youtube.com/watch?v=TvPk2foK9Tg
youtube.com/watch?v=0VetD7BrW-g
youtube.com/watch?v=S6JD7lllsHg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>old
>US dub
There's your answer.

It was Canadian, actually.

The edits were stupid but the voices for the characters themselves weren't too bad. I actually like tomboyish sounding Sakura. "Tori" and "Julien" sounded good too. "Li's" voice was better in the earlier episodes but I don't know if they hired a different actor or the kid's voice just changed but he sounded worse later in the series. "Madison" was the only one they really fucked up on. But even then I sort of liked the spunk they gave her character.

But this was the version I grew up with so I'm probably kind of biased.

Dubs weren't taken as seriously since they didn't generate nearly as much dosh as the anime industry does now.

Reminder that Sakura and Syaoran are PURE!

The opening is great
youtube.com/watch?v=4UE5GA1QB9I

It's absolutely disgusting. Destroys the tone of the show.

It enhances the tone of the show

Matt Hill's Kero was the best voice in the old dub. I like him as much as Aya Hisakawa's version.

Do Kero and Suppie shitpost on 2/Sup Forums?

Kero would, I can already imagine it.

The new US dub, for Clear Card, is also shit.

This.

>OOOHHH INSTEAD OF HOEEEEEEE

It could have been worse, what if it was "BLOODY"

>no emotion
>pretending Li is the main character
I wonder why it's shit

Because Canada is even worse at subbing than America

Syaoran doesn’t sound like an angry little fuck anymore.
>inb4 elevator
Which was what? Only a year ago? The previous series wasn’t that long ago in the timeline of the new show. And given the voice he has, there is no way it would be believable to have Jason voicing Syaoran. The guy just can’t get express a voice of “Stupid dumb cooties girl! Why do you stupid dumb girls with your dumb cooties have to suck at catching MY cards, you dumb stupid cooties dumb girl!” I know in the new series he’s grown up far beyond that, but Syaoran doesn’t sound in anyway shape or form like he ever was that now. It’s like if instead of Chris Sabaat, DBS had Josh Grelle voicing Vegeta.

WE WANT THE POKEMON AUDIENCE

Why was his name Tori? Was his full name Victoria or was he a Thatcherite?

Everyone who wasn't Kero sounded like a random 34 year old leaf woman dragged off the street

Presumably Victor and it was just an attempt to diminutive that so it matched the lip flaps. Then again, that’s not the stupidest part about the naming in that dub. Need I remind you that a white man with a white wife and a white son has a white daughter who, in complete contrast to the rest of her family, had a Japanese name for very little reason?

I mean yeah, I know why they didn’t name her Nikki because apparently they were going to name her Nikki before it was discovered that the name Sakura was on so much stuff that it would be too much of a hassle to edit it all out, but come on. At least try and find a way to make her Hapa.
Also
>Julien STAR
>Sakura AVALON
>Eli MOON
Kind of stupid names that no one would really naturally have. Although in the case of “Eli,” that is a real name in Korea. Which means that they unintentionally made two of the characters, him and Ruby Moon/Nakuru, into Koreans.

Hilariously enough, Sakura was voiced by an actual 11-year-old girl. And yet she sounded way too fucking old to voice an 11-year-old girl. Despite being an actual 11-year-old girl with an actual 11-year-old girl voice, with Maggie O’Hara, the woman voicing “Madison,” sounding much more like an 11-year-old girl than the actual 11-year-old girl.

Funny how things work out

they should've called him Tony since well his English VA was named Tony.

Honestly Andrea Libman should've voiced Sakura, she would've been a teen at the time and still sound convincingly young and adorable like the Japanese VA.

Fuck you. Canadians are the golden standard when it comes to dubbing anime and cartoons

Usually if they're uncut.

Death Note, Black Lagoon, InuYasha, Gundam 00, Sword of the Stranger, The Girl Who Leapt Through Time and the uncut Pioneer dubs of the first 3 Dragon Ball movies are among my favourite anime dubs ever recorded.

Hell even the Ocean dub of Gintama is pretty good too.

CARDCAPTORS OF THE CLOW

no

pure sluts

What I wanna know is why they tried to make it a boy's show. Who looks at something like CCS and says, "I think young boys would really enjoy this if we take out all this girly shit."

>It's Japanese
>Has someone capturing monsters
That's all they saw, they tried to make it Pokémon 2.0

Here's something even more lewd

50yo dudes in the late 90s who were in charge of kids' program

And Cathy Weseluck should have voiced Syaoran.

Because that woman should avoid the kid in some English dub at some point. It would be so hilariously meta.

New dub voices are godawful compared to the old ones, it's a shame about all of the stupid edits they made

New dub is bad but so were both of the ones in the early 00s. The new dub's main problem is Tomoyo and Syaoran's voices too. The old dub had that issue where all the voices sound too loud and the acting is atrocious.

