I'm sorry Shaft

I'm sorry Shaft.
I now understand why you needed to shit out tons of waifubait.
It was so they could make this masterpiece.

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-03-11-21h54m47s950.png (1280x720, 1.05M)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/CHICAUMINO/status/972478382431547394
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>vlcsnap

The fuck is this?

3-gatsu no lion

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-03-10-03h19m43s136.png (1280x720, 1.17M)

Thanks, now I know what to watch this week

They knew it was kino, so they made it a 30 seconds scene.
Masterpiece

The power of actually good source material and sponsors who both give them an actual budget and stop them from going too crazy.

It's funny how everyone's masturbating over VEG when Shaft has quietly been doing some of the best animation they've done in the last decade.

VEG has some technically impressive stuff about it, but as an overall package it's lackluster. 3-Gastu both has moments of technical prowess and is overall really solid in how it uses its visuals to actually enhance its story.

I didn't think the bullying arc could be topped just like I didn't think season 1 could be topped but Shaft is thoroughly proving me wrong. It's a privilege to be watching this show while airing

Attached: [Commie] 3-gatsu no Lion - 40 [9DFB91B9].mkv_snapshot_10.58_[2018.03.10_22.47.58].png (1280x720, 1M)

I dropped the show during S1 because it was kinda bland, but I remember them repeating the same "drowning in own thoughts" visual metaphor like 6 times. Currently watching VEG as well and sometimes it goes way overboard, making a visual spectacle for such simple and sometimes shallow character moments, same complain I had with 3-gatsu. Its visuals in S1 didn't enhance the story, since they were redundant, what we were being told is what we saw in lazy visual metaphors. Technical wise only 2 or 3 sequences were impressive, S1 overall was very sloppy. Can't comment on S2.

>bully arc
>good
the bully arc was ruined by ill timed comedy and just dragging on too long in general, with a somewhat cop-out (even if realistic) ending. felt like overall a huge waste of time, especially since when we finally get back to shogi episodes they churn out these past 2 amazing episodes.

That metaphor is used a lot because the main character is an autist who is very prone to getting lost in his thoughts. And I disagree that it's just "the same" metaphor every time, there are definite differences in how it's presented each time that reflect what is going on at that moment. And it's not just in those moments, plenty of the day to day stuff has little visual flares that complimnt them. I just feel like far more thought and creativity goes into 3-Gastu visuals than VEG, I can certainly see why someone would say that its over the top, it kinda is, but I apprecaite it a lot regardless.

Yeah, bully arc almost made me drop the show. The best thing about it was what it did for Rei and Hina's relationship, but that took a backseat to a bunch of side characters not really doing much for like 5 episodes.

>episodes that women will never understand

By itself they are very creative, more than anything VEG has done, but in context they just repeat themselves over and over again. I prefer more subdued forms of visual storytelling, and value more when something is shown to us that adds to the theme or characterization of a character that dialogue doesn't outright establish, VEG has a few moments like those, I don't remember any in 3-gatsu S1.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Violet Evergarden - 02 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_12.57_[2018.03.11_18.15.59].jpg (1920x1080, 445K)

Something about the rendering and the use of stylized metaphors really reminds me of Penguindrum.

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-03-12-02h04m45s046.png (1280x720, 1.04M)

>but in context they just repeat themselves over and over again
because that's the nature of the mc's problems
>shown to us that adds to the theme or characterization of a character that dialogue doesn't outright establish
>I don't remember any in 3-gatsu
there are scenes like that in 3-gatsu, of the top of my head, the apartment and train sequences in the first episode has several shots that establish rei's character before he even says word. In episode 2, there the scene where he meets the Kawamoto sisters in the store that also shows a lot about him through visual storytelling

But 3-gatsu no lion is written by a woman.

I have complex felling about Shaft now.
While 3gatsu is top-tier every episode
but hour later Fate/extra is Shaft but its shit.

Seem like they want people how can control them.

Maybe he meant female shogi pros because they all suck.

Good source material helps. 3gatsu is good on its own without the shaft adaptation. Shaft is just adding funky imagery and visuals that don't really add much other than eye candy. They have actually ruined some arcs like the bullying one with their shitty comedy shifts in the anime. Fate extra can't be ruined because it's already bad to begin with.

