Is Initial D any good? I'm thinking about checking it out after hearing how kick-ass the soundtrack is

Is Initial D any good? I'm thinking about checking it out after hearing how kick-ass the soundtrack is.
youtu.be/XCiDuy4mrWU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XCiDuy4mrWU
youtube.com/watch?v=zA5vD4bZTJE
youtube.com/watch?v=Yi1CL-BdgbI
youtube.com/watch?v=EXZRd7bH3-w
youtu.be/dv13gl0a-FA
youtu.be/tNveMjoSxp0
youtu.be/atuFSv2bLa8
youtube.com/watch?v=Wu5TDEpAqwQ
youtube.com/watch?v=ziSs15g3dPA
youtube.com/watch?v=npmnjoDYpiQ
forum.eurobeat-prime.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3860&sid=73045c6bfc78ac11869e050e3aeaf3c0
youtube.com/watch?v=L0jTHsAFXgg
pastebin.com/W64GvCxr
youtube.com/watch?v=NkM_1G6KviU
youtube.com/watch?v=ivhqJrcl-V8
youtube.com/watch?v=03LnFfHgWeA
youtube.com/watch?v=3VkVd11drtM
youtube.com/watch?v=bsZMIVmjYJ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

First stage is amazing
Second stage is more of the same
Third stage had a couple good races and scenes
Fourth stage was the start of the downfall but still watchable
Fifth Stage was terrible with only 1, maybe 2 good races in the whole thing
Final Stage was a mistake and should never have been made. Shinji was a terrible and lazy character

What about the manga?
Heh...

Only watch the first season. The rest are pretty much the same with pretty much no character development at all
Manga is worth reading the first 100 chapters or so

Non of the faults are on the anime adaptations part. It's just Shigeno being a shitty mangaka

first stage is the greatest anime ever made

Don't watch the show. It has produced so many creepy car otakus and totally destroyed car cultures all over the world

I think Fast and Furious did more damage to car culture than Initial D ever did. The most damage ID ever did was the tofu tax on the 86

Fucking this. Those shitty Vin Diesel movies raised a whole generation of douchebags.

>youtu.be/XCiDuy4mrWU
Have we ever done an "Sup Forums sings" of this song or any Initial D song for that matter?

Gas Gas Gas and Dancing have been done

Got a link?

>Not the Slowing in the 90s version
youtube.com/watch?v=zA5vD4bZTJE

>youtube.com/watch?v=Yi1CL-BdgbI
/o/ does Initial D songs

As someone who's watched the series multiple times, both subbed and dubbed, this guy is spot on, although I would like to argue that Second Stage is actually better than First Stage.

Best song in the series: youtube.com/watch?v=EXZRd7bH3-w

But that's not Crazy Little Love or Adrenaline

Ahem...
youtu.be/dv13gl0a-FA

youtu.be/tNveMjoSxp0

youtu.be/atuFSv2bLa8

>How to let everyone know you are a normie in three simple posts

You could say the series went downhill.

>how to let everyone know you are a hipster faggot in one simple post

Deja Vu is one of the worst songs in the entire series and is definitely Dave Rodgers worst song
Gas Gas Gas is overrated as fuck and Manuel has much better songs in the show

1=3=5>4

/thread

So it was good I stopped after second stage?

youtube.com/watch?v=Wu5TDEpAqwQ
plebeians

>5>4
Absolute shit taste
The only good race in 5th stage was Ryosuke vs Shinigami and maybe Keisuke vs Go

It's a pretty solid series, and the music is legendary and gets you hype as heck for each race.

It goes downhill after the Third Stage. Fortunately the Third Stage wraps things up pretty well, so that's a good point to leave the series if the stuff after that doesn't interest you.

Plebs.

youtube.com/watch?v=ziSs15g3dPA

yes

I only watched it all once but I would agree.
Though the r32 race in fith stage is probably one of my favorites. Probably because when I was on /o/ I though someone spoiled it and someone was going to die in the race, added to suspense a bit.

Third stage is a movie and worth watching.

youtube.com/watch?v=npmnjoDYpiQ

>people that should've won but got jobbed to death

>Be a GT-R fag
>Its a massive jobber

>The driver that was cucked to death.

>auto best girl for calling you darling
>rx7
>pure
>want's to be supportive
>keisuke focuses on the D instead
why
>Iketani gets cucked by a bus
why did Shuuichi have to be such a fuck up and can't write a relationship for shit

The manga's art is pretty awful.

>yfw super eurobeat is ending this year

source on that please

forum.eurobeat-prime.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3860&sid=73045c6bfc78ac11869e050e3aeaf3c0

That's sad.

What? Why?!

the more perplexing thing is how did they manage to get 250 cd's out of it.
I already know since I have them all, duplicates, but still.

youtube.com/watch?v=L0jTHsAFXgg

my current favorite eurobeat track

I only watched the first stage and have the feeling that the later seasons are ruining it
if you watch only the first season you won't miss out on any memes

cars stopped supporting cd's

Initial D is my favorite thing to read at the bathhouse

Ive seen this post before.
On the wallpaper board?

third stage acts as a good conclusion to the series

First two seasons are brilliant and pretty much defined my youth. I loved not just the cars and the music but that whole dark underground racing atmosphere with all those gallery partiers and the lawbreaking implications. Unfortunately as it progressed through 4th and 5th stages it just became increasingly routine and joblike.

