What ruined Tokyo Ghoul?

The characters and plots are still there, but the hype and excitement is completely gone for dozens of chapters.

It's boring now. It's run its course; kaneki has been "killed" twice and it was a cop out. The whole tragedy and despair thing is just meaningless if nobody important actually dies

Furuta became a gary stu PRIMARY antagonist, and pushed Arima and Eto out of the story.

how is furuta a gary stu? hes a complete nutjob and has unrequired love for rize

Basically. Ishida Sui was really good at making cliff hangers, but at some point in :re, the payoffs started to become weaker (most likely after the Tsukiyama arc)
My biggest gripe would be Kaneki's development - the first series was really good at this, because Kaneki's 'rebirth' had a huge impact on the development of the story and the decisions Kaneki made.
:re was also good at this to an extent, but again, after the Tsukiyama arc, it was shit (specifically, after Arima dies). From then on, Kaneki's 'rebirths' feel more like stepping forward and back tracking.

Rize is barely a character and more of a reference, she's had like less than 4 chapters worth of screen time tops.

Name 1 thing that Furuta didn't get his way with?

rize

Because telling a coherent story is less important than prolonging it with needless bullshit in order to milk as much money as possible. Most manga is like this.

>part of every major organization in the story including the washuus and being the jumpstart in kaneki's tragedy
>got away with almost everything even getting caught by the ccg was a small pushover for him
>had a hand in every complex plot and his obscure plans succeed in the end
>smug even when things don't go his way in utmost edgy fashion
>everyone but him somehow stupefies around him in order for his plans to succeed

tokyo ghoul probably became like this at one point. before :re, it never ever felt drawn out.

Had Tokyo ghoul ever been good?
It's just a bunch of edgy gabage.

He literally got her rezz'ed in the end. How did Rize end up being inside Kaneki is anyone's guess. How did Furuta know where she would be and when? No clue either.

if you remember Sup Forums during the original tokyo ghoul, it was very hype

The first story had a great sense of horror that turns into a character developing story about a man's psyche struggle through a species war with a mix of neo noir and Monster Hunter mixed in. After Kaneki's sudden death and the intial reactions, people were confused to the sudden ending and had to justify with MUH TAROTS or hidden meanings behind each image like it was a scavenger hunt. :re loses most of it and tries to become a multi-perspective based story on new characters and the old cast slowly dies off literally and figuratively from the background. The reason why :re gets most of it's flake is because it has lost it's aesthetic touch for sheer memery.

i wouldnt say this story was about cliffhangers. it had a lot more going for it.

Changing Touka's cute hairstyle back to her pre-Re trash hairtstyle.

I quite liked how the original interchanged between Ghoul and police drama, it was a well paced story that never felt dragged out at any stage.

Ghouls

>Too Edgy
>Forced tragedy.
>Emo mainchar who jobs everytime.
>Garbage heroine who exists for no purpose beside having sex with the mainchar.
>too many side characters with no development.

The author

>V is a global organization.
>Furuta: Now I have Victor of my side so now I control V.
>If you control Victor you control V too
>Is Victor the lord and controller of the world?

yes

Tokyo Ghoul suffers from same formula every other series similar to it which is Dragon Ball syndrom, aka more must be better.

It series that started as simple. There are maneating monsters who possess extra limb called kagune. There are four types of it and they worked as paper-scissor. Thing such as Chimera was considered beyond rare and only few were possessing kakuja as acquiring it wouldn't be good for your mental state. Not to mention that manga was story focused primarily and battles actually meant something. We saw story from protagonist's point of view, getting little focus on those around him but primarily MC was MC of story. That was Tokyo Ghoul in past.
Now (Dragon Ball syndrome) there isn't limit to anything. Everything comes out of characters's asses at required moment in order to make them more "impressive." Worst part about this thing is that this sequel loves throwing in random fights as much as possible. Story is now at minimum percent while other percent is filled with random battle which shall equal in new asspull that folks of Sup Forums shall meme about.
Speaking of memes, you don't even have to bother with creating one as manga literally delivers you those at your doorstop. There is zero tension as results are too predictable. "Swallowing without chewing" is still No.1 winner of most ebin attempt at trying to make tension. Cliffhangers couldn't be shittier and instead of making you hype for next chapter it only manages to make you roll your eyes and it is always wait game when will next chapter come in hope that something actually happens then. Characters now are all bland and they get categorized in team "friends" or team "enemy" when back in past morality focused on being grey. Motivations of team "friends" is beyond uninteresting as it comes down to sucking MC's dick in some way while team "enemy" is shafted to make team "friends" shine but they all get shafted to make Furuturd Stu shine.

