I didn't realize this was such a debate It seems like a total stomp for jotaro

I didn't realize this was such a debate It seems like a total stomp for jotaro

kenshiro musou tensei makes this a walk in the park.

how would kenshiro even be able to hit jotaro while star platinum is acting as an auto defense?

Jotaro can stop time. Also can move faster than any other character in HnK

Jotaro a shit. It's like comparing nu shonen mcs like Deku and Asta to based Goku.

Jojo is from the same time frame as dragonball

Are we talking both at their peak? Then the time stop of Star Platinum is definitely a big advantage, however I question if he can kill Kenshiro within the span of 10 seconds. Ultimately though Ken will probably win for two reasons: Hokuto Shinken is an assassination art that will possibly kill Jotaro before he's even aware, and even if it's an all out brawl Kenshiro is so powerful by the end of HnK2 that he can stop a train by looking at it. Honestly Ken won't even have to go Musou Tensei, he can probably just outright kill Jotaro using Tenha Kassatsu from several meters away like he did to Souther.

if you assume jotaro can stop time and isn't fucking around, he'd just cut kenshiro's head off instantly

Time stop is pretty much an invincible power sans major asspulls or some kind of reality warping

Musou Tensei is a 'lolkenshirowins' button. So I'd say Kebshiro, Hokuto Shinken is some seriously broken shit.

Kenshiro's body can resist a fucking lot. I question what Jotaro can do during the stopped time to kill him.

You say this but it lost to Kaioh. Also Raoh's Musou Tensei is stronger than Kenshiro's but Raoh had already accepted his death at that point.

do what dio did, stop time- grab a sharp object and swing it really hard

or just punch him a whole lot- its not like star platinum's a slouch in that aspect

Literally depends on who moves first.

>Jotaro: Stops time, full-power ORAS to the face, Star Platinum is pretty fucking strong so I'd say he has a good chance of being able to blast Kenshiro's head off not holding back

>Kenshiro: Musou Tensei, at that point the fight is pretty much over. Without Time Stop Jotaro has to land multiple hits to win, Kenshiro arguably needs a well-placed ONE.

you haven't watched hokuto haven't you

>tmw HOKUTO SHINKEN OGI

So it's basically rapidfire punch quickdraw?

I feel like both of them would repeatedly pull bullshit out of their ass to turn the battle.

Jojo has as illogical and inconsistent power scaling as DBZ.
>Star Platinum does a million punches
>But everyone survives it

>Bullets, sustained infected puncture wounds, and explosions are endurable
>But normal blunt injuries and fall damage are a complete terror when they can just brace the ground with their stand

>Dio regens from just a crow
>Dio in reality just needed to be punched really really hard

Except marital artists in HnK are incredibly durable and sharp weapons prove to be ineffectual or only breaking their skin rather than cutting deep (let's also not forget this didn't work on Jotaro even when he couldn't do anything in stopped time). Further you have that unlike Dio all Jotaro has access to for sharp objects is what's around him and shit like a stop sign will work as well as when they smash rebar and steel beams against him, they are just gonna break/bend. Considering he can survive strikes from Rei that can cut anything or take the punches of Raoh, I don't feasibly see anything that he can do to kill Kenshiro.

The only thing that can kill Kenshiro is another martial artist of his caliber who possesses a North or South star style.

like most death battles

Dio died because he got punched in the soul rather than punched in the body. Ain't no way to regenerate that.

>hi, I'm new to anime, do you guys accept me yet?

>Star Platinum is pretty fucking strong so I'd say he has a good chance of being able to blast Kenshiro's head off not holding back
Do you know how powerful Raoh or Kaioh are?

yeah some times jotaro will let out a full ora barrage a page long and it will just send them to the hospital at most but then in is fight with dio one punch is enough to fuck him up completely, I guess you could say he was just holding back against those other guys but its still weird

jotaro could reach inside his body and pop his heart or scramble his brains if you want to argue hes to durable

he needs to concentrate heavily to do that

he could freeze time and do it if he needs to focus

That took several seconds to achieve the shrink down, a ton of concentration which he was already using all of to do the time stop (which he was bad at), and he's never done it past the first like two times he did it. I seriously doubt he could do that and not to mention it took a long time for the tiny stands to travel and it would leave Jotaro defenseless so the second time stops he will die instantly.

