Why was Naruto the only long-running shounen anime to have good animation?

Why was Naruto the only long-running shounen anime to have good animation?

Attached: 1452449090181.webm (480x260, 1.9M)

>implying

Attached: YAB6TUh.jpg (1151x662, 203K)

Reminder that Adