Why is this so much more popular than Violet Evergarden...

Why is this so much more popular than Violet Evergarden, even though it had a fraction of the marketing budget and came from a less famous studio?

Attached: e8e3c09f8450c3d8a90a03e2198688f61515484130_full.jpg (640x960, 235K)

you know EXACTLY why.

Becuz Boobz and Buts

I mean come-on it's fucking anime, not literature. Most of the viewers are evangelion fan males, hormone-driven without any sexual outlet.

It's literally "Eva with Boobz an' Butz", what do you expect?

But Evangelion also has boobs and butts....

Fanservice, action, faster pacing and memes.

It's not

pure virgin Zero Two vs used whore Violet

Because an action mecha show from Trigger (even if it's not completely Trigger) is gonna be more popular than the snore of the week from Kyoani on here, what did you expect?

Violet dropped the ball

Because it isn't pretentious.

>pretentious
retarded buzzword
anything that is smart and tries to educate people is pretentious? what a simpleton you are

Why is Darlifra popular:

It's not a moe SoL or an isekai, or a harem, a remake, a reboot, or a shit light novel adaptation so it "sticks out" as being one of the more unique programs this season.
T&A
Shipping
Waifu wars (02 vs Ichigo)
Girls in tight pilot suits that operate mechanic with their male counterparts in a sex position
Countless references to sex in every episode
Trigger has their name all over it
Mecha show that had references to other shows like Evangelion.
And finally, this show has all of the trappings of show that people love hate and shitpost on daily yet tune in and download or stream every week.

That's why it's so popular.

>internal Hiro dialogue
>not the definiton of pretentious

Get a load of this retard

Honestly the only thing that is pretentious about this show are the overthinkers that constantly discuss the obvious symbolism depicted within like it's on the level of Evangelion or Madoka.

That's just the flower faction.

People wanted a mech anime for a while too

And, what is most importantly, no adaptation where everyone already knows everything, and the autistic SEA shits only sperg about how the anime deviates from their third rate light novel translations.

cute oni and mass cuckoldry make the difference.

>Why is this so much more popular than Violet Evergarden
Only on Sup Forums.

Anime original vs adaption.

The virgin adaptation vs the Chad original.

Darling is only popular here and in the west

Violet Evergarden is boring, I couldn't make it past the first 10 minutes.
Just from those 10 minutes, I can tell it tries way too hard to be dramatic.
It's basically the Zack Snyder films of anime.
FRANXX is more fun, light-hearted, it's more of a "just turn your brain off" anime. And it has titties and waifus

you talk as if evangelion and madoka aren't pretentious pieces of shit

It's very simple.
How the fuck do I not have 'fun things are fun' saved after all these years?

Attached: tasty.png (458x309, 112K)

Have you watched them? Franxx is amazing while VEG is just ok, that’s why.

Because shills killed violet evergarden.

Violet is boring as shit though. Darling makes you look forward to seeing the next episode and develops the characters.

darlingfags will go far in their denial, for sure.

Because this is a underage board, filled with spics, that loves only action anime.

It's fucking trigger. They're known for making fun as fuck anime.

Kyoani makes gorgeous anime, but that doesn't really help much when the sourcw material is a slow moving dull drama about some autismo chick

The question is why does it matter.

Both are enjoyable shows.

Attached: 4300.jpg (1280x720, 42K)

I has everything needed to pander to normalfags.

Because with franxx you can imagine you're a teenage boy who is in a relationship with a girl than loves you unconditionally.

Same for me, I tried to like Violet. But it became so boring I just dropped it entirely.

Franxx just has enough of a hook to keep me coming for more.

Because Violet Evergarden feels too much like a josei, at least it did for me.
Thats why i stopped watching after the first episode

have you watched either of the series you mentioned?

this 3 episodes were utter crap, I may as well drop this crap. Not even close to Eva

Attached: 1520289706733.jpg (511x288, 12K)

>trying to force shitty studio wars
Fuck off. Both are great shows in their own way.

Attached: 1520716185137.jpg (1280x3600, 1.55M)

Because Darlifra is the AOTY and trigger has had to drag the whole industry out of the mud and save anime from itself.

But it's selling worse than ve...

Because Autism in the Evergarden only has its animation going for it. Darling in the FranXX on the other Hand will achieve:
>Saving Anime
>Saving Japans Birthrate
>Restoring the Holy Roman Empire

Attached: Karoling in the Franks.jpg (1085x607, 244K)

There's mech anime almost every season, and the non-Gundam ones get almost completely ignored. Did you mean Trigger mech anime? Because that'd be a fair point.

Because it doesn't try to be anything special or extraordinary and is altogether very simple. There are mechas, there's the possibility of characters dying in the future, there's the love drama and shipping wars, then there's memes, and so on... it's just more fun. The majority of people aren't looking for deep, thought provoking shows. Those are very tiresome and nobody really cares. Most just want some kind of distraction or something that's fun to watch while eating a meal or before playing a game, etc...

>Why is this so much more popular than Violet Evergarden
Where? On Sup Forums? Because it's not doing very well in Japan.

Probably because it doesn't have disgusting thing like wife-husbandry.

FranXX keeps me engaged every week wondering if we'll get a character episode, if it'll just randomly change the pace and be super dark or very lighthearted for 90% of an episode, or if its "main plot" will have more cues dropped in it. Even if people rant "nothing happened" this episode, they'll still be talking about the characters all week.

