Strike Witches

What are you expecting from big anniversary this year?

New season? Movie? OVA?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bYRYQ-xlj4M
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

More shitty brave witches probably

Storm Witches anime. Nice to see you appreciate Trude as best 501.

>What are you expecting from big anniversary this year?
Same as every year. Disappoinment.

More Brave Witches.

It's nice the love is alive and well. It probably will be Brave Witches S2 though. I wouldn't mind a movie of the Fuso Sea Incident manga.

So far SW was getting anime every two years ever since series started. So there will be something this year.

Cute Heidi SOL spinoff.

This is probably the most likely.

Pachinko

It's weird World Witches isn't as popular as franchises like Girls und Panzer or Kancolle. The original Strike Witches was really ahead of its time, wasn't it? I think the amount of fan service put people off but at least Brave Witches did some interesting things with the setting to make up for lack of lewd.

Kancolle was a weird phenomenon and it's anime wasn't a success at all. GuP was more like very well done SoL with some silly tank sport action. This is very different from a war with aliens.

I wonder how Humikane's next series will do.

SW is dead.
GuP replaced it.

This, every thread should be deleted.

I would like a new anime series but I'm expecting something totally lame. If we do get a new anime I'm torn between if I want a second Brave Witches or a different squad.

>Alice Gear anime.
I would watch this.
For Ayaka.

My wife Trude is very cute!

Rall, Nipa and Kanno are my three favourite Brave Witches but I'd like a Storm Witches anime if it focused on a different squad.

>two manga series ongoing
>games still coming out
>anniversary project announced

Kill yourself.

It's pretty much SW but in the future. Could absolutely work. They only need to make MC a yuri dork like Ao. Or ignore that commander exists.

Definitely not enough yuri between them in anime.

I just want more Hartmann lewds

Then hope for a movie because I really doubt 501 will get more series.

She supposedly appears in Noble Witches though.

Superior Strike Witch coming through.

>edgy isekai crap

Even Aoi couldn't save this shit.

They really have nice asses. This could be SW successor.

Brave Witches with proper writing

The thing it lacked the most was fanservice. This franchise was always more about the girls than action.

I feel like Brave Witches 2 wouldn't bring in much new love for the franchise, but I could see people not wanting yet another noobie-joins-a-squad story, so I don't expect Typhoon Witches or anything either. At most maybe Silent Witches (as an adaptation of suomus misfit LN) since that's a kinda different story, and as the first JFW would be a fitting anniversary project I guess. There's also the Noble Witches LN, but I have no idea what that's about.
Anyway I would enjoy a Witch story that isn't about a fighter wing.

They fucked up BW S1 while their short stories or manga are good. They deserve S2.

502nd JFW Takeoff translations when?

Well, prequel is already getting translated.

I don't know, but it had better involve Trude in a Dirndl, or I'll fucking be mildly unhappy.

The Karabuchis were a mistake. If they really had to fulfill a glorious thousand times folded Fuso Witch MC quota, literally Hugbunny or Nao could've easily filled that spot.

This so much. But they also fucked up with lowering fanservice and using horrible CGI.

Pachinko

But then they couldn't have copy-pasted the plot from SW.

why didnt most of the witches wear pants
i can understand why they wouldnt in the air because pants impair mobility etc
but seriously, most of them are walking in their panties while on base and out and about in every-day life as well
what the shit
also, did they only have one pair of pantsu? im thinking about the episode where erica steals franscescas panties and franscesca steals perinnes and gets chased around
how can this be justified

Have you even seen the show? Those are pants.

but you have sanya, eila and perinne who ear pants or tights, and lynette who wears high socks or something if i remember right
i dont see why they would wear pants but the others wouldnt
is cloth so scarce in the witches universe?

Motherfucker, you either didn't watch or didn't pay attention.

Strikers require either direct skin or skintight contact to function.

user you're speaking literal nonsense.
You posted a picture of pants while asking why they don't wear pants.
Eila/Sanya/Perrine all wear pantyhose over their pants.

What instantly nuked BW for me was that it was already a "noobie joins a squad story", but they just...made ANOTHER noobie, and one evoking feelings similar to Yoshika no less (though they're different, sure).

Like they didn't have confidence just going with what they already had, so they made an OC donut steal. It's insanity. I didn't finish BW, I couldn't even get far into it. Largely because of that, but partly cause it was also dull, although the idea of that squad is that it's action-focused

The TV version of BW was such a CG mess. Did anyone sub the BD version?

Hikari was a mistake.

Non witch civilian women also dress like that.

Te real answer is their culture is different. SW world has no Catholicism. Most Europe still worship Roman gods.

