Show called Overlord

>show called Overlord
>the Overlord barely gets 10 minutes of screen time in the entire season
Who the fuck thought this was a good idea? Was everyone drunk when they approved this shit?

Other urls found in this thread:

royalroadl.com/fiction/8894/everybody-loves-large-chests/chapter/195242/life-luck-and-lemonade-blood-money
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_Dues
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Northern_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sound
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_Across_the_Belts
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

that's just how the LNs were written

It's to make you read those pamphlets japs call young adult novels.

>>>>>WORLD BUILDING

its the best and worst part of the novel. You get a fair amount of story with characters you like, and then have to speed read a whole bunch of shit with the others.

The author seems convinced that "world building" equates to "let's give focus to these worthless characters no one cares about", so you'll have to bear with that.

The author thought it was a good idea since he's making bank.

Wolrd building is good if handled properly. Ovelord fucks it up because the nations are either mentioned briefly (hurr durr they hate non humans), or at the brink of getting destroyed (dwarfs, holy kingdom), then when Ainz comes in it's just:
>"aaa skeletons will kill us!"
>"Huh? they don't kill us!"
>ainz saves another country and everone starts sucking his boner
The best part of Overlord is how other characters view Nazarick, Jircniv and Fluder(?) are handled well because their common sense gets completely destroyed by Ainz's autism, on the other hand why is there an ENTIRE FUCKING VOLUME about literal nobodies and their village, they aren't even talking about the Nazarick that much it's literally boring SOL shit.

Well, its either that or OP blankslate self insert taking the spotlight. Which would you prefer?

Considering Ainz's autism is the only interesting part of Overlord...

tfw this series could have been so different if Ainz was replaced by another SB
>Touch-me generic isekai
>Ulbert rp as satan
>Peroroncino VN or h-game or both depending on his personality

>nations are either mentioned briefly
>5 Volumes Exploring the Kingdom
>3 Volumes Exploring the Empire
>.5 Vol for Dorfs
>2 Vol for Holy Kingdom

Ill admit that the Dragon Kingdom and Dorf Kingdom got glossed over, but there has to be a balance between advancing the plot, worldbuilding and character development.

Its shitty writing like everything else those slit eyed fucking non humans shit out

I like Momonga a lot though
Grizzled old-timer guild master is something I can relate to much more than fags like Kirito or whatever smartphone jesus was supposed to be

Any character with an actual personality would be better than Ainz.

When will Shizu-chan get a chance to shine? It's unfair that she's been ignored, even Yuri at least had the orphanage. Hell at this point some of the regular maids have had more appearance time than her

why do shows have "adapt" and "deal with conflicts" as their important objective but Overlord gets "no"? Could this list perhaps be biased?

if they dont cut the final fight, she will be part of the Jolly Cooperation scene.

I'm not saying Momonga is bad, since besides the luck thing, he is probably the only few AOG members capable of actually conquering NW (besides Ulbert, Touch-me and that other guy who plays strategy games)

based on the new overlord episode

Because its bait.

>muh western writing
Kill youself.

It’s like reading Tolkien, but far worse.

>mc overpowered yes

>ITT brainlets don't understand what world building is
Why does this show attract so many of them? it's unbelievable.

yeah you;re right I had to put no to yes because they won;t stop bugging me

>literal nobodies and their village
It was comfy

An overlord is supposed to sit back and oversee things, anyway. What kind of overlord does grunt work?

>balance between advancing the plot, worldbuilding and character development
I'm literally saying it's bad. You can make the character go to the shop so the author can chip in some comments explaining the current state of the country or some shit. In Overlord, world building is done very poorly, once they get to some interesting parts like the whole underground organization in the kingdom, Ainz comes in and obliterates them. Just compare the introduction of the Kingdom to this:
royalroadl.com/fiction/8894/everybody-loves-large-chests/chapter/195242/life-luck-and-lemonade-blood-money
or literally any western book.

>comfy
Is this a newfag word for shit?

