Wow, this anime fucking sucked

wow, this anime fucking sucked.

Attached: une_nouvelle_affiche_pour_l_anime_b_the_beginning_6940.jpg (730x523, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=HwSZBbYiQ-o
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Like every single Netflix original ever. Why were you expecting something else?

We want the tokyoghoulzankyounoterrordeathnotemonster audience

I had zero expectations.

Yep

Because Crybaby was great and people's expectations were high after it.

Anything good about Crybaby was Yuasa, not Netflix

That's what I kept telling people.

Anyone that actually thinks just because it's Netflix that it'll be good is dumb. People that think an anime will be bad just because it's a Netflix original are also dumb. The staff and studio are the important parts.

Attached: B - The Beginning - One Tasty Criminal.png (1280x1440, 2.01M)

MC looks like Kaiki with generic hairstyle

If this was just kissu furiku & Lily wacky murder investigations it could have been good, all the supernatural shown stuff was absolutely unecessary

I don't think it was great, but I think it was ok. The beginning mystery part with koku was interesting since we knew fuck all about him, but once the info dumped happened, he wasn't interesting at all. At least Keith's story line was entertaining to the end. It felt like it was trying to have two protagonists and do much at once.

Crybaby was garbage though

I think it's the best of the "big three" Netflix releases and one of the better shows of the season.

Fight me.

Attached: 1515187454833.jpg (206x239, 28K)

pretty much

>big three
You can't use that term unless you've had a media franchise that's generated top tier sales for over a decade. Nothing Netflix shits out will ever hit that considering their hard-on for binge, causing shows to be at best seasonal and worthless for lasting franchises. Netflix subscriber count has almost hit saturation in the West, so good luck paying back the billions they owe in licenses once Disney gets into the game and pulls everything.

It's a 6.5/10 for me. The parties with investigation and detective stuff are cool, but the supernatural part was poorly executed. At least it is better than 80% of the anime of this season.

What were they thinking then? How nobody told them the plot was stupid? Or nips actually loved this?

I rate it 7/10, expected much worse after the trashing in Sup Forums

So, guys, anime like Lain, Mushishi, Texhnolyze, Kuucho buranko, Mononoke, Paraonia agent, Haibane renmei were aimed to a teen audience or YA back then? They may not been at the same level compared to each other, but compared to shit made nowadays, makes you think...

I don't fight dead people.

Attached: 1519519898256.png (549x451, 344K)

Attached: [HorribleSubs] B - The Beginning - 05 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_06.15_[2018.03.05_12.01.36].jpg (1920x1080, 82K)

It was definitely the best at being a terrible, incoherent mess. All three of the releases so far have suffered from character depth, which is sad. I'd still say Crybaby is the best of the Netflix anime this year, just because of Yuasa's directing and it having the background of the original Devilman manga behind it. I wouldn't call it a masterpiece, like so many have praised it as being.

By the way, don't know why you called then the "big three", since those aren't the only anime Netflix has for this season. There are two more airing soon, Sword Gai (23rd) and Lost Song (30th). Neither of them really interest me, though, especially Lost Song, which looks like garbage.

Attached: B - The Beginning - A Metaphor of the Show.png (1280x720, 1.03M)

Attached: [HorribleSubs] B - The Beginning - 02 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_03.42_[2018.03.05_09.24.29].jpg (1920x1080, 107K)

It's alright, it could've been much better. I thought it was pretty good and entertaining at first, then episode 5 or 6 happened, I can't remember which one exactly, but the episode with Keith giving us an infodump about Koku.

They should've doubled down on just Keith's story and his investigation together with Lily, and fleshed it out more characterwise. The supernatural element was completely unnecessary and ultimately detrimental. And that's like half of the fucking show.

It's beyond me why they tried so hard to do multiple things at once.

Keith is cool as fuck though but I might be biased since I love characters like him and the ED is pretty nice.

>Fight me
Where do you want to meet?

LILY IS CUTE

C
U
T
E

Lily is made for anal.

