Motives that are arguably superior to the heroes

>motives that are arguably superior to the heroes

When did you realize that The Hero Hunter was a god tier villain?

Attached: hero hunter.png (797x1164, 518K)

bump

>discount Stain
>god tier villain
kek

>Garou came first
>discount Stain
Oh my! it seems we have an autist

Attached: 9_400.png (270x250, 48K)

Just because a character came first doesn't mean it's better you troglodyte. Garou is just a hypocrite version of Stain.

just because someone may or may not be badly written, doesn't make him a discount-someone

>throwing a childish tantrum
>superior motives
yeah right

Attached: 1408.jpg (600x848, 135K)

His motives were so flimsy and silly even someone as simply as Saitama was able to completely rip them apart and point out how weak they were.

What killed the hype?

Why do people place so much importance in motive? It's important but not THAT important.

He is mentally ill and a manchild like a lot of ONE's villains.

>this damage control
watch more anime, read more manga, stain isn't the first or not the only villain who fights to improve the society, you doing nothing but making bokutards look bad, good going user

No, his motives and end goal are consistent. Saitama was able to make him lose his will to fight because he's fucking Saitama, he's unbeatable and impossible to intimidate. Garou made everyone else piss their pants, all according to keikaku.

Attached: 1518471553921.png (672x703, 326K)

flimsy and silly != inconsistent

I addressed that. There's nothing silly or weird about an ages old symbol of fear plot and nothing flimsy about it either when the only one that could stop Garou is their universe's walking freaking unbeatable plot device.

>There's nothing silly or weird about an ages old symbol of fear plot
It's one of the shittiest tropes around, but whatever
>and nothing flimsy about it either
It's not flimsy because the only person who can disrupt it is a freak of nature, it's flimsy because you'd need to be in elementary school to think it's a sensible idea. If it works in the setting, it's a shitty setting.

>When did you realize that The Hero Hunter was a god tier villain
Like the very second I saw his cute little mug right here. You just know he came to save the show and give it a pair of balls.
Best husbando tier as well.

Attached: 105350573.jpg (371x306, 60K)

Are you falseflagging? Holy shit, try to be a little less obvious.

Attached: geng.png (480x480, 144K)

gay shallow retard that only likes things for their appearance, kill yourself.

Ehh? he beat everyone, but "piss their pants" is not true. If I remember right at least Genos, Pig God, Bang, Tanktop Master and Metal Bat would have fought him as long as they could move. He needed to take them out of the fight completely to stop them.

That's your opinion. But it's a breath of fresh air for OPM where the stale "we are one-trope heroes we hunt monsters weekly hurr durr" status quo did not move a freaking inch until Garou's arc and the long overdue fallout between the hero association and the rest of the world came.

OPM's setting is wacky and outrageous in many aspects, with plenty room for social commentary nonetheless.

He scared many high ranking heroes and ovewhelmed them physically without even needing to go serious and cripple them for life at the end, user.

I'm a chick you miserable imbecile.

And literally 99% of male characters in OPM are drawn extremely attractive and sexualized, most of them are even handsomer than Garou.
No one likes him primarilymfor his looks that was a joke, or is he supposed to deliver "a pair of balls" like I said to a manga about fighting with his cute face?

Stop pretending to be retarded. The guy is superior to all other character in every way, primarily his attitude and personality dipshit, learn to read.

Appearance and personality are the main reasons why people like characters, specially in this kind of manga. You don't have to agree with their actions to like them, you fucking autists. I swear this threads are full of retards like you.

Attached: garousmug.png (800x1150, 955K)

Motives are what make a villain

Another idiot that fell for the meme chart. Motives are only a tiny part of what makes a character.

When ONE spent half of the series to flesh out Garou and gave him a more or less human personality. It’s not like the character is revolutionary as a villain in general but he stands out in his cast by a mile.

Actually, motives are nothing more than an additional spice/ingredient to give a character more background and three-dimensionality. They're certainly not what makes a villain.
You can create a villain with the most intricate, interesting and secretly noble motives without making him attractive or appealing to a single person. People would literally watch the show/manga and go: "Oh yeah, that was actually pretty interesting fuck me" and forget him in 1 day.

The main thing what makes all good villains good is their attitude, not even their personality (which can often be hidden).

A character must behave in an appealing and charismatic fashion to draw people in and villains are often also additionally endowed with a air of misery about them. Often you're not directly told all there is to know about them and even when you are the author usually writes it in a way that the character doesn't always know himself fully and that there's more to his behavior than his motives alone.

Motives are a reflection of his character, not the other way around.

>Garou is just a hypocrite version of Stain.
Are you implying Stain isn't a hypocrite?

why are mhafags so retarded

The entire point of Stain is that he's a hypocrite, retard.

But Saitama is perceptive as fuck. He reads every character's ulterior motives like a book.

He’s just shitposting. I couldn’t care less about Stain’s one-dimensional ass, but Garou’s mentality is forming in his arc, he always sticks to his core beliefs anyway and actually recognizes moments when he lacks determination to do something, because of his desire to be seen as the strongest symbol of fear. It’s called feeling conflicted.

How is Saitama still a likable character despite being just another overpowered MC amidst the flood of isekai hack protags? What does he have that others don't?

when he became the literal MC, not a throwaway villain. This guy is currently more fleshed out than just about any other character.