Why he still want to see his father? He never wanted to see him and he left him alone with his aunt. If I were Gon...

Why he still want to see his father? He never wanted to see him and he left him alone with his aunt. If I were Gon, I would never want to see him although he was one of the best hunters in the world.

Otherwise, why he don't want to see his mother? She abandoned him too.

Did you finish the series? It gets explained

It's explained in the first chapter

I only finished the 2011 anime. I know that in the end Ging spent time with Gon, but I don't remember if it was explained.

I know that he wanted to see Ging because he looked at him as a very interesting person, but why he didn't have any hate towards him?

It was like "My dad went on an adventure and never wanted to see me, but everyone say that he is cool so I will find him." and that doesn't make sense.

Gon isn't a hateful person, he's motivated by curiosity and wanted to see what was so great about being a Hunter.

He didn’t want to meet his mother because he already considers mito-san to be that person, Gon didn’t have a father figure to fill his place.

>I guess I'm a shit at being son as well hehehe
>dead Mito's eyes

>If I were Gon, I would never want to see him
That's because you are still a kid.

It's a good manga.

The anime fails to mention it, but in the manga Mito legally took custody of him from Ging, Ging didn't just abandon him. This makes things like the message left for him, Greed Island, and other things Ging did make a lot more sense.

Does he even still consider him his father? Didn't he start calling him by his first name?

For niggers'n'nips deadbeat is best beat

Gon is a notorious psychopath, nothing he does makes sense. I tried to talk to the fans about it but they just say subversion and leave it at that.

>I realized after I saw him that my goal had been to find him, I didn't want to see him
>maybe I wasn't cut out to be a son
>like father like son I guess
I'd say this makes no fucking sense but Gon is a teen. But then why the fuck don't the two adults in the room step in and correct this?

This. Maybe not a psychopath but Gon is kinda fucked in the head

this is what happens when you're raised by a single mother and your father abandons you, host of mental issues

I love this post because it shows how much damage Madhouse did to the series by cutting Kite off of the first episode, kek.

He's not a psychopath and it makes sense if you actually read it.

>Why he still want to see his father?
Because he does. Don't you understand? Instead of missing his father, wondering why he left him, being hurt or effected in any way by his absence, instead he just wants to find him to find him. The only reason is because he wants to, subversion dude!

Same reason he wants to become a hunter. Prove to his dad what kind of person he is? Look up and want to walk in his father's footsteps? Use the licence to help others he cares about? Nope, he wants to do it cause that's the same age his father did it. Subversion man! The lack of reason within the subversion is another subversion in and of itself!

I view Gon as running on a Luffy logic of sorts. Luffy doesn't have an explicit sense of morality, and the reason he'll give for supporting a cause is to help someone he likes. Regardless, Luffy is always on the right side of the conflict. Gon runs on a similar mentality, except perhaps he has an even purer sense of curiosity and there's little to no narrative convenience stopping him from siding with crummy people. So he's almost Luffy but played straight, even from the start as he befriends an assassin.

I mean you could always explain why and join the discussion instead of saying, "No you're wrong!" and leaving it at that

Try reading the thread.

He's like Luffy without the morals. He doesn't do what's right and unfortunately there's nothing else in it's place. The only thing that motivates him is to help his friends. He's a really shallow character, even naruto has more building and motivating his character than that

>even naruto has more building and motivating his character than that

i was with you until this. kys narutard

good post, high iq, upvoted

There are many examples in the manga that show Gon care about people, both strangers and comrades, as early as chapter 2.

Naruto wants to be ninja president. In order to prove himself to his village. Because he lived a life of solidarity and rejection. He is seeking fulfillment. The actions he takes, everything from training with Jiraiya to taking the chunin exams, is in place of this goal.

In comparison, what motivates Gon? To save his friends? To grow stronger to prove himself to Hisoka, a creepy psychopath he just met? It's not only paper thin but when there is actually substance it is out of place.

He said it was a joke goofo

>I was just kidding!
oh yeah, just a joke

If you think in basic terms like Gon has to strive to be something like greatest hunter or something like "I'll always protec muh frens" then sure when he doesn't do that it'll come off as jarring to folks like you.

So what you're saying is there's literally nothing to Gon's character

If you want to put it that way, sure. The banal, repetitive "I'll be the greatest ______" is all you need to have a decent MC nowadays.

Oh I agree completely and I appreciate Hunter going away from that but it's still bad that there's nothing in its place

What counts as something if all you need to define an MC is a basic as fuck end goal of being the strongest?

Dude, it's literally laid out in the first chapter.

So will Gon gets his powers back at some point?

yeah, at "some point"

yep, probably going to be yet another deus ex machina

Gon will become a scientist scholar and achieve great intellectual feats like his father. If he's ever important as a fighter again, it'll be as a gadget whiz kid or as someone heading the military. The Chimera Ant arc set the precedent for tech being useful, after all.

The whole point of the series is that you should enjoy the little detours to the fullest
We just follow Gon's adventure to find his father in this mystic ominous world

Gon wanted to see what was so great about being a hunter and living the hunter life, that it made Ging give up his only son. They were the same age when they set out.

He wasn't raised with malice, and I doubt his family talked shit about Ging aside from "He left you"

Had you been Gon, you would still be on Whale Island.

His family didn't shit talk Ging at all since since Mito told Gon his parents died instead. Gon wasn't aware his dad was still around and a hunter until Kite met him.