Shortly put: Author is what ruined the series.

Brainlet will tell you Furuta was the problem
Smart Vancouvers will tell you Furuta SAVED the series and it would have been long dead without him
What killed the series was Ishida's way of handling Kaneki.

It simply happens when you stretch out a story for the sake of money.

Touka ruined everything

furuta started out as no more than a sidekick investigator

i wonder whether his role, at this scope, was planned from the start

1. The lack of hiatus and the conclusion of the script made before of begin with the publication of the manga, Ishida hasn't time neither the capacity to keep writing dialogues, scenes, complete his ideas, etc with the time available to him.

2. Another cause is that he is trying to keep his audience happy so he can't kill any characters because they are all likeable or loved for the fans (still you can see where these characters was supposed to die since they are completely discarded of the main plot), he decided go more "friendly" with his manga and that's why we have all this ridiculously happy circumstances lately.

3.He deleted many plots and dropped others, then, the symbolism became useless and unnecessary since the author doesn't make anything with them and the audience feels stupid because they were trying to "decipher" the symbolism and it isn't important at all.

4.The story is completely boring and the resolutions are stupid if you take in count the depth of the circumstances previous to the resolutions and it's obvious that it's completely improvised.

netflix

Speedreader, reread part 1

No, everything is still there. You're just throwing a fucking tantrum because things didn't turn out the way you wanted them to.

He was around since part1 and got his first proper appearance when Touka met him on the campus. Ishida definitely wanted him to be a huge character revolving around the clowns, Rize etc. but it feels like he escalated the character too much because he ran out of ideas and pretty much shoved everything onto him so that he can play the bad guy for God knows how long.

>rize

>Furuta talking to Ui: The chance of this happening is 0.0001% I don't need to say that it's practically impossible.

A few chapters later...

>Furuta: My Rize is alive... just like I planned it.

I don't know if he is a Gary Stu but he is completely inconsistent, but in his defense all the manga and the characters are like this lately.

Partially I guess. You can blame her of the horrid conclusion of Akira's arc, it was like "Look your father was a good person only for you but he was a jerk with everyone else and I don't need to ask you forgiveness, now hug the killer of your dad and accept that the ghouls are based even when you defeat me in the moral combat". The story claims that the revenge is bad but Touka commit revenge and she doesn't suffer consequences for it.

At the same time Touka ruined Ayato's plot because it seems like his plot and purpose for him in this manga was assume the identity of "Rabbit" to die for the sins of his sister in her place in order to keep her safe (this is probably the reason behind his crush in Hinami, so he can die for both of them).

The last time I asked "why was Eto necessary for the plot?" but another character that deserve the same question is Touka, I think that the reason because she keeps appearing in the manga is because she is popular but Ishida never had a plot for her even in the first Tokyo Ghoul, after the first birth of Kaneki she became unnecessary and after that... well she kept being unnecessary because she never do nothing.

good post

so basically it became naruto 2.0, a mere crowdpleaser?

For a series about people eating people there's hardly any gore.

>" but another character that deserve the same question is Touka

she managed to get pregnant from MC, thats the highest achievement for a female in a shonen manga

>Partially I guess. You can blame her of the horrid conclusion of Akira's arc, it was like "Look your father was a good person only for you but he was a jerk with everyone else and I don't need to ask you forgiveness, now hug the killer of your dad and accept that the ghouls are based even when you defeat me in the moral combat". The story claims that the revenge is bad but Touka commit revenge and she doesn't suffer consequences for it.
She didn't try to justify any of it. She just claims that her and Akira are similar because they've lost their fathers due to revenge and she's somehow better off because she got over her revenge and her father's death while Akira is haunted by her parents that led to becoming a fanatic workaholic like her father.

But Touka really has no place in the story since her plot points are resolved and only needs to be the romantic interest of the MC but she doesn't or couldn't take a proactive role in the story's themes or help Kaneki with the OEK agenda. Most of her focal point in the first story was about the humane view on ghoul perspective but that has sparse over to other ghouls like Tsukiyama family, Torso and even Nutcracker did a mediocre job affecting other characters while Touka sat on a cafe on standby. Until Ishida has a reason to pull her back in the story which was be a convenient save sweep ghouls from the old cast to stay relevant.