So? HnK is even older. In fact, Jotaro (Part 3) didn't came out until much later, and it even changed the based Hamon to faggy stand system.

he doesn't have to shrink star platinum to do it, he can just freely reach inside

Not as powerful as Stands.

stopping time can be canceled , jotaro did it himself

>Based
Never mind the Sup Forums tier ironic wigger speak, it was stupider and just a ripoff of Hokuto Shinken with none of the asspull fun.

with another time stop.....
The better question is could amy of them beat this faggot whitout a volcano?
>pic related

ken could hurt him , but he is not a human so he can't be killed

People will pick Jojo just because it's popular meme show.

You heavily underestimate star platinum.

Both are meme shows

point one caracter that can beat him one on one to the death,no launching him in space and just leaving him there since that would just make him another civilizations problem

Eh I can see now that this debate is really stupid and only kept alive by stubborn FOTNS fans that refuse to admit kenshiro would lose. It's disappointing to see that these kinds of people exist in the fan base of such a great series. As far as I can see Kenshiro doesn't have any options against stands let alone the time stop. this fight is like duel but jotaro is wearing a bullet proof vest and has a robot arm guiding his aim

Not to mention you have Dio punch a hole through Kakyoin, but Jotaro can tank a few iirc. Jotaro could also break some diamonds in part 3, but somehow struggled quite a lot afterwards. Part 4 could've ended a lot sooner after he used Sheer Heart Attack for the first time if they punched him like Jotaro etc. did in part 3

Anyone who can apply some sort of supernatural instant death effect, like Tohno Shiki or Tir McDohl.

No one. you probably haven't even seen half the shit he's done

Avdols stand made fire hot enough to completely destroy steel before it could hit him, so his shit is way hotter than the volcano that almost killed Cars.

Gee, it's almost as if Jojo is DBZ-tier schlock that shouldn't be taken even remotely seriously.

You have never read or watched HnK. Hokuto Shinken users have punched down buildings in single blows, Kenshiro stopped a train by looking at it, Kaioh is so powerful that the strength of his aura fucking inverts gravity, etc. Nothing Star Platinum has done is on the level of the Hokuto brothers' strengths.

and how does someone go about apluing that while fighthing somethig that keeps evolving while the fight goes on,im sure kars could even evolve organs needed to use magick if he sees someone using it,there just is no beating him in a no plot armour match sonce his gimmick is wat you you can do so can he,but better

>instant death
>giving someone the chance to adapt as the fight goes on
user

user pls

Does anybody have a good gif of Hyou using that move on Ken? That shit was hilarious.

You shouldn't take it too seriously yes, but it's pretty consistent during each part, not between parts

You are underestimating Kenshiro and over estimating Star Platinum.

Because you are over estimating stands which don't display the strength of HnK martial artist, can be hit by people and objects who can't see them, and still doesn't have much to protect him from Kenshiro. For a simple punching stand like Star Platinum who can only change its size and stop time (a maximum limit of 10 seconds because Jotaro is so bad at it that when he wasn't using it continuously he could only stop time for 1-3 seconds in Stone Ocean). You are severely overestimating the strength of Star Platinum.

I never read the book, how does he actually steal stands? The summary I read made it sound like he just talks to your stand and it decides to hang out with him instead, but it can't be that amazing.

Jotaro destroyed multiple, car-sized diamonds in seconds. Jotaro has the power to stop time and attack Ken while he's helpless.

If you're going to say that Ken is at maximum strength, then Jotaro has to be at maximum strength too. Ken does not have anything to counter time-stop with.

Diamonds aren't hard to break, they're hard to scratch. You yourself could break diamonds with just a hammer.

dio was just a vampire and he regenerated from a crow,we are talkig about something that before becoming the perfect lifeform was nearly unkillable so idk if wat kills humand and other LIFEFORMS would worck on the perfect one

Do you not understand what the words 'instant' and 'death' mean, or how they interact when placed next to each other?

