Anyone remember this kino?

Anyone remember this kino?
Does anyone think it deserves a remake or a new series?

Attached: key_art_monster_rancher.jpg (900x350, 82K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dgVJHjwul90
youtu.be/lQw7cGk7hE4
youtube.com/watch?v=MzEinM660h4
youtube.com/watch?v=5glSFK4hL-w
youtube.com/watch?v=jcquPDFweCU
youtube.com/watch?v=AA-NRCAW90o
youtube.com/watch?v=nZk9Nn-U9sM
youtube.com/watch?v=NCC_-1gVE5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=6S1Yupk77pA
youtube.com/watch?v=teOqwMGLpFw
youtube.com/watch?v=SnRNVuOzbws
youtube.com/watch?v=gDz1lEC-jDc
youtube.com/watch?v=EUYI6v0qGIY
youtube.com/watch?v=mmWMcPhyFgM
youtube.com/watch?v=1LgYd2AOltg
youtube.com/watch?v=d8xoTBZrzko
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Probably a remake. Genki was the best

Pixie was one of my waifus

Attached: b13a668c05dedbb8fa023ca22421499c.jpg (640x480, 40K)

I remember watching it as a kid and trying to enjoy it as much as digimon and pokemon, but at the end monster rancher was pretty shitty.

I mostly remember it as the show that wasn't Digimon or Pokemon.

>you will never escape this shitty world to a world with waifus and comfy adventures

what was the plot of that anime?

It was a nice GBA game, didn't know it had an anime

Basically they are trying to resurrect the Phoenix to stop Moo but there's a whole story arc which I wish they expanded on about the humans creating Moo and all that.

I'd like to see Older Genki X Pixie

Would be nice, maybe they could resurrect the show with Genki being older and going to the game world. Then we could have all the fan service we want in it. uwu

Even know I viewed it as discount Digimon, I still enjoyed watching it. I remember renting the game Monster rancher 2 so many times because it was really fun

>Genki (age 20): I'm back in the land of Monsters everyone!
>Mochi: Genki chi! *hugs him*
>Holly: we missed you
>Seizo: Hows it hanging kid you got big
>Golem: It's good to see you
>Tiger: Hmph, nobody missed you
>Hare: you took you're sweet time coming back
>Pixie: Genki!!! *tackle hugs Genki to the ground*

Imagine being 20 year old Genki and Pixie hugging you the feels are real

Attached: 1420995335840.png (757x754, 192K)

This would probably include Pixie and Holly fighting over Genki at some point.

I'm was crying at final episode of first season when Mochi and the others say goodbye to Genki before sacrifice their life to revive the Phoenix, that scene was fucking kino.

I can see Pixie winning Genki honestly due to them showing more interest in each other. I could be wrong Genki could go for Holly too.

Hmm true. Pixie also has natural sex appeal.

You're welcome, user :)

it's still my favorite anime

Will we ever have a moment this pure in anime again?

Nice, but i prefer evil girl.

Attached: Lilim06.jpg (1024x768, 365K)

New anime? No

New game? Yes

goth pixie

>kino
kys

>he only likes anime with muh love triangles and harems

youtube.com/watch?v=dgVJHjwul90

Holy shit, what the fuck is this? I don't remember absolutely anything about any of this show, but that eye character is someone I know I have seen before

In some dark, musty, recess in my mind, is there some actual memory about watching this?

comfy

there were games of it so you might have seen those if you didn't see the anime

Loved that show. Don't know why the fuck they thought naming the Big bad Moo in the dub was a good idea though.

The intro song was amazing.

Same

youtu.be/lQw7cGk7hE4

MONSTERS RULE

oh boy

Sup Forums related but god damn those games
getting friends together to bring as many fucking CD's possible to user's house in hopes of getting a sweet ass monster

My question is why the US dub cut out 2 of the big bad 4 battles and delayed season 3. I finally caught up with them after what 20 or so years.

Attached: snapshot20070720145831.jpg (640x480, 58K)

Back then; 1 appeal to the western kids, 2 keep it clean for parents

because the kids networks didn't like the violence

I've had the boxset for over a year to finally see the full series in Japanese and not finished it. I don't know about other countries but here they didn't air much after Genki went back to the human world and freaked out. That scene with the rain and the blank figures will always stick in my mind.

I want one that uses the herding system of the MMO in some way, and hopefully with a better plot than DS had if they have to have one. I really like the recent monster designs but they'll be forever trapped in a mobage and MMO nobody played.

Attached: Monster Farm - 04.mkv_snapshot_12.29_[2015.10.01_02.07.46].jpg (712x482, 32K)

I could see that, during the fights they had the white flash screens whenever people fought. Fox Kids had the same people that 4Kid had, which I think Monster Rancher might have moved to.

German OP is the greatest shis ever

>Genki went back
During first season or the season 2 finale?

got a link?

youtube.com/watch?v=MzEinM660h4

dang that's comfy as fuck

They tried to do an MMO a few years ago but it closed.

Now I feel like rewatching it ;_;
Remind me again, was this show actually enjoyable or is nostalgia tricking me?

