When will studios stop using forced animation like this?

When will studios stop using forced animation like this?

It never looks good. I don't know why its so popular.

Attached: 1520882635048.webm (800x822, 1.48M)

I'll tell you two things
1.It's called rotoscoping
2. It's quick and easy.

The fuck is "forced animation"

Attached: niggaWHAT.png (261x270, 61K)

>forced animation

What did OP mean by this?

It looks a fuckton better than the typical 4 frames per second animation all trash anime uses. You must be a console gamer to dislike that level of fluidity. Up your brain game son.

It's when animation actually has multiple movements and doesn't resemble a middle schooler's flash animation project.

>He doesn't know what rotoscoping is

Is it still 'focred' if it's super specific?

Attached: dangaizer bounce.webm (708x480, 180K)

Rotoscoping is far more legitimate than half-assed janky QUALITY animation.

>what is a reference image or video

It's obvious not a single one of you "forced animation" brainlets has ever spent a day in your life actually drawing or animating anything.

You replied to the wrong person you mong

No I was replying to you, who completely misinterpreted that person's post. He was mocking "forced animation" posters.

Hotaru shouldn't be allowed to wear those monstrosity pants.

God forbid a character dances in the ED.
Stop whining you retard.

Attached: 1501006450277.webm (640x360, 2.95M)

You're free to blink your eyes 12 times per second to skip all the extra frames you don't want to see

I think he means awkward rotoscoped animation

Lurk for 2 years before posting

No human moves like that. Miyazaki was right.

Holy fuck does that look terrible

Clear example of how better animation doesn't automatically mean improved

Its an ED that has some upbeat music. That animation makes perfect sense.

lmao she's spazzing out

It's a meme name for excessive animation framerates that catch the eye or look unnatural when the rest is normal 8/12/whatever fps animation. It has nothing to do with rotoscoping, though it's one way to achieve forced animation.

Attached: 1383793501201.gif (576x324, 1.06M)

you can't top the animation from w/e that japanimation was with the girl dropping her chips and perspective quality second girl jogging up to help pick up fallen chips, then walking away together.

>forced animation
this might be the dumbest fucking meme Sup Forums has ever come up with.

If you don't know what that's from you really need to get on lurking and stop posting

Attached: 1513741633117.jpg (800x1130, 328K)

You need to lurk forever.

AH FUCK IT'S HOT A GOD JESUS THE ROOF OF MY MOUTH CHRIST

Violet Evergarden

Animation some retard doesn't like because autism then uses forced animation as a term with zero thought beyond shitposting

Given that example, any old animated Disney movie would be considered 'forced animation'.

Detailed character animation is/was one of the defining traits of Western animation, the animation of a single character would be assigned to a single animator, who'd be basically act to direct that character. Western animators would also be trained in acting, so their animation is like giving a performance.

OTOH animators in anime are often handed the direction of a single scene and are given a larger focus for cinematography, so Japanese animators are closer to directors than actors. Since anime is traditionally drawn in less frames because of budget constraints, animators are more reliant on strong key-poses and overexaggerated stylization similar to kabuki in order to make up for the nowhere-as-detailed animation, whereas the better animators are often reserved for action scenes. However, this does result in each character essentially being animated in the same way, and moving in the same way. In anime, seeing a character express themselves through animation is a very rare sight. A character getting mad in Western animation would be portrayed through clearly angered movements. A character getting mad in Japanese animation would be portrayed with a static key-pose of a character looking angry and saying something that indicates that, often accompanied by some sound effect.

People are so used to low framerates in anime that moments of more detailed animation look incredibly out of place in comparison. I don't think character animation makes for something inherently superior, but it certainly is an unexplored avenue, so it kind of pains me to see that people say dumb shit like 'forced animation' the moment characters show a little detail in their movement.

if you want an example of forced animation just look at zelda cd-i cutscenes

I dont even think thats rotoscoping.

sounds about right

Attached: JT1xxe9.gif (400x225, 1.99M)

My teeth hurt every time I see her bite into the fork.

I really dislike the term "force animation", but overanimating something can be a problem.

These are not overanimated (and considering Dagashi Kashi's example is from the ED, it would've gotten a pass if it was forced.

This is.

I think the problem with anime is exactly because overanimated scenes look very out of place in most works. Older Disney animated films looked good because the quality was constant, but they had the time, budget, talent and workforce to make that happen. Even though Disney sunk the hand-drawn animated ship in favor of 3D animation for movies and CG2D for their cartoon shows, I highly doubt they would be able to make a movie that comes close to at least the Little Mermaid in terms of quality. Anyways, back to anime. Studios don't have the same luxuries as 60s-90s Disney. They have to animate a bulk of the series over a few weeks period (key animation is done in advance though), VAs practically voice the shows a few days in advance and the complete series budget is smaller than the budget of an episode of Family Guy. So when they have what's practically a puppet on a stick show and this scene comes out, it sticks out like a sore thumb.
SHAFT and Kyoani get a pass cause they usually are constant.

>forced animation
When will this meme die. "forced animation" has no fucking meaning besides ascribing to it animation the faggot OP doesn't like for no reason.

Attached: 1473030355605.png (1280x1440, 1.62M)

The people who call everything rotoscoping sure as fuck don't know what it is.

Unforced animation is even worse to be honest

>forced animation

Is this a thing?

What the fuck is going on there? Is she having an orgasm? That shit doesn't look natural at all. This one is good though, OP is a faggot.

I want to suck on Hotaru's huge sugar titties

Attached: Hotaru clothes change.webm (488x600, 349K)

>When will studios stop using forced animation like this?
when my balls are empty

Notice how her height doesn't change when she is out of the high heels.

Fuck, I can't unsee it

it changes but not enough from what the heels give.

A phrase that morons use.

Yeah it does.

>he fell for the forced animation meme
Forced animation doesn't actually exist, newfriend, it's just a term to make newfriends show their true powerlevel

It changes enough to be noticeable

when 0 2 grow those BAZOOPERS ?

thanks for the well thought out posts

Forced shitposting.

it changes but it's subtle.

Fuck you buddy, I liked this part

>forced
What?

It looks awesome. Get some taste.

Watch FranXX, it does this a lot without looking jarring.

The problem isn't anime not doing character animation, the problem is that anime has a tendecy to "store up" on animation for big moments, so you end up with moments that want to be expressive but instead look ridiculous because there's a tendency to go all out whenever they're doing something fluid. Western animation has the opposite problem: everything is animated as fluidly as possible so it's impossible to keep up with it or for gravitas to be conveyed.

Attached: 1518279109909.webm (960x540, 1.52M)

STOP GIVING A FELATIO TO THE FUCKING FOOD AND EAT IT. FOR FUCKS SAKE.

If there's one thing FranXX is doing right, it's character animation. If only the mecha scenes were on the same level.

Looks artificial as fuck aka shit.

>Pulling some guess from the top of his head
You could not have been more wrong even if you actually tried to.

wow. she looks like a good dancer. must be forced animation

Except that's clearly not rotoscoped, and rotoscoping is neither quick nor easy.