JoJo

Which part was overall the saddest for you, and why?
Unconventional answers encouraged.

Attached: 1511028995281.jpg (360x408, 33K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=C8fgY3AUNQM&list=PLVSmE10fWX-AoginpDrXZGfHXwEb-1V9h&index=5
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hard to say, probably 3 or 5

Attached: hair.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

Part 6 by far, seeing everything end was hard breaking, didn't expect everyone to die, especially jotaro

Attached: Capture.jpg (753x651, 176K)

this was the saddest part

Attached: hairwindow.webm (500x491, 2.93M)

5 and 6.
In VA it was sad to see so many characters I love die or die infinitely. SO's ending absolutely destroyed me.

6 was bittersweet, which might be even sadder. There's a ray of hope but in the end, like Foo Fighters said, that isn't "really her" anymore. Irene may have Jolyne's soul, but it will never have her history, and not even her name.

Attached: 64261746_p13.jpg (960x1280, 443K)

part 6's ending destroyed me. part 3 made me sad as well but the ending didnt really do it for me

Part 1. Jonathan won but at the cost of everything and everyone he ever held dear.

He never even got to find out he was going to be a father, let alone live to see it born.

Attached: 28334806_p0.png (500x600, 111K)

3, with 6 as a very close second.
Call me autistic but I felt a very special connection the cast of SDC, and not just because I'm in love with Kakyoin. I felt like I shared a very fun journey with them, and it was incredibly entertaining to watch them. When Iggy died, it absolutely fucking broke my heart, and even moreso when Kakyoin died as well. Avdol was a good friend to Polnareff's, so I couldn't help but feel bad for him either. Not only that, Polnareff ended up going his own way, leaving Jotaro and Joseph. You can tell that Jotaro finally found friends with how much he got angered by Kakyoin's death and how he teared up (probably just held back) when Polnareff was about to leave. The SDCs shared a special kind of friendship that eventually broke apart with 3 deaths, Polnareff's departure, and the fact that Joseph himself was only getting older and more senile.
Also doesn't help that in the end, Polnareff couldn't reunite with Jotaro and Joseph in Part 5 and died with a memory of their Egypt journey being shown in his last moments.

Attached: sdc gang.png (419x474, 411K)

I found 4 to be the saddest just because Hayato never felt a satisfying conclusion up to the end. I don't think Reimi ever told him what really happened.

youtube.com/watch?v=C8fgY3AUNQM&list=PLVSmE10fWX-AoginpDrXZGfHXwEb-1V9h&index=5

Attached: kakyoin.png (1560x1200, 2.96M)

What the fuck did Jonathan do to deserve the entirety of Phantom Blood?

Ah fuck, that hurts.
It hurts even more because I can mostly relate to him, except for the Stand thing, of course.

Attached: solemn kakyoin.jpg (654x750, 61K)

He's actually a pretty great character who is otherwise ruined by memes

He dared to fight back against Dio.

If he'd surrendered at any point or willingly became Dio's lackey, he'd have been spared all of his suffering.

It's because he accepted Dio's challenge and successfully stopped him albeit temporarily that be became the man he is today.

Attached: 48611072_p45.jpg (450x675, 465K)

things just happen
you could call it the work of fate
:^)

He is, and you're right. Most comments I see about Kakyoin is about being a "MILF Hunter", which was okay for the first or second time it was said, then it was beaten to death and became painfully unfunny. He's also fucked over by fujos making him the stereotypical 'uke' in their shitty doujins and fanfiction and making him completely out-of-character without even noticing it, only caring about his appearance but not his personality. It pisses me off, but there's nothing I can do.

Attached: cloaked kak.jpg (1000x1600, 134K)

Kakyoin probably shit himself when he died

Actually the context of his character sadly serves the fujo ship. Dude comes back with sunglasses trying to play up how hes gonna give it his all now and still loses to D'arby and dies to DIO.

Is this the longest break between animated JoJo parts that there's ever been?

Attached: 1411181691632.png (268x235, 153K)

3 was definitely tragic (Iggy's death was the worst), and 6 was quite harsh. I feel that 4 goes third,then 5

Most people who die do, user. There's a chance that (You) might shit yourself when you die as well.

Kakyoin was unfortunately underutilized, but I don't see how that serves the 'fujo ship' if he hardly has any chemistry with Jotaro.

sadly, this. i fucking love kakyoin and relate to him in a way too

>Kakyoin was unfortunately underutilized
What? But we just spent the thread talking about his character, but his drummed up comeback and unfortunate failures are crucial to that.