At least the old one has that Saturday morning cartoon charm, new voices are kill it with fire tier

What's hilarious is that Syaoran's seiyuu dubs over her Spike.

delete this

In my language, the dub was awesome. They tried to hide things like Touya and Yukito's relationship though, but the dialogue was pretty faithful to the japanese version. Everyone in my school fucking loved CCS, both boys and girls.
I'm guessing that they thought that boys would be a better demographic, since it has monsters, fight scenes, and stuff like that, they thought that it wouldn't be appealing for little girls.

What is your language user?

But Sailor Moon had monsters and fight scenes and girls still loved that.
Even western cartoons for girls like PPG had monsters and fighting. They didn't think to keep it the same like both of those shows did?

I'm a latinamericanfag, I might live in a shithole but at least the anime dubs are always good. The opening didn't even changed, it was just a spanish version of Catch you Catch me, and they decided to keep the japanese names too.

YO QUISIERA

That was the point.

>I'm guessing that they thought that boys would be a better demographic, since it has monsters, fight scenes, and stuff like that, they thought that it wouldn't be appealing for little girls
No, they were aware it was a show for little girls. They just wanted to make it also appealed a little boys too. And by “they,” I mean Kids WB.

>Josh Grelle voicing Vegeta

nah it's nice

As someone who was part of the "demographic" while it aired (Canadian male child), Sailor Moon and PPG felt very girly to me, but CCS had magic and a kid with some cool ancient chinese shit. That's really all that mattered. I'm not sure how I would have reacted to all the stuff that got cut out, but I tuned in because the magic was a bit more complicated than "hocus pocus" and people chanting spells. I'd be lying if I said I didn't tune in hoping to see Syaoran do something cool.

It's probably a blessing that I can't remember the voices for the dub.

>give sakura an Australian accent

I could go for some clear card ghost stories

Because it's a dub.

post cute sakuras

Rewrites.

inappropes

did they?I recall that dub didn't really try to hide what was going on between Touya and Yukito

I'm Sakura, just a girl-a.

GOING

GOING

GOING

delet this. tomoyo is pure.

Because they're only releasing the US version. Australia redubbed it with the same voice actors but made them re-record each line. They also didn't broadcast it out of order.

youtube.com/watch?v=TvPk2foK9Tg

They also dubbed 2 of the opening songs.

youtube.com/watch?v=0VetD7BrW-g

youtube.com/watch?v=S6JD7lllsHg

FUCK YOU

that mischievous face

Still shit. Sakura's voice still doesn't match her at all and they still keep all the retarded pronunciations. A handful of lines may be better but that doesn't really mean anything.

>BESTO SHOTTO DESU WA

>Sakura's voice still doesn't match her at all
But she’s been voiced by an actual 11-year-old girl.

>implying

I know that but it still doesn't suit her. Just like Syaoran having a high preteen voice in the Clear Card dub doesn't suit him even though he's 12-13.

Do not post lewd Sakuras.

I know one of you fags are watching the Funimation dub, is it shit?

I watched the first episode. Most of the voices are fine but Tomoyo's and Syaoran's are really bad. I think Kero at the beginning also pronounced Clow like cloud, which isn't really an issue since the Clow cards aren't usable right now but it's still stupid. I think it's better than the dubs in the past but that's not saying much, and two main characters having insufferable voices is a deal breaker.

>dub
But why?

Are there any uncute sakuras?

No.

that sakura from naruto

Old Cardcaptor Sakura art looks so cool. It's so colorful and distinct.

What the FUCK is with the anatomy of the male characters though?

That's how women see men.

The adults are always very tall in Clamp stuff it seems.

What's wrong? Aren't broad shoulders nice?

They don't make the faces look old as fuck even when the characters are in their thirties-fourties like other anime/manga do, instead they make older characters very tall to set them apart from the kids.

there are some episodes with edits exclusive to Kids WB's broadcasting.I've found a link with all the episodes from both the international version and US exclusive edits(labeled as .5 in the link to distinguish them)
for example,episode 21 of the US broadcasting used the Sand Card episode(episode 41) to have Sakura reminiscing of when she found the Clow Book(using scenes from episode 1)for most of the fight against Sand(oh,and the plot of them re since,by that point,the US broadcast has never showed how exactly Sakura became involved with the Clow Cards.Such episode doesn't exist in the international version,since,despite all the edits and changes,they still respected the numbered order.
Make no mistake,though,even the international version is still butchered,and they really went out of their way to remove all sorts of romance.Needles to say that season 3 suffered a lot since one of its major plot points is Syaoran's feelings for Sakura(the Elevator episode,for instance,was really,REALLY butchered...)

>the Elevator episode,for instance,was really,REALLY butchered...
Why would they do that? It's was the best episode. There's nothing wrong with romance, especially if it's that pure

Plebeian 90's North American executives thought romance was purely the domain of high school teenagers and adults. Thought it had no place, even in a highly stylized fictional form, among children in a work of fiction.

I found it kinda funny the VAs for Yukito and Touyu are the same for Deku and Bakugo

>2000s-era CLAMP simulator

my sides

The west decided to target Cardcaptors towards boys and took out anything they thought girly which included romance.

Along with Kero, their VA’s in the Nelvana dub were Ed Edd n Eddy