Meanwhile, Violet is a very, very well produced and overblown-budget adaption of a LN, serving as the typical advertisement for a story they're going to get 40% into then end the season.

Attached: 1520355670931.gif (540x540, 1.13M)

Because in this season, sexually aggressive waifubait happens to be more in demand than refined and modest waifubait

Attached: 1460237454096.jpg (500x375, 41K)

Only on Sup Forums because of Sup Forums crossboarders, newfags and ironic weaboos

It's selling like shit

people prefer trash anime with waifu wars over anime with good story.
And action are always more popular than drama.

Because Darling in the FranXX is actually an interesting anime that puts you at the edge of your seat every episode, unlike Violet Evergarden which puts you to your bed, deep in sleep.

Right on bro looking forward to the next transformers movie? It's gonna be lit

Good reply, as expected from someone who's a fan of Violet Evergarden.

nah fuck that shit people talking an nothing happening like what the fuck, shit's boring, where are the ass, titties and explosions amirite?

DITF is beautiful love story that keeps pulling on my heartstrings. It's disguised as an ecchi mecha. They took a massive risk making this anime and it is quite controversial and they've managed to pull if off.
VEG is an absolutely stunning anime with high production values that is a great slow burner. It must have been massively expensive to produce and it is paying off for them successfully.

I love both but I look forward to the next DITF episode than the VEG one even after VEG episode 9.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Darling in the FranXX - 09 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_19.51_[2018.03.11_17.27.06].jpg (1920x1080, 97K)

>DITF is beautiful love story

Attached: 534512.jpg (300x350, 21K)

I'm only watching it for 02, everything else can fuck off

Attached: 1517094773742.png (7680x4320, 1016K)

sorry your beautifully animated nothing-fest is not as interesting :^)

Yes, those 3 filler episodes after bunch of brainless, poorly directed action episodes kept me on the edge of seat all the time. So exciting!

VEG actually isnt animated that well, its pretty static compared to Franxx
It has more detailed art style though

bruh that shit is boring as fuck, you couldnt pay me to watch violet

Because Darling had some good first episodes, while VEG spent its first four with shitty anime original content that killed the hype.

>not just throwing back an insult at me
i-it's not like I want to have a civil conversation with you or anything, baka

Not the same guy

ah, well, I'm not exactly the same guy before either

we're just all the same person in the end

Just because they're not jumping and waving their hands every second in VEG doesn't mean it's static.

because is dumber and appeals to sex

Its decent, but not "beautifully animated" as some people think it is
People need to know the difference between art style and animation

Zero Two's smile

This is an important aspect.

Attached: 778[1].jpg (400x290, 11K)

This is a bait thread and you are all retards for replying to it.

ITT: no data

Attached: 1460540044474.jpg (800x1058, 494K)

Sex appeal.

meanwhile on top sales in amazon...

Attached: 1518869109322.jpg (1280x720, 115K)

>tfw like FranXX, Yuru Camp and VEG

Feels fucking good man

Attached: 1520724369586.png (1280x720, 555K)

Here are the ranks for the 3 giants. It actually feels unfair to include China because VEG is so absurdly popular there but whatever.

Sup Forums is statistically irrelevant

Attached: ok kid.png (1423x632, 902K)

Wow it's almost as if marketing and studio names weren't the only important things in anime!

Let the delusional frankxx fanboys have this one thread. Not much you can do when the hard numbers are against you.

>meanwhile on top sales in amazon...
Still not enough to beat Idolish7.

Wait shit, so you mean it's popular somewhere? Okay time to start liking it then

Sup Forums is the most relevant because we talk about the shows here, not on MAL or some chinese forum

Sup Forums isn't talking about franxx though. It's very clear from the kind of vernacular and shitty memes employed in these threads that 95% of them consist of crossboarding newfaggots.

>MAL
It's irrelavant as Sup Forums, but yeah, VEG is doing good in Japan while Franxxx anime is flopping.

And that's literally pointless unless you're a salesshitter, but then you're also pointless so it's 2x pointless.

Data is data, if it triggers you complain to OP for bringing it up.

Then next time specify "Sup Forums only lol" on the OP. Because if you include anything else the numbers don't help you.

Ok sorry my mistake.
Fuck yes I love kyoni

>ftw start 30-40 shows every season and just drop the boring, worthless shlock along the way while still watching all the good shit
Meanwhile, shonenshitters and normies are having fanbase wars every season because they're watching less than 5 shows and therefore forced to hate on shows they don't watch that are liked by other people

Attached: 015bb2e4510f90bfc5c15a76e8456de71516449999_full.jpg (640x360, 43K)

and the 'seasonal' rank in china; the gap is absurd, the cunts can't stop throwing money at violet

Attached: bb.png (916x586, 873K)

Blibli is totally trying to make VEG pay per view, there's no other reason why they're shilling it harder than dog meat.

>virginal otaku teen "romance" fantasy not even on the chart
Jesus Fuck I love China.

It's not on bilibili, otherwise it would have been 2nd or 3rd. Probably 3rd, don't see it being more popular than Overlord. It's on that other streaming site, iqyui or something.

Rin is the only one who isn't a soygirl.
Makes you think doesn't it?

>soy
I'm out. Enjoy your Sup Forums memes.

>soygirl
So, a feminine girl?

what did I say?