05 Haikyū ch.286
06 Act-Age ch.001
07 Gintama ch.667
08 Bozebeats ch.002
09 Yūna-san ch.095
10 Sōma ch.247
11 Hinomaru ch.177
12 Robot ch.041

One Piece and Hunter × Hunter were absent 8 weeks ago so aren't ranked this week.

source is twitter.com/YonkouProd/status/971238964072976384/photo/1

Some basic info from Viz

>06 Act-Age ch.001
Not bad. Guess that and BB will survive for a little while longer.

So both Bozebeats and Act-age are saved?

>06 Act-Age ch.001
>not bottom five

Boze has technically been bottom 5 for its first 2 chapters

I don't know why they're prolonging Robot. Is it because it's from a famous author? That shit looked like it had something for the first 5 chapters. Then it went to dogs. Now it's consistently hogs the last 2 positions. Why is it still alive?

Nice to see Act-Age with a good placing in it first chapter.

Just realize without Spring Weapon there really isn't a cushion anymore. Luckily with 3 more new series it should be a while before anything is axed, especially if HxH plan on going on hiatus again which it will.

AA seemed pretty good honestly. But i had this evil desire of wanting it to get axed because it takes something so normal and portrays it as something very intense.

Ay so what's that BC color page lookin like?

>it takes something so normal and portrays it as something very intense.
The MC's thing isn't real method acting, it's just creepy. They've toned it down quite a bit.

It sold well. Honestly, aside for fujos I don't see why would anybody bought it.

>06 Act-Age ch.001
nips had good taste for once

>the new series aren't garbage fodder so something must die
Fuck, souma will end in this arc, I knew it wouldn't go past the first year.
I can see yuuna pulling a TLR and going to another magazine.

What happened to Soma?

Middle aged men happened.

Wait when did Spring Weapon end again?

Average Ranking of last 8 weeks

01 One Piece 01.20
02 Kimetsu 02.33
03 Dr. Stone 02.80
04 Neverland 02.83
05 Black Clover 04.00
06 Hero Academia 04.86
07 BokuBen 05.17
08 Haikyū 05.71
09 Act-Age 06.00
10 Bozebeats 08.00
11 Hinomaru 08.57
12 Boruto 09.00
13 Sōma 09.17
14 Gintama 09.29
15 Yūna-san 10.57
16 Robot 12.13

Last week.

The latest batch reek of cannon fodder, I wouldn't worry.

>Fuck, souma will end in this arc
You are retarded.

Shueisha should really advertise Soma. It never gotten any push from them and I guess it direly needs that love now.

>beating the 1st and 2nd seat, daddy issues resolved
There's nothing more to do, especially with these low rankings.

Not him but the premise of the series is for Soma to graduate from the academy. Soma's overall goal is not to defeat the first seat then claim that seat. Besides even if Soma were not to defeat the first seat, because the first seat is a third year he wouldn't be in the main story anymore for much longer since he and other third years will graduate from the academy sometime soon whereas Soma and co will become second years so him beating the first seat in his first year doesn't signify anything whether the story is done or that he is the best chef in the entire world. Instead him beating the first seat gives him the opportunity to measure his growth before he's out of the story for a long time.

You just confirmed my thoughts with this post.

Do you think they'll try to make an arc that can "top" the current one or will the road to graduation be paved with a bunch of shorter but less complicated cooking challenges?

Probably graduation timeskip to Soma and co's second year then more Soma training and learning then some characterization arcs with other characters getting focused later on.

>Not him but the premise of the series is for Soma to graduate from the academy
Haven't you noticed how they're literally never in class? After he wins here, there's no one left to challenge him at the academy.

Didn't they have that thing about an international cooking tournament called BLUE? I mean, there's that. You're right, though. Aside what you listed and the BLUE tournament, assuming we get to it, there isn't much more for Soma to cover. I doubt we'll actually see Soma defeat his father. Seems like a "last couple pages" type of scenario to close out the series.