>show is called "JoJo Bizarre adventure"
>its just "what if gachimuchi were anime?"
every time

>calling shit writing of Overlord "world building"
user, I...

this is atually a good thing, rather than being another mary sue isekai, at least overlord is a mary sue isekai with genuinely interesting universe

>lizardmen are prominent because it's written by lizardmen
At last I truly see

Lord of the Rings is named after Sauron and he never actually appears in person over the three books.

>the author can chip in some comments explaining the current state of the country or some shit.
This happens 6 times across the 12 novels, are you a speedreader or just baiting?

Sauron isn't the protagonist
Ainz is

>characters die permanently
>SAO

Lord of the Rings is a vague enough term where the reader can call anyone the LOTR. It's more of a question. Perhaps Frodo will say fuck it and become the LOTR. Maybe Legolas will change his mind on helping non-elves.

>OVER 6 times ACROSS 12 novels
wew lad

so you want Overlord to be about Ainz going to shop items and only hearing about tidbits of how life in the kingdom works?

Unh...

No.

But you are free to think whatever you want, Just don't state it as fact

Clearly not in season 2. Plus OP was bitching about the show being called Overlord.

"There is only one Lord of the Ring, only one who can bend it to his will. And he does not share power."

so not (you)

>You can make the character go to the shop so the author can chip in some comments explaining the current state of the country
I hope you never plan on writing anything because it sounds like it would be terribly dull.

What? When did I say that Ainz has to go the shops? It could be just Climb, Sebas or any other faggot walking around the city and overhear people talking

Nice job absolutely missing my point, you can literally make some fag go to a bar, ilustrate the place as rundown and explain why.

>go to the shop so the author can chip in some comments explaining the current state of the country or some shit.
First of all, I quoted the exact part I had an issue with, youre the one that sperged out, and now youre moving the goalposts.

When I said, it happens 6 times, I meant that specifically Ainz goes to shops and comments on the city.

Youre new complaint is also idiotic, since there is tons of world exploration from various POVs from more than a dozen characters., and that makes up about 3/5ths of the entire series.

Please use better bait

no tanaka?

Touch me would be so much better

>Be winner in previous life, reincarnate as all powerful white knight
>See so much wrong in the world
>See so much wrong in Nazarick
>See so much suffering
>Seigi no mikata cant stand it and tries to fix internally and externally by swinging the sword and mediocre politics
>It works for a while but everything starts to collapse
>World isnt that simple and one lacks Momongas buffs
>Try to fix it by swinging your sword even more
>Watch it all falling apart even harder
>Despair as you distance yourself from your people and subjects
>Die like Seigi no mikata dies

Rip off Saber route

>Op dont like the yandere princess arc

it isn't that great compared to lizardman arc

What is even world building and character development in this picture?

>the exact part I had an issue with, youre the one that sperged out, and now youre moving the goalposts
I used that as an example, sherlock.
>tons of world exploration from various POVs
Oh, you mean this?
>"I'm a strong monster"
>some sceleton comes
>"WAAAH IMPOSSIBLE!!! HOW ARE YOU SO STRONG?!!"
>monster dies

Would it devolve into Touch Me Spanking the kids for misbehaving?
Would Touch Me change Albedos settings?
Its a bait image

I think I found a glimmer of self-awareness in his post.

> ITT brainlets
> Why does this show attract so many of them? it's unbelievable.

Gee user I wonder.

It doesn't fuck it up you can do that sort of slow paced adventures as long as the stories are interesting.
But Overlord builds and builds and builds but to what we have no clue.
How many volumes has Overlord been fucking around now and the plot still doesn't have a clear direction ? You can't just build to nothing.

Has someone made a webm of Sebas slapping the shit out of that fay guy yet?

>How many volumes has Overlord been fucking around now and the plot still doesn't have a clear direction ? You can't just build to nothing.
Try reading Volume 1 if you don't remember what the goal is.

>maxresdefault
fuck off

Doing big shit in the vane hope someone notices sempai ? Don't fuck with me user.