Delet this

It's a shame that this season won't end with promise chapter. I really hope NHK keeps funding SHAFT or else 20,000 miles will never get animated.

Attached: 3.1.18.jpg (3840x2160, 505K)

I'd be pretty bummed if it stops after this season.

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-03-11-06h30m14s169.png (1280x720, 845K)

Yeah, I always believed thought of Shaft as very lazy gifted person who needs a huge incentive to get shit done.
From a financial viewpoint it would be really dumb to stop now, but the possibility exists.

Typo, my bad.

Will Kyouko find her happiness guys? ;_;

Shaft's upped its animation game in S2. Also, the source material gets a lot better when Rei starts to get over his crippling depression, which happens in the back half of S1.

I don't understand why everyone hates the bully arc. I thought it was done extremely well. Took the backseat to a bunch of characters not doing much for 5 episodes? The fuck? Nikaidou almost fucking dies during a match. Hell, quite a bit happens from the time Hina starts getting bullied to the end where everything is seemingly resolved.
Also that breakdown scene with the teacher made me feel like I was watching Madoka again.

Attached: [Commie] 3-gatsu no Lion - 34 [6BE4FBF1].mkv_snapshot_06.26_[2018.03.11_23.27.00].png (1280x720, 1.72M)

Most people like the bullying arc. A few don't, apparently.

I feel like Shaft's successes and failures depend on how successful their experiments are and how much executive meddling they have to deal with at any given moment. 3gatsu's author sounds like a huge Shaftfag who is happy to let them do them and they're also generally hitting the style well.

Glad that people are realizing how great this series is.

Attached: 1518323057144.png (552x535, 578K)

Bullying arc was great.

Attached: vlcsnap-2018-03-12-02h03m23s725.png (1280x720, 88K)

nah
Umino let Shaft do any thing.
But this time they choose to restrict themself.
Shinbo told about this in every interview about 3gatsu.

No webm?

I haven't seen one, but if no one else does, I'll make some before the season is over.

Everday until canon.

Attached: bcc3fb1fbe096b63e8a2357b00338744eaf8ace3 (1).jpg (1070x1560, 428K)

The last two episode were incredibly good. The whole second season has been really strong. But these two plus the pigeon episode are something else.

Is this what you are looking for or a shorter section?

Attached: [Commie] 3-gatsu no Lion - 40 [9DFB91B9].webm (852x480, 2.3M)

Can do with that. Thanks.

He'll confess his love when he stops jobbing, i.e. never.

Shaff Kino.

Extra gameplay is bad but plot wise it isn't that bad they really needed 25 episodes to flesh things out and Shaft can't do good action scenes too.

Holy shit this. I love Violet Evergarden but 3gatsu shits all over it in comparison. It's amazing.

THIS IS GOING TO HAPPEN
I REFUSE TO LET IT END ANY OTHER WAY

Attached: angry jetplane.jpg (640x480, 36K)

That scene was pure, undiluted kino. Both this two-parter and the Meijin arcs have been some of the best anime episodes in years. It's funny how most anons are too busy shitflinging at each other over mediocre seasonal shitposting bait like VEG and DiTF to pay any attention to this show's jewel of a second season. That is actually a good thing though.

It looks great and all, but the old man's speech and the voice acting is what sells you the gravitas of the match.

There's been a lot of talk about the animation, but the music was really good, too. Especially for the scenes in his mind. The music has been used well throughout both seasons, but especially in these last few episodes.

Even Umino fucking love this episode
twitter.com/CHICAUMINO/status/972478382431547394

Isn't this a show about chess?

I am sorry, this is what all the fuss was about with fags praising Shaft?

I want my time back.

It's about a boy marrying a loli.

90% of the show is stills and the usual Shaft garbage craftsmanship.

No that's the OTHER shogi show.
I think.

How long until it finishes airing? I'm going to put some time aside to watch it start to finish.

4 weeks

Thanks. Debating whether to rewatch the first season as well since I watched it when it aired but I don't want it to be a chore.