>Act-age
So I guess that means it'll get picked up soon

>16 Robot 12.13
If Act-Age and Bozebeats keep it up, Jump will have no choice but to end Robot
Nothing else is vulnerable

Oh, this explains why Act-Age just began a longer arc and introduced a bunch of characters. No wonder, the mangaka feels that they're going to be allowed survive for a while. For anyone curious, they introduced a main rival and MC's first real trial: a 1000 person audition for a popular TV drama.

Soma isn't aiming to challenge strong people because they are strong. Soma aims to challenge anyone then learn from them to help himself improve further. Besides just because he defeats the first seat doesn't literally mean he's the best chef at the academy. That's not how shit works and also Soma isn't beating the first seat solo, he is working together with Erina to defeat the first and second seat together which means by your logic that Soma shouldn't be the strongest since he couldn't defeat the first seat by himself.

dr stone more like dr strong

They're obviously going to win because their dishes are better as a full course while Rindou's and Tsukasa's were much better individually but weren't cohesive.

Pretty much, probably.

At least make the typo

See how predictable that shit became. We always knew soma and erina are going against rindou and eishi.

For me it became boring when azami came and gave erina an unnecessary tragic backstory. She was fine as a hime-tsundere.

>rankings
Is it low enough to warrant a Sesuji ending where it entered a sudden time skip into an epilogue after the last huge tournament?

You say this like they won't introduce some rival cooking school/overseas adversaries for 2nd/3rd year. Most WSJ series are structured so that they can be dragged on for as long as needed. And since Soma still sales fairly well, it'll keep going.

>02 Kimetsu 02.33
>03 Dr. Stone 02.80
>04 Neverland 02.83
>05 Black Clover 04.00
SUPER PUSH

>gave erina an unnecessary tragic backstory
It was characterization for her character. Erina wasn't the first character in this series to have a wealthy harsh family backstory but the difference between them and Erina is that Erina's family plays a huge role in the story and has many ties to Soma and his family which made Erina's characterization since she's the second MC more relevant and important overall and is why it had such a huge impact.

SUPER PUSH for Soma when?

>soma and erina are going against rindou and eishi
>the tournament is finally down to its final contestants
Finally. Looks like it's time for my yearly Soma binge.

Dude, every single character with Erina's role and character type has a similar backstory.

Sells really well. It's actually pretty fun, especially since the timeskip. A hell of a lot better than Kuroko, that's for sure.

I want oricon sells for the week already.

Souma doesn't need it. It has consistent sales and it's a Jump staple now.

>tragic backstory
>tragic
It's honestly comical how they portrayed her "abuse".
>THROW THE FOOD AWAY YOU'RE ONLY ALLOWED TRUE GOURMET COOKING
>NO FATHER PLEASE STOP
What a horrible upbringing.

>soma and erina are going against rindou and eishi.
FINALLY! Time to catch up to the manga

Probably because it's a one man sport that doesn't have to focus on gay teamwork.

One Piece, Boku no Hero, Black Clover, Haikyuu, Dr. Stone, Bokuben, Robot x Laserbeam and a few others all had PUSHES but not Soma. The reason is probably because it's an ecchi series and they don't want to promote ecchiness honestly.

Instead they just give it anime and games.

>06 Act-Age ch.001
That's 6 spots higher than what I thought it'd get. I guess japs don't have complete shit taste after all, hopefully.

>12 Robot ch.041
All is right in the world

>06 Act-Age ch.001

Thank god nips.

>main rival
Tell me about them.

It is safe to pick up ACT-AGE now? I like the premise but dont want to be invested in something that may get the early ax.

>picking up a series with no scans

They introduced food Hitler 100 chapters ago and it's sucked ever since

Give it a few weeks. Unfortunately, Jump isn't the most friendly when it comes to new series, so Act-Age could take a downturn at any moment. I'll say, though, I loved the first 3 chapters, and the raws have me intrigued. Unfortunately, no one has picked it up yet, so there's also that, too. It definitely was interesting and seemed to have promise so fingers crossed.

