Is there an issue with liking something that the majority seems to hate...

Is there an issue with liking something that the majority seems to hate?(Like SAO or other shows) Why can't someone just like something or dislike something and leave it at that?

Attached: 1520815790119.jpg (928x530, 58K)

Why do you care?

Blame those youtubers with their shitty clickbait video. Everybody taste is shit and that is the truth.

Well you have a point with that, I don't think I care in the sense that I'm defending a show or manga but what I want to know is why we as intelligent beings look at someone enjoying something we dislike and feel the need to tell them that they are wrong and they need to like what we like instead. I'll use SAO again as example, people who say they like it constantly get shouted at online for liking it for what I can see is no reason and it makes no sense to me. If I like yellow flowers and someone likes red flowers, who's in the wrong if he comes over and rips out my yellow flower and gives me 10 red flowers to look at when I was happy with my one yellow flower?

There is nothing wrong with liking something if you still acknowledge it's flaws. I find parts of SAO extremely entretaining. The aincrad arc, mother's rosario, the movie. Those were all fun. But ALO and GGO are trash. Kirito is a fucking terribly written character. Suguha's incestuous complex and the other harembait girls are all stupid because Asuna is THE winner, she won a quarter of the way through season 1. Having the majority of the villain's motivations be psychotic rape fantasies are fucking boring and a sign of uninspired writing.

If you claim SAO is the greatest anime ever made you deserve to to be shat on. If you claim to like it but acknowledge it's flaws when you are expressing your critical opinion of it that's fine. This applied to any anime/manga/LN.

Acknowledging flaws to downplay how much you like something is the coward's way out.

it's ok to like something most people find shitty as it is ok for people to shit on your taste. more importantly, you shouldn't be surprised when people shit on your opinions when it goes so strongly against the grain. best thing you can do is to just not admit you like shitty things.

pro-tip - if you cant defend it, don't shill it

no, it just means you have bad/shallow taste. If you can be appeased by trash, your opinion is irrelevant.

>implying the majority hate SAO

>Why can't someone just like something or dislike something and leave it at that?

That's fine and all, just don't bring it into Sup Forums. No one wants to discuss your shit anime.

Bad analogy. If someone likes to eat literal shit (You). And someone else is elite world class food connoisseur (Sup Forums). You should listen to what he says and thank him for trying to set you straight. You getting mad about someone calling out your literal shit taste is on you.

Ah how could I forget. There's no room for the middle ground here. Thanks for reminding me user.

Well yes it does have flaws and I agree with you on most of your points, mainly the Kirito bowl one because that's something I hated as well, but GGO to me was good. It was bullshit but it was good bullshit. Predicting the prediction lines was entertaining to the point where it has become a joke to my friend and I where we just add more predictions and Kirito vs DG was badass in my opinion.

My major issue and also the reason I like the show is how predictable and unpredictable it is. The detective episode in SAO was like a good mystery novel that surprised me and the identity of DG had me shocked, but I think the main thing for this show for me is that I watched it with a close friend. Experiencing something with others almost always boosts the experience and I think that most people are too analytical when watching alone and they notice one or two flaws, that's when you get endless youtube videos shitting on the show.

but don't tastes apply to the flower analogy?

no, because liking flowers is gay

Are you asking Sup Forums for permission to like things without Sup Forums's permission? Because that's retarded.

Go back to leddiit

yeah you shuold watch evangelion

I have watched the series myself, I tried watching it with a friend because he had heard a lot about it and wanted to watch it but he hated it so we stopped. Whether you watch a show by yourself or not doesn't change whether is bad or not. But really, why do you care? What else can you be doing right now besides trying to tell a website full of anonymous people why you like a show knowing people are going to argue about it? You should probably be doing something else.

I have. Without EoE it's a solid 6/10. The movie saved it.

solid 11/10 i know ive seen like 16 shows