Unpopular opinions thread

Write an unpopular opinion you hold with a short elaboration so we know you aren't b8ing.

>SAO wasn't as bad as Sup Forums makes it out to be

i think SAO, in the context of the audience it addresses, wasn't that bad. kirito wasn't an autistic typical shonen character, his responses and actions were mostly mature and reasonable. i think the main problem in sao online was the harem building. instead of having character appear ===> be developed, it always ended up being another addition to the harem. also the obvious ass-pulls were retarded obviously (muh power of love res), but again compared to so much other shit it's not that unforgivable. I'd even say that the cancer squad arc mediated many of these issues. I also think it's better than the likes of re:zero

>the fate series is waifubait cashgrab

pretty self explanatory

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-yuJQT2VTTw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>with a short elaboration so we know you aren't b8ing

well it has no plot, the characters are 2d and it throws in skimpy outfits and poses randomly for no reason. plus all the genderswapping etc.

wasn't trying to b8, just thought it was obvious

>the sao series is waifubait cashgrab

My unpopular opinions
>There was a ton of crap back then just like there is now
This is obvious, we just live remember the best shows from then, same thing with music.

>Sometimes the best part of the show is the opening (Bokurano anime, Outlaw Star)
Also pretty clear if you were unfortunate enough to watch the Bokurano anime

>People need to stop throwing around weeb, the term has lost all meaning
A weeb isn't someone who likes anime, a weeb is someone who loves everything from Japan on the merit it's Japanese.

>It's ok for celebrities to like anime
Everyone is allowed to enjoy anime

>Nearly all the shows you think were good as a kid weren't good at all
Speaking as someone who loved Inuyasha and Sailor Moon as a kid, this is absolutely true. Although I also loved Cardcaptor Sakura and to my surprise it was an excellent show even now

>Jojo has some excellent parts, but the parts that get the most praise don't deserve it
This is mainly for part 3, I think it gets overhyped by people. I wish there was more like the psychological warfare of part 1, which I really liked

>Kenshiro is legitimately a good role model
Read the manga and see. I honestly think you should aspire to be like him, at least in mental state

>A lot of anime fans need to get out of their comfort zone and watch more stuff in the medium
This one is also obvious, tons of anime fans just watch the same thing over and over.

>Calling your opinion unpopular doesn't make it immune to criticism
I see this a lot, mostly on normiebook where people think calling your opinion unpopular means you can't criticise it. But then they get a martyr complex and hold their belief even firmer because we aren't "woke" enough for it.
I love anime but hate the whole anime is le trash lollllololol who enjoys things it's all trash

Yuru Camp is overrated.

Sup Forums seems to welcome SAO nowadays

I am not that into the newfound moe trend. For an art style that emphasizes bright colors and a flat shading style. I like the stuff that is super sparkly froufrou overtly feminine or something manly looking. Or generally something stylized

Guess I am stuck liking the older stuff.

The intro is slow paced. And then there are really disturbing scenes that wake you up.

>I like stuff that is super feminine and sparkly
Surely you've seen Utena and Precure

I've seen the first half of Utena. It was not half bad. Dropped it when they got to the part where Anthy's brother came. It's mostly because I got busy and never saw the final parts.

Never got the chance to see precure.

You're missing out if you like sparkly feminine things. youtube.com/watch?v=-yuJQT2VTTw

Sort of looks like the precurser to all that moe stuff that's on anime. But I will check it out. Maybe in a more private internet setting.

Darling on the Franxx is actually a great anime if you look at it as your generic SoL series.

Why is it terrible not being an SoL then?

JoJo part 3 is really, really bad

Stand Proud was a good song though

Full Metal Panic S1 is legitimately awful.

I liked Elfen Lied.

Anons who say "normie" came here from Reddit or facebook and are largely crossboarders. The few who still say "normalfag" and whatnot have been here a bit but are dying out.

Anons have been using normie for a few years now on other boards. Three years ago I rarely saw anyone using normalfag, it was always normie this or normie that then all of the sudden I see anons using normalfag again and saying normie is r.ddit. I just tell everyone to go back facebook. Also I guarantee you that half of anons using normalfag are newfags who want to sound old and half of anons using normie are baiting.

"Weeb" has a new meaning. Words change. Let it go.
No one should be posting here about what celebrities like.
Sailor Moon was great.
Anime fans have no obligation to watch things they don't want to.

>moe
>new

>No one should be posting here about what celebrities like.
>unpopular

You're they have no obligation, but it would foster better discourse.

Well you're not wrong. But I think it has gotten worse in recent years.

That was a response to user's comment on celebrities, not an unpopular opinion.
We have enough people complaining about things they don't like without their forcing themselves to watch them. That would only get worse.

>Unpopular opinions thread
Oh boy. Here we go.
>Re:Zero is the worst anime ever made.
>SAO first half is just as shit.
>Fate Zero > Rest of Fate
>Rei > Asuka
>Ef: A tale of memories was shit.
>Bebop and Champloo are avarage shows that are overrated by burgers.
>Higurashi, Oreimo and Anothana are garbage.
>Episodic anime are boring.
>Sol shows are even more boring.
>The anime community is shit.

Hai, moshi moshi baitou desu

Gundam, Ideon and Devilman are all better than NGE

>The anime community is shit
>unpopular opinions

Almost every Gainax anime is waifu pandering trash

>I started watching anime post 2010

"I don't like popular thing" is the least interesting kind of unpopular opinion.

