What is the best isekai series so far?

Make your choices.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iJLgCYh7KGs
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

not gate

Only Juuni Kokuki matters. Everything else is dogshit territory.

Yes Gate.
Data base was nice and comfy too.
Despite all its shit parts, SAO was (and still is) quite popular.

Outbreak company

Gate is good.

Dungeon Seeker

Isekai Ryouridou. So peaceful and respectful of the world it takes place in.

isekai is a joke of a genre

Green eyed redhead? Picked up. How relevant is she?

She is the heroine.

Digimon

>What is the best isekai series so far?
Literally none of them.

Is there a single isekai where the mc doesn't collect a harem?

Into the trash.

the only real answer

This desu.

gate was only fun during the first couple chapters when it was about a modern military steamrolling a fantasy one
i dropped it after it went away from that

>when it was about a modern military steamrolling a fantasy one
THat was the worst part.

I liked that part, but what it became was fine too, just different. With all the isekai, there should be more of it instead of a single person being sent with cheats.

Indeed.

That smartphone one with Japanese Jesus.

Re:Zero.

Starts interesting. The quality looks a bit inconsistent but I've seen worse. I hope she becomes hotter when she gains a few levels.

Every Isekai that came out after pic realted is shit.

Goblin kingdom. MC is the goblin god emperor trying to make a country for nonhumansb with his knights of the roundtable type vassals. There's the goblin yakuza vassals, goblin knight vassals, and goblin samurai vassals. The goblin are different from other stories in that they aren't trying to rape and plunder.

Nothing will ever top the greatest Isekai.

Dunbine is the only choice.

>posts a shitty shoujo reverse harem

This is the best but I liked Escaflowne too, flwas and all. And there are a couple of other good 90s isekai shoujo manga.

Kumo desu ga.
>Rational
>Suspense
>Good cliff hanger
>Cute spider
>Final Fantasy 2 Mechanics

For me? Its Ixion Saga DT
If you like comedy and haven't watched this yet, fucking do it its GOLD

I don't believe in good isekai

But it does exist.

If they toned down the NIPPON BANZAI shit, showed a little bit more realism in politics, toned down the FUCK YEAH, made the antagonists not retarded, also...
actually no, Gate is fucking shit.

Before the 2000s there where actually a lot of them

A rather good amount of them indeed

Shoujo was really into that back then, mangas, anime, vns, it was everywhere.
Even now it's still somewhat relevant with the whole "villain girl" theme being the new hot shit.

It sets itself up nicely for a decent romance between star crossed people and finding a way back home is a decent enough end goal to motivate the hero/ine while providing drama when they may have to separate. The big problem is that it's now became a new genre where the protagonist is just looking for a new world to be the same lazy asshole he was in the original world.

I haven't been keeping up, what's this villain girl fad?

Is there one that:
>Is not incomplete due to being based on some LN or some shit
>Something other than a cast of unlikely girls that are all after MC's dick for some inexplicable reason.
>MC doesn't act like a retarded virgin who thinks kissing a girl will kill him.

That would already be a decent start.

the reverse isekai obviously

It's related to old school otome dating sims such as kiniro no corda and romance animes.
There was alway that fucking girl with no redimible qualities whose only role in the story was to be a bitch and provide a comparison to how the protagonist is such a cute angel.
Isekai reincarnation into that character is that villain girl fad.

KEK

I've posted it like 3 times now. Dunbine is patrician as fuck. One of the best anime ever.

youtube.com/watch?v=iJLgCYh7KGs

Bueno. This is just one of those very rare occasion I stumble down into Sup Forums for a brief period.

I haven't been keeping up with these threads and whatnot.

If you don't mind hitting a few of those check boxes I can suggest ones that still manage to be pretty good. El Hazard for example is harem as hell but it actually tosses other characters a love interest and generally tells a complete story.

> dubs
> patrician
I have some doubts about your taste, user.

I really, really hate Rory's anime design.

Because I Reincarnated as a Succubus, I'll Squeeze Out Semen

Look at this fool. So blinded by his obsession with a language he doesn't even understand how good a dub can actually be. Even being capable of being praised by the shows original creators.

the spider girl

>hating on Carl Macek

No biggie for me. Unless you're into lolis. Then again, I'm animeonlyfag and there at the bottom panel she looks pretty damn cute. Is the manga/whatever Gate finished or it's ongoing?

She's way too moemoe in the anime.

I should shill dunbine more.

And get the blu-rays for not dvd quality screenshots.

This one, if only the author writes more.

I think what annoys me more than anything are these overly long titles that don't really mean anything. Whatever just happened to naming your series after the main character, mech, setting or central location. What's Escaflowne about? It's about fucking Escaflowne.

Do you have any source for that or is it the usual "I read it on tv tropes so it must be true"?

Series fansite. I don't even know if it's up. This is all pre TV tropes era stuff so maybe I am blowing out my ass. Dubs still a hoot though

Cut down the harem shit and have non retarded antagonists.
Then we can talk.

There's way too many novels in Japan to choose from so they just put a part of the synopsis in the title instead so you get the general gist of the story instead of checking the back of every book to know what the fuck it's actually about.

Fushigi yuugi

It was good

Japan has like 1/50 of the words that english does.

Well that seems like an issue that can be resolved more cleanly with a stricter quality filter.

I wish there was an isekai about being an artillery officer with your cannon dragged along.

Entire isekai is different versions of "gathering big bad army". and them getting artilleried.

I'm pretty sure no one actually knows exactly how many words there are in Japanese.

>I wish there was an isekai about being an artillery officer with your cannon dragged along.

I can meet you half way

>a glimpse into the mind of a burgertard monolingual

Best isekais are those that educate as well.

fpbp

Nobunaga no Chef

time travel is isekai

t. ameriburger
How's it feel that GATE fucking predicted your retarded president?
>america would never do such a thing
kek

God, this might be the worst sort of thing.

The ones wielding spear.

It's cute how people think UN matters in this day and age.

what ia going on here?

i liked 12 kingdoms

>time travel is isekai
Depends on how you resolve grandfather paradox.

Gate was fucking great.
Konosuba is alright too, but mostly because of the Aqua bullying.

>Even japs pretend the katana wasn't a product of a lack of good steel and the prevalence of soft armor.

The best is to not give a fuck about it and suspend your disbelief, because as soon as a story starts dealing with causality and shit, it's sure to become a fucking non-sensical mess.

Next chapter is coming 30.2.2019

is that lelei?

They still lacked a large source of iron. The katanas shape and use was a product of its environment. It by no means makes the katana the end all be all of sword disign.

Dude. Thank you for this one. It's on my primary isekai list now. I didn't even know it existed.

If you liked that one try out Reika-sama, it's really good.

Funny. I never considered that as an isekai, but it really is. Well, shit.

Actually, come to think of it, wouldn't it classify FSN as isekai too?

I want another isekai just like GATE.
I want people from the other world amazed at mundane things from our world.
I want them giving silly names to our stuff.
I want them to be powerless versus our technology.

Have I got the loli for you

El-Hazard was so good, it had two versions.

Do you know the japanese word for milk? It's miruku. They don't have a word for the fucking milk.

How about the exact opposite? The other world is more advanced than Earth.