Kenshiro has fought and killed men so powerful that their punches literally fired lasers of pure force, and has killed men so strong that their movements affected the weather. I'm fine with saying them both in top performance but at his best Jotaro could stop time for 10 seconds then wait several minutes. It's not impossible that he could mortally wound Kenshiro in the 10 second time stop, but I can't feasibly think of him being able to do anything other than hurt him not kill him. You also forget that Jotaro has zero idea how Hokuto Shinken works or what it's capable of so Kenshiro has just as much of a surprise factor that Jotaro has.

If Jotaro cannot kill Kenshiro in the first time stop he will die, and Kenshiro has been trapped in a point blank fight with Raoh (Raoh stabbed a sword through both of their feet so they couldn't move) and survived several point blank attacks that were full force from Raoh whom even Kaioh recognized as the strongest man in the world.

I'm pretty sure that diamonds the size of cars explicitly made to be tough would be difficult to break, user.

Cars is the perfect natural being, but the true runes trump that. The soul eater rune just kills you, period. It doesn't make you sick, or hit you with a beam. There's nothing to resist or dodge, it just kills you.

This.

It's pretty much rocket tag. It all comes down to whether or not Jotaro is capable of killing a completely helpless Kenshiro, one of the toughest men to ever live, in five seconds of stopped time...and believe it or not, that's not a surefire thing.

and who has fast acting instant death attacks that cant be observed in any way?

Jotaro wins, easy. Just stop time and win

If you were going to make something hard to break, you wouldn't make giant diamonds. Making them bigger wouldn't make them tougher. The less dense type of diamonds are actually a little tougher, but they're still nothing compared to any engineering material.

hes one of the most overpowered character based on 2 things. He can never die because he just adapts to whatever tries to kill him and He can learn how to do anything and become the best at it. These things are taken to the extreme as he is erased and just comes back from it. When he copies abilities he upgrades them in absurd ways like D4C ultimate being able to make universes.

Also yeah can steal stands, instead of just copying killer queen he convinces it to come with him and upgrades it so it can activate bites the dust at any time and go as far back in time as he wants, he does this to simply to fuck with Kira

the questiom is if kars even has a soul and how fast it does it

Was his max frozen time only 5 seconds? It's been a while since I read Stardust Crusaders, but if that's the case I have even less faith that he can devise some way to kill Kenshiro in that time.

What can Jotaro do in the stopped time to kill Kenshiro?

Jotaro wins because Star Platinum can prevent Kenshiro from getting within striking distance and only other stands can hurt stands.

Isn't Start Platinum explicitly said to be faster than light or something? So I mean if what they say about him is true he wins, but based just on what he does in the series, Kenshiro would win.

How is it going to stop him?

>only other stands can hurt stands.
Source: your ass. Stands get hurt by mundane objects all the time which in turn hurts the user.

I think you've got the wrong idea and I don't think you've read jojo, I don't see how the shrinking is relevant and jotaro only ever stopped time for 5 seconds at max

SP has the "potential" to be faster than light, but is limited by Jotaro himself, hence why he jobs to things he should ostensibly see coming from a mile away even with the hyper enhanced senses and shit, like Dio knives.

leave the conversation dude, you've clearly never read jojo thats one of the rules set up at the very start of part 3 and are just wanking

Time stop?

I read JoJo like 10 years ago so my memory is sightly fuzzy about the specifics of his time stop. I brought up the shrinking because the person I was responding to did, unless they mean just him using the finger which bullshit that's going to do anything to Kenshiro.

Musou Tensei is the state of being nothing so you can't hurt him, states are persistent in time stop, it's why Dio was afraid to touch Joseph's Hermit Purple when it has the ripple going through it even during the time stop.

Jotaro has 200 iq. Smart > super speed.

Stardust Crusaders Jotaro is basically retarded. The whole team is. They're the least suspicious people I've ever seen. He only became a super genius rat trivia master in part 4.

I've read literally everything and have been for years. Stands have been hurt by fucking all sorts of shit and even if something gets stated in one part doesn't mean that's law because Araki is often inconsistent about what anything can do (remember when stands were tied into Hamon?). But let's say you are right and it zones him out somehow and Kenshiro cannot close the distance, you prove that YOU have never seen HnK because Hokuto Shinken can kill people from a distance even greater than Star Platinum's limited range.

