Infinite Stratos

Didn't both seasons sell extremely well? Why did it never get a third season?

Attached: ISA.jpg (955x568, 118K)

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.co.jp/インフィニット・ストラトス-11-オーバーラップ文庫-弓弦イズル/dp/4865542132/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1521002690&sr=8-3&keywords=is
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I am still convinced the success of this series was a fluke.

Houki is best girl and if you disagree you should kill yourslef.

I don't understand its mass appeal either. Especially compared to To Love Ru and High School DxD. But lightning struck twice and they just abandoned it. Why?

IS deserved better.

Are you perhaps fucking retarded? How fucking new can you be to the anime industry and how it works? Also anime isn't about sales in this day and anymore at all, just how many times does this needs to be repeated till salesfag of old die out? Only shounens get past three seasons worth of episodes in general in past decade and even then they're slowly dying breed.
There are threads in archives that have also answered your question a hundred times at least.

Something about the author slowing to a crawl and S2 not following the LNs very well, as I recall.

It was because lack of source material. While the first season adapted, the first few volumes at a good pace. The second season blasted through several volumes cutting out important story arcs, leaving almost nothin left to adapt. It's not helped by the fact the author, hates writing the series and now releases a new volume once a year, if he's feeling motivated. Now there should be enough material to adapt for a 3rd season even most of it is slice of life filler content, but they probably could do a OVA format like Strike the Blood.

heard the author became quite irate when his favorite girl was the least liked by the masses in favour of charl

they knew it wouldn't strike thrice

Retarded girl was best girl.

I want to see Laura and Char again. One can only hope for a 3rd season.

Because she was shit and Charl was best girl easily.

Attached: MetalGearwhat.png (157x163, 50K)

Who, Houki? Maybe he shouldn't have made her such a shit then.

Author got assblasted people didn’t like Houki the most and mostly stopped writing. You really can’t make 12 eps off of that.

Has there ever been a more petty reason in all of anime or manga to stop working?

His waifu was being disrespected. Even if Houki is a shit, I can understand the feeling.

from what I remember, he doesn't take criticism well and often got into arguments with fans and trolls on twitter. But overall, he did get very petty over the popularity of Charlotte and Laura over Houki.

Houki is fine. But Charles is objectively the best girl and Laura is the second best. Houki is a solid third.

Couldn't they go anime original?

Char > Laura >>> Cecilia >>> the chink one >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> H*uki

the author looks like he would be the insecure type

Attached: 45644.jpg (225x350, 39K)

I liked them all the same

my dick made me watch this show, but Char is best girl

The concept had a lot of potential, but it was squandered. Then a bunch of other school battle harems were inspired by the early books and also got anime, so the window of opportunity for an IS comeback is gone, as the field is a little too crowded now.

Houki is an underrated waifu tsundere

TLR gets vomit inducing boring after Rito trips on a girl for the 100th time and DxD turned into fujo pandering shonen fightan trash where 3/4 important characters are dudes.

IS was a success because of international cast and mecha musume. MC being a brain dead non threatening faggot also helped.

And it's still doing okay the only problem is author being slow as shit with new volumes. It got a spin-off game recently.

Attached: 1512599011209.png (1189x400, 137K)

Most ecchi isn't doing too hot right now anyway

Superior taste coming through.

Attached: 1462931393485.webm (1280x720, 2.45M)

>most

Literally all of it flops. Harem is a dead genre outside niche LN's.

amazon.co.jp/インフィニット・ストラトス-11-オーバーラップ文庫-弓弦イズル/dp/4865542132/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1521002690&sr=8-3&keywords=is
>1.8 stars
This series tanked because the author got super butthurt about no one liking Houki and spent volume after volume intentionally trying to ruin the other girls.

High School DxD and To Love Ru still sells fairly wel.

DxD is great for what it is.

Attached: 1410118384730.jpg (3000x1086, 943K)

DxD novels sell like shit and TLR was always the exception because of WSJ.

It has great girls but story is fucking horrible for a long time.

I'm talking about the anime and I assume the merchandise does well by extension. The first two seasons of DxD sold like 11,000 units each.

The Birthday episode and the last 3 episodes of S2 were anime-original.

Jesus he needs to lose weight.

I'm only moderately interested in the books getting localized after Teh Ping said it got too stupid after Vol 8.

Attached: Infinite_Stratos_Authorship_Yumizuru_Izuru_1328305719024.jpg (320x240, 52K)

Sir you got excelent taste

Why is Cecilia such a slut?

Shes British and Blonde. What do you expect?

How did he ruin the other girls?

Attached: Ceciliajpg.jpg (1986x2502, 2.09M)

New best girl.

Attached: DWFUgCpU0AAeDHo[1].jpg (576x1024, 130K)

Attached: 12.jpg (1036x1500, 285K)

You could run all the other girls into the ground, and spend multiple volumes making Houki more likeable, and she'd still be the worst girl ever of all time.

If I recall correctly, doesn't the newest volume that came out a few months ago, take place in Europe? At least the author is trying to add to the story and have plot take place outside the IS academy. If the spoilers that I read are correct, then this volume really expanded on Charlotte's, Laura's, and Cecilia's characters.

It's a real shame the IS game will never get an english ver. I'm actually surprised that a mobile game even came out in 2017, seems kinda late. Hopefully they are testing the waters to see if IS is still profitable for a 3rd season.

DXD will be testing those waters first

Yeah, everyone hated her because she constantly used violence as a means of being cute, while the other girls were just naturally cute.
So S2 was almost entirely every other girl physically abusing him while Houki did not.

The author is a lazy shit who would rather complain about everything than have a consistent work schedule. It sucks since as bad as the series became, I still keep up with it since I really liked a few of the characters.

Attached: 1386271246888.gif (400x400, 63K)

IS is my favourite harem. I don't even like harem that much.

Houkifags only say this because they remember, and rightly so, that they should kill themselves and that everyone else hates them. France #1

It's because of DBS
Author is a massive shonenfag and after Super happened it became a lot more shonen focused and now there's a worldwide fighting tournament with the gods

Two of them (implications about another side character) wound up working in a brothel for a few weeks, because of "reasons".

>my favourite harem
How? It's uneventful, does nothing worthwhile with its premise, and features one of the dullest protagonists in all of anime.

I want to marry Houki.

Attached: IMG_0143.png (1587x2500, 1019K)

Absolutely no one would stop you. Please do.

Did they color the illustrations from the BD short stories?