March 2018 - Seven Seas Entertainment Survey

March 2018 - Seven Seas Entertainment Survey

docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfuPyPVkmYPQTORPusfEMuxaSpY8B-KCohyg1d4br5arT_SqA/viewform

last time i posted this we got tomo-chan published. lets see if we can get something has equally as good this time

Where's the option to make them not take an entire year to release a volume?

Nowhere. The american publishing system is trash.

YOKOHAMA SHOPPING LOG

Do you actually......buy....english Manga???

If you wanted to support your favorite mangaka wouldn't it make more sense buying the raws in bulk instead?

I like having things on my shelf. HDDs are to unreliable long term. Paper is optimal storage.

I buy them for reading. Reading manga on a screen doesn't feel good and my Jap is not good enough to read raws.

Same here

>......
>???
Fuck off. It's not about supporting the mangaka, it's about someone actually translating/publishing something.

90% of the time I'd only buy stuff that doesn't have scans so the only way of reading it would be the English releases.

Only things that aren't being scanlated.

>not just learning the language
how do you actually support them anyways? feel like we're a non-factor

>HDDs are to unreliable long term.
A distributed network of HDDs around the globe all mirroring the same data and offering it back up is the optimal storage solution. Your shelf isn't going to survive your neighbor yuru camping in his backyard.

YKK
K
K

It will never happen, will it?

;_;

I own my own place. I like to read when the power is out. It's nice.

We should make it happen!

i know its a stretch but can we try to get Bokura wa Minna Kawai-sou published in physical form. it ended late last year and i would love to have a physical copy.

I really want to own Getter Robo on my shelf. Seems off brand + it's old tho. Dark Horse survey when?

Same. Getter Robo and Karakuri Circus are my long shots

Seems pointless unless we all input some agreed upon series.

>last time i posted this we got tomo-chan published
Yeah, thanks a lot you fucking loser.

Sell me on something and I will.

your welcome?

This would be perfect (Koi wa Ameagari no You ni), 10 volume run + recent anime + won Shogakukan manga award (which they can plaster on the back of every volume)

Hoping for Gingitsune to be picked up by someone. It's owned by Shueisha but apparently Seven Seas has licensed stuff from them before despite the Viz favoring so that's a good sign. Would also like Witch Hat Atelier but it could be released digitally by Kodansha like some other series.

I just realized that OP is most likely an employee of Seven Seas.

Honestly I'm fine with this. They're not pushing their shit, just looking for recommendations and feedback.

I put in Komi and Eiken.

Rec threads are banned here though.

they're doing the original Devilman/Cutie Honey. "Too old" isn't an excuse anymore

Manga:
>Hokuto No Ken
>Kingdom

Light Novels:
>Zero No Tsukaima
>Violet Evergarden

If the english releases are bought, they'll buy more volumes/series.

Shocking, right?

You can't beat book depository's free shipping, otherwise i'd just buy raw.

Also stop typing like a retard.

>lets see if we can get something has equally as good this time
>Tomo-chan
>Something equally as good

Garbage?

Personally I like it whenever we get an english release of a japanese manga or light novel. Not everyone has the luxury of being able to import japanese manga in bulk. Plus if a title gets an english release, it means more exposure for the author of the book. There works can then be read in more places around the world besides japan. Plus I also prefer reading books in my hands compared to on a computer or a tablet. Feels better.

I asked for Yumekui Merry and Ika Musume for manga. Shakugan no Shana and Scrapped Princess for LNs, though it wouldn't surprise me if Viz still has Shana under their thumb.

Shiori Experience, Witch Hat Atelier, and Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou as mentioned will be my picks.

Surveys like this and customer input actually influences Seven Seas' licensing choices quite a bit. I remember messaging them about Spirit Circle 3 years ago when it was being translated by Crunchyroll, and the employee said chances were low unless more people showed interest. Lo-and-behold, the first two volumes of Spirit Circle are out now.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou looks like an awesome read, I already filled out a survey for this month, But I'll try this one next month. Scrapped princess as well.

This. They have to register their books a year before shipping.
It works pretty well until they catch up, after which they either have to guess when the next volume is released (and licenseable), or try to pry it out of the japanese publishers beforehand. Sometimes it works and the delay is reasonably small. Sometimes it fucks itself over and we have to wait a year.

My wild guess is that they could take $3 off the price if the distributors let them ship mangoes as soon as they're printed.

Even the lie that these Eng publishing companies actually take suggestions makes me happy
I hope Jinrui gets a release some day

>if the distributors let them ship mangoes as soon as they're printed
Is this a monopoly that prevents them from selling directly via online shop or Amazon?

Beautiful Bones: Sakurako's Investigation for VN and minamoto-kun no monogatari for manga

Brick and mortar chains gobble up large volumes until they die, this is what happened to Tokyopop.

I buy both