>1993 OVA
>2001 OVA
>2011 anime

not really if you count the ova; we really just gotta be patient

That doesn't mean he isn't underutilized. He won 3 fights and assisted in a couple in which he ultimately lost because Jotaro just had to win for some reason. The Steely Dan one is an exception. This is most noticeable with the Terence fight where a more satisfying conclusion could've been reached if he won based on skills instead of Jotaro and Joseph cheating. Sure it's funny that Jotaro knows nothing about video games, but it would've given a much better ending if Kakyoin ended up making a good comeback and won against Terence using skills alone. This would show that he hasn't lost his touch even though he was out of commission for numerous chapters.
The reason he's underutilized is because other characters are instead given the spotlight to fights he could otherwise win by himself. The spotlight mostly goes to both Polnareff and Jotaro. Avdol is universally acknowledged to be underutilized even though he does play a big role in Polnareff's character development.

Between DP parts, yes.

>Jotaro just had to win for some reason
stopped there
dont read shounen

user, I like shonen, but it doesn't mean that you can just underutilize characters that people would like to see more of just because they're not the protagonist.

Attached: smug kak 4.png (538x556, 328K)

does kakyoin count as underutilized if he basically saves the part 3 heroes from getting crushed by dio by learning the secret of his stand at the expense of his life?

Compared to Jotaro and Polnareff? Yes.
I won't deny his importance to finding out DIO's The World, but there are many fights that he could've taken charge of instead of being the side character as always.

Yeah, but you're just missing the point which is that Jotaro is this bulky student with hamon warrior blood fit to be a wasteland warrior at the age of 17, years of history behind his bloodline and Kak is like normie plays videogames in the living room and paints while he cries 17 year old student
He spouts delusional bullshit to Jotaro when he meets him about how 'evil is right' to try and validate allowing DIO to control him and dwells on Jotaro saving him as a major debt he should repay. He spends most of the part playing support to Jotaro because Jotaro is the protagonist taking action in most situations. The only 'fight' he gets he spends getting rejected and distrusted by the only friends he's ever had, but still puts his life in danger to help them since he is the only one seeing through Death 13.
Then he gets chumped due to inaction, comes back spouting all this nonsense about how he had never really tried before now and he was really going to put it all on the line to help against DIO, loses and then dies tragically trying to play the hero.

Be grateful your favorite jojo died tragically, the one's who continue to live past the parts they starred in always end up suffering even more.

See: Speedwagon, Erina, Joseph, Jotaro.

It's the jojo curse.

>Yeah, but you're just missing the point...
What point am I missing? Araki's writing at SDC simply wasn't stellar. It seemed to me that he didn't know what to do with both Kakyoin and Avdol, and that's why they didn't have many fights and why they were out of commission. I base this on my own experience as a writer who tries to find solutions on what to do with characters I didn't know how to use but had already established, and thoughts like "maybe I can make them disappear for a while" is one of them.
Aside from that, the other parts make use of the supporting characters more than SDC ever does, save for Polnareff. Part 4 had Koichi, Part 5 had Giorno's gang, Part 6 had Emporio, Part 7 had Lucy, and Part 8 has Norisuke. These are just to name the ones that pop up first in my mind.

>He spouts delusional bullshit to Jotaro
But is that really him? There are no other hints that point out that that is truly what he thinks, unless you can point something out to me, because I don't always have a keen eye.

>The only 'fight' he gets he spends getting rejected and distrusted by the only friends he's ever had
This actually didn't make much sense to me, and I mostly just chalk it up to "forced conflict" writing. It was a good fight, though. However, this IS just one fight.

>comes back spouting all this nonsense about how he had never really tried before now
When was this? As far as I remember, he never said any of this, however I am willing to accept that I might be wrong.
However, that's not really the point - the point is that it's only like that because he is not used enough by Araki, which could've been done by making their screentimes as equal as Araki can make it.
He dies playing the hero. He helped his friends know what The World is, but that isn't enough to say that he wasn't underutilized.

>I base this on my own experience as a writer
yikes here we go
>But is that really him? There are no other hints that point out that that is truly what he thinks, unless you can point something out to me, because I don't always have a keen eye.
Of course its not what he truly thinks, did you read the manga?
He conception was that putting the nurse's life in danger was Jotaro's fault for not just surrendering himself to him and therefore DIO. All his actions were just because they were the actions of the victor and therefore would be remembered by history.
Except that Jotaro himself is the product of such history, DIO being the evil one according to history we know is correct and just because we just read 2 whole parts about it. Kakyoin discards this way of thinking when Jotaro chooses to save his life despite being an enemy, knowing his actions were being influenced and deluded by DIO's cells.
>This actually didn't make much sense to me, and I mostly just chalk it up to "forced conflict" writing. It was a good fight, though. However, this IS just one fight.
Right.
>When was this? As far as I remember, he never said any of this, however I am willing to accept that I might be wrong.
However, that's not really the point - the point is that it's only like that because he is not used enough by Araki, which could've been done by making their screentimes as equal as Araki can make it.
He dies playing the hero. He helped his friends know what The World is, but that isn't enough to say that he wasn't underutilized.
So anyway, are you a writer like some loser who writes screenplays and emails them to random studios endlessly is a writer?

btw your reddit spacing broke my greentext

>being this hostile
Calm down, user.