Attached: 1520764397453.jpg (1920x1080, 144K)

It reminds me of Un-Go.
Don't know why Sup Forums shat on it so much.

I agree with you. I thought it was mostly okay. If the story would've just centered around the RiS, some shadow organization, Keith and that crazy doctor, I think it could've been really good.

These divine mutant-things ruined the series.

Attached: 190973-gordon1.jpg (501x640, 21K)

un-go was actually good, not chuuni shit

youtube.com/watch?v=HwSZBbYiQ-o

Seven deadly sins was good.

and I ended dissapointed.
My god what the fuck was all that pile of crap?

It would have been fine if they atleast attempted to merge the two storylines.

That aired on TV.

Police stuff was pretty fun, demon stuff was needlessly convoluted and pretty stupid. I'm glad the cute demon girl survived, that's the only thing that I remember from the demon stuff.

>there are people on Sup Forums who watch anime on netflix
>there are people on Sup Forums who watch anime only on netflix
Let those skink in.

>The beginning mystery part with koku was interesting since we knew fuck all about him
>predicating a mystery on an amnesiac with little screentime within an entirely different story
interesting

>I fucking loved this anime but because Netflix is attached I hate it

>After credit scenes hinted a sequel
I wonder if they will actually make a second season

I’m still waiting for Children of the Whales.

That's not netflix production.

I will grant that Blame! was semi-decent, if they upped the fps to ~48 it might be enjoyable. The 23.9 fps on 3d animation is shit.

Damn, your post almost made me care what other people do with their life.

All I know about this show is the one character looked like Yuri from Yuri on Ice for like two seconds.

Attached: IMG_3988.jpg (720x484, 52K)

I fucking hope this is bait, and I'm an idiot for replying. The alternative, people actually believing something like this, is way worse.

Lol, I zoned out on this pic for like 5 min

The main issue for me was that it was basically two very different stories that were shoddily connected.
One is a grounded story about a middle-aged detective looking for his sister's killer.
Other about mahou shonen angel-demon hybrid hyper violently decapitating supersoldiers and Alex DeLarge in over the top action scenes.

Both of them were "eh" at best and they didn't even try to keep it consistent in terms of tone.
They should've dumped the superpower shonen part to begin with because it's characters barely got any focus and development as is.

I agree that whole god plot line could have been its own anime the detective part of it was good

>They actually pulled a "we are not so different, you and I" at the end
Dude you're a serial killer, there's a difference between that and being obsessed with riddles

>when you kill your enemies they win

Attached: Flag_of_Canada_(Pantone).png (1200x600, 18K)

I hate that shit.
>NO! Don't shoot him! It's what he wants!"
>The fucker has killed a gorillion people
>Even if he ended up in jail, he would still get the death sentence

>muh genres
Being autistic must suck so hard.

I liked the mutant stuff.

He shot him though.

It shouldn't have even been brought up in the first place.
As if the scene wasn't dragging on long enough already, there was no need for the psychological nonsense of why he should or shouldn't shoot him.

I would've liked it if it was actually developed; the angel boy never went beyond "muh Yuno", other supersoldier characters were never given any sort of depth either.
As it is, it was just some jarringly different action scenes background for the detective mystery.

Unko was absolutely chuuni shit

reminded me of phi brain there at the end

Writing was trash, the whole Koku's storyline was pure garbage.

Still better than nuDevilman. Also better animation with actual shading instead of konosuba-tier scribbles

They say that he won in the end during the car ride epilogue

Casuals are not welcome here.

>The main issue for me
It's not just for you, it was legit poorly done.

I couldn't be bothered to pay attention to the supernatural parts at all. Whenever those gay-looking retards came up on screen, I just spaced out. I wish it just focused on Keith.

Don't kid yourselves, the mystery parts were just as soulless and generic as the Koku parts.
The murderer reveal was such a fucking joke.

And they got it! Starting to watch this now!

true

they were less cringey tho

Yeah. Both of them were really half-assed because the show was splitting itself between them. I was interested in the mystery aspect simply because it was the less stupid of the two.