Both are bland garbage

>We Can't Study (Color)

Moeyuki please.

>Jump isn't the most friendly when it comes to new series
>Over half the series are less than 3 years old
Be a little more optimistic user, hope is all we can give to this series.

Fuck so i can't shit post about MHA this week ha?

There's really no reason to, Soma already peaked. That's not to say it's gonna get cancelled anytime soon but it's sales have been in decline for awhile. It'll never be as popular as it once was

I can't read it

On average something like 60-70% of the new series in a given year get axed early

Well, I meant like brand spanking new serialization. But, yeah, you're right. Can't be helped. Been burned by Jump one too many times. Scumbros and Bamba the man, I shall never forget you guys.

It's has high scanlation priority among WSJ line up for gookscan. Pretty good indicator actually because most WSJ they cared about actually survived. Meanwhile they barely give any fuck to bozebeats and Robo

>no scans
He can just buy them.

A hyper-charismatic waifish girl who seems to steal everyone's attention and seems to be very lovely and sweet. However, MC said she can't see her true face. They say that she understands the audience perfectly and call her the Angel of Stars.

>a 1000 person audition for a popular TV drama.
Well they'll be able to drag that out for a long time if they want. What happens if the MC wins, though? It just becomes a series about the show?

Is this your first manga about acting? She likely would keep going to auditions.

She probably won't win. That or she'll at most earn a spot as an extra. Either way, I'm sure the talent scouts and all the other contestants will see how much promise she has, while acknowledging that her approach to getting in character might be harmful in the long run, like what has been established earlier.

>What happens if the MC wins, though?
The series ends. Honestly, it would work like that if it's getting the axe

Early chapter release this week or what? This ToC seems early since lately we've been getting them on Wednesdays

no

Yonkou is using his "Japan cannot get to me" powers to give us spoilers.

Anyone know what happened to that new shonen jump manga that appeared in an advertisement in WSJ a couple weeks ago? It had some super average black haired MC with a cool black alien coming out of his hand.

When are we going to get another Slam Dunk tier sports manga in WSJ?

Neverland anime when?

Slam Dunk had more sales per volume than fucking Dragon Ball did, nothing like it is ever going to happen again.
Based MCs like Sakuragi are gone for good too.

Kimetsu is going STRONG! Its good since the last arc was pure epic-ness!!!

Sad for HZ. Its a awesome sports manga, really hope the anime will make it a big name like Hajime no Ippo.

> Muh if a series i dont like does well its due to it being pushed.

It is getting pushed user. After the horrible last arc WSJ is forced to make people give a shit for it again.

Why the fuck is no one talking about Jump RISING? Someone post the PV.

Iirc it was a oneshot. And if not, its probably still not airing or it got axed before even releasing the first chapter (they maybe found something they want to show more than "parasyte in venom look x boy the manga")

I remember the last time they pushed a bunch of series with a neat name, 2 survive.

Haikyuu has a chance of pulling it off depending on how much the next few matches deliver. Maybe Hinomaru will pull out of its current situation...... somehow.

For real though, not sure what sport they could use to make something fresh now. We just had ping pong and soccer eat ass, sumo's starting to eat ass, golf is literally crawling on a trail made of tankobon, american football is dead thanks Eyeshield, and baseball is dead thanks to three gods still ongoing (well, Major and Oofuri; Daiya if you ignore I just said gods). I guess basketball died at the hands of Slam Dunk but Kuroko somehow managed to be successful so... who fucking knows.

I already dislike her

>big push of five series in 2012
>four of them ended up living good, full lives and the 5th is still currently one of Jump's headliners

Kimetsu, Neverland anime when?

Jump is really short on series right now.
Robot seems in danger, Bozebeat is a bit short on the ranking. Those two series doesn't seem very safe.
But there are only three new series annouced, while four have been canned (N1 died last week too).
If HXH doesn't go much farther than the usual 10 chapters, that means another turn of new series and of series axed could take place in the next few months.