>this goal doesn't count because I don't like it

>Herp
Your example sucks, because it actually happens several times.
>Derp
I mean this

The capital of the Baharuth Empire, Arwintar, was located slightly to the west from the
center of the empire. The Imperial Palace, home to the reigning monarch with the nickname
Blood Emperor — Jircniv Rune Farlord el Nix — stood in the heart of the city. Surrounding
the palace were the universities, the magic academy, various administrative offices and other
important facilities which spread out from the center of the capital in a radial fashion. Truly,
it was a city worthy to be called the heart of the Empire.
Although it had less inhabitants than Re-Estize, the capital of the Kingdom, the
Empire's capital was much grander in comparison. Not only this — due to many years of
reform — the Empire was currently experiencing the largest surge of development ever
recorded in history. New things were constantly being introduced to society, which increased
the opportunities for merchants to explore new markets. A constant influx of goods and
talents had since been seen in the Empire's capital. For the citizens living in the capital, it was
truly a time of hope and opportunity.

There are several chapters like this in every single vol, hell people are pissed off cause Lizards took half a volume explaining how the lizards live.

>b-but taking over the world is SOOO interesting
Yeah, it would be if there were any resistance

>WHERE
>IS
>THE
>IMPERIALISTIC
>WORLD
>CONQUEST

A goal that is so vague and barely mentioned is as good as not being there at all.
At this point Overlord's plot is aimlenglessly screwing around like a headless chicken.

Can you explain what you wish would happen?

There is.
The entire point of overlord in that regard Is that ainz's overpowered abilities are only useful in combat. They won't save his reputation or help him manage money.
Overlord is about politics, not combat.

His original goal was to just become famous and spread his name to every corner of the planet in the hopes that some other players might recognize him. His guardians misinterpreted this as taking over the World. His objectives got updated around Volume 9 to creating a peaceful nation that would reflect the original ideals of his Guild so that his past guildmates would be proud of him.

These are clearly defined goals. You can quibble all you want about how you dislike them but it doesn't change the fact they exist and that Ainz has done a good job at moving towards said goals.

The Empire is probably one the most detailed nations in the story so far, it's also a great introduction to Jircniv, I'll give you that.
I myself liked the lizard arc (tho it was a bit long), but is there really a reason to describe someones hopes and struggles if Ainz is going to steamroll them after all? It would be better if there were ANY tension, because so far you just know Nazarick will win no matter what happens.

Oh my bad, but do you really think that or are you just shitposting ?

The novels starting freefalling after what they covered in S1, be grateful they skipped over like 90% of what's in them, otherwise we'd have years of lizardmen and Climb.

>you have a different opinion, that means you are shitposting
Seriously?

>but is there really a reason to describe someones hopes and struggles if Ainz is going to steamroll
I find it better to know the characters, than just them being faceless mooks, and not everyone needs to be steamroll, there are series that do that already and they are pretty boring.

no I agree that people have different opinions but I just wanted to know if you were shitposting

What was/is Renner prepared to GIVE to get what she wants?

What is Lupus good for?

He's already the last two parts, it's just that he's doing it with methods that actually works

nothing

are we 3 Tanakafags now? are we all the 3 Yuriposters as well?

Sexual torture.

sauce

I don't like how France is just gone.

That pic made me kek audibly.

This pic is unironically bad

how are the authors supposed to write story without the basic concept then?

Was Denmark ever a strategic chokepoint?

I wish I knew...

Was he supposed to be the weakest of the Six Arms? He was having trouble with Climb, who supposedly has "no talent"

probably

Is the joke that it's just the EU turned sideways?

Whoever controls Denmark controls the naval chokepoint for the Baltic Sea unless Russia and the boys pull some shit.

>Was he supposed to be the weakest of the Six Arms?
Yes, but he is also Best Meido

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sound_Dues
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Northern_War
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_the_Sound
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/March_Across_the_Belts

he says he's weaker than climb in that scene

Ask the Swedes.

>the EU