He isn't in the part 1, in part 1 we have Souta and this character isn't the same character than Furuta, Souta is just a random faceless clown without identity, he will probably be someone in the future or a complete unknown anyway that isn't important at all what is important in part 1 is that he serves as an indicative of "Clowns" as a group in a concrete scene. He probably didn't have nothing to do with Rize at a personal level and she ask "Why?" because she doesn't understand "why would Clowns kill her?" she was more likely linked to that group.

Then we can't assume that Furuta was planned from the begin as a character and Souta's secret identity.

Ishida planned the Furuta plot originally like a traitor of CCG, that filters information of this organization to help ghouls for whatever reason, but I doubt that his plot was destined to be SO big and it was lengthened for the sake of a new main villain later (it's the same with his relationship with Rize). But Eto was clearly supposed to be "the minor of the evils" because she was supposed to be redeemed since the very beginning, even so I can't claim that Furuta was destined to take the role of main villain.

>He isn't in the part 1, in part 1 we have Souta
Speedreader, he is in part 1 as Furuta, before the Anteiku Raid arc, not gonna spoonfeed you the chapter though

Who cares about it?

Being important is highest achievement for a female in a shonen manga and TG had many important female characters and Touka isn't one of them.

ghouls

>She didn't try to justify any of it. She just claims that her and Akira are similar because they've lost their fathers due to revenge and she's somehow better off because she got over her revenge and her father's death while Akira is haunted by her parents that led to becoming a fanatic workaholic like her father.

The main difference is that in the case of Akira, Touka is the person who kill her father instead of a random soldier, but this is just a logic error of the author (what Ishida doesn't understand is that his characters don't need to have the moral flag). Akira isn't a fanatic she is completely reasonable person who understand that Ghouls are a danger for the human beings and since she lost her family for these monsters she decided fight them to prevent other of suffer the same destiny. But if Touka was so mature as she pretend be then she should understand that now that she took revenge (and she didn't justify it) it depends of Akira decide take revenge or not of her. I think that's the part that I hate most of this scene, when Touka explains her point of view she is always acting like "The mature person" looking down to Akira as if she was "immature", at least this is the perspective of the scene.

>But Touka really has no place in the story since her plot points are resolved

The weird part about Touka is that she never had any kind of plot point in the story (except for Akira's story since Ayato is part of this story) so she hasn't anything to work with and that's the reason because she never took a part in the main story of the first part after the conclusion of the mm... let's call it the "tutorial".

>characters while Touka sat on a cafe on standby.

You know this is probably what killed her like a main character. In fact the most part of the old cast is still useless in Re: they are here for the sake of Nostalgiafags

That's just a random student whose face was used later to create the impression that he was planned from the beginning. There is not reason to think that his plot or character was planned from the beginning.

Yeah basically, and there will be even more reasons behind of his conversion and I can just speculate the most part of them, but he dropped many of his original ideas to make so and that's very sad because his original sketch for this story was fairly better.

your pic related ruined it

Fuck off retard

touka barely matters for the main story, shes just MCs cock sleeve and incubator

What's up user? Your tumblr mode is on?

Not him, but being honest she contribute to it... greatly.

>Aogiri Tree jobbing hard
>Clowns jobbing
>V jobbing
>CCG being buttbuddies with ghouls just because.
>Orca vs Arima was fucking balls to the wall underwhelming as fuck.
>Kaneki after being built up as this mythical dragon ghoul, and then getting the offscreen jobbing.
>The art is a scribbled mess
>Asspulls left and right for no apparent reason
>Mutsuki
The prequel built everything up so nicely and then RE came along and raped everything with a vengeance.

Everything after Tsukiyama Extermination Arc, including the "death" of Haise, was a fucking mistake.

the opening

It seems like V wasn't important after all because they haven't do anything except follow to Furuta.

>If you control Victor you control the world!

>It seems like V wasn't important after all because they haven't do anything except follow to Furuta.

That applies to everyone in this rotten mango.

GUUUUUUUUYYSSSSS???
Ishidaaaaaaa drew this

the latter half of the tsukiyama extermination was the only good part about :re

When the initial arc ended and the government has literally done nothing about easy to detect flesh-eating monsters.

Let's say that you (all the anons) are Ishida and you are in the moment where the manga became Trash. How could you prevent the manga of become trash? What do you think that you need to do to save the manga?

