Steins;Gate

I’m on episode 10. Does it get any better?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=V_RgOfaPPD4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Honestly, no, it's like the Rick & Morty of anime.

Yes. It's slow at the beginning, but shit starts to get intense around episode 12 or so.

The duality of man

Yes. I was lukewarm on it until the second half. By the time I finished the series, it was one of my top 10.

He eventually mans up and starts taking himself seriously

You are at the cusp of when it starts getting interesting. Keep watching

I don't understand why people like this anime so much. The story is alright, but the characters, with the exception of Mayushii, are so dull.

ROBOTS coming through.

Go play the VN as well.
It's better.

Compare

I played the VN immediately after watching the anime. They're both excellent.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Hououin Kyouma

Kurisu's lecture is barely there in the anime, its much longer and detailed in the VN.

As someone who struggled through the random side episodes about the 1 D-Mail sent back by each character I'll say that yes, it does get better. Then it gets worse, then it ends moderately okay.

The series is a whole bunch of ups and down honestly.

If you didn’t think it was good right from the start then maybe you should watch something better suited to your...abilities. Perhaps Naruto or Black Clover would be up your alley.

Second half minus the final episode was pretty good, but it doesn't excuse the fact that the rest of the series was subpar.

Nah, the episodes regarding reversing the prior D-Mails sent were still terrible.

The ones that were good were when SERN was on their tails and he kept trying to save Mayu. Getting to see the story of John Titor was also pretty good.

But yeah, fuck that "what if I was a boy", "what if daddy didn't die" bullshit that was just unbearable to get through.

>tfw low iq

So should I play Steins;Gate and Chaos;Head bofore Chaos;Child? I just got the game on a whim, but now I'm wondering.

I want to tuturuuu the best girl.

>plebs who can't appreciate the SoL in the first half

It's not necessary, but recommended

I mean the only one I don't currently have in some form is Chaos;Head.

It gets better around the end

Could anyone on Sup Forums hope to match Kyouma's titanic intellect?

no

>that whiteboard
I wonder if they used the "scientist posing in front of equations" cliche with a sense of self-awareness or not.

Then why did you post a boy?

Am i the only one who enjoyed the first half of S;G? It has nice slice of life moments, sometimes humor, maybe plot progression is kind of slow, but overall it's okay. Seriously, what's so wrong with it?

No you aren't. Anons are just incapable of enjoying a slow build up and don't understand how all that time was necessary to make us feel attached to the cast so that we would be engaged by the second half.

But there was no getting attached to the cast outside of Okarin, Mayu, Kurisu, and Suzuha.

And fuck, they managed an attachment to Suzuha with barely any fucking slice of segment in the first half.

Amazing what happens when there's actually a good story for a character that involves them in the actual overarching plot and not just a fucking random pointless sidestory.

Most people loved the whole thing. It's really just sub-70 IQ shonen watchers that didn't.

It was enjoyable if somewhat unremarkable. Though, I would argue it's elevated to greatness when rewatched with the knowledge of how worldlines/d-mails work and what all the characters are about.

Not sure. Don't know if it's official art either. I just saved it because I needed a smug Christina

pic related to both
Nothing is wrong with it, some people mistakenly think plot must be delivered at all times without build up are just plain stupid

>And fuck, they managed an attachment to Suzuha with barely any fucking slice of segment in the first half.
Because she is the only one who got the bad endings no matter what Okabe does

I sexually identify as Daru.

It's also roughly accurate as of 2010. CERN has since confirmed the existence of exotic matter, however.

It's definitely official art. I don't know where it came from though.

I love the whole show, but the first half has a unique charm that I just wanted more of.

But hes a guy

;Child stands alone well enough. You just won't get all the references it makes until they get around to smearing them in your face w/ a butter knife.

The second half made me want more episodes of everyone having good times together. I actually really enjoyed the IBM shorts for this reason.

Rukako = Mayuri > Kurisu > Suzu > Power gap >Moeka >Shit > Faris

I enjoyed the pre serious business part of the S;G VN because it taught me things I didn't know about otaku culture and science trivia. The anime lacked most of that.

Linear Bounded Phenograph has an English patch now, you know.

tuturu~

They sure fucked up Okabe's face.

Does chaos;head even work on windows 10? I'm just getting a black screen with audio when I go to play it.

They fucked the aesthetic in general.

I've never gotten around to reading it. I'll check it out.

Don't be like that

The only reason I liked it was because I always enjoyed time travel theories. Characters/story were ok

Anyone? Is it just not compatible with CCCP?

