OVERLORD general

halfway through volume 7.

Are the workers gonna be okay? The cockroach king and squid girl better not bully them at all.

pic is best girl

user, I don't read books.

You should pick em up. They are easy to read and interesting.

just finished the prequel material. gotta say, it makes you understand why he's so incompetent and why he's so autistic over his guild and Yggdrasil. Also makes him way more sympathetic

should i save that for after or can I read em now??

read it now if you want, it's about how momonga and his guild conquered nazarick in the first place and how they became a guild from a clan. gives you some insight in his life and also fleshes out his friends a bit. it will definitely hit a chord with you if you were ever into mmos

>it will definitely hit a chord with you if you were ever into mmos
Especially when your guildies who you had so much fun with, having meetings and making teams to get stuff done witg started to drift apart and slowly the game you guys all played together became a dull lifeless husk? And one day you find yourself logged into the game wandering through the places you would all hang out and talk, thinking to yourself "... huh" as your reminisce ?

Then I shall. Fuck I miss the old days of WoW. 2004-2007. HAd an amazing guild starting out, we stayed at level 49 together for a year and change, until i finally decided to level up against the GM's wishes and was kicked out.

Shit wasnt the same. Always thnk about how I wish I could go back and never level up. I can relate to Ainz a lot, which is probably why I enjoy this so much.

He's not a general, he's a Supreme Being.

key-rye-des

This show better pick up. Boring af past 4 episodes. We need more of this

pretty much ye. used to play aion a lot, but as the game got worse and worse the normalish people stopped playing and what remained in the end were dead servers with only no-life autismos playing. at that point i had to group with people that disgusted me in order to get anything done, and i just told myself this has no point. but it wasn't a slow process, i stopped and started again several times but at first there were always people you knew coming back etc

ah well, theres this 1 guy i played with who im still in touch. he even remembered by bday even though i removed it from skype/fb etc cause i didn't want spam from people that didn't know me. it was a good experience, but everyone has to move on from mmo nolifing at some point

well ainz is this but to the exaggerated extreme (post apocalyptic dystopia setting and all). but it definitely hits a fucking nerve, which is why i like this show a lot.

>OVERLORD general
>actually naming your filenames like a nerd
>that spacing
Sasuga

I want to impregnate mare.

stop bullying OP!

It hits you even more in the feels when you realize that the MC is just a boring, single, middle aged office worker. The game was easily the most exciting thing in his life, and it was going to disappear.

Now he gets to live his fantasies, but they're empty: none of his friends are there to share it with him and he's doomed to become a soulless unfeeling husk by virtue of his character's racial traits.

he needs to race change already. Wish upon a star
If not? GRASPU HEARTO

Will Overlord end up being a comedy or a tragedy?

the npcs are also ultimately husks. i think his goal is for the npcs to become more instead of living puppets, that's why he gives them this degree of autonomy

>general
>double spacing
Kill yourself.

No because the world is real now. They are real people how can you be so heartless

Comedy = tragedy + time.
>ultimately husks.
Ow shut uuuup: they even have hobbies now, unlike your nolifer self.

Soultion sux

Damn slut can't even follow a simple order.

This is Neia Baraja.

Say something to put her at ease.

Am I really the only person that has enjoyed seeing the Sebas, Tuare, Cliff, etc stuff?

>general
Fuck off.

Archerdines don't need mounts.

why?

she's trash far beneath the notice of a Supreme Being

he even mentions in the LN how their mannerisms and personality ticks seem lifeless and forces and how their eyes look soulless and empty. can't remember the vol

>can't remember the vol
Because it was Hilda speaking about Mare. NPC generally not caring about NWers doesn't mean they're soulless and empty.

Who are you talking about? We are yet to see a mutt in action.

>Mutt in action

>not caring

your eyes dont become soulless when you "dont care" about someone. your mannerisms would also change, they wouldn't simply become forced

even ainz has become a husk of a being due to his emotional suppression.

>when you "dont care" about someone.
They don't when dealing with disgusting subhumans. This is what NWers are to most Nazarick denizens. Mare is what? -200 Karma? His behavior is justified by alignment.
>ainz has become a husk of a being
Are you fucking retarded? His emotions burst over the threshold on multiple occasions, just the top gets cut off, he still feels emotions.
>hurr durr Ainz is soulless because he doesn't care about dead NWers
He's one man government, government does not care about lifes of individual people either, they're numbers to them.
He still cares about NPC a lot, you're literally autistic if you can't see that care.