I enjoyed it. It wasn't that bad had me pretty hype for some of the episodes about Koku going ape. I still wanna know who Regulus is though.

House of Cards season 1 was good

The koku parts were simply insanely hollow, substanceless and deviceish. Not saying that the Keith parts were much better but they didn't felt as forced.

Netflix has just as many chances and opportunities to make kino as whatever studio. It's just they like to cement themselves or something. A lot of netflix exclusives are lacking so much. Made so that netflix has a wide assortment, not because of some artistic wish to create something. If they just chilled and started hiring people who are actual artists instead of people who just produce netflix might actually "save" anime.

That’s disingenuous. Netflix is doing very good in giving creators freedom to do the works they like and not what the japanese market forces them, if it wasn’t for Netflix B: The beginning would have been about a bunch of cute demons with Keith being a shy cute detective apprentice helping them in their cute mischievous activities or some shit.

B was nothing short of good and Netflix will save anime from itself.

How was the sells of Crybaby/AICO/B?

>B was nothing short of good
Hahaha kill youself.
It not being moeshit does not automatically make it good. Psycho Pass S2 was trash. Zankyou no Terror was trash. And guess what, this one is trash as well.

I’m right and there is nothing you can do to change that, anime has been Sakokud for too long, we will force them to open and they are going to like it unironically, they’ve been kidnapped by otakus for too long they deserve their creative freedom back.

for most people 60 FPS will actually look weird for hte 1st few eps

I was enjoyable, but I wish it was more like Psycho Pass and less like Tokyo Ghoul

Devilman is good.
Aico is okay.
B is hot garbage.

All things considered that's an unsurprising spread of shows for Netflix. It's also not surprising that people are debating their quality even though I'd argue none of them are particularly special. Aico and B could've aired any season and been largely skipped or forgotten. Devilman would've had decent amounts of weekly talk because it gets talked about now pretty frequently.

It actually started with only the super power stuff and was called Perfect Bones. The detective bits were added later.

>B was nothing short of good
You need to come back to reality.

Truely the Monster of our generation.

Attached: MonsterVIZMedia.jpg (656x900, 268K)

Monster has some actually good writing, it was just retardedly drawn-out, like all other works by that author (except Pluto). B is literal shit.

yeah it was a shame that the show peaked at the opening each episode and then quickly went downhill

Still don't get how a random kid managed to infiltrate and disguise himself in the same building where the equivalent of the FBI and the whacky clown squad had eyes everywhere and everything was put on lockdown.

B is better than AICO.
Superior director.

Whoa there, have you actually watched AICO? B might have a lot of flaws but AICO doubles down on all of them. I can't find a single redeeming thing about that show.

B is the best produced of the three.
Very little QUALITY.

Regulus obviously was the gay doc, how could you possibly miss it

The manga didn't feel drawn-out, it was just adapted into anime pretty badly.

He "won" because he wanted to get shot and is probably still getting off about it in his grave, he was a perverted faggot

I almost skipped the Koku fights at the end. I just couldn't care less, especially since I wanted to know how the mainplot unfolds. Even the characters were far better than the supernatural ones.

AICO is a generic Bones anime. It offers an average sci-fi adventure with expected and predictable plot beats that it hits on time and ultimately delivers a coherent show with some mild twists.

B is Production IG at some of its worst if for no other reason than it has no idea what it wants to be, and you can read threads like this to kind of understand why. People can't decide if B should be more like Psycho Pass or more like Tokyo Ghoul - opinions on either show aside, that's a strange ass spectrum to move between because those shows are so different. You're going to tell me the studio that made Psycho Pass, GitS, Ghost Hound, and Occultic;Nine can't get mystery thriller right? It should've been an easy win.

Gilbert.

It's not like Netflix had any artistic input in B either. This is as I.G. as it gets.

The best thing from the show.

B has worst direction than AICO and it ain't better

>You're going to tell me the studio that made Psycho Pass, GitS, Ghost Hound, and Occultic;Nine can't get mystery thriller right?
Considering all those shows were garbage yes.

It was awful, but at least the OST was nice.