I'm actually enjoying rewatching it, it's a bit dorky obviously given the time period but all in all it's still comfy.

This was so cute. In the Playstation games you could watch your monster grow in size through its life, and the anime kept that concept.

It's a cover of the Japanese OP, keeps the animation too. I love when dubs manage to do that.
youtube.com/watch?v=5glSFK4hL-w

Attached: Monster Farm - 02.mkv_snapshot_21.35_[2015.09.30_05.14.40].jpg (712x482, 24K)

Are you watching the german dub? If yes, how does it hold up?

Are the PS1/PS2 games actually good?

Nah I'm watching the English dub cause I'm using someone's Hulu account. The dub of course isn't exactly the best in the world but it's still not terrible.

Me transportaron... a un raro pais...

Dominado por mooooouuunstros

wot

I watched this show when i was like 13, probably one of my favorite shows of that time, and Pixie was my first anime related fap

monster rancher 2 is generally considered to be the absolute best game of the series

I'd kill for remakes of the early games, even if the disc selection would by abysmally small.

But then it says 'Fuck you, you're not good enough for them yet' or 'your house is too small'

Any place where I can find all three seasons of the anime? Preferably subbed and not in shit quality?

I got almost to the end of the game without big monsters, and then with the DS game it was so easy to afford upgrades I felt like a kid in a candy shop welcoming baku into my ranch. I always wanted a baku as a kid. The anime designs for baku and ducken weren't as cute though.

There's a few rips of the R1 release on Nyaa.

Attached: baku.png (480x355, 178K)

youtube.com/watch?v=jcquPDFweCU

i cant believe they cut this out in the English release
I never knew he could return to the Monster World
Fuck, that ending was cruel to me as a kid
I can finally rest assured

fuck my feels I would never want to go home if I could live there

I wanted to fuck the wolf when I was 8.
10/10 ending too.

I feel like it having such a great ending should be pointed out more since even shows that aren't long running shonens usually shit the bed at the end.

the old days when an anime could have a decent ending before the popular animes went downhill

What exactly is the eyeball guy good at?

I only remember it's crappy ending with the boy suddenly being kick back to his world and finding his home destroyed.

mostly INT and SKI, with middling stats in other areas that could be improved a lot by an appropriate sub breed.

Spitting on people.

MR2 on the playstation was the best, i had to have sunk dozens of hours into that game. it's a shame the sequel sucked so bad

how could they even revive the games? kids dont use CDs anymore

the adventure mode could be expanded, you get access to a basic set of breeds and then you actually have to take your raised monster on an adventure to find a disc stone to unlock another breed

yeah but half the fun was

>OH BOY WAT MONSTER WILL MY FAVORITE ALBUM GET ME
>a fucking caterpillar clown? for real?
>FUCK IT, YOU'S GONNA BE A CHAMP YOU LIL RED HOT CHILI PEPPER

The handheld games used letters, drawings, and sounds. You could draw dicks to summon ducks and pandas.

Monster Ranchers was killed by digital age killing CDs.

to defeat the evil moo. was realy disappointed moo wasnt a cow as a kid.

Moo was a "legendary" rare dragon monster that you could only obtain from scanning Beck's first album. The anime had to obviously market some aspects of the game
What I find ironic is that album was known for the song "Loser" and I remember my mom and other parents not liking their kids listening to the song because of the lyrics "I'm a loser baby so why don't you kill me?"

This thing was comepletely conflated with my memories of Digimon until I saw this thread
a lot of things make more sense now

I remember I was 10 when the show came out and didn't really enjoy it much, but watched it because I was in love with holly guess I was the smallest waifu-fag.
One day I had a nightmare that holly wanted me to come with her under a bridge and do something, I followed but I didn't do anything and she ended up dying because of it. I felt sad and depressed about that for a almost a week until I managed to catch the show on TV again and saw her alive and well. Why the fuck do I remember this, I'm nearly 30 now.
So yeah. I'd say I remember this.

I played the ps2 game

Germany had some alright openings. Like this one:
youtube.com/watch?v=AA-NRCAW90o
This shit got stuck in my head for years:
youtube.com/watch?v=nZk9Nn-U9sM (nana nana nana nananaaaa)
lots of intros where also just mindless techno sinces raves were "cool" at the time:
youtube.com/watch?v=NCC_-1gVE5Q
youtube.com/watch?v=6S1Yupk77pA
UMPF UMPF UMPF UMPF UMPF
For this one I have to admit I nutted when the guy kept nailing her with volleyballs:
youtube.com/watch?v=teOqwMGLpFw
Another one that just stucks in your head:
youtube.com/watch?v=SnRNVuOzbws
We also had a SUPER edgy Hellsing opening:
youtube.com/watch?v=gDz1lEC-jDc
Some songs are just german covers of the japanese OP. Often with just made up lyrics
youtube.com/watch?v=EUYI6v0qGIY
youtube.com/watch?v=mmWMcPhyFgM (fucking LOVE this)
youtube.com/watch?v=1LgYd2AOltg This song is basically just insulting the prof for having a round face for two minutes.

And to cap it of, there is of course.. this. No I can't explain it either:
youtube.com/watch?v=d8xoTBZrzko