To this day I still don't get what the fuck Goku was thinking. Why the FLYING FUCK did he give Cell a Senzu bean...

To this day I still don't get what the fuck Goku was thinking. Why the FLYING FUCK did he give Cell a Senzu bean? I'm not the only one who started hating Goku after this scene, am I?

>ITT: things women will never understand

arrogance

He hated Gohan for existing.

Then how come all the other Z fighters, all guys mind you, collectively got angry and questioned Goku's sanity when he did that?

they didnt know how strong gohan was.

Fpbp

It made no difference since Cell was perfectly (heh) fine either way.

He inadvertently proves cell is a giant pussy for eating the senzu bean instead of refusing it like a man.
He won the moral victory.

He overestimated Gohan's bloodlust. That, and had Cell gotten winded, he probably would've been less likely to take chances and allow Gohan to get mad.

He just loves fighting. Even if the dub tried to make him look deeper by changing most of the dialogues (like adding the whole hope of the universe speech) he has always been a simple guy who puts fighting over everything. Remember that he wanted Frieza to live just so he could fight him again even tho he had just killed Krillin and before that he let Vegeta leave just so he would be able to fight him again even tho Nappa just killed half his friends.

The dub may have been able to change the dialogues but it wasn't able to change the animations so this scene must have felt out of place for most americans who grew up with their made up localized Superman Goku.

for him, fighting is like sport

Basically Goku was thinking Gohan was just like him only much stronger when goku was gohans age.
Since gohan waw stronger than goku at this point, goku was blinded with pride in his son's power. Piccilo said it, gohan isnt like goku, piccilo figured this out when gohan was just 3 years old.
People like to say piccilo is a better dad, but i feel he is more like an older brother to gohan.
Brothers can be much harsher than dads but thats do to being closer to the sibling than a father is to his son.
Goku got to train with Gohan when he was a hardened fighter after the frieza saga, and since goku looks to his family as commrads rather than family, there is detachment.

This. Superman is a better character than Goku.

As an american, I did cringe at the hope of the universe seen.
I started DBZ before it was on toonami.
We got it on early morning next to sailor moon. There all we had was the ocean dub that only went to goku's arrival on namek.
Then it started all over again, it was maddening!
Even in dub form Goku changed a lot and that was due to acting styles of the many 3 different voice actors that took the place of the one before. Goku got stiffer and sounded havkish when funimation came along.
Ocean dub vegeta during the first 2 seasons was the best vegeta. He was evil and fucking angry.

This
Any character is a better character than goku

>not muh hero of justice

>To this day I still don't get what the fuck Goku was thinking. Why the FLYING FUCK did he give Cell a Senzu bean? I'm not the only one who started hating Goku after this scene, am I?
Because Goku is retarded and he cares more about fighting than anything else.

>be Goku
>just blew up the villain from the torso up
>only thing keeping the world from complete annihilation is the promising prospect of an even greater opponent than himself which he knows that Cell, being part him, would want more than anything.
>more importantly he thinks that Gohan wants this because he is his son. To have a worthy adversary and feel the thrill of the hunt.
>gives Cell the Sensu Bean so Gohan would have a challenge because that's the only way to unlock his SS2 form.

Did you not get the memo? Goku's only fluke was that he was never around for Gohan's training. That's why Piccolo had to give him a wake up call and Goku's first instinct was to try and undo his mistake and jump back in. He even tells Gohan not to feel bad for letting him die because he made the same mistake only minutes before in the Japanese version. Ok, so I made that part up, but it's probably true.

Because he knew that Cell should've won.

>Cell has Goku DNA inside him
Goku was aknowledging Cell as his child. Goku wanted to see which of his sons was stronger, so he can focus on training the stronger son to potentially battle in the near future.

Goku always fights fair when the villain does. It would be dishonorable to beat Cell using numbers and senzu, that’s why everyone calls Trunks a faggot for suggesting it.

He also could have killed Buu during their initial fight when he went SSJ3 but he decided not do because he thought it was the younger generation's problem.

>but i feel he is more like an older brother to gohan
It's funny because he's actually closer to Gohan's age than Goku's.

Because Goku is autistic, and as an autist he is unable to understand the possibility that not everyone has the immense lust for battle that he does. He honestly thought that Gohan would only be happy fighting Cell at his best.

Because he knew/believed that Gohan was stronger that full-powered Cell and wanted to prove it. He's an autist.

He believed he could've. Whether or not he would actually be able to do it is a different thing.
He was unable to kill a weaker Kid Buu as SSJ3.

It wasn’t about the younger generation, it was about the people who were still alive. He didn’t want living people to rely on dead people to solve their problems.

If you did not realize Goku is stupidity incarnate two chapters into the original manga, then you should read it again.

He probably didn't realize Cell could get a Zenkai Boost. Gohan could've defeated Cell easily before Goku gave him two free power-ups.

man, must've sucked for you guys up north to experience anime thats so drastically different from the source material
maybe thats why all your opinions suck so much ass is because you dont even know what proper anime is like

None of the Dragon Ball anime is close to the source material

Kai attempts to do just that.