevant as well. Girl/Groom are episodic and i doubt they will show assassination as it is chronologically before battle of Intense.

Becuse it looks very pretty, there is literally nothing else remarkable or interesting about it.

That's a lot of face close ups.

Well yes. The episode had a lot of emotions conveyed through their eyes. It also had a lot of fire symbolism, I just chose the beautiful shots that were relevant to what the episode was going for.
Not all of them, mind you, but most of them.
I also avoided too many battle scenes since they were dark as fuck.

>faces convey emotions
No shit, 80% of every grid should be faces if that's your argument

It's watchable, but kind of mediocre if we're being honest.

Except that's not my argument. I only placed them there because Violet is usually emotionless and having those shots on later grids contrast her robotic state on the earlier ones rather well.
I still have some changes that I want to do but that'll have to wait until the weekend.

Now, let's not start a pointless fight over cinegrids. There's nothing stopping either of us from having both or changing whatever it is that we didn't like.

so why do people hate Kyoto Animation studio? Much of their work seems popular with Sup Forums and Sup Forums in general.

Saved!

What is the name of the suicidal character?

10 mins. I'm not fucking ready, hold my hand.

dsgstng.com/ in 5min

キターーーッ