Chirst, such a boring read!

Chirst, such a boring read!

ya it's awful. i quit after the 2nd volume.

>Chirst, such a boring thread!

Fixed.

shit taste: the thread

It is honestly hard to explain to someone who hasn't read it how much the ending just sort of peters out.

agree. maybe the anime is better, but the manga is less than mediocre.

Are you 40-50?

A contrarian child then.

Name 50 better manga.

The first few volumes arent an accurate representation of the rest of the story. It doesn't really get going til Yusuke is revived

I actually liked the random ghost stuff more then the rest of the series.

I've always found Togashi's writing incredibly bland. Everything that made YYH great was added by the people who worked on the anime. The animation, the music and direction went a long way to creating the atmosphere of the series. That's not even mentioning all the tweaks to the dialogue and even themes of the series in dub that added a ton of character. It's a real stone soup kind of situation.

I liked the ending though. It ended with him having room to grow

>read shit for 10 year old boys
>"hurr why doesn't this activate my almonds?!"

Kurama is cooler than Kurapika
Kuwabara is all around better than Leorio
No doubt Yusuke would make a better protagonist than Gon.
Killua is the only one better than his predecessor Hiei

>Chirst, such a boring read!
That's not the HxH succession arc.

dumb wojakposter

The ending for the series is the worst thing about it, easily. Togashi just gave up, which I find to be absurd, because if you weren't going to bother completing your final arc then why do it to begin with? Should've ended with Chapter Black, just add more conclusive stuff regarding Yusuke's demon heritage into it so we don't have to go into the other arc to find out about it.

The rest of it is great though. I definitely like it more than Hunter x Hunter, since I can actually see the characters do shit and they don't just sit around talking most of the time. Togashi kind of fellated Hiei after he became popular to give the readers fanservice, but the other three characters are great and they form a really great core cast of characters.

>because if you weren't going to bother completing your final arc then why do it to begin with?
Editors. Read about it.

Gimme a B

My favorite when starting the series was Leorio right off the bat, but then Togashi did me dirty and chucked him by the wayside for most of the series to focus on the two children, who are easily the least interesting of the initial group of four. He could've been as awesome as Kuwabara but Togashi never gave him the spotlight he deserved.

shit taste nonce.

>but Togashi never gave him the spotlight he deserved.

Huh, just like Kuwabara

It felt like a typical late 80s-early 90s movie ending

Kuwabara was sidelined in the final arc, yeah, but in the other three he gets a big fight where you can see him struggle and manage to keep up with all the supernatural freaks and weirdos despite being a regular guy. I think Togashi wrote him as an underdog character very well.

Problem is HxHs side characters, ability system and overall world is far more interesting and focused than YYHs. Also bar Kuwabara it doesn't feel like any of the character actually develop in YYH, Yusuke turning out to be a demon was bullshit but atleast he changed a bit

>when you realize it's just a delinquent manga with a exorcist paint-over

If it's made by Togashi the anime is always better.

except 2011 hxh.

>nostalgiadrone