>Non witch civilian women also dress like that.
That doesn't refute what I said. The other girls and women in the SW verse don't wear pants out of reverence for witches.

you're the one not paying attention
im not talking about when they are using the striker units

Yes

They may have to sortie at any moment, did that not come to mind for you despite "suddenly there's a neuroi" happening several times in the show?

And because there is no Christian no skin crap in that world. Islam don't exist either.

Where are you pulling that from?

Also you realize that "people should wear pants" is a concept that has existed all around the world with or without Christianity or Islam, right?

They were doing it a 1000 years before striker unit was developed.

SW world has different culture because little girls with magic powers were a thing since always.

but that doesnt excuse the fact that, for example, yoshika didnt wear pants way before she became a witch
also, literally every male character in the series wore pants
why wouldnt girls wear them?

MORE SPAGET

Go read SW official timeline. Neuroi ravaged Middle East long ago.

I don't actually know what that image is supposed to represent but the fact remains that the reasons have always been as I've stated, and that image depicts Neuroi, which only showed up recently.

this is now a spagetti meatball thread you can get the fuck out now

Mechanical Neuroi appeared recently. Monsters were appearing since always.

well then in that case it seems more like weird retcons than anything else

Why give two completely different explanations for the same thing?

I can't believe the day has come where I actually need to spell out the pants joke.
In universe those are pants, they call them 'zubon', not 'pantsu'. They literally say "These aren't panties so it's not embarrassing" in the show.

why are you quoting me

Bear is the lewdest

Because you said they don't wear pants, when they in fact do.

oh and by the way
>They literally say "These aren't panties so it's not embarrassing" in the show.
I'm actually pretty sure they don't, not in the show. First they have no reason to, second that was a meme if I remember right. I'm not going to say the phrase isn't officially associated with the franchise, but I will say I don't remember that line ever being said even once.

You know exactly what I meant, don't be a dip

It's not a retcon. It was always like this. Witches were running around half naked because they had magic protecting them. Patriarchal religions never dominated SW world meaning no strict dress code for women.

The fact little girls with magic could murder armies of men also affected social norms.

protect
the
S
P
A
G
H
E
T

I love all witches but God do I want to fuck her the most.

now i feel even more retarded, thanks
i didnt realize that zubon wasnt another word for panties, like underwear can be in english

>it's not a retcon
>posting screens from the movie
Well that's not helping your position.

And fucking jesus get your political shit out of here. Again: the concept of "wearing clothes" was not dictated by religions, it was dictated by humans deciding that clothing was practical. This is why you see skirts, robes, and indeed pants outside of places that had Christian influence. Like damn, stop being a fucking weirdo about it. You can just say that they didn't wear them because magic bullshit, but you have to bash on religion like a 15 year old who just realized atheism was possible. I may have no beliefs myself, but I don't use stupid fanservice shows to voice my views and bitterness about Victorian principals

youtube.com/watch?v=bYRYQ-xlj4M

I fucking know, that's what I was referring to by "meme".

Imagine hugging Nipa as tight as you can as you spill every last drop of your semen deep inside her womb.

I like Perrine

It was in S1 too.

user they aren't pantsu, so it's not embarrassing!

smelly frenchwoman

Well, show me. I honestly don't remember anything like that so I'm not about to search for you.

Men used to wear short skirts. Don't act like religion has no influence on this shit.

That has absolutely no relevance to the conversation. Like, 0. We're talking about Strike Witches.

>Imagine hugging Nipa as tight as you can
Please stop here next time.

lazy SPAGHET

Cute.

>The first known contact between humans and Neuroi occurred when ancient Egypt was at the height of its glory. It is unknown what preceded this, but humans were able to seal a nest of Neuroi beneath a city. They struck the name of the city from history, as even knowing of the seal would cause it to break. When these Neuroi were inadvertently released during the Second Neuroi War, their models were revealed to be identical to the models of Neuroi already fighting in the area. The reason for this fact is unknown, but it possibly implies that the Neuroi didn't develop technologically until the Second Neuroi War forced them to do so.

You know you can go to the wiki right?

But it does. It was the norm in Europe for men to wear mini skirts then it stopped being the norm because religion.

So fucking what? We're talking about a show where the protagonists are Japanese. Guess what, they didn't wear short skirts in Japan and, furthermore, they didn't have exposure to the West until relatively recently.

She is lewd enough.

Source from season 1? Hello? Did you get what I said?

Yes, there's the wiki. Now, where's the source? What episode was this info made clear in? What databook? What anything? I was asking you, you said it was in S1, now prove it. Otherwise I'll just keep thinking it was retconned. S1 opens by just saying the Neuroi are invaders, nothing about any of this.

So... prove it's not a retcon for me.

Entire world was exposed to witches and their magic ways after magic steam engine was developed. Seriously you know shit about the setting just stop.

Smart!