I can almost hear the rumblr whales salivating over it.

I can't say that I like it but what's wrong with that?

>rumblr

lel

Happy to make you LOL!

This fuckin cunt

^

Can't wait to see Ishida ruin her as well... oh wait! He already did.

>offscreened by a fucking meme
ISHITAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

She used to be so perfect as a character and as a Boss/Big monster.

IMO, one of the problems in re is that feels like it's written for a different audience. Especificaly, the plot and characters of re seems pandering to the tumblr crowd.

You mean Talker's evil twin?

He can always ruin her more user. Something like "Oh Touka you are so smart, mature and admirable, now I understand why Kaneki chose you, it's not that I would like date with him my previous actions and dialogues were completely misunderstood lol :3", in the next page she is drinking a soda with Akira who completely forgot that she killed her mother.

My biggest problem is the major tone shift with furuta, also ishida can't just let deaths be. Ishida doesnt kill off many characters in the first place which is fine because killing off many characters isn't anything impressive, especially characters with more to offer. but when you bring back all characters who die it becomes cheap especially if it happens to shirazu who had an amazing death. And what was the point of koma and irimi coming back? Either way i still enjoy tg and much more than any other series out there.

This is the best volume cover since volume 5. And i dont even like potato.

Hooo, boi! Dem superior Washuu genes.

It's unironically quite boring. Evey single theory whether good or bad was completely wrong. Why? Because there's literally NOTHING deeper going on in Tokyo Ghoul.

Nah, it was because he changed the plot of the manga.

Everything has become really over the top and insignificant. Also many important characters with a compelling story were simply killed off or dealt with in an extremely unsatisfactory way.

TG was mainly about Kaneki and his struggle with being an orphan, becoming a ghoul, etc. At that point the series actually felt like a seinen. Many characters and plot details were still shrouded in mystery which made it very interesting. Also kagune were much less over the top and ridiculous. Kaneki's 4 Rinkaku tentacle things were enough to be considered unique. Now every ghoul has some ridiculous OP kagune.

Also almost no significant characters ever die. Hide dies? Nah. Anteiku staff dies? Nah. A quinx dies? Nah. Amon dies? Nah. The only characters Ishida apparently actually kills of are interesting ones from the previous manga like Shachi, Eto, Tatara, Noro, Arima.

Eto isn't dead but I'm not looking up to her reappearance. I ask myself why Ishida can't kill any character even if they are REALLY secondary? Is it because they are all popular?

There is a thing that I hate about the kagune now, it's confusing, originally we had 4 kind of kagune and kakuja which is weird and is kinda like the fusion of the other 4 kinds of kagune but since this shit about imagination began kagunes are just whatever you want the power level is crazy and the kinds of kagune and how they work is weird.

Touka saved the manga.

*ruined

But TG is a seinen lol

>those retarded eyes
LMAO!

That's true but we was talking about the highest achievement for a female character in a shonen manga.

But if we talk about TG we can consider it like Terraformars a shonen with a lot of gore to be considered a shonen.

the fujoshit menace will not stop until all manga become garbage

Are the washuus Jews?

With everyone turning into ghouls, will daddy Shinohara come back?

No they are the royals of Shingeki No Kyojin. They have the power of the king between them.

Oh yeah Shinohara is still alive... I never understood why the author decided put him in coma instead of directly kill him.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I love Kaneki.

Sand Niggers actually.

He did it so Furuta would have leverage to manipulate Suzuya, because the funny meme clown knows how to get into everyone's head and plays 4D chess against himself

What is wrong with her eyes? She looks absolutely retarded.

>t. Eto

please come back

Like a porn actress after a day of hard work.

Hurr durr eyes are beyond fitting for her and anything related to her as she and all regarding her is RETARDED! Always was. Even before potato part,she was absolute mental retard.

Because it is Naruto Shippuden now.

He badly fucked up the "one-eyed-king" arc.

Everything Kaneki did that arc was utterly irrelevant, like what the fuck was the point of having touka's brother scout out the underground city thing? What exactly was Kaneki trying to accomplish by running around like an asshole collecting quinques?

It should have been the best arc of the series when instead it was utter shit. All I feel for the characters now is apathy mixed with boredom. I read the new chapters, but that's really only because I'm too invested now to stop.

>I read the new chapters, but that's really only because I'm too invested now to stop.
I never understood why people would do this and not just drop it, but I'm slowly getting that exact sentiment, too.