Where did the Fate series go wrong?

>watch UBW
>watch Apo
>watch HF
>watch Zero
>watch Prisma Illya
>watch Last Encore

How is that the only good "Fate/" series are the ones related to the original game? Only UBW and HF were good, Zero was okayish edgy garbage, but everything else besides those are absolute fucking trash. Well, Apo was at least entertaining as fuck and it sold like 4-5k IIRC, and now LE is doing like this:
>**1,038位/***,901位(**1,001 pt)[*,**0予約]2018/05/23
【Amazon.co.jp限定】Fate/EXTRA Last Encore 1(全巻購入特典:「描き下ろしB1布ポスター+ブックカバー」「ワダアルコ描き下ろし全巻収納BOX&ポートレート」引換シリアルコード付)(完全生産限定版) [Blu-ray]

Now I realise how much of a masterpiece Fate/stay night is compared to all that other shit out there. Even the fucking cooking anime (fsn related) is more interesting than LE.

Attached: 1515186804952.jpg (1100x900, 206K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=QhTgfXzqmLU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Fucking secondaries.

>he believes LE works as a standalone anime
kek

>Where did the Fate series go wrong
You try to have a expanded universe while all things related to it selling extremly well.

>watch Prisma Illya
>watch Last Encore
thats fanfic as far im concerned.

Extra was never really that good as a game either
Apo Was a lackluster then once again no ufotable or Nasu writing it.

But there is hope user. We still have Heavens feel movies and hopefully Fate/Strange Fake in the future
Maybe Ufotable will animate it after they are done with HF since the love sucking Type moons cock

Attached: Fate.Grand.Order.full.2057693.jpg (860x1216, 1.11M)

Last Encore would have had been good with Redman. As it stands the major character interaction is between UMUing and boring Saber clone and generic MC whose bad sides doesnt get to shine thanks to Nero. Seigi no mikata would have had actually offered some insight into Hakunos evil. Plus his cold calculating self would have had been much better fit in the world

That said FemMC and Redman interaction was the best in Extra. Too bad every fate needs an waifubait

Attached: 1459520272355.png (907x810, 580K)

Things move away from Nasu's original vision the further you get away from FSN. Nasu approves the new stuff but he doesn't give a fuck anymore about the TM universe.

EMIYA or Tamamo would've worked better than Nero. EMIYA by what you say, and Tamamo by being the two-faced bitch she is.

Is there any chance at all Ufotable will adapt Hollow Ataraxia after Heaven's Feel?

Attached: 348436.jpg (800x450, 198K)

Last Encore is 2 cour, right? I'm thinking second cour might well be Redman and Hakuno

>Muh FeMC
>Muh Tamamo
>Muh redman
Every fucking thread.

Hakuno's gender is absolutely irrelevant, but the main Servant is important. Nero has literally nothing to offer to the series, she's there just to be cute and nothing more. EMIYA and Tamamo could've delivered some good lines, but not Nero because she doesn't have the personality for that.

Fate/Extra LE will get good soon when Gawain will kill Whore of Babylon, but power of NIKUI will bring her back as a Nero Alter, who will set on fire the entire fucking Mooncell, AHAHAHAHA

IIRC they have said they have wanted to do that and trolled in the past that they would do it if UBW sold like +30k

For me it sort of like feel when back in 2011 when fate zero aired and everyone wanted them to animate Fate/stay night after they saw the OP they animated for the game port for Vita, but people said they coudnt because DEEN had the rights ect
Well now in 2018 they are animating HF and who knows what will stop them from animating more fate material.

Attached: 1517849132917.jpg (794x1040, 172K)

>UBW and HF
>good

Both of those routes did not translate well into anime in my opinion. I had more pleasure watching Apocrypha and Zero to see the better fights and grail wars. Most of the entertainment in the original VN was seeing how the events shaped their characters inner thoughts more or less, like how Gilgamesh I think compares Shirou to the snake or Shirou’s whole hero complex behind every choice.

I haven’t watched Last Encore yet, is it worse than Apocrypha?

