Bondrewd did nothing wrong

hmmmm...

I know its a meme but he is an awful fucking monster pretending to be human and everything he did was wrong.

But his cause was admirable. The cartridges enabled safe ascent from sixth layer, and he seems to know about the thousand year curse thing

>turn orphans into blobs
FTFY

The tragedy of bonedruud is that as he abused an artefact, the only piece of him that remained from his humanity was the cause he had.

Bone daddy is best daddy

Tell that to Prushka

He created Nanachi, I think he deserves to be forgiven for all that other dumb shit. It was for the greater good after all.

Aye, imagine MIA without bunny girl. You can’t

Riko wouldnt have her stone with Bondrewd

user you can dress it up however you want it, what he did was completely reprehensible no matter how noble the cause.

I unironically think Bondrewd's research serves the greater good, thus making him a good guy. Pic related was also a good guy

He was also a huge loser.

Go away Sup Forums

He is, in a way, a Stealth Mentor to Riko's party, especially towards Nanachi. His true reason of committing atrocities of experimenting on children could be a motivator to raise someone strong enough to finally surpass and defeat him, and subsequently, reach the Seventh Layer and halt the source of the Curse once and for all. Blue and Orange Morality and For Science! attitude aside, he might have a good intention behind all of his experiments. Him experimenting whatever he comes across? He genuinely needs solutions to ward of the Curse for someone more well prepared than himself. Him tormenting his test subject? An act to teach the heroes anger and intentionally print himself as a villain so the heroes would hate him as much as possible and thus being able to fight him in their full potential. Him not going easy? Because if they couldn't even beat him, they probably wouldn't last for more than a minute in the Sixth Layer. He may even have chosen to turn Prushka into a cartridge on purpose because he knew that her wish to travel with Riko would make her a good candidate to become Riko's White Whistle. Even if he wasn't a good person, he would at least be a borderline Anti-Villain. Hence the reason why he would feel proud if someone could finally surpass him.

Nah he has long sheded his humanity and any real feelings. All he does is mimick what he thinks human emotions are in the hopes of manipulating others.
He just wants money and power for himself and uses the excuse of paving the way forward to acquire more for himself.
Anyone unfortunate enough to meet him on his layer either end up and experiment or another praying hand.

I love my PAPA!

For all his atrocities, Bondrewd genuinely loves and cares for everyone who came into his sights. He's just completely different in the way he sees and expresses this love

Papa’s Rod!

I agree, although it is pretty fucked up. Anything for science in my opinion.

Feelings are pretty nice but do little for all the people he turned into zombies, mind-controlled, children turned to cartridges or who had their lives locked in eternal suffering as a blob in some hellhole.
And thats not counting all the people hes killed.

But he genuinely cares for them, how nice.

>We're glad you understand our motives, right Srajo-kun?
>...

he was trying to find ways to brute-force other delvers getting deeper into the abyss, while also selling relics on the black market for profit, while also chasing the first promising thread he found to extreme consequences due to his lost humanity.

>On an adventure would be nice... together on an adventure...
>Yes, together

>cut Mitty in half
>both half Mittys regenerate into full mittys
>torture both Mittys
>Double the Mitty suffering

Yes

SUBARASHI

My my my my my

His only aspiration are "how to prevent ascension strain" and "how to survive 2000 year prayer disaster", he did no enjoy watching suffer. He is working for what is good, but the method he use is fucking unthinkable.

He did regards to human life in his way, but he doing it for a reason. That is why he remember everyone name and personality he sacrificed for the advancement even there is no point to do that at all, but he did.

He’s not a villain, he's a scientist, look up how many animals we killed sending to space before landing on the moon

So how was Bondrewd able to get down to the 6th layer if he can't use his whistle?

While what he did was unethical, I genuinely think he only had the best intentions. He truly loved and was loved by the children he turned into cartridges, love is the only way to avoid the Abyss' curse and only receive the blessings.

My theory on Bondrewd is that he was pushed into his position by unfortunate circumstances. The monster he became was a byproduct of the situation. He wasn't born with immense strength and an insatiable thirst for knowledge. There isn't much to go on, but I reckon his original motives, while maybe selfish, were nonetheless noble at the same time.

He likely needed strength and sought after it in earnest. With that strength he found himself in a position where he learned the true nature of the Abyss and it's 2000 year cycle. An undying mission to save humanity, and himself, from disaster began. He needed even more power to unravel the secrets of the Abyss. Perhaps in actuality he once knew what needed to be done: go to the 6th+ layers of the abyss, accomplish X goal, and return intact. As time passed and he divided his consciousness even more he lost himself.
He needed more power. He needed to conduct more research. He needed to get to the sixth layer and come back in one piece. His search for power and knowledge to overcome this problem blinded him. The search for an answer - a method to overcome the curse in order to save everything from destruction - in conjunction with his consciousness splitting repeatedly drove him mad to the point that his obsession with this problem is all the lingers from his past self. In the end he forgot why he needed to go to the sixth layer and come back. All that remained was overcome this obstacle at all costs.
Desperation bred horror. Human test subjects, potentially entire towns, cities, states destroyed to accomplish this goal. The entire ecosystem of the Abyss rests on Bondrewd's shoulders. He has the technology to create and maintain a base on the fifth layer. If Bondrewd deemed it necessary he could theoretically bar all entry to the deeper levels; he clearly has the power to traverse them safely. Orth is at the mercy of Bondrewd whether they are aware of it or not. The only White Whistle not trapped by the curse currently is Ozen. It is entirely feasible that Ozen would deem it not worth risking a fight with Bondrewd so long as a very deep line isn't crossed.

Now here is the kicker: remember Ozen's "failing memory" that is mentioned many times? Ozen, once upon a time knew what Bondrewd was trying to accomplish. Maybe she remembers in some capacity, but here we are with Bondrewd conducting horrible experiments and Ozen doesn't seem too keen on stopping him. The stage is set by the author for Bondrewd to be a failed attempt by mankind to save itself from the Abyss's 2000 year cycle.
This may also explain why two more white whistles are down in the 6th+ layers of the Abyss. They may be assisting Bondrewd's mission to save the surface world and are relying on Bondrewd to find a way for them to return. Ozen may be stationed at Seeker camp to insure a means of backup on their return trip if needed. Or perhaps to evade dangers on the surface (she may know, or at least once knew, that she is the ONLY "operational" White Whistle currently).
So in the end Bondrewd and potentially all the other White Whistles are all in on an attempted rescue mission for humanity. Lyza was originally supposed to take Ozen's place as the protector of Orth while Ozen goes and helps the other three white whistles(probably because she was the most experienced) prevent the 2000 year cycle.

whoa_he's_just_like_me

Edgy

Bondrewd apologist here