>yikes here we go
What? Are you the type of person who thinks that you have to be a professional in order to become "something"?

>Of course its not what he truly thinks, did you read the manga?
Of course I did, do you think I'm just talking out of my ass?

>He conception was that putting the nurse's life in danger was Jotaro's fault for not just surrendering himself to him and therefore DIO.
Your argument makes no sense after making that statement. If that's not truly what he thinks, then that isn't really him, but distorted opinions.
The fact that this happens right after Jotaro pulls out the flesh bud makes it clear that it was not his original thoughts.
When he asked Jotaro, "why did you save me?" it was most likely because he harmed Jotaro, not because of his 'strange views'. For any change of heart he had, it was because there was a Stand user (which he hadn't seen before before DIO) that helped him and could eventually become his friend, and thus help him stop from being so asocial.
There are no hints that he changed his ways because of the opinions he spouted when he was possessed by DIO's flesh buds, as it was never mentioned again, but rather the importance he places on Jotaro and the rest of his friends suggests what I have just mentioned.

>So anyway, are you a writer like some loser who writes screenplays and emails them to random studios endlessly is a writer?
Why the fuck are you attacking me based on my opinion that is based on my writing experience? Because I'm not a professional? If anything it helps me have perspective because I have experience.

>btw your reddit spacing broke my greentext
Deal with it.

I have to go to sleep now. If you have anything else to say, I'll reply to it tomorrow. Good night.

are you fucking autistic or something?

It should be illegal to be this retarded.

>not realizing Kakyoin was only manipulated
Bait.

it's not worth talking to a dumb fuck

>People are actually discussing the manga for once
>Both threads are plagued by one (possibly more, but unlikely) aggro asshole starting shit
You have to take the good with the bad, I guess.

Why do you contradict yourself after being condescending?

Attached: confusion.jpg (235x145, 12K)

>pretty great character
he only gets 5 seconds of character developement before dying

>Im feeling victimized
sorry, user
>What? Are you the type of person who thinks that you have to be a professional in order to become "something"?
No, Im the kind of person who has seen a lot of people claim to be things anonymously
its almost like you can say anything at all hahahah :^)
>tl;dr
user, the one missing the point is you. all you seem to do is complain about 'screentime' and 'under-utilization' even though I spent an entire post telling you that Kakyoin this is entirely in Kakyoin's character. You seem to not even read posts though, or rather you dont understand them since you have made it clear several times you dont even understand or remember the manga you're trying to discuss.
Your ""argument"" is that Kakyoin should have just had more segments artificially inserted into the story for him to be enjoyed by you. Which is a fanboy level complaint.
>Why the fuck are you attacking me based on my opinion that is based on my writing experience? Because I'm not a professional? If anything it helps me have perspective because I have experience.
You're only reason to mention it is to give validity to poor opinion. Stop feeling victimized because I'm not going to let user tell me he has '''experience in writing''' like he means something.
You sound like an idiot.
>Deal with it.
Idiot.
>I have to go to sleep now. If you have anything else to say, I'll reply to it tomorrow. Good night.
not your blog, "writer".

whoa, retard shitstorm
same as ever in /jojo/

youve got to be baiting right

>169740232
haha called it reddit
that'll show em
>being this much of an asshole
holy fuck, kill yourself

these threads have always been a mess of underage kids desu
like listen to these tears

shhh its not worth it, let the fag die out by not replying at all

>169740889

>underage kids
are sure you arent mixing it up, faggot?

>jojo fans who cant even understand the thing they post about constantly scatter and hide

>Kakfag
>tries to discuss reasonably
>ends up having to reply to some underage retard
Figures.

p.sure, kiddo
wanna keep crying about how kakyoin-san didnt shoot his emeralds enough and sell it to me as 'writing criticism from someone with experience'
y i k e s

>169740837
Are you fucking stupid? Kakfag is literally Writeanon I, or are you this much of a newfag?

lol who are you even trying to deprive of (you)s?

Just ignore and hide, though I feel bad that Kakfag's effort was wasted.