Mediocre shows in genres I like are far more entertaining than great shows in genres I don't.

Steins;Gate is shit. It is the Rick and Morty of the Science Adventure series. The other 3 entries are severely underrated because of weak anime adaptations while S;G is overrated because it lucked out with a good adaptation.

Ryuuko Matoi is a seriously good character.

The flak she gets for being "edgy" is incredibly overblown and, while "justified" by lines or actions in the story, is actually shitposted about because people take one look at her design and start immediately fishing for reasons to call her edgy. She isn't. She's realistically insecure, a fantastic blend of tomboy and girly, has a great little existential crisis, is self-sacrificing and kind when it comes to those she values, and is probably one of the best "straight man" type characters to play off the various oddballs in KLK that could have been written. She's also ten times sexier when untransformed than in her stripper getup.

Also, short of Senketsu, the English dub was actually quite good. Not better, but more than bearable.

>Popular is bad >:((((

What if my opinion is popular everywhere except on Sup Forums?

I agree, but I think most of the jokes of her being edgy come from her having a colour scheme similar to Shadow the hedgehog, that's it

I value writing and soundtrack much more than visual quality. That may be because I'm a musician rather than an art critic, but whenever anybody complains about bad looking CG or QUALITY, I can't really tell a difference. I guess that's a good thing because I can enjoy older stuff more easily.
Madoka's English dub was pretty good.

That's what I meant by "people take one look at her design and start immediately fishing for reasons to call her edgy." They see black hair with red highlights and immediately the edge goggles go on. It's like twintails- people will ALWAYS look at twintails girls through a tsun filter.

You should check out the Ar Tonelico games

>Ar Tonelico games
>good writing
I thought it would get better in 2 but man I was meme'd hard by you fags. At least there were a couple of good soundtracks.

I recommended them to the user who likes music for that aspect more so than it's writing.

Don't you mean tsunglasses?

You cheeky fuck, you get a point.

Fanbases do taint my opinion of an anime. If they're just that awful and overbearing, sometimes they just smother any enjoyment you might have gotten out of that anime.

Same. I know it's illogical, but we're not logical creatures.

I liked the ending of the Kuma Miko anime and felt it was completely in line with the rest of the show up to that point. The fact that she didn't get over her problems easily was refreshing and I don't think it implied a regression.

Most disagreement with SAO stems from an earlier time when people wanted anime (and like media) to not be well known so they could have their super secret in club. Crunchyroll was a bad word. All of the justification used to support the rooted opinion that anime shouldn't be for the masses has simply evolved and continued from that time.

The show succeeded, and success should be frowned upon.

Fate is supposed to be waifu bait.

Is this from that ABe manga that won't ever be released?

>I’m stupid please rape my face >:((((
Sorry I shat on one of your favorite anime, but I don’t care. Eat shit.
I have little care in the world for Steins;Gate being as popular as it is. However, I do say it’s overrated because time travel allows any dumb story to present itself as deep and intellectual. It’s also overdone and boring. I dislike that the other entries aren’t given any thought because they don’t try to be Steins;Gate and present themselves as a dumb, quirky, comedy sci-fi story with a dark undertone to it.

>This much ass blastery

>avoiding discussion to hide his shit taste

Evangelion isn’t deep. It’s just weird as shit.

>lol u mad bro
If you won’t legitimately respond to me then I’ll just hit you with a “your mom gay” and be done with it.

It's from Texhnolyze. Despera, which pic related is from, is the unreleased anime.

Ur mum triple gay not allowed to reply beat that faggot

i think if a studio decides to cater primarily to western audience, it could turn out to be very successful

I use crunchyroll cause I'm always on my bone and don't feel like switching to my pc to torrent unless I really like the series. I also use manga reader sites to read manga unless I like them then I download them from the goddess. Also the surface pro 3 is one of the best ways to read manga.

Only problem with crunchyroll is it's incredibly small selection

>I’m always on my bone
You browse the internet with your dick?

NGE fan here. You actually get it. NGE is not deep. The religious symbolism, the barely-mentioned plot, the mechanics behind Instrumentality, it's mostly a bunch of fluff and backdrop. What makes NGE great is its exploration of its characters. And honestly, if you find a study of some fucked up people "2deep," you might just be a fucking brainlet. If it was impossible to penetrate, it wouldn't be as popular as it is.

Also, Rebuild is fucking trash.

I think Janie is the sixth level five.

It’s just a downgraded Madoka. Literally everybody here except (you) guys think so. Eva is long past its prime.

>he doesn't browse the internet with his dick
I'm so sorry,user.

Madoka is shit though. I mean, NGE is too though, so

I don't think Madoka did as good of a job fleshing out its characters. It has a similarly dismal and hopeless tone set onto a more traditionally uplifting genre like NGE, but it lacks the depth of character. I do really love its soundtrack, though. NGE has a good one, but it doesn't have a patch on Madoka's.

Madoka is the best anime in the world.

Mayoiga was actually pretty good if you didn’t expect a horror show.

I like Keit-Ai.

This!

You don't?

I think you are all fucking losers and I love my edgy sinens fuck all of you

this, I dropped it a few episodes ago

Long hair is objectively worse than short hair