Karakuri Circus anime confirmed

Based nips adapting a good ol' long shonen (43 vol)

I never read it since I could find only 21 translated volume. I hope they are going to adapt it in one go.

Other urls found in this thread:

karakuri-anime.com/
youtube.com/watch?v=TkHHtPn6VUw
youtube.com/watch?v=XRQId1_ca6g
twitter.com/karakuri_anime
funnuraba.tumblr.com/post/153923592977/done-with-anime-fandom-until-Sup
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

-Synopsis-

“Katou Narumi suffers from Zonapha Syndrome, a rare ailment that stops his breathing unless he makes people laugh. He’s been forced to abandon his training in Chinese kenpo and return to Japan, where he now works as a clown. The only problem: he’s not very funny.

One day he meets Saiga Masaru, the recent inheritor of a huge fortune, who gives him the first laugh he’s gotten all day. When he realizes Masaru is being pursued by assassins, he steps in to protect the boy, only to discover that instead of conventional weapons, the assassins wield huge, eerie puppets. They soon encounter the mysterious Shirogane, who controls a puppet of her own, and claims she was sent from France by Masaru’s late grandfather to protect him.

Their paths intertwine and diverge, splitting into two stories: Karakuri and Circus, puppets and performers, tears and laughter. The strange circus of living dolls that spreads Zonapha Syndrome, the human puppets known collectively as the Shirogane, and the puppeteers whose undying grudge set in motion both sides of this performance.“

15 million copies in print. The visual looks good, I hope Mappa x VOLN return and do this like Ushio to Tora but with more episodes and preferably less skipping.

hmmm
youtube.com/watch?v=TkHHtPn6VUw
I'm ok with the adaptation anyway. We'll get Shirogane's lewd fanarts and doujins.

That's cool, who animated it?

based fujita: after Ushio and tora i hope this would happen, but honestly didn't think it would

neat

they're finally giving him the anime his works deserved and it's better that they're being adapted now, there's higher chances the anime won't be total shite

Sometimes good things happen

So they will keep the creepy clown narrator, that´s neat.

I wonder if they're planning to adapt all of his works.

youtube.com/watch?v=XRQId1_ca6g

What do you mean, I haven't read the manga.

This looks good.

>43 vol
Hoping this won't get the current Houshin Engi treatment.

Moonlight Act anime never.

Oh shit, I hope they get Otsuki Kenji to do the OP again.

Even Engi is almost half the length of this, isn’t it?

This is some pretty great news.

Ushio to Tora is easily one of my favorite manga and what I read of Karakuri Circus is really, really damn good. I only didn't read it until the end yet because the scanlations of it died in the 20-something volumes, but I never thought this day would come.

Let's hope it's a good adaptation and since the manga is longer than Ushio and have very few "skippable" content unlike it, it is an at least, 65+ episode series, even if split-coured.

How the fuck does this thread not have more replies. I'm really looking forward to this. Based Fujita should teach all the new battle shounenshitters how to write a good story and draw properly.

So who’s gonna pick up scanlations now?

>and draw properly.
Fujita's forte is his writing.

>How the fuck does this thread not have more replies
It's a vintage manga with dead scans, what did you expect?

I guess Faceless was right.
Dreams come true.

oh yes please

>clowns
I don’t like it.

I agree but his art is also very good. Better than the majority of long running shounen fighting Manga with the exception of Rokudenashi Blues and maybe a few others.

Nice

It's not about clowns, it's about puppets and automata.

I'm scared that they cut things like they did in Ushio to Tora.

oh man I can't wait for "that scene" to happen and then for Sup Forums to collectively rage

>65 episodes for a manga that ended years ago
Good luck with that one

>43 volumes
>dead scans
>got greenlit for adaption
>possibility for someone will pick up scanlations
Good news is good.

Didn't the Ushio to Tora anime flop?

With all the revivals, reboots and adaptations of older source material lately, I think you should shut up.

tell me this is true I need this in my life

>Moonlight Act
Is that any good? They might just adapt all of his stuff, he's one of their biggest authors.

Didn't realize the scanlations of this one never finished.

His art is also top tier, fuck off.

