Female MCs

Are female MCs always this bad?
Do fujos see generic male MCs as obnoxious as this MC is?

She's unattractive in every way, annoying, unlikable, self-righteous, and stupid. I almost dropped at episode 4 when she punched the Chairman's son.

Attached: a148256745f588274e9de3757ddbb7a6.jpg (1280x720, 103K)

The worst part is the show is really enjoyable otherwise. The characters are interesting and generally charismatic, but this MC is painful to watch.

Does she become interesting at some point? This is the same reason I have trouble watching a lot of Shojo. The girls are just unlikable.

God I love Ai. The perfect tomboy garbage collecting astronaut.

Attached: 1401030799348.jpg (1280x720, 60K)

What's there to like, though?
I'm going to assume she gets better later on if people like this show so much, but right now, she's unbearable.

Everyone sees generic male protagonists as obnoxious.

Get out fag.

Planetes is one of my favourite shows of all time and I genuinely agree, Tanabe was the weakest link. Every other character went through some hardship, had their convictions challenged, and went through personal growth. Tanabe is at the same point at the end of it all as she started out. Some vague ideal of a perfect waifu figure with no real human qualities. There was some hope of her actually maturing as a person when Hachi started acting like a piece of shit to her but nope, that all solved itself because she has absolutely no sense of self respect and she want back to being her usual self. And then again the same thing with Claire and her oxygen tank. You'd think facing death and her only escape being taking the tank of someone who is a straight up murderous piece of shit might shake her convictions, but fuck no. She still remains the naive, selfless Jesus figure. Even when I saw her in the wheelchair I had some hope as to her realising her outlook on things isn't all butterflies and rainbows and it actually has consequences but haha, nope. It's only temporary.

>Are female MCs always this bad?
Have you never seen an anime with a female MC before?
>Do fujos see generic male MCs as obnoxious as this MC is?
Do you not?
>when she punched the Chairman's son.
Didn't he deserve it? It's been a bit.

Anyway Ai is great. She was wrong about stuff and she's pushy, which is perfect for a head-in-the-clouds newbie, she made a fine MC.
Also Nono is best girl.

Do you always answer a question with another question? It doesn't make your point across and does not make you look smarter, just undecided and afraid to write your own personal opinions.

>Do you always answer a question with another question?
What do you mean?

Ok, you sound like a newfag who has never seen an anime with a female MC before.
Also all generic male MCs are obnoxious, fujos have nothing to do with it, faggot.

The third one I'm honestly asking as I don't remember.

Female MCs are bad. They get worse on battle shounen, seinen and isekai series

I personally enjoy supportive female characters like bulma

>you
Who's the newfag now?

OP

>Does she become interesting at some point?
She ends mindbroken at the end. It doesn't make up for all her bullshit, but it's something.

>Are female MCs always this bad?

No. I don't think you've watched very much anime if you have to ask this question.

>She ends mindbroken
What? No she doesn't. That incident with Claire has absolutely no lasting repercussions on her character.

Well, I watched Planetes long ago, but I remember her going through some bad shit by the end. I remember her having some temporal trauma.

I also recall her remaining on Earth whereas Hachi went to Jupiter or whatever.

Yes, the brief period where her unconditional love for mankind and her blind, naive beliefs were shaken and she was about to take Claire's oxygen tank. None of it mattered because she didn't, they both got rescued, she received slight trauma which caused her to roll around in a wheelchair for a couple of months before she recovered fully. She got knocked up before hachi went off to jupiter for 8 years or something. None of the events towards the end of the show surmounted to anything in regards to her development though.

>hating Ai
Get the fuck out, fags

Well, this was written by Nips.
For them, being self-sacrificial and always following the rules - be them law, morality or just pure customs (think if taking Kant's ideas to the extreme) is what the ideal person does.

So, I wouldn't be surprised if the average Nip had no problem with Tanabe's behaviour (other than, perhaps, that one time she decided not to respect that dead man's wish for his body to be kept in space when he died, because she thought he had to be buried where his family could reach him), unlike many Westerners who found her annoying.

>She's unattractive in every way, annoying, unlikable, self-righteous, and stupid
My thoughts exactly. There were moments where i just wanted to punch tthat naive cunt.

>is what the ideal person does
Thing is, "ideal person" is the most boring and worst kind of character you could possibly have in fiction, and the rest of the cast was far from that. Which is the problem. If Planetes was was poorly written fantasy fulfilling schlock Tabane would have been a perfectly fitting character. But the rest of Planetes was actually good.

Watch more than two anime. Female MCs are the norm in anime and come in almost every possible variety.

Post good female MC

Attached: LadyOscar27a.jpg (294x360, 26K)

>Have you never seen an anime with a female MC before?
Yes, but never with one this unbearable and shitty.
>Do you not?
No. That's why I asked that question the way I did.
>Didn't he deserve it? It's been a bit.
Yes, he deserved it, but when Hachi was finally about to beat the shit out of him she came out of nowhere and hit him. They spent the entire episode building up tension between Hachi and him AND... the stupid girl MC took his chance away from him and everyone acted like she did something cool and incredible.

>Female MCs are the norm in anime
MAYBE the norm in good anime, but if you look at anime as a whole there are way too many harems and harem-likes with a male MC to say it's the norm in anime as a whole.

I think seinen female MCs can be good. Some are trash like Love Live and Nanoha, but there are also many that at the very least are inoffensive, such as in Non Non Biyori and K-on.

Ai is love. OP is a faggot who expect some dramatic genderbend shonen battle mc in that kind of anime.

>NNB
>inoffensive
This is a joke, right?

>I think seinen female MCs can be good. Some are trash like Love Live and Nanoha, but there are also many that at the very least are inoffensive, such as in Non Non Biyori and K-on.

I agree, female leads can be perfectly fine characters, but Ai feels like an out of place reverse-harem self insert shitter. Female != bad, but Ai = bad.

Attached: 1490825685509.gif (500x281, 574K)

Attached: Balsa.png (1920x1080, 1.18M)

>She's unattractive in every way, annoying, unlikable, self-righteous, and stupid.
I really felt this way about her due to that one episode with the coffin. Fuck she pissed me off.

Thing is I actually liked her character up to and including that point because I actually expected her to fall for being the way that she is. But that point never came. The whole thing just gave me the biggest case of blue balls I've had watching anything.

This.

>Yells about how dead astronaut daughter's feelings are wrong for wanting to bury him where he wanted to be buried
>Literally steals his body and holds it hostage, threatening to send it into orbit of earth
>Gives a stupid speech and starts crying for no reason
>Characters act like nothing happened afterwards

I've never had this much trouble with a male MC, but maybe it's because I don't see them as unrealistic and stupid as Ai is even if they really are. She brings down the series and all the otherwise likable characters.

Read the manga. She's much better there. I really like the anime but hands down, the manga is just so much better.

Just posting best female MC and mai waifu.

Attached: Yomiko.jpg (425x600, 112K)

It's a trope. Female competency needs to be accompanied by a domineering personality because nips can't write layered characters well.

No.

After seeing people praise this show for years I still felt tempted to drop the show on the spot due to how bad she is. In the end she got worse as each episode passed but I powered through anyway and then the series went off the rails in the 2nd half. What a mess.

And yet she learned from her mistakes and did the right thing in the end.
It's ALMOST like when a female has a character act, bitter asshats shit on her.

What exactly did she learn? "it's okay to be naive, optimistic and selfless 100% of the time and everything will turn out perfectly fine anyway"? Woah, such deep, intricate, compelling narrative. What a truly layered, nuanced character.