Does a character count as a Mary Sue if they die?

Does a character count as a Mary Sue if they die?

Attached: 1474162261.jpg (630x400, 37K)

If they continue to do their shit while dead, then yes.

Pic unrelated?

Fuck off

Yes. Especially if their death is a big deal in the story.

Yes

Attached: 1492155432231.jpg (768x1024, 84K)

I still don't get the argument that Chiaki is a Mary Sue somehow

Apparently she's Kohacka's favorite character and the madman still fucked her up multiple times.

Jesus wasn't a mary sue, his transformation from man to messiah was really complicated. And like anyone he had problems, like being afraid of his destiny.

Is there a source for where he says she's his favourite?

Absolutely. One of the biggest traits of a mary sue is them dying at the end to save everyone and all the characters crying and raving about how amazing they were.

Wasn't Toko his favorite?
Either way, being the creator's favorite does not equal being a Sue, don't be retarded.

depends on how long their reign of terror lasts

Jesus have had shit went wrong quite a bit, though.

As long as you're cute.

Has there been a Mary Sue that wasn't cute?

I don't get why Chiaki should be considered a Mary Sue. Her only power is being good at video games and she dies horribly anyways.

Yes

Attached: tumblr_m4csijf2DN1qjnwix[2].png (500x266, 127K)

Because everyone loves her and can't stop sucking her dick 24/7.

Yes. The original Mary Sue dies protecting the crew of the Enterprise.

Didn't the original Mary Sue from A Trekkie's Tale die in the end?

Dying, especially in some hugely dramatic and important way? That's on the checklist.
DR3 Chiaki wasn't a mary sue though, she was just a bad idea.

>implying

OP is a fag for giving bad examples. Here's a better one

Attached: MedakaUnderwear.gif (781x960, 2.88M)

Context for this example?

series is about kids with superpowers, she mary sues the hell out of any problem she has. included the edgy parts.

granted i still enjoyed the anime, should read the manga someday, but i'm easy to please.

What that user said. She has the ability to copy anything with 120% mastery. Later she even does that from hearsay. Eventually she dies just to keep going in some zombie mode, running her hear manually with some trick. She's mostly parody to other protagonists and you'd read the manga for every character but her

>Has absolutely no character flaws, only fails because others do first
>Everyone loves her despite her relationships being severely underdeveloped with her classmates
>Is weirdly submissive to and adoring of the MC given how long they know eachother
>Has no significant development or character, is generally very shallow

People call her a mary sue because the term has degraded in the common parlance on here to just mean "a female character who is written like shit and boring but is supposed to be loved by the audience and cast" rather than what it originally meant.

Meatspace Chiaki is shit and degrades the superior AI Chiaki merely by virtue of existing, but I agree that by the original definition she's not a mary sue.

The entire point of her is that she's a mary sue and recognised as such in universe so the author can examine and/or parody common shounen battle manga tropes via her.

The problem is that she's not particularly interesting outside a few arcs and has poor chemistry with the rest of the far more interesting cast (bar two guys) as a result. She's the MC and probably the least interesting main character at the same time even though the manga largely hinges on the sort of meta-references and self-parody she provides.

You serious? Chiaki just happened to be the least autistic of that bunch, which wasn't saying much. Considering how Hinata managed to do the same in DR2, she wasn't that extraordinary, just a cute girl who liked video games.
Also it's funny how you shit on Chiaki considering one of the biggest Mary Sues of japanese media is also there.
>Super high school multiple things that can be waived because muh despair gives me superpowers.
>Totally crazy and a genius, everyone became idiots when dealing with her.
>Corrupts people into worshipping her.
>Changed the world by herself and made it look easy.
>Charisma so great she turns the SHSL everything into her boytoy.
>Got away with fucking everything and killed herself on her own terms giving a fucking middle finger to the whole cast.
>What she did still lingers years after her death.
Fuck no. You want a Mary Sue, Junko is fucking there. I watched DR3 hoping she was alive so she could face a proper trial or get fucking killed.

>she was just a bad idea.
How so?

He didn't say that Nanami was his favourite but that a girl like Nanami would be his ideal waifu.
Even nips got salty over this.

>running her heart manually with some trick
O

>Even nips got salty over this.
Holy shit. Who is the favourite Danganronpa girl in Japan?

Obviously kirigiri.

Kirigiri for DR1, Chiaki for DR2, and Kaede for V3.
Basically, the main girls.

Not every character needs to be a walking clump of sanity breaking issues and regrets, especially when most of their screen time is in a standard drama/comedy high school setting. Sure, human Chiaki is bland and forgettable, but the role she serves doesn't need anything beyond that. For actual Mary Sues who the (atrociously written) universe revolves around, see Naegi and . DR is a perfect example of a franchise where the side characters are all that matters.

She's worse in the anime sure but Chiaki in DR2 is still fucking awful.

Komaeda was the main girl of DR2.

Posting best Dangan.

Attached: Mahiru_5.gif (500x257, 1.53M)

Good taste

I like to think Chiaki is so shit because of Chisa. If Chisa never made her Class Rep she would've stayed anti-social.

Attached: 1484363048176.jpg (288x402, 76K)

Junko is closer to a Mary Sue than Naegi and Chiaki.

Naegi had common sense. He refused to go full retard when most of his classmates did.

The real moral of DanganRonpa(before V3 at least)was that common sense >talent.

>She's the MC
Zenkichi is the MC, Medaka is the pseudo MC

Wonder how DR3 would've turned out without Chisa

Cute

This gives me despair

considering her death is used as the jumping off point for the entire cast falling apart and is retconned to being the main driving force for the plot of the second game happening at all, yes.

She would have been the same regardless because the writers had a huge boner for her.

Yes because they’ll have died for the greater good