Just finished this...uh...what?

Just finished this...uh...what?

"masterpiece"
The word you're looking for is "masterpiece"

her kiss broke the spell like a reverse pronce

What's confusing about this?

Was it about a cursed Italian pilot seeking redemption or was it just a really good Ghibli film about planes?

what was his curse

Became a anthropomorphize pig. Never really said how or why though, or not that I saw, was working at the same time.

They forgot to add a scene where they made the love interest likable or interesting because she was kind of a boring stupid cunt in her 5 minutes of screentime.

But SHE was likable.

>Italian
Are you retarded? It's a movie about the Kosovo war.

>The plot revolves around an Italian World War I ex-fighter ace, now living as a freelance bounty hunter chasing "air pirates" in the Adriatic Sea.

Fuck off troll.

>troll
Is this the state of Sup Forums in 2018?

>Name means "Pig Red" in Italian
>Has the Italian flag on plane
>Italy is referenced many times by name

are you dense?

>love interest
The MC didn't love that girl, though.

Hello, newfriends.

Never understood why the engines were center mounted like that.

Maybe he is, maybe he's trolling, impossible to be certain which; Poe's Law's a bitch.

why didn't he smash that 15-year old pussy?
she was really into him.

Because he was something that is hard to find now-a-days. A gentleman.

it's a world war 1 sea plane

you can't mount the engine in the front of the fuselage because the propeller will hit the water.

this movie was comfy as fuck.

That is fantastic.

Best Ghibli I have seen so far.

I kinda like that they don't really tell you, but just a little more info to speculate would be nice. Like I know he felt bad for living when his buddy and other pilots didn't, but why does that make him a pig?

Ah, of course. I was about to guess that it was an alternative solution to an interrupter gear so it's possible to have a forward-facing machine gun that doesn't shoot the propeller.

That scene with the river of planes above the "cloud prairie"...tears. Solid tears.

Porco loved her, idiot.

Early 20th century Italy is possibly one of the comfiest settings in existence.

Much of anything Europe pre WWII is comfy.

dat coast tho

What is hard to understand? Are you one of those people who needs a happy ending spelled out to you? Ghibli films aren't going to be for you.

Not an argument. Finest film I've seen in some time live or animated. Kinda felt like True Grit in a way.

Then what "argument" do you want me to make? I wasn't claiming you disliked it. Just saying its not hard to understand.

Was wondering what the core plot was...as far as can be told, redemption, letting go.

Marco loved his best friends fiancee. His friend died right after he was married and he felt guilty for it, as if he should have died instead. This guilt festered until it actually became visible on the outside of his body (symbolism).

Then the rest of the movie is mostly just a series of fun events that got him to loosen up and gain the willpower to tell Julia how he really feels. Like you said, letting go. It is implied that once he came to this decision, he stopped looking like a pig. But they never actually show it.

Think the sequel will ever be made?

I really hope not. There's no room to make one with the ending the movie got. Unless it focused entirely on Fio or Curtis. And then who would want a movie focused on them (aside from eye candy with Fio).