Why are marriages in anime so often in churches...

Why are marriages in anime so often in churches? Often even without any other references to christianity in those same shows. Isn't a very small percent of the population christian?

Nips often have Western-style wedding ceremonies. It's purely aesthetic.

Does that mean the priests aren't actual priests, just people dressed up as them?

Japan also had seven Christian Prime Ministers even before WW2 despite it's local Christian population being below 1%.

>seven
Eight*

Yup.

>it's a Christian episode

>just people dressed up as them?
yea its cosplay

Yeah

>Isn't a very small percent of the population christian?
2% according to them

If you're a white guy in Japan you can get a job working as a fake priest for weddings.

Don't you have to be pensioner age though? Fuck if I'm going to have a larp christian wedding with a "priest" in his goddamn thirties.

Because it looks cool.

Nah, just gotta know a bit of latin (pig latin also works) and wave your hands around a bit. You're set dressing, not an actor.

A young priest is some obscenely shit set dressing if you ask me. Might as well be drinking the blood of Christ from a plastic cup and making confession in a phone booth while you're at it

I'll let you on in a little secret.

You know that guy marrying people in Vegas? He's not actually Elvis.

You fucking what mate

Elvis was a singer, not a priest.
Unless I'm not remembering some part of his life that is.

Why does that matter? You don't think people can act as be priests?

Vegas has a problem with gangs of people dressed like elvis roaming the streets, pouncing on innocent guys and marrying them. They need to reinstate laws against gay marriage ASAP.

Elvis had nothing to do with Christian weddings, unlike priests.

I still don't see why it matters. What part of someone being paid to dress up is the issue?

The guy dressed like Elvis could be a priest.

And? I still have no idea what the problem is, and that doesn't explain it at all.

YOKOROBE

Nips get married in churches
It's this weird Buddhist-Christian-Shinto thing they have