Planetes

Is this worth watching? I like space and my favorite game is space station 13 Are there any similarities?

Attached: planetes.jpg (500x312, 36K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=y9Ey_tYkuko&list=PLx5bHQDHxMwxQtH_TW9OFSfpL3Z_9B8Fx
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

just watch it, don't be a bitch

It's mechashit so therefore it's awful. Stay far away.

Can't tell if retarded or trolling.

Its good.

Literally in the top 100 anime ever made. Pretty much a must watch.

I don't like watching 24 episodes unless it's worth it.

Trolling, it's clear he never even watced the show, probably because it has cute lolis doing cute things, and he's gay

One of my favorite.

You're being a bitch, and I explicitly told you not to be one.

It's pretty good. I liked some of the changes they made from the manga (giving Tanabe more character development) but they cut out some of my favorite arcs. If you have to choose between the anime and manga, I'd say manga hands down.

i understand it's hard to take Sup Forums's word for it when you see shit like TTGL or Steins:gate praised as if they were msterpieces, but what the hell do you expect will happen by creating a thread? Go watch it or don't, stop being a whiny bitch about it.

The light hearted first half is better than the drama filled second

Attached: 1491259560070.png (500x400, 94K)

This is one of those shows that I just wanted more and more of. "Surely there are more shows like this. Surely there's an entire genre out there of exactly this. I'll find it soon." And eventually this denial gave way to the realization that, no, there's no more of this, and there will never be any more, and that became an empty feeling in the pit of my stomach, a little bit like heartbreak. That's the kind of show it was for me.
Ah, I've made myself sad again.

Attached: 1491794534537.jpg (604x604, 53K)

Attached: 1517165205983.png (807x478, 106K)

I would like to remind everyone that Nono is best girl, an angel, and the savior of space.

Attached: a smile worth protecting.jpg (1280x720, 63K)

It takes a while to get going and the first few episodes make you wonder how Ai doesn't get fired, but eventually it hits its stride and becomes excellent. It's very much a character-driven series.

Planetes is excellent but you need to give it more than three episodes. Don't judge it based on the moon ninjas episode.

it's pretty good. There are a few fillers within the first 8 episodes or so, so it starts looking not as good, but then it picks up again.

>Don't judge it based on the moon ninjas episode.
fuck, it was the filming crew episode and then the space ninjas after it and I was seriously considering dropping it. It was planetes' dark hour. Glad it returned to good afterwards.

Yeah I stopped watching for awhile after those two, very glad I tried again, considering the episode right after is my favorite.

I tried to like it. But I couldn’t make it pass episode 4 and I was forcing myself to watch it.

If you can pick it back up again and make it to IIRC episode 8, it starts building momentum in a big way.

yes also best song

youtube.com/watch?v=y9Ey_tYkuko&list=PLx5bHQDHxMwxQtH_TW9OFSfpL3Z_9B8Fx

>ss13
top tier taste, user

Attached: 1408332296767b.jpg (123x139, 10K)

i fucking hated the MC, especially after he goes to training in the space station

pedo

Yeah Hachimaki was a real cunt for a bit.

more like half the season he became an edgy retard for most of the second part

I hate every character and they are all ugly except for the girl Mc, she is ok

Labels like that don't exist on the moon!

Yes. Also read the manga.

If what you want is specifically sci-fi in space, you might want to take a break from anime and watch some western tv shows.

>hating on the best brown cake tomboy

Not to get too off topic, but I don't think even western TV has sci-fi like this.

every fucking planetes thread

What's the point if it doesn't have this angel?

Attached: dfe042f4310e0ea1cff75ce945ff7763.jpg (267x670, 46K)

It's moeshit. Avoid like the plague.

>moe

half the cast dies in the end m8

>lying on the internet

Honestly I don't see why people think the manga is better than the anime, the anime had some faults but it went along at a decent pace and added more to the momentum, until it reached the final episodes where it got really dramatic and intense. In the manga the pacing is really fucking quick, where Hachimaki meets Tanabe, showcases their clashing ideologies, then end up marrying each other, all in crammed into 7 chapters. It's not to say that the manga wasn't good though, it had a lot more philosophical and heavier themes than the anime, and didn't have useless characters like the Toy Box ground control and the space ninjas. Seeing Fee's childhood was really interesting also, I'd wish that scene with her uncle was in the anime. But I definitely liked the buildup more in the anime than the manga, some of the added scenes in the anime was extremely good, like the "No Borders In Space" episode and Hakim's motavation being more fleshed out, and Claire's character in general.