On one hand, it is pretty hard to faithfully translate huke in motion. It does look really flat even taking that into account and that's not mentioning choices that are outside of that realm like how blazing red Kurisu's hair is.

Are you running in a Japanese locale?

God yes. Keep going. It's not going to feel like the same show in a few episodes, I promise you.

And get some tissues ready

Yeah or rather I'm running it in Locale emulator. It almost seems like a Codec error, but I can't figure out why my codecs wouldn't work with it.

Play the VN instead.

I'm not the only person who cried right here, right?

Primer was better

Shit taste right here. Why are you guys a bunch of plebs? Steins; Gates is GREAT.

>Rick and Morty of anime
That would be Pop Team Epic

Gets me a bit, especially when Fake Verthandi starts playing. Pic related fucks me up real good, though.

>"Hey Okabe, you were crying back there. We thought you had a bad dream. Even Daru was worried about you"

Pls no, my heart can't take it tonight

So wait, 0 is the story of the Future Okabe that messages him near the end. That actually sounds pretty interesting.

Spoiler that shit dude.

Oh shit, sorry.

I love y-

Steins Gate was sewage, never gets better, its the crap show with garbage character that everybody likes because they self insert into the main character with his ECCENTRIC personalty el psy congroo lol

not enough cute anime girls

0 following the Okabe that failed isn't a spoiler user. It's a really basic part of 0's premise.

>"I want to help you."

I've said it before but I'll say it again: That scene where he deletes the first Dmail, and then Kurisu confesses to him, is one of the most painful scenes in the show. The way the music swells right in that moment, how the Divergence Meter painfully ticks over 1% (even though you start to not want it to), how he wakes up staring into the camera like the fist episode, but instead he's hurt and confused, like someone has just woken him up from a horrible nightmare.

And then his "victory speech" where he's barely keeping it together is just so heart wrenching

No joke, I watched this with a group of like four friends and convinced them that was the last episode. Understandably, they were pissed off when Daru got the phone call after the credits, but the ending made up for it

Yes it is. Or at least the way that user phrased it.

>"No matter where you are, you're never alone. I'm always on your side"

I just watched 23b for the first time since 0 is so close. Holy shit, this is just straight up emotional abuse.

He just collapses in sobs on the rooftop

We S A D S C I E N T I S T now bois

True to be honest.

You fucked up, should have let them watch the episode 23 beta after that credit call instead

Mayuri and Okabe are both so great in that scene. I hope the voice acting/direction is as good for 0 because holy shit.

no its shit like every other story with "time travel" where they fix everything with time travel magic
actually its worse
they come up with this totally convoluted albeit unique set up for it time travel mechanics and then throw it all away to fix everything with your standard time travel magic garbage

You just finished episode 9 and you need more convincing? The hell is wrong with you?
youtube.com/watch?v=V_RgOfaPPD4

Don't believe their lies.

This user is right, watch out for the year 2036

What gets me the most in that scene is when Mayuri, the sweetest, kindest, most non-confrontational character in the entire show, steps and stops Suzuha from hitting Okabe. And even then she can't bring herself to yell at Suzuha for forcing Okabe to go back again.

Also Suzuha's face in that scene is good too, because after Okabe kind of collapses in tears, you can see the shame and regret played out on her expression, both for what she was doing and for what she knows is going to happen

I can't wait for 0. I am ready to be hurt again.

Wait for 0 adaption turn out to be shit, it's almost a guaranteed at this point
Oh wait, you are ready to be hurt again so it's not a bad thing I guess

Stein's Gate reference? A-1 confirmed for bro

I actually just bought the VN for the PS3 today. I really enjoy the fact that you can choose a response for the email.

There's an actual reason to watch out for 2038. No one seems to realize how much the world still relies on 32bit machines.

>A-1 confirmed for bro
>ruining a good piece of work
No they are not

I want Promised Rinascimento to destroy me.

>Because she is the only one who got the bad endings no matter what Okabe does
>Not undoing the Dmail, she commits suicide in despair
>undoing the Dmail, she slowly turns into gelSuzu
>Reaching S;G, Attractor Field outright deletes her existence
It hurts

it's a meme you dip

Reminder that S;G0 will only get 13 episodes.

Have this instead

NO BAD user

>Shit source material
>Expecting a good adaptation

0 was terrible compared to the original.

STOP

Suzu 2.0

DESIST

You think Mayushii is the least dull character?

But I refuse