SBR's dialogue on the gray's of morality is ham-fisted and spoon-fed, which is the only reason its held so highly by the western fanbase.
because they could understand it, and it was being funneled to them by the american president

Kakfag probably writes fanfiction and sounds like he's from south america desu

>169740945
hot damn why are you so triggered? who pissed in your coffee this morning?

user, if you wanna scatter and hide you should do so when you say you're gonna do it
you're being untactful

Don't even bother replying. Treat him like dog shit on the road.

keep it open in tab and F5 til its gone?

dont worry his effort wasnt wasted
plus its hilarious seeing newfags freak out because "muh pride was spat on"

Who is the villain you would wanna hang out with the most?

Attached: 34735600_p12.jpg (400x250, 23K)

yeah, its p.bad when kids try to play pretend on Sup Forums desu

Damo or Cars

reminder that Josuke is worst Jojo

i wanna hang out with pucci and pray 2 the lord our god dio

DIO, so I could hang out with Jonathan by proxy.

God what I wouldn't give to feel up his biceps and touch his birthmark.

Attached: 55106886_p9.png (550x600, 96K)

but that's not jotaro

josuke is the 2nd worst

>169741270
i dont know if youre on kakfags side or not but i was spitting on the rude asshole in that last reply and not kakfag

desu I dont think anyone has any idea which user is which and we're all just pretending

nah, Josuke is the worst. Josuke has to lift personality from Jotaro multiple times per his own character

The saddest? Probably 1 since it didn't have much of comedic relief except for shitty speedweed meme. Part 7 definitely had the best melancholic moments along with the ending

Every time I see Kakfag it always feels like something bad is happening to him even though he's just trying to live his life.

i want kakfag to live a happy life

who is Kakfag

kakfag = jonathan confirmed

kira in DMQ

Kakfag is Polnareff?

kakfag deserves a happy life

pic related its kakfag

Attached: credible face.png (66x69, 9K)

What exactly was the point of Dead Man's Questions?

Attached: 1519949592307.png (904x660, 556K)

Araki ficwanking.

To show that kira is still suffering even in death

also to give kira a new cooler design

araki is a kirafag

Attached: __kira_yoshikage_jojo_no_kimyou_na_bouken_drawn_by_rozarita__750e490cddcb36880b2499d2ada63cdb.jpg (1000x600, 176K)

For some reason the one scene that ever got to me was in Steel Ball Run. It was when Baba Yaga's horse hurts itself and he stops it in the middle of the race, climbs down, and forfeits. Rather than risk his horse breaking it's leg or other extreme damage he just starts petting it and saying it did well.

That scene just really stood out to me and really got to me for some reason.

This is a work where I drew a character who longs for the peace of his heart even after death, and who continues to grow mentally. This character is the greatest adversary in "JoJo's Bizarre Adventure Part 4", a dead murderer. In the world of life after death, if the spirit lives on, it would not be a world where anything goes, but where there are "rules", just like this world. The ghost should go through the same amount hardships as we do, if not more. That was the idea that sparked this story. But drawing this character who couldn't listen to the music he loved so much, it kind of made me cry.

Its pretty much the only characterization he gets, but it says a lot about him considering the story.
Baba Yaga was just an excellent horse racer with a great relationship with his horse and it took him farther than thousands of others

Part 3 and 7 have been the only ones to hit me hard because they're the only ones with sad shit happening to characters developed enough for me to care about them that weren't
>Crippled by a bad translation like 5
>Spoiled for me beforehand like 6

1/2 are very flat emotionally outside the action and maybe Joseph breaking up over Caesar, and in 4 I didn't give a fuck about Josuke by the time his grandad died, didn't like Shigechi, and was only really affected by Joseph's senility.

I stopped reading part 8 like three years ago because FUCK following a longterm monthly series, I'll binge it when it ends and enjoy it far more.

>But drawing this character who couldn't listen to the music he loved so much, it kind of made me cry.
so thats just him saying he had watched Clockwork Orange before doing it?

Part 6 because Jotaro (the best character) died in the worst arc

Dio would have probably still tormented him for being weak and then killed him for the money desu

The only reason he ever backed off was because he realised he had to in order to get what he wanted because Jojo wouldn't tolerate his shit any further

The whole thing. It's sad how bad it is.

He literally had nothing before that but just that expression felt so genuine and real that in two pages it said so much about his character and his struggles.

3 had the best character development

Jotaro wasn't in Phantom Blood though.

Also forgot to mention Kakyoin dying did fuck all for me because he was basucally irrelevant for 2/3 of the part and a flat character besides.
Even Avdol dying didn't hurt too much, it was mostly best boy Polnareff's reaction that made me cry like a bitch.

BHP