The APO story makes more sense then FE story

The only good things to come from the Fate franchise have been the spin-offs (Carnival phantasm and the current on-going cooking show) - they easily top the Fate franchise. Prisma Ilya started out alright as well before it started excessively pandering to the loli crowd.

The original one is the worst fate, you should only root for FGO and nothing else desu.

Nero really isn't contributing anything.

>I had more pleasure watching Apocrypha and Zero to see the better fights and grail wars
shonenfags, everyone

>hasn't played extra
>2017+1
fucking secondaries

Apocrypha had shit tier fights, user

>Apo was entertaining as fuck

Attached: 1520746491993.png (316x317, 152K)

Apocrypha has the best action scenes in Fate anime to date though.

>This post

Attached: CzGXmao.gif (500x287, 1.21M)

>Nasu's original vision the further you get away from FSN
But Nasu wrote Extra and CCC. He's also written FGO. Those still follow his vision.

F/SF was written by Narita, but still is an splendid work. Same for FZ, for all the fags whining MUH EDGE, we always knew Zero was bound to be brutal in many way, and Urobuchi delivered on that. My only complaint about Zero was how he handled Saber.

Apocrypha and the LE anime are the only ones that come off as mediocre to me, and if Nasu wants to avoid that, then he needs to hire better writers, and people with a similar worldview to his.

Not with its garbage animation and shitty character motivations and awful DUDE JUST TRADE LASER BEAMS LMAO choreography it didn't.
>Siegfried, you must not reveal your true name to the enemy under any circumstances. It is a trump card that must be kept absolutely secret at all costs
>HI I'M SIEGFRIED NICE TO MEET YOU
what a joke

>Apocrypha
>best action scenes in Fate anime

Fuck outta here Berserker vs Archer (Zero) > All the other garbage.

It's not bait if it's true. Apocrypha had good animators regularly working on it, and that culminated in episode 22 where it had so many talented young animators on board.

Attached: 1519116388647.gif (300x168, 224K)

Poor reading comprehension everyone.

Karna vs Sieg was good despite the studio’s overuse of effects. Achilles vs Chiron was good as well. Now compare that to UBW’s rendition of the fight with Gilgamesh; it’s just not as interesting. All that is seen is stupid swords flying around. You see, the fights in the VN were more mental and based on the observations of Shirou. The fights translated like shit and were boring in the anime. Unlike the VN anime adaptations, there was a more dramatic battle at Babylon and ending in Apocrypha. The scale of the war felt bigger as the environments were different than some stupid high school.

I'm not wrong, you can check the credits yourself.

>Karna vs Sieg was good despite the studio’s overuse of effects. Achilles vs Chiron was good as well. Now compare that to UBW’s rendition of the fight with Gilgamesh; it’s just not as interesting.
Imagine unironically typing these words out and actually believing them

Yeah man.

Attached: 15173188731530.png (1825x944, 469K)

t. brainlet

youtube.com/watch?v=QhTgfXzqmLU

Attached: 1517485131049.png (1200x617, 1.42M)

Attached: 55.jpg (1035x567, 135K)

it was never more than a pretentious eroge
with the animeonlies pretending that it was deep, or that ufo cgi is good

>overuse of effects
It's a battle involving a demigod from an ancient Indian epic, of course it will be flashy. Also, effects animation is a perfectly legitimate form of animation.

why was Madoka so popular anyways? it's trash

>dude powerlevels and bright colors lmao

in how many layers of irony are the subhumans that still call this good

That shot was a bit rough around the edges, but it's a 2D animated shot where the view rotates around the characters while they are fighting. It's pretty commendable and very difficult to pull off. Ufotable would've just took the easy way out with a CG background, at least A-1 did that shot in 2D.

It's popular because it's good.

That episode received lots of praise from other Japanese animators on twitter. I'd say people in the industry would know more about animation than a literal who on a Mongolian wrestling forum.

"popular" and "good" never goes together

Stay mad, hipster.

being well drawn != being a good fight.