>takumi wins because cat in road
>takumi wins because of stomachache
>takumi wins because X

anyone else get tired of this shit?

It's not good but it is fun for what it is.

sales pretty much consistently under 300 units each release not worth it anymore. No more initial D and movies now use J-Rock, no more tie ins, para para is deader than dead

Saw one of the new reboot movies, god it was awful. No move, no eurobeat, no initial d.

>takumi wins because of stomachache
In battle against the godhand it wasn't that bad, takumi won war of attrition and old geezer couldn't take it anymore, though they shouldn't made it look like takumi lost only to win seconds later

I have an empty C90 audio cassette and I want to make an eurobeat track list to fit on the thing. You guys are my pleb filter and I need some advice what songs should I use instead of deja vu and gas gas gas, they are mostly placeholders. and possibly switch rider fo the sky with something else. It's a pretty tight fit so songs shoudln't be longer than the ones you kick out.

pastebin.com/W64GvCxr

Songs below the B side are some I considered at one point.

literally just the entire first D selection
>Space Boy
>No One Sleep in Tokyo
>Remember Me
>Spark in the Dark
>Don't Stop the Music
>Dance Around the World
>Running in the 90s
>Break the Night
>Back on the Rocks
>Save Me
>My Only Star

You fucking win.

>Initial D thread
>Eurobeat links
>No Jager
you fucking niggers
youtube.com/watch?v=NkM_1G6KviU

>Night of Fire
>Beat of the Rising Sun
>Gas Gas Gas
>Runaway
>Can't stop loving you
>Remember Me

Just finished Fourth stage.
>Takumi starts to race so hard that even he's afraid

Loved watching Takumi go from a sleepy airhead to a demonic battle autist.

dorifuto ja nai!

hand-drawn touge at night looks comfy

B A C K O N T H E R O C K S

>poor little panda trueno driver

why is sayuki such a toth?

I agree with everyone else that Stages 1-3 were the best. I can barely remember anything of note from 4 onwards.

also the early stuff was MAXIMUM COMFY

4th/5th had three hype moments at least

FOREVEEEEEEEEEEEER
TOGETHEEEEEEEEEEEER

the first time Shinji sees Takumi's wings and I Won't Fall Apart drops the beat, legit gave me shivers

Pls

Is the manga worth reading if I've seen the series?

no eurobeat

I can play the ost in the background while I read

Fuck yeah

Underrated post.

I don't think I've ever posted in an Initial D thread on /w/

Sayuki >Mako

yep, at least she isn't as retarded as mako

Shinji was great. He became a master by accident. Tak was guided by his dad.

I always loved the idea of someone becoming a master at something not because they trained but because that's their normal day to day life. Like those ethopian runners at the olympics. They're good because that's their day to day life.

Also you have that added moral message of "you may be a natural, but you will still be beat by a natural + training".

>tunning in Initial D
Just the right parts, nothing out of place. Power/handling balance, drift is just a technique to drive faster.
>tuning in first three FF's
"Bling bling, bitch". Ricer paradise with huge towel-dryers, underbody neon, acid colours, vinyl and other shit. Drift is a reason, not a technique. Less racing more shooting.

shit stage, great track
youtube.com/watch?v=ivhqJrcl-V8

How did you guys feel about BattleStage's sound track? are there any races you prefer to watch in Battle Stage than in Stage 1-3?

>m.o.v.e retired in 2013
>and the SE is near finish line
End of the era. Era, when Japanese loved their cars.

And this.
youtube.com/watch?v=03LnFfHgWeA

shingami battle was god tier though
youtube.com/watch?v=3VkVd11drtM

OP here. Didn't realize that Initial D has such a major nostalgia factor for Sup Forums. Guess I kinda have to check this show out now.

>how to let everyone know you are a simple faggot in one simple post

[I WANNA DANCE intensifies]

top eurobeat
youtube.com/watch?v=bsZMIVmjYJ8

I like how everyone smokes in first stage

>Shinji was great. He became a master
Every single thing about Shinji was horribly wrong or outright nonsense.

For example, how did he learn to drive down the mountain? He rode in the passenger seat while his mom was driving up the mountain and got to study the road, then he drove his mother down the mountain. He did this because his mother was tired and he wanted to let her sleep. So, every bit of practice driving downhill he had over however many years was performed while trying not to disturb delicate cargo, because being too rough would wake her up.

No, this is not the same as Takumi and the tofu. Takumi only had the tofu while driving up the mountain. When he got to the lake, he delivered all the tofu to the hotels and would drive back down with an empty car. Takumi didn't have to worry about the tofu when going downhill, and that's why he could go as fast as possible to get it over with, or play games with drifting to take out the boredom.

Shinji had to be careful if he wasn't going to wake his mother up. Every single bit of practice he had over comparable to Takumi's tofu deliveries were under that condition. Shinji could never go as fast as possible. And no, this isn't just something he initially dealt with and he relearned how to drive the right way under training from the other people on his team. They specifically pointed out that he uses the gas and the brakes as little as possible during the race, so that IS his racing style.

Going hard on the gas and brakes is something real racers do constantly because do that at the right time allows you to go much faster than any kind of gradual change. If you had to slow down to a particular speed in order to take an upcoming corner, the fastest theoretical way to do this would be to continue driving at full speed until the last possible moment before you had to take the corner and instantly reduce your speed to that particular speed.