Did Kemono Friends have a lasting impact on the Japanese animation scene? It seems forgotten already

Did Kemono Friends have a lasting impact on the Japanese animation scene? It seems forgotten already.

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=U1UTeLnPEaI
mega.nz/#!5nxQAAzL!B-uH-GMyZH_tM2QRELLczwC0r2X1kg1paVSmADYnrgU
youtube.com/watch?v=UZb3lTVMjxU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

No it was just a fad that has run it's course.
Like that other cheap show that sold tons but no one has ever heard of now

It's only been out a year.

You're making it sound like KF died of natural causes. It didn't, it was murdered and plenty of people are still upset about it

I miss the comfy threads.
That's not how it happened.

The peddle bike that killed a series.

It might have but its future was stolen. It became immediately obvious that future seasons weren't happening so the casual audience lost interest and the fans became spiteful.

Nah, that was just a cop-out excuse. Kadokawa probably wanted to put in some hotshot well known studio for the second season of their cash cow instead of some literally who. They were so out of touch that they thought the property itself was what people were excited about.

It has only been a year. But I doubt it will.

It was a fad, but Kusokawa killed it while it was stillborn.
Even so, KF was the japanese MLP so it wouldnt have made any kind of milestone in the industry.

>KF was the japanese MLP.
I still don't understand this meme

> it was just a fad
Far from it.
If the Kadokawa diaster hadn't happened it'd still be going strong.

>the japanese MLP
that's touhou

Y'all are lucky it was destroyed because now you can hide behind this excuse, rather than see it die out naturally.

What did Kadokawa even do to kill this?
Last I heard a second season was announced or something.

We would still be getting a season 2 from the director we love otherwisr, so I don't think this counts as being lucky. Salesfag please leave.

Ever forget, KF was a dying franchise that failed in everything, until the anime came around and shook the entire industry. It deserved much more and much better. I’m still a bit choked up at how poorly it was handled.

Say that on /jp/'s face. I dare you motherfucker.

>Director turns failure of a mobile game franchise into a cash cow anime
>Announce season 2
>Director says he's excited to work on season 2
>Months later tell said director that he's not working on season 2
>Whole world freaks the fuck out
>Kadokawa tries to backstep and "renegotiate"
>nothing happens
>seadon 2 "postponed" forever

>KF was the japanese MLP
user confirmed for idiot

I mean, we're talking about the company that squandered KanColle. Then they managed to capitalize on KonoSuba even more after it became the craziest selling anime for their seasons.

These are ladies
m.youtube.com/watch?v=U1UTeLnPEaI

They fired the director and destroyed the studio that made it, also firing everyone else.
Literally for no good reason

Kemono Friends unironically prevented me from suicide.

I ain't never gonna forgive this!

the original season 2 announcement made me rethink suicide.
Somehow I'm still alive.

Don't forget what they did to Spice and Wolf, because I'm sure as fuck never going to.

Delete this!

I can't wait for them to fuck up the Dark Souls remaster. Jesus christ, how much DO they own?

Kadokawa just owns FromSoft, who won't be involved for the remaster.
So I think we're good there.

It was definitely one of the highest moments I had in 2017.

It was my highest and my lowest.
It helped me in a really dark time of my life, but then my life spiralled out of control after 9/25.

Now that KF was actually an unprecedented success kadokawa took interest again and decided to take tighter control in their contract renewel with the studio. Negotiations fell apart at the height of hype for S2, Tatsuki tweated that he would not be working on S2 (and he is widely credited as the one who made it a success and as enjoyable as it was), and fans on the internet exploded. Kadokawa started an embarassingly bad attempt at saving face that ended up making everything worse, KF made the news (again) over the backlash against Kadokawa, and Kadokawa eventually agreed to go back to the negotiating table to placate fans. In the end nothing came of it and the anime side of the franchise is basically S2 never.

Also during this Grape-kun the Penguin died of age related complications.

>sick as fuck around this time last year
>had to go the emergency room it was so bad
>come back home to recover and decide to watch KF to see what the hoopla was about
>loved every second of it and helped masked the pain I had
I never loved or been as grateful to an anime than I did for KF

I think this just speaks volumes about how powerful this show was. It might not have a huge impact on the industry going forward, but it definitely touched the lives of quite a few people in a very impactful way.

>plenty if people
>Keifuku-san sales: 5k

it brought me real joy and it also inadvertently brought me deep pain

Sold out.

