Wew

Is this the year of remakes?

is this the year of patrician reboots?
Are Lain and NHK next?

Meh

Also OPM S1 director doing this

Bwahahahha

Those designs looks like shit.

It's gonna be shit. newfags gonna need eveything explained to them. Most importantly no abe.

Moefied Lain by Dogakobo.

PV
dailymotion.com/video/x6g1f1c

>Lain remake
That smells disaster, no way is it gonna work in this day and age.

>That smells disaster, no way is it gonna work in this day and age.
>not no way is it gonna work in this present day present time bwahahaha

one job, user, one job

>Shingo Natsume left OPM season 2 for this
How can OPMfags even recover?

I'm torn. There's no possible way they could match the atmosphere and soundtrack of the first season.

>the year of remakes?
>the year
More like the era, there's a continuing trend since the early 2010s for more remakes & reboots.
But now it's reaching a critical mass.

Hopefully it's a real adaption this time and not a pretentious lain ripoff.

>inb4 all the pretentious retards claiming it's nothing like the original anime

holy shit

I don't think Lain is possible. The work needs to have some prominent males, that's where the money is. Either for domestic fujoshi, or for foreign normalfags, who generally don't like female protagonists. Texhnolyze has a much better chance than Lain.

>Lain
No.
>NHK
Very high chance, they took alot of liberties with the anime as is, so a remake can stand on it's own.

Holy FUUUUUCK hype

Thank god they killed One Joke Man for this.

yes

Yatterman is getting a new anime with the old VAs coming back for a big goodbye.

MUH FUCKING DICK
PLS BE GOOD HOLY FUCK

Well, that looks cheap.

Wow, now this is good shit. Never expected this.
I hope it won't be a disappointment like Kino 2017.

OPM fans blown the fuck out.

Looks low budget like overload 2.

Wait this shit have a series from the 2000's right? so this is a reboot or more content?

Yatterman get's remade every couple years.

The anime was an original story set between the first and second novels.

>powerlines
I miss the late 90's.

theeasternstandard.blogspot.com/2009/03/boogiepop-phantom-menace.html

>One Punch Man staff

HAHAHAHA, oh yes

Reboot. The PV shows scenes from the first novel.

This looks fucking sick

>Aoi Yuuki as Boogiepop

Literally what the fuck?

Can't wait for Crest of the Stars.

Still want a faithful new trigan. Best story about humanity ever told.

Should I start with the old anime or the translated novels? I assume the anime might spoil volume 1.

Also holy fuck that PV is absolutely phenomenal.

>New Boogiepop
HOLY FUCK
YES

The anime basically assumes you've read volume 1.

The anime has nothing to do with the novels, it's fanfiction.

Cool, I'll start with that then.

No involvement from the author at all?

Fuck you

This looks really well animated, too bad it doesn't seem as dark as the original and the designs look moe

If Shikao Suga doesn't sing the OP, then the anime will be trash.

As someone who read the novels and Manga that were translated I'm fucking hyped. Any other of you fags on the same boat?

>Boogiepop
Holy shit

oh shit this is HYPE. Boogiepop is top ten for me.

Shit looks bonkers, I love it
I hope they capture the atmosphere of the original

Lain I doubt since it wasn't exactly a character or action-driven show; there's not much you can do by revisiting it other than retell the same story or pointlessly contradict the old one. NHK is a maybe.

So is this a remake of something else?

do we know who's directing?

fug I barely remember anything about it.

Look at the pictures at the top of the thread.

I'm too attached to the slow burn atmosphere and sound design of the older anime. An action-y one that sticks closer to the light novel by the OPM director doesn't sound appealing to me.

So is it even worth watching the original show if it isn't faithful to the novels? Or should I just start with the remake

Sakuga confirmed

Worth watching just for the soundtrack. The live action movie too for the same reason.

Isn't the novels for this series still ongoing?

Literally OPM S1 with yuri.

Yes

This will lead to more of the novels getting translated so I am rock hard regardless.

Holy shit, that's actually a pretty great staff list. All of a sudden I'm pretty hopeful that this'll be a good adaption.

It's not fanfiction you dumbasses. Boogiepop Phantom is an spin-off novel by the original author that was written in JHorror style.

20th anniversary of the original novel. It's an adaptation of the original novel.

How is the novel series anyway and how is the plot still ongoing after 20 years?

>Boogiepop Phantom is an spin-off novel by the original author that was written in JHorror style.
No it's not. Boogiepop Phantom is only an anime, and it's an original sequel to the first novel.

Where are my Aochads at

It's an original story that expands on the first novel and even ties up some loose ends that were never resolved.

youtu.be/RvW1w1zftqI can't wait

So this anime is set before the other one? Is it just an adaptation of the part of the light novel that already got a manga adaptation?

KIRIMA NAGI BEST GIRL

It's like Monogatari but everyone has borderline personality disorder and half the chapters are borderline unreadable. Also he changes genre every 2-3 books.

There's no way the actual show will look as good as this preanimated PV given Madhouse's tendency to outsource.

It's directed by Shingo Natsume dude, I don't doubt the animation will look good

>Monogatari but everyone has borderline personality disorder and half the chapters are borderline unreadable

So Monogatari then?

The anime goes between Boogiepop and Others and Boogiepop vs the Imaginator. As far as I know it's not canon to the original novels but it was a great show in it's own right but it does assume the viewer has at least a passing knowledge of the events of the original novel. The novel was adapted into a manga, and there's also an original manga called Boogiepop Circus.

The new anime is an adaptation of the original novel.

ACCA 13 wasn't particularly animated though. We shall see if Natsume can call up enough animator friends for this new project.

Only in the sense that it's a urban fantasy with long monologues.

Any word on the release window?

Boogiepop and Others has enough low maintenance chapters to balance out the more action-oriented stuff. Honestly Takahiro Omori would probably be the best pick given how well he handled DRRR and Bacanno but I have faith in the staff it has.

What's with all the Dengeki announcements going on today? This, Seishun Buta, and Strike the Blood. Is there an event going on or something? I thought their Spring Festival wasn't for a while.

Is there actually yuri? Just curious.

Should probably expect it in Fall.

I already see how retards will complain that it's not like "original" anime. Similar to recent Kino adaptation.

The stream link was the announcement stage for the spring festival.
>the only ones even aware of the event were raildexfags waiting for their PV which didn't come

Sounds right.
Happy to have something in Fall to look forward to

If I remember right there is in the series in general but it's not part of the forefront and I don't remember it in the first book.

I remember the second book had a female character who masturbated everyday at specific times as part of her brainwashed programming.

I'm cautious about this, but at least it's madhouse still.

It's going to be worse since there are already lots of people expecting some dark horror series.

People are already labeling it a remake or sequel when it's an adaptation that never happened really in the past. I guess no one really did read the translated novels.

But it has nothing to do with the Kino anime considering the original was an actual adaptation unlike Phantom

Is this remake or original or what? I don't recognize anything from vol 1