Junji Ito

Those fucking mad men actually animated this.

Did Dance Dance Revolution show up yet?

I'm gonna be fucking sick.

shit production levels probably buy you the freedom to animate something like this. I'm... fine with that.

I wish they'd chosen Mold for the second story of the episode. Would've made it gloriously disgusting.

Not gonna happen.

I laughed

he doesn't even look mad

It's hard getting mad when you're already dead.

Yuck

Did the baloon story in the anime?

not yet.

But wasn't everyone saying they wouldn't animate this one because it's not part of the collection?

This is why you need proper ventilation.

Fuck, my throat feels weird watching this.

Too bad about the budget.Could've been a nastier scene.

I think what was lacking were really gross sound effects. They could have pushed things much further just by adding the appropriate squishy, squeezy SFX.

>osode-chaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan
Dat reverb effect.

We ganges now.

Fuck man

Mmmm string cheese

Bridge story was a bit spooky but still pic related and probably most of junji ito story anyway but I guess anyone still around in the thread knew it by now.

This anime really doesn't deserve to have the amazing OP is has.

Place your bets on the next episode

She's cute, I wouldn't mind shooting my goo at her face if you know what I mean.

this budget craze is slowing killing anime for me

I'm not saying the series is a total shit but a better animation and art for that scene is much appreciated. I understand that its no use if you have the budget and skill but shit on the product with retarded filter like that one series airing this season.

the art is pretty fucking bad and there's hardly any animation

Nice of them to remind us to stick to the source material instead

That looks fucking terrible

>they didn't animate it going into her mouth
dropped

OP, wtf is that

Why did studio dean have to do this

Fuck man

uzumaki?

I laughed, was this intentionally supposed to be funny? I can't tell half the time in junji ito if he's trying to make things scary or just right out taking the piss

someone saw pupa and knew that they were the right people to do junji ito justice

i imagine he just saw some tall guy sailing down a stream under a bridge one day and was like "heh, wouldnt it be funny if..." and then drew it

Scarecrow and Maptown if going by numbers but I bet they'll be wrong again.

I think Junji Ito does try to have fun with his stories. The ice cream van one was eerie but the ending had me laughing out loud with how silly it was. Seeing as how the story with the dad stuck underneath the house is entirely just to be a play on words, and his Cat Diary manga exists, I think he purposely toes the line between eerie and hilarious on purpose.

Hanging Balloons and Unbearable Maze.
For the last episode another Souichi story and a shit to remember.

Additionally: I wish they'd adapt Mold and maybe either the will or long hair in the attic.

I had lunch and after went to watching it. I'm about to throw up.

will this get a second season? no matter what they do with the remaining episodes, there are still to many great stories left unadapted

i hope not, this has been shit

I hope it gets a second season by a different studio.

I find it infinitely preferable to the GYO anime from a few years ago and also better than most live-action Ito adaptations.

>mfw I had lunch during the episode

No way.

How's anime doing so far

disappointment of the season

At least Tomie is cute

are there any tomie selfcest doujins

I haven't watched all Tomie movies but the best one in my opinion was long dream - and that still wasn't very good.

At least it adapted a ton of oneshots instead of dry dragged out shit like Souichi and Tomie.

>implying Tomie would do that

Looks like pasta

my boner says they would hatefuck each other if they were horny enough

Wouldn't you rather have them hatefuck you to try to get your attention?

She is so fucking beautiful

Please stay away from my wife, creep

The girl in Uzumaki was prettier.

She sure had nice spirals.

She's my wife, don't even try to talk to her, motherfucker.

She's MY wife, you dirty cretin. Don't delude yourself into thinking she would love you

>no "craterface is erupting, baby"
One job, CrumblyWheel.

When's the next souichi episode

So is it safe to say we're not getting all of the stories from this art adapted? The last few episodes all had stories from it so I figured they'd all show up, but neither Glyceride or the Bridge is on it and I still count like 7 or 8 we haven't seen yet. RIP Hanging Balloons?

Good job fucking up the title too.

>literally rain of pus dripping onto her face
>she has her mouth and eyes wide open

This is too stupid to be scary.

ANN praised the Tomie episode even though it's the same hack job as the other episodes. Tomie confirmed for a feminist role model.

just receive Uzumaki and Tomie today hope i wont be disapointed

There's none of the sense of panic here that you get in the original panels because they pulled back too much.

This is fucking downright claustrophobic. The grease is only coming from a small spot, but it's face the face, and the page is 80% covered in his stringy pus raining down. The panels are all long and narrow. You feel like she can't even move her head with how confined the layout of the page is.

Now I understand it's difficult to directly translate this feeling from a set of three panels into an animated scene. But animation has its own tricks and tools it can use to create that sense of panic. However they just ignored all those and tried to 1:1 redraw the panels in a completely different format and just still pan through most of it, like that's sufficient. But it's weak, and it's lazy.

I dropped this shit on like episode 3 when it became clear that nobody in any position of importance in this project was interested in translating the appeal of Ito's work into another medium. It's just another slideshow anime.

You are an asian wannabe writing all day on a thailandese woodcarving chatroom do you really believe MY perfect Tomie would even notice you?

Imagine having 100 zits on your face and then popping them all at once at the puss covers a terrified girls face.

But what was the context of this? Does he rape or anything?

WTF this is just someone ripping the panels and adding color and shakycam

He's her sadistic brother punsihing her for thinking he's disgusting.

>hates women
>seeks attention from men
>flaunts how hot she is constantly
>extremely materialist
>seduces young boys
>is physically rather weak
>manipulative and bitchy
>feminist role model
I don't understand their logic

>Souichi's birthday
>Mold
>Hanging balloons
>Gravetown
>The smoking club
>Flesh-coloured horror

Man. I really wish they'd show Mold.

>guriseRIdo
>greased
How do you even make a fuck-up like that?

She's what they want to be but they can't.

Seems like they based their tranlation on the official western release from the Shiver hardcover, in which it's called "Greased Oil" and in which he doesn't say "crater face is erupting, baby".

Fuck off you lonely perpetual virgin. I don't understand how you could possibly believe that she would even stand to be in the presence of someone like you, a worthless parasite clamoring for her beautiful form. She's vomiting at the mere idea that she is with you. Tomie is MY wife

Actually animated, or was it slowly scrolling own the screen like an image being dragged around?

I don't know, for some reason Tumblr thinks she's a lesbian

Tumblr thinks every single female character in any media is a lesbian.

She's a succubus, the opposite of a lesbian

What would Tomie do if it's just her and a guy that's not attracted to her on a remote island?

have a guess or watch the webm itt

She'd get him to be interested in her, kill her and kill himself.

BUT WILL THEY FUCK?

Doesn't matter. He'll go insane, both die and Tomie comes back.

>When's the next souichi episode
final episode, I guess. it'd be weird if they didn't let the show come full circle.

Do you think there will be a secoud season?

What did you guys think about Cursed Frame, the story exclusive to the Shiver HC?

What country does this series take place in? The "Japan" in these stories is like some kind of eastern European hellhole or North Korea.

Same depressive hellhole.

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this opinion.

It's not scanned very well but I've never seen this posted online, so I guess I shouldn't feel too bad.

This show is strange but I still look forward to it every week.