Sweet! I hope it's the same team behind Ushio and Tora

Yeah and I'm very excited we're finally getting a strong buff mc, it feels like it's been forever.

Manga boost and merch must have made a profit.

Nice.

I forgot to say, but it looks like whoever got this key visual hacked into the website, since it's password protected.

The Twitter account is also locked.

twitter.com/karakuri_anime

>Joined November 2017
That's funny, I just noticed this as well.

The clown narrator is the guy who did cuts between scenes.

Which scene? the Midnight Circus or the Masaru past?

That's not an anime that sells even if it didn't cut stuff. This one will also be a general promotion for the manga and merch.

Honestly, this sounds stupid. But so did Ushio & Tora and both anime and manga were amazing. So I'm very interested.

And a celebration for this mangaka's prolonged success.

Oh man the serial escalation in this series was something to behold. That synopsis barely covers the first two volumes. If they skip a ton of stuff like Ushio and Tora I'm gonna be really mad, because this manga is one of my favorites.

That's probably a quickly put together synopsis by the person that posted the news.

There is a lot of potential here but the first fight scenes will probably be too expensive to bother making them look good.

Also parts will be too gory for tv like when that village gets massacred and and a guy juggles a huge ball of human corpses.

Also the arcs really lose steam. In particular the arc where they use the dog to find the midnight circus then have a bunch of long, 1 on 1 fights.

Also the explanation that marrionettes can easily move and react far faster than bullets or human technology but if they are attacked by a human or a human using another puppet then they have to move slower. That is really unconvincing.

Although the opening to Karakuri circus is great and I LOVE the fact that kazuhiro Fujita draws SCRAPPY rather than pretty , effeminate shounen manga, the manga simply loses steam after 10 volumes. maybe even earlier or maybe a little later.

I ran out of will to read it half way through the midnight circus arc I mentioned. I'll probably try again some day but it doesn't bode well.

I hope they animate the whole thing like they did with Ushio and Tora. The translations died right on a cliffhangar.

Yeah, but the clowns get their faces pushed in. Often literally.

did you see any doujins for ushio and tora?
kazuhiro fujita's art doesn;t get otaku's dicks hard.

there'll be fanart but there'll be basically no doujins and any there are will probably be by a crappy , minor artist.

quite often when scanlations die it's because the translation group realises that the rest of the manga becomes crap and lose motivation

I'm guessing this scene.

the translator died for this because trump got become president

i wish i was joking

They will pick it up slowly release chapters until the anime is over and then drop it. Like what happens 99% of the time

Except this series is supposed to have been really damn good and the author has shown before that he can handle endings and long running shounen.

funnuraba.tumblr.com/post/153923592977/done-with-anime-fandom-until-Sup Forums-stops-being-a

>hear about an announcement yesterday in the dead scanlation thread
>hope that an adaptation
>Wake up
>sees this
Good times, maybe now we'll get a finish to the scanlations.

Now the question is how much will they adapt

>he serial escalation in this series was something to behold.
I was not ready for countdown.

But the manga it's still good after that, Masaru harem and the shit in the train was way too good.

That's not rage inducing enough.

Do you think it will be Mappa x Voln again? The visual does seem like something from them. VOLN are basically the staff that left Madhouse that worked on Hunter x Hunter 2011 and that had Hisoka, I want to see this adapted by them.

Karakuri Circus is easily Fujita's magnum opus, so even if I don't care about anime, I really hope this brings more attention to the manga.

It's a win if it brings back the translations and a double win if the anime is amazing and loyal to the manga.

We are entering the age of Faceless' .webms!

It's not rage inducing if you've read further past that, but on my first read through I was mad as fuck at that scene thinking the author had killed the best character for cheap shock value and the manga was now going to follow the super talented genius boys adventures. Really glad I kept reading.

He's talking about the Nuke killing half the cast

That entire sequence in the mansion in volume 2 is pure kino

>pure kino
Sup Forums, do you even know what high art is? Karakuri Circus is pure commedia dell'arte!

I think this entire scene is more rage inducing.

So Shirogane is actually the doll right? The story is beating me over the head with hints at it but its doing that so hard I want to also think its a red herring.