>someone in a thread makes a fair point that Apocrypha isn’t irredeemable shit
>waaah Apo and Zero is shit you fucking subhuman secondary

Woah... the intelligence of /fgog/.

shit can't turn into gold OP

>Apocrypha isn’t irredeemable shit
>a fair point

Attached: 1418072775494.png (234x268, 71K)

nobody mentioned the word secondary outside of your conscience

Apoc has no redeeming qualities except Semiramis and Red smugman whos relationship was given 5 minutes of screen time and was still better than Sieg x Jannu.

Attached: 1514682313944.jpg (900x1273, 735K)

Seriously, what is the point of Nero in LE?

umu

>tfw only 'the complete insult' was any good

Attached: tfw some faggot bites a little too hard.jpg (1920x1080, 206K)

she has done absolutely nothing in 7 episodes

>oneshots Drake
>oneshots Robin
>explains half of the setting
>"done nothing"

Nasu always tries to best his friend but fails. Urobuchi is too busy writing personally fulfilling projects like Kamen rider and Taiwanese puppets while Nasu is stuck maintaining fate from getting ruined by Sony.

I am sure majority of the fanbase enjoys servants one shotting each other and long walks through the woods/snowy woods.

Attached: 1515014472051.png (834x818, 226K)

When the fuck is Urobochi getting off his ass to make the Rebellion sequel?

It does feel like Nasu wants to do something else already.

Archer and Casko could've done the same, and also add snarky remarks in the way.

Waifubaiting,cant have Fate without saber

>implying that Tamamo would have been better
Fox would have been equally shallow and boring waifubait as Nero and you know it

>be Nasu
>see your friend Urobuchi unable to write and in deep problems overall
>gotta help him
>"hey Urobuchi-kun, what if you write this stay night sequel I have in mind?"

And that's how Nasu dug his own grave.

Probably never. There is a high chance the sequel is going to be written by Inu curry or someone else.

Oh god please no, I don't want them to fuck it up, I just want closure

How was Rebellion not closure?

>how was a massive cliffhanger ending not closure

How was it a cliffhanger ending? Everyone's happy now. Nobody will ever be bothered by magical girl shit again.

>ubw and zero were good
Sign number one of a dumb shonenshitter bandwagoning on this franchise because Sup Forums weened him off nurutu
The only half-decent thing to be animated from the nasuverse has been rakkyo and even those were 2/3rd trash

HF might even wander into full-on trainwreck territory depending on how movie two pans out. It's amazing how shit the average secondary TMfag's taste is

user, seriously.
this thread is one big bait
I don't know what you expect.

Attached: 2462362.jpg (900x453, 55K)

UTW is the best anime in the group
HF movies are good budget
Zero had good writing but overall it's too edgy and I don't know what the fuck was with Urobuchi's obsession with utilitarianism
Apocrypha went to complete shit as soon as the second half started because all the good people at A-1 went off to slap as much sakuga into genderswap Idolmaster and some Kirara adaptation as possible, and also the plot takes a 180 and goes full UTW ripoff. Also Seig and Ruler are SHIT leads, should've been Necromancer and red Saber
Last Encore was dead on arrival, who the fuck expects Shaft to pull off good fight scenes?
Prisma Illya is good for entirely different reasons, but if you aren't someone who's a regular in the loli threads then it's complete shit.
/fgog/ are gonna be sperging out over the new anime, literally not watching the anime at all and talking non-stop about the cool ingame benefits the BDs come with. FGO by A-1, equally as bad as the Granblue anime, sells just as much.

>muh secondaries
VNs, LNs, and pay2win gacha mobage are all shitty mediums. They're so shit that the "primaries" complaining about secondaries not reading their sleeping pill or wasting $10000 on the game they play are the losers by default.

Apocrypha is pure fight kino
Nothing fate related comes close to it

Do witches still exist in Homura's new world?
Are magical girls still saved in Homura's world? Does the Law of Cycles still function?
Will Madoka break free from Homura's restraints and put things back the way they were? If she does, what will become of Homura?
How will the QBs try and worm their way out of their JUST-d situation?
What kind of damage is Homura doing to the universe to keep everything this way? Is it unstable?

