Cowboy Bebop

Was the dub really as good as people made it out to be? Or was the ease of access and being shown frequently on TV in the west made it
much more popular over the sub?

Attached: spike-spiegel.jpg (1035x668, 221K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=LfX8pOiuWFc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: cowboy-bebop-drunk-spike-desktop-background.jpg (2560x1600, 665K)

Attached: 1449848897208.gif (500x333, 982K)

I have that same still-frame on a wallscroll hanging in my office I bought like 14 years ago.

Steve Blum and Mary Elizabeth McGlynn are gonna be at my local comic con this May.

I’m excited.

Dandy and Bebop Dub > Sub
Samurai Champloo Sub > Dub

it was better than the jap version (by their own admission), and taught the western market that anime wasn't cartoons and could be treated seriously.
It was a legitimately fantastic dub and I can't point to any real problem I had with it.

are you sincerely asking, or just trying to start a conversation? because the Cowboy Bebop dub is legendarily good. Not just "anime good", but actual voice talent good.

also:
All of Ghost in the Shell. especially the movie, where the english dub adds more voices and sound effects
Battle Angel Alita. especially any time Gally/Alita is fighting
Samurai Champloo. seriously, it's not even worth watching the japanese dub. there is no advantage, and looking down at the subs distracts from the beautiful animation

any others? I liked Ergo Proxy and Last Exile.

>it was better than the jap version (by their own admission)
Sup Forums loves to say this but has never posted a source.

>ai raiku de cowboy bebopu dubu more dan ze subu -Shinichiro Watanabe (2004)
See?

I swear I remember seeing the sauce before for it (and in the same vein, Yu Yu Hakusho) but I can't find it. That or I'm experiencing the Mandela Effect.

>watch it dubbed
>okay that's good
>decide to try subs because English has gotten gratting for me to listen to
>spike is voiced by kaji
>sounds more serious than blum
>Vicious is much more intimidating
>wtf I love the sub now

Attached: 08_C071_kaji.jpg (360x270, 27K)

All of the best anime dubs were by Bandai. Cowboy Bebop, FLCL, Big O, Haruhi, Lucky Star, and Outlaw Star for starters.

I didn't mind the dub for the most part except for Spike's VA. His performance wasn't bad, it was just way inferior to the Japanese one who plays Spike way more subdued, which is more in tune with the character itself.
So if I'd never watched the sub I probably wouldn't have complaints about it, the dub is good on its own but inferior to the Japanese.

Yeah that's the same thing that happened to me, I was watching it dubbed, turned on the sub out of curiosity and liked the more toned down Spike.

Its mandela effect because the source doesn't exist and that was never said.
Only Toonami faggots say it in the first place.

Outlaw Star's dub is painfully mediocre even by the standards at its creation. Big O is the only on that I would claim is superior to the sub

Attached: 1498328137901.jpg (1920x1080, 200K)

CALL ME CALL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>megumi hayashibara
>yamadera kouichi
>NORIO WAKAMOTO
the original language was pretty great

I can't remember gook voice people for the life of me.
But kouichi
fuck
I didn't expect a guy that looks like this to be voicing people like kaji or spike

Attached: 6716l.jpg (289x450, 43K)

youtube.com/watch?v=LfX8pOiuWFc

The sub is vastly superior. Spike is fine in English but the rest of the cast is average at best.

I think the Japanese voice actor for Roger fits him a lot more than the English one.

Don't talk shit about Wendee Lee's Faye Valentine.

The dub was good if you say all non-bad original Japanese voice acting is good. It wasn't something special, just not shit like a lot of dubs out there.

Attached: 1500124571767.jpg (274x184, 12K)

I don't understand why Sup Forums fags have such a hard on for subs. All Japanese men's voices sound the same, all the women sound like squealing 12yo girls.

Attached: 1520278571636.png (540x517, 123K)

>calling people Sup Forumsfags on Sup Forums

Holy shit. This man's based beyond belief.

Attached: the fuck.gif (342x338, 1.5M)

Does a high quality, not garbage version of this exist out there?

Attached: Untitled.png (2740x1780, 1.2M)

>Sup Forums fags
go back
>All Japanese men's voices sound the same, all the women sound like squealing 12yo girls
get your ears checked

get YOUR ears checked huh....

LET ME KNOW IT'S ALRIGHT

>....
go back

Kill yourself. At this point I think Americans get some kind of sadistic pleasure out of that incompetent actress ruining iconic characters.

The dub was good. Most dubs are good.