What went wrong

zero:
>actual character development / backstories
>interesting and powerful masters with unique motivations
>interesting-to-memorable servants including friendly bro alexander and charming gilgamesh
>badass main character
>blows up an entire skyscraper to kill one guy
>has harem of hot chicks, ruthlessly exploits them with no regard

stay/night:
>getting worse but still watchable
>high school drama mode now, all masters lame
>only decent characters old boner blade guy and samurai guy who shows up on the steps
>some effort at character development

apocrypha:
>pure weeblet faggotry
>can't even tell fucking sides apart
>all heroes shitty
>autistic twink weeb faggot main character
>no character development
>basically unwatchable

They were all written by different people.

For starters Apocrypha is non-canon and everything outside of the visual novel that isn't Zero is otaku pandering bullshit.

/Zero fags went wrong. Who knew that changing the setting from a highschool would make people act like such cocksucking faggots over bland characters that get zero development because they all share screentime.

Why are Zero babies so cancerous?

But HA is the best

Why's he so ugly?

is there an anime of this?

Fuck off Zerofags.

>actual character development / backstories
>interesting and powerful masters with unique motivations
>interesting-to-memorable servants including friendly bro alexander and charming gilgamesh
>badass main character
>blows up an entire skyscraper to kill one guy
>has harem of hot chicks, ruthlessly exploits them with no regard

fsn was always weeb shit. zero is like what if a normalfag wrote fsn

Lmao at all these assblasted plebs with shit taste. Zero is the best thing to ever come out of the shitshow called "The Fate Franchise" worth a damn and it's not even canon.
Nasu is an absolute hack and had to let someone else handle his stories to make them good. Everyone else is too busy being deluded by faggy traps and the Lord of bland, Saber.

inb4 zero fag. It's not my fault it's the only good one.

oh i see. being an animefag i didn't realize there were different authors for these series. zero was written by a competent nonfaggot, whereas nasu was always a weeblet faggot from the start.

Separate timelines are a thing.

ITT: Secondary thinks Zero first.

Urobutcher is a worse hack than nasu, so no.

Apocrypha has nothing to do with the original series and wasn't written by Nasu. Watch Heaven's Feel if you want a sequel to Zero.

I agree with you except Apocrypha is better than stay/night

The novel is otaku pandering as they come

>he thinks zero isn't otaku pandering
oh I am laffin

>Watch Heaven's Feel if you want a sequel to Zero.

Watching Zero after reading the Stay/Night VN feels so good. It's like eating dessert after you're done with your veggies.

I actually only started to waifu Saber after I watched Zero.

>Zero
>Character development

Lmao

Apo was good and nothing you will say will change my mind.

>Kerry
>a positive point
Good fucking joke.

Zero and Fate Stay Night (if we're only comparing one route) had about the same character development as each other, albeit in different ways.

In Zero:
>Characters are mostly older and already have morals/ideas and are set in their ways
>Each character quickly comes to some revelation after a short amount of time in the war, before (usually) meeting a tragic end
>Most of the servants are nearly static characters, however.
>Kirei gives in to his sadism and embraces it
>Kariya goes insane and becomes more and more furious with the injustice/cruelty of mages
>Kiritsugu realizes that killing people to save others is flawed when you have no limit to who you kill and why/what your goals are
>We also see what got Kiritsugu in that situation
>Waver realizes that he can do great things even though he is from a weak lineage, and he realizes the value of friendship/becomes hardened by seeing death and evil
>Kayneth realizes he cares more about keeping the love/life of his wife than the war, and finally swallows what little is left of his pride for a chance of escape
>Ryunossuke and Caster both realize that they wanted to be killed all along, and hated living
>Saber realizes that most of the time, war isn't honorable and is cruel and often hurts people indiscriminately
>In short, shallow character development, but across many characters in short time

In UBW:
>Shirou realizes he has to take better care of himself and take it easier sometimes
>Rin realizes the same thing
>Shirou makes peace with the fact that his ideals of being a hero of justice is vague and unoriginal, but he pursues it anyways
>Archer makes peace with his predicament as a counter guardian
>In short, deeper character development, but across few characters in a longer time

In Fate Route:
>Development of Saber and Shirou mostly, in ways similar to above.

Fate/zero has a wide cast of characters similar to shows like Baccano! and Ping Pong the Animation, whereas Fate/Stay Night is more like most animes. This doesn't necessarily make it bad, since it accomplishes what it sets out to do, but different people have different tastes.

Kerry's not very unique in personality, but a mage that uses guerilla tactics, mercenary partners, and smuggled weapons, as well as arms imbued with magic, is kind of an underused concept and is pretty stylish. Overall very generic, but also very enjoyable.