Most overrated OPs

I'll start.
youtube.com/watch?v=1Iqd7hhmXMc

There's literally nothing that stands out about the OP at all. Boring song. Visuals are okay I'll admit, but that's it. Don't know why it's considered a classic already, it's a pretty weak and generic song. The ED is much better.

Attached: gurren.jpg (1920x1080, 217K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yu0HjPzFYnY
youtube.com/watch?v=MhVaq_nj65Q
youtube.com/watch?v=7aMOurgDB-o
youtube.com/watch?v=qM8wxM_mcRw
youtube.com/watch?v=AuSJvFuUjBc
youtube.com/watch?v=wNXY2Fx2Pq4
youtube.com/watch?v=cXeb9cb6k0I
youtube.com/watch?v=ecg9NBDA4OE
youtube.com/watch?v=92TEcszkRBw
youtube.com/watch?v=KaH23Gh8TBs
youtu.be/GoeVLSs_qQs
youtube.com/watch?v=_ty-Nqm4Pdc
youtube.com/watch?v=lMQK5MbIb1E
youtube.com/watch?v=ocQ6PDiP014
youtube.com/watch?v=8OkpRK2_gVs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Dragon Maid: The song is catchy as hell but has very bad arrangement. Animation is so random too.

Overall not that bad but not great either.

Not considered a classic, but this one is so boring it makes me wanna sleep
youtube.com/watch?v=yu0HjPzFYnY

youtube.com/watch?v=MhVaq_nj65Q

Also, every Tokyo Ghoul Opening
youtube.com/watch?v=7aMOurgDB-o
>Good visuals but lame music
youtube.com/watch?v=qM8wxM_mcRw

Also FMA openings (Only good cause of nostalgia):
youtube.com/watch?v=AuSJvFuUjBc
Also FMA:B Openings:
youtube.com/watch?v=wNXY2Fx2Pq4
(Maybe except for 1)

youtube.com/watch?v=cXeb9cb6k0I

Tru but I like the build ups in the 1st Tokyo ghoul op

youtube.com/watch?v=ecg9NBDA4OE

youtube.com/watch?v=92TEcszkRBw

I think you've missed the point here, the series is a classic and the soundtrack as a whole kicks ass but the OP is sort of weak when compared. Even the other Shoko Nagakawa insert song was could be considered more hype than the OP song. Sorairo Days can't be overrated when it's not even that highly rated at all.

youtube.com/watch?v=KaH23Gh8TBs

This one is literally shit, i don't see how anyone would even like it

Pretty much, if anything the only reason why it's remembered is mostly because of nostalgia more than for it's actual quality.

Agreed.

It’s a super robot show without a super robot opening. Here’s Toei’s Gaiking reboot 2 years earlier.

youtu.be/GoeVLSs_qQs

Almost every OP posted in this thread is god tier lol.

Overrated doesn't mean bad.

youtube.com/watch?v=_ty-Nqm4Pdc
I don't have nostalgia for this garbage so I will never understand the hype. The song forgettable as fuck and the visuals are mindbogglingly incoherent. It's a weird mix of hiphop, clean graphical designs, normal anime look and gritty atmospheric. Like, what even is this?

>tfw I like pretty much all of these OPs
do I have shit taste, Sup Forums?

Attached: GuP Katyusha crying.jpg (1000x562, 26K)

brainlet
brainlet
retard
brainlet

TTGL is about as much of a super robot anime as Star Wars is a science fiction movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=lMQK5MbIb1E

I mean, it's a fine song, but the OP was leagues better but everyone only talks about the ED

That is actually a great comparison. Is there a term like science fantasy for mecha like that?

youtube.com/watch?v=ocQ6PDiP014
One of the most painful things to have to listen to I've ever witnessed. Jesus fuck, it sounds like some sort of parody of an anime opening intentionally made to sound atrocious.

Super Robot, as opposed to Real Robot. These two are the main division in Mecha shows, though many use both because Real Robots inevitably powercreep into Super Robots (see: Code Geass, GunBuster, Muv-Luv).

youtube.com/watch?v=8OkpRK2_gVs

Literally the worst OP in the series.

>These two are the main division in Mecha shows, though many use both because Real Robots inevitably powercreep into Super Robots (see: Code Geass, GunBuster, Muv-Luv).

I would say that the line was never drawn very strictly in the first place. Gundam had many super robot elements regardless and there are super robot shows with real elements too.