>That is really unconvincing.
No it's not. They ultimately can't remove their base programming which was to entertain people, but they have spent centuries improving their designs and enhancing themselves beyond the human limit. So while they are stupidly powerful, they have to still "perform" alongside the other actors hence why you need to weaponize circus acts.

>I ran out of will to read it half way through the midnight circus arc I mentioned.
I have no idea how you managed to not stay invested through that entire sequence.

keep reading

As the other guy said, keep reading. The ride never ends.

Meh. Ushio to Tora anime was super rushed.

So the "big announcement" wasn't for Souboutei Kowasubeshi then, huh? Kinda disappointed but this is good too.

I want to, but last I checked translations stop at the birth of Masaru's adopted dad.

user... that's not Sadayoshi

it's just too many fights 1 after another . they introduce forettable villains just to have them die again.

why do they have a room where they let the good guys heal?
And the twist that they managed to wipe out the legions of hunters outside the midnight circus without anyone inside noticing and managed to stop their bomb using weird nano-machine puppet mist is also unsatisfying.

The worst problem for me though was that there were too many fights one after another and the villains introduced didn't mean anything.

If anything I just hope this anime stimulates faster translations of Souboutei must be destroyed and hopefully translations of moonlight act too.

>funnuraba.tumblr.com/post/153923592977/done-with-anime-fandom-until-Sup Forums-stops-being-a
hahaha what the fuck.

hahaha what a cancerous, pozzed, little faggot.

I thought it was a JOKE.

>why do they have a room where they let the good guys heal?
It's been a while but are you referring to the pod? Also it has been well established that the automaton had an honor code with the Shirogane so them letting people catch their breathes is fine by me.

>too many fights
It was setting up the climax to a conflict that has persisted for centuries, I think it's appropriate that we get to see the last legs of the Shirogane and the automaton it's not really which is part of the fakeout with the false Francine

It was exhausting to read through I'll give you that, and I think Fujita had already established a pattern of introducing villains who die that same arc while giving them some draw. Same with the Shirogane who bought it during that event.

I don't think you're wrong at all, but I honestly think that was a great arc myself.

The only joke is that this is seriously what killed the most consistent translator of Karakuri Circus after getting weekly updates for years. All exactly at the halfway point of the story where things are about to ramp up even higher.

it's hard to believe, what a shitshow

>they introduce forettable villains just to have them die again.
You should know by now people/automata seemingly dying doesn't necessarily remove them from the story. Some of the most important people in it are long dead after all.

>managed to stop their bomb using weird nano-machine puppet mist is also unsatisfying.
Was that a twist ? I'm pretty sure it was established that the Shirogane knew exactly what the mist can do. The missiles are only there explode and scatter acid to damage the nano-machines after all. If there's any twist there, it's what weapon they follow it up with.

The Shirogane came there to die and end everything once and for all while the Midnight Circus in general is eager let them die so they can have free reign. The Elders of course, will make a show out of it for Francine, because that's their purpose after all.

>Oh shit, I hope they get Otsuki Kenji to do the OP again.
Came here to post this. The 2 openings for Ushio and Tora were the shit.

FUCK YEAH

Fujita´s style is really great.

I actually hope they will rush Masaru arc lions and circus shit, so we can get all good stuff earlier.

Yeah, most of it was boring, but I liked stuff like the little show they did with Shirogane as an ikemen or the stuff with the grandpa that left the circus.

God, I just hope they have the budget for 43 volumes to do it justice.

>skipping circus goodness
Go away

Same. I want a metal OP again.

>not wanting the circus
It's called Karakuri CIRCUS, You can't cut that out plus I like the circus crew.

It was boring as fuck compared to next events with Narumi.

>27 | they/them | fangirl, complainer, hateful sjw
Yup, it all checks out

but it's important to later events

>woman
I'm honestly not surprised

>It was boring as fuck compared to next events with Narumi.
Not as high stakes and less fights sure. But not boring by itself. And it's important for Masaru and shirogane

I honestly liked Ushio to Tora anime, but the manga was better.
God why people hate shounen again, it is pretty fun