They never expected to sell as many as they did. It sold out multiple times.
And it's a fucking FREE web short.

>Kemono Friends
>stillborn
It came and was nearing cancellation after a year, it just got lucky it wasn't axed sooner. You literally never heard of it until episode 4.

There is still a Kemono Friends shaped hole in my heart that may never heal.

I just caught up on S&W a month ago and I'm sad that there aren't more seasons. Guess it's harder to adapt a LN than a manga.

meant for

Why do you lie when anyone can hop on Amazon and prove you wrong?

It was restocked for the 5th time yesterday, user

It would probably have become another 2hu if it wasn't controlled by such a retarded publisher.

Scars never heal, but they do offer important reminders

wwwwwwwwww

Nice OC donut steel, Tatsuki.

And only sold 200 units on its third week. Wow what legs.

>salefags are still this fucking bitter
I hope your dying breath is cursing KF

It's just life and lemons

The funny thing was Kaban was also his original character.
So he basically stole his own character

All the money goes straight to all 3 of them.
How much workers are parting the profit of your 10k seller?

A hundred animators recieving a few cents and a few comitee members eating the lions share, perhaps?

That's pretty good for a FREE WEB SHORT.

>KF was such an unexpected success that there was basically no merchandise available and every company had to scramble to play catch-up.
>For a while the only merchandise available was stuff like fucking BUCKETS of all things.
>People were so desperate for merchandise and to support the shoe that even the buckets sold out.

That was weird.

Now it's only merchandise. I do not like the cruel march of time.

KF S2 and the rest of the fanbase will hop on and ride its dick. You fags are whining over nothing. Directors change for sequels all the time, it's like bitching every capeshit cinematic universe movie isn't done by the same director.

This.
I'm sure all they need is to hire bots. Just look at the state of Pavilion

Tatsuki brought something unique to the table that isn't really seen in anime. Season 2 could be competently made but it just won't be the same. And that matters.

Even in KF's death you can't help but bullshit and make excuses.

If it actually does happen I'll watch it, but I have my doubts. like said Kemono Friends was really unique, and I don't want to see that undone.

This is literally the greatest thing ever

HnK is a thing so you're shitilly animated CG shitfest isn't unique anymore.
Sorry.

KF introduced lots of fine animalgirls. As a kemonomimi fan, its been great seeing the fanart of all the fine animalgirls and and even if its a dead series, the waifus will forever live on.

That's the true treasure
Jaguar a bes

>oh no Joss Whedon was fired, Infinity Wars boycott now

As if.
HnK is no where near the shitty animation level of KF. And that is what the audience wanted the most.

You're an alright guy user

less arguing, more friends

@169588486
>comparing KF to marvelshit
>comparing any anime to marvelshit
Nope. Not even giving that one the dignity of a (you)

BIG
FAT

mega.nz/#!5nxQAAzL!B-uH-GMyZH_tM2QRELLczwC0r2X1kg1paVSmADYnrgU

My wife Jaguar is NOT fat.

In what fucking universe did you think we loved KF for it's animation?

>back to back 24 hour threads for 6 months
Never again.

This daki needs to make it to the chinese bootleg sites so I can actually afford her

There's just something about that artstyle that rubs me the wrong way.

alright show that produced possibly the most obnoxious fanbase on Sup Forums for its season.

Other than the constant threads at the prime of its popularity how was it obnoxious? I rarely saw Friends content outside of the threads. And 9/25 was the only time I saw multiple threads.

>6 months
It was more like 11 months. FukuharaP confirming it was dead at new years finally killed the threads.

>not spic shonenshitters

Those were good and irreplaceable days
In retrospect we should've been nicer to the LWA folks

It was some salesfag who started the shit, and as far as I know it was just salesfags who we bullied.

youtube.com/watch?v=UZb3lTVMjxU

sugoi!

I know, but we were more alike than different and we should've built some kind of bridge from that
But it's too late for any of that now

I would have never found this sort of thing entertaining before KF. I watched a loooot of nature documentaries after it, though.

I missed you.

This Friend likes trees!

La creatura...

please don't bring Sup Forums to Sup Forums

I want to marry and gently make love to Alpaca.

I wish KF was more popular with us

>A fucking bird

You shouldn't bring Sup Forums either.

it was only popular because reddit thought it was cool to like something that looked like shit.
>hur i like because of the content and the animation doesn't change that dur