You're parading that you haven't read JoJo. Stands only being hurt by stands is one of the most important and central rules of them, Kenshiro literally would not be able to touch one, let alone hurt it. Jotaro himself is completely vulnerable.

Probably not faster than light, but extremely fast.

It regularly does shit that a human being would not be able to counter, like deflecting/catching bullets, so I'm not sure if this holds much water. It also has some degree of autonomy, restarting Jotaro's heart while he was unconscious. Pretty sure DIO's knives was simply because it had a strictly limited window in which to move and a strictly limited range, which it used up.

Provide one example of a stand (a normal stand, not one that's bound to an object/person) being 'hurt by fucking all sorts of shit'.

1. no they haven't
2. thats word of god so it doesn't matter

if a character in a piece of media shows themself doing something that would give them the feat of 100,000 ton lifting strength but later have trouble lifting something and say " this thing must weight 100 tons I cant lift that" then the official amount of weight they can lift is under 100 tons

These rules are spit on constantly in every series

Fairly certain we see glass, rocks, road rollers, stop signs, various objects getting thrown at and hurting stands but I'll accept that they "can't be hurt by not stands". But if this is true you have four issues to deal with here: Kenshiro is far stronger than the stand so it cannot restrict his movement, his strikes will either phase through the stand or hit against the stand taking the force of his blows, even if it's somehow resistant to that Jotaro will still feel the shock waves because force isn't nullified and him hitting something I'm the way will still create shock waves and/or air pressure, and finally nothing you have said can defend Jotaro from kenshiro's ranged attacks like Tenha Kassatsu.

>2. thats word of god so it doesn't matter

Death of the Author.

Stands themselves can’t touch non stand users so all you have to worry about is the time stop since that can affect non stand users. Even in the stopped time though, Jotaro cant do enough damage to Kenshiro to win.

No.

Glass, rocks, road rollers, stop signs and various objects weren't aimed at stands - they were aimed at the stands USERS. There is specifically a plot-point in 4 where Jotaro is injured by a poisonous bullet shot by a stand, because he caught it with his own stand since this would render any normal projectile harmless - the poison effected Jotaro's stand because, as stated and shown, only stands can effect other stands.

You could have accepted that you were wrong with grace instead of trying to shift the goalposts.

Fine, I'll accept I'm wrong. Now please explain how any of this is going to stop the 4 points I made.

>Stands themselves can’t touch non stand users
This is absolute nonsense too. In the second fucking fight after stands were introduced, one of them went inside a womans body and possessed her. In the third fight in the series, another stand killed multiple people by ripping out their tongues, and like two fights after that another stand held a little girl hostage while she freaked out because she didn't know what was holding her.

Why do people who obviously haven't read one of the stories in question think that their opinion is in any way valuable here?

I never said Jotaro would win, user.

Fair enough.

You forget that this is anime and in anime hard=durable

Plus it was said that the teeth were hard as diaminds . not that they were so they might not have had cleavage like diamonds

Whose universe are they in? If they're in the JoJo universe, Kenshiro would probably have some kind of stand too. If they're in the Hokuto universe then Jotaro doesn't even have a goofy astrologically defined role in the fate of everything, so he'd definitely lose against the stars' favorite guy. He might as well be a taizan guy.

If you're bringing meta stuff like that in, shouldn't they have to have some sort of reason to fight, as this would heavily effect the outcome just as much? Honestly, I imagine they'd both be friends if they met.

I mean I'm sure if Jotaro met Yuria he'd fall in love with her just like literally everybody else except Jagi did. They could just fight over that.

>stopping time can be canceled
only by other time manipulators

HnK has been meme'd in muttland since the fucking 80s alongside speedracer.

Jotaro has the advantage with his stand and time stop he has also fought more dangerous and varied enemies than Kenshiro many of which also kill by a single touch so he should win

jotaro punched the WARUDO out of dio

You have never read or seen HnK

Who win out of Jonathon and Kenshiro?

Kenshiro