Yes

Live action unless it has an insane budget would not be able to do something like Planet ES or many other sci-fi anime. It is still very expensive to do photo-realistic CGI to match with live-action. Having mixed 2d/3d or pure 3d/2d tends to be cheaper than trying to composite real actors into a 2d/3d space.

It's one of the few shows that moot approved of. You need to watch it.

Pretty much all anime with that structure end up like that desu

>Planet ES
A decade and a half later and people still can't get the name right.

Here is your answer.

Attached: 1377822604117.png (675x1010, 191K)

Parts of it are good, such as the depiction of space and the racial/national discrimination of poorer countries. You have to put up with Hachimaki acting like a total cunt for 3/4 of the show and an absolute bullshit romance to enjoy the good parts though.

Hachi is a gigantic dickbag for most of the show and the romantic aspects were poorly done, but if you like

>muh space

Then you'll like the show

While almost not sci-fi, very slow-paced and not world-threatening in any way, I enjoyed Space Brothers in a similar way as the beginning of Planetes.

Yes, yes it is. As an insight into human behavior and morals much more so than the fairly out of place action-ish climactic arc of it. It was back to the good stuff at the end though.

Absolute goat series. Just stop around episode 14 or so. Right before Hachimaki goes full retard. That part never happened.

mother fucker you creepy, i LITERALLY just finished it, shits great go watch it

my man, you know your shit, yet i like my brown milf better

Tanabe is pure and cute and best and lovely and cute and soft and sweet and great

It's worth a watch, definitely.

Time worthy

Attached: download.jpg (203x248, 8K)

Attached: untitled (2).jpg (1920x1080, 85K)

Its rare to see an anime posit a political stance, rarer to see it be done tastefully, and even rarer still for that message to be left leaning.

>that message to be left leaning.
Was it?
Which message specifically? There's kind of a lot you can take away from the political issues in Planetes.

Anime - 8/10
Manga - 10/10, it's completely different past the first 1/3rd

This, manga is better, all that bullshit romance with Ai and her past, Hachimaki's dad and SPACE NINJAS are anime-original nonsense.

really good
VERY depressing ending

But it has no Nono and thus is inferior.

Attached: [OZC]Planetes E07 'Extraterrestrial Girl'.mkv_snapshot_03.11_[2016.12.27_19.14.48].jpg (1920x1080, 161K)

God, I fucking miss him so much.

fucking ants, get out of my board

Muh national borders aren't real, muh share the wealth.

The ending drama arc pretty much sucks dicks, but otherwise 9/10.

Yuri best, Hachimaki a shit.

Attached: fgsfds.jpg (236x250, 11K)

Nono definitely sold the idea of borders not being real, but it was the 'muh share the wealth' folk who tried to destroy the space industry in the first place.
It seemed to me like the antagonists had the real left political stance, while the whole 'borders aren't real' thing was more of a humble "we share the planet" idea rather than leftist political views.

There's also the fact that in the end the terrorists were useful idiots as were debris section. Pawns in a game so much larger than them it's unreal. Contrast it with the third world guy that was trying to make his country competitive as an economic force with his space startup rather than just bitching that nobody was helping, or Tanabe making little but real differences every day by being the kindness and compassion she wants to see in the world. The people making the real differences weren't the ones trying to make grand political statements or looking for a shortcut to their ideal world.
There's a lot going on in the show, even past the character studies and environmental angle.

Nono appears in the second chapter.
t. currently reading the manga

I appreciate that third world guy and his discount space suit so much, had no idea his little story would mean so much.

Holy shit she does, I was told she was anime original.
Picked the fuck up.

Attached: if only you were alive.jpg (636x946, 100K)

I think in episode 7 or 8 shit gets real, really fast

It's a great show.

>The people making the real differences weren't the ones trying to make grand political statements or looking for a shortcut to their ideal world.
Overzealous corporate shits and commie "tear down everything" types both shown as awful. I liked it.

Who's this?

Mark Zuckerburg.