Also stop spacing like a retard.

>your eyes dont become soulless when you "dont care" about someone
You just don't not care enough, only SB and other NPC matter to NPC with negative Karma.

>Overlord has all these neat characters to give screen time to
>We instead get lizards, fodder, and literal whos getting 50% of screen time

I'm gonna sexually fuck Lupus!

It takes a lot of dedication to scour the forums for every single thread of the animes you don't like just to drop this bombshell on the unsuspecting populace. God speed, I hope your continued efforts get your 72 virgins my user.

Neia's parents should be proud, shes a good girl

I’m gunna philosophically fuck Lupus!

it's even worse when people defend with a weakass argument like

>muh world-building

Imagine if LOTR wasted a half dozen chapters on the backstory of Bill Ferny, or Denethor, or Beregond.

Literally who?

Why not both?

I thought Lupus cared about Enri

Cute doggo

>Are the workers gonna be okay?
Oh user...

> Parents

Lupu doesn't care about humies at all. She's under direct orders to protect Enfi above all else. Enri is only important because she tasted Ainz's favor but is otherwise expendible.

She said how great it would be to crush all these humies and initially thought them to be "toys" for Ainz.

What is that stupid meme? How can she die will all power of sausages?

Her mommy can be still alive and full of demi-human sperm.

Ainz doesn't care about her anymore, cunt wouldn't shoot the bow. She dies in war.

>general
Please leave. Please?

>cunt wouldn't shoot the bow
I see how she buries it somewhere to not let anyone possess it.

>cared
>cared enough to teach Enri all the oddball sex positions
Would really be funny if Lupu only taught Enri to do Anal all these while. Giggling whenever she overheard them talking why they don't have a kid yet.

don't care doesn't equal your mannerisms seem forced and your eyes are soulless. plus ainz himself ponders how sentient the npcs really are on multiple occasions

i don't like using the speedreader meme, but you are non-ironically a speedreader

Do you think it would be interesting if at the series had 2 protagonists? One like ainz, average joe turned super necro-skelly and the other an irl scumbag who rps as some angelic character. Their guild npcs could also be modeled that way, but they'd be transported on different continents.

>Do you think it would be interesting if Overlord was interesting
Yes

>general
go fuck yourself newshit

So NPCs are incapable of creating emotional bridges with outsiders? How bad is that?

>Angel scumbag has his own Albedo
>activates his holy aura so it hurts her and she cant bed him

Wasted potential: The Anime

Demi is very interested on Renner, to the point of having Ainz himself not damaging her dog and forbidding any other NPC from doing so.
Plus there are the good NPCs and the elves. And at least two of the Five Worst are pretty chill.

Ainz is already a scumbag, but not to the point that he becomes annoying like the goblin from Re: Monster.

Im expecting Renner to fall of Demiurge and Albedo's favor sooner or later

Is the manga better than the anime?

>made you reply
Sasuga OP-sama, planning ahead for a 10000 post thread.

Well she’s not going to show up anytime soon.

Maybe she'll solve the cube by the next time she appears?

id be mirrored, the MC would want to fuck his angel npc but she wouldn't put out cause she was pure or some shit

After Vol 3 (chapter 12), it starts taking more time and the mangaka follows the novels much closely. So, yes, it's superior to the anime. It also has great material for reaction images.

LOTR wasted time on ton of side characters. Remember Frodo was the only main character, everyone else was supporting or extras. You know the human woman who was so into Aragorn’s dick & slew the Witch King because the power of the vagina? She had chapters decided to her pining over someone who could’ve easily be her great-grandfather. Or how about an entire book detailing the background of the entire setting?

Focusing on AoG would’ve just been a one & done novel. When focusing on other “side characters” we get a better understanding of the world.

>Light VN
>Drama CDs
>Anime
>Manga
>All the same story

Why won't the author stick with a single medium?

anime and manga serve as promo material. drama cds and extras serve as supplementary material for the blu-ray box sets

>don't care doesn't equal your mannerisms seem forced and your eyes are soulless
The fuck you stretch NWer's single fucking remark over all NPC you dumb fucking twat?
It was only ever said by Hilma about Mare and we're pretty clear most NPC consider NWers untermench, never about any other NPC.
Mare is also special case since he's created by one SB but supposed to reflect character of the other.
>speedreader
Then don't use it because you're wrong as fuck here.

So you are retarded faggot or what? Why would you pile all NPC together there? We were discussing Lupu, who is -300 sadist by her settings. Sebas, Yuri and Nigredo care a lot.

Wait, why do the other Nazarick denizens find Pandora's Actor so annoying? He's hilarious.

He's the Reddit of Nazarick

Because that's what other guildies secretly thought of Momonga.

but Frodo wasn't the main character, Samwise Gamgee was.

It started as a Web Novel but was later adapted into a LN. Drama CDs are there to do side stuff. Manga & Anime are adaptations of the LN. Drama CDs are packaged with volume releases.

Ever had that one co-worker that was creepy & annoying? Yet was the boss’ favorite? That’s PA. He doesn’t socialize much because he’s been mostly counting treasure, but when he does come out of the treasury he’s a damn Chuuni. Plus he’s Ainz’s son so the others are jealous of that.

Is this your first time seeing an adaptation?

Bitch please. Sam Wise was just Fordo’s piece of ass that travelled with him to keep him “company”.

you're a moron. it was a hint given to you by the author you dumb cunt, your argument is "hurr durr a NWer said it". the fucking author stated it through the dialog of that NWer. plus it's normal that a NWer would be the one to say it, since he's not a soulless husk himself

fucking autist

4 episodes of a 12 episode season, one whole light novel volume for lizardmen that have yet to re-enter the story in any way after volume 4?

Do you really think that the lizardmen will make their way back into the main storyline in a significant way?

Only CZ finds him annoying. Maybe Yuri for his attitude, but she also finds her sisters annoying most of the time.
The rest of them seem to respect him. We don't know much of their interactions, since PA only had actual screen time in vols 3 and 10.

Citations faggot, where are your proof? It was only ever said about single NPC: Mare, who don't have zero fucking reason to show any kind of emotion while on a mission fucking up NWers.

CZ?

Niggers, If you unironically reply in a thread with a word general in it, you are dropping the bar way to low now.

>4 episodes of a 12 episode season, one whole light novel volume for lizardmen that have yet to re-enter the story in any way after volume 4?
They appear in vols 8, 11 and 12. They are mentioned other times as well, like in vol 5 when Ainz purchases stuff for them and in the drama CD when Cocytus requests said weapons

Homunculus and readers' favorite maid.

>can't understand hints provided subtly by the author through PoV observations from nazarick outsiders

>It was only ever said about single NPC

when it should have been STATED by the author in the prologue itself, as well that the statement applies to every npc.

jesus christ, you're not even a speedreader. you're simply retarded

Hint, single, not plural. Do you have any actual proof or you're just pulling it out of your ass? If not - I will consider you defeated.

>NPC have no feelings

>Aura and Albedo almost ripping each other to shreds over conflict previously never existing in Yggdrasil or between their creators
>Dark Twins when Ainz pours them water
>Mare's showing off the ring
>Albedo's victory cry when she gets the ring
>Demiurge's losing his shit when he's detailed by Cocytus and Albedo in vol3 and forced to watch 1v1 fight of Ainz and Chair
>Startled Aura during her ride with Ainz through the Forest
>Sebas literally covering up for NWer
>Yuri and Nigredo doing the same, practically going against direct order of Ainz for the sake of NW kids
>CZ running away to hug cute beasts
>Narberal sincerely thanking Enri after she compares her beauty to that of Lupusergina
>Albedo' happy tears vol10
>Abledo' outcry in Mausoleum vol3
>Albedo noticing Ainz is left out vol3
>Albedo's rage over veggie touching her shoulder
>Demiurge literally shaking after every praise or when faced with his master's superintelligence
>Most female NPC hating bugs
>Dark Elf twins lapsitting
>Shalltear's determination to redeem herself in vol11
>Aura's reluctant education of Shalltear
>Shalltear's happy tears on successful mission
>list goes on

Just fucking kill yourself.

>Ever had that one co-worker that was creepy & annoying? Yet was the boss’ favorite?
I believe that was my role, I kinda get why they don't like PA

>should have been STATED by the author
It was never stated by the author, only implied once.
>in the prologue itself
Prologue is set in Yggdrasil, the game, prior to transfer to NW. Everything is different in NW now.
>as well that the statement applies to every npc
This "statement" comes from an NWer whore under extreme pain and fear. and only applies to Mare, the NPC which was fucking her shit up.

>statements made by characters don't count

ye because the author would just insert an observation like that for no reason. it's not like the npc's sentience and level of emotional development has been pondered by ainz multiple times throughout the novels

>compulsory behaviors driven by pre-existing guidelines equal organic personality

sure pal