Well, Zero at first was just Kiri vs Kirei that was going to be inserted in F/HA. But it became its own thing.

Zero opened the floodgates but FGO is what ruined everything forever.

>Sup Forums posters like garbage like Apo
Why is this not surprising?

>Sup Forums posters are the most intelligent posters on this site
>they like the best fate show
Whats the problem

>Sup Forums posters like garbage like UTW

>How is that the only good "Fate/" series are the ones related to the original game?
Nostalgia bias.
HF movie was hot garbage.

>and Tamamo by being the two-faced bitch she is.

explain

More like Nasu just wants to enjoy his Fatebucks and never write again but Takeuchi forces him to keep writing shit to sell.

Attached: 1520640329889.png (495x600, 159K)

>pull off good fight scenes?
honestly if you think fight scenes are so important go watch iron man or transformers or whatever, plenty of epic action awaits you out there. I understand how you feel, I loved that stuff in middle school as well. You're just looking in the wrong place.

How do you guys even manage to watch and read so much Fateshit? When I finished the original novel I was already too burnt out to watch or read anything else because I realized that the concept was already fully explored and they couldn't introduce anything new aside from more and more servants to fight each other

Attached: saberlion3.jpg (600x399, 132K)

What, you haven't read Extra? CCC it's impossible, but not even EXTELLA?

>/fgog/ posters like garbage like grand order

I only mention fight scenes because what other reasons are there to watch those anime? They're not like Prisma Illya where they do something completely different instead, which I consider to be the best among the Fate franchise anime. Why do you think it has 4 seasons?

You guys take Fate more seriously than Nasu ever did. Get laid or something you fucking nerds

>so let's get our two combatants in a flat expanse of dull gray stone because we ran out of budget and can't afford to make our environments look interesting
>important: the fighters have to spend most of the fight standing relatively still and launching giga nigga magic missiles at each other. Exceptions are allowed for the one of them to do a macross spam dodge sequence every once in a while but at the same time I want you to make sure that everyone doesn't move very much so we can save bux for particle effects
>oh yeah and the particle effects. Really make those magic missiles magic fucking ICBMs. Remember when Excalibur-tier attacks required a lot of buildup and put the fighter out of commission from exhaustion? Fuck that shit. Sense of restraint is for faggots. I want to see Mexican DBS fanboys jizz themselves at our servants powerlevels. If you aren't having the servants casually waving around magic epilepsy nukes you're fired.
>For good measure, while out characters are standing still and firing beamus at each other, make their ideological clashes extra retarded. The name of the game is verbal diarrhea, people. Don't put too much thought into it, our target audience will be too busy cumming buckets from watching bright colors flash across the screen to notice how fucking stupid the context of the fight is.
Apocrypha.

>muh strawman

Wow, how shallow this franchise has become. According to this thread, the only standard is the quality of the fight scenes.

My standard of quality is Saber being cute

I have played Extra not CCC since there is no translation, haven't played extella yet.

tldr
You are a cuck

Prisma Illya actually is a fanfic. In a series where most things are considered canon by virtue of alternate universes, Prisma Illya is still considered non-canon by Nasu.

Unless you watch Prisma Illya, then the standard is about how lewd it can go.

What the fuck was this chuunin ass pull? I mean seriously, fucking why would Archer have a shield that can block shit like Gae bolg

Attached: 1458567635970.png (798x597, 611K)

Fights and waifus/husbandos are the only thing Fate has going for it nowadays.

Since the begininng, Fate was always shit.

When Karna with infinite mana is involved, it pretty much has to be flashy. That's pretty much exactly how it was in the LN. The guy has 3 Noble Phantasms dedicated to pure destructive force and a skill that turns him into a living explosion. Sieg had to spam Balmung to keep up (which he also had the mana for thanks to Frankenstein's Galvanism). Running out of energy wouldn't make sense because they're essentially working with infinite mana. The fight was written to be as big and flashy as possible with both of them throwing out their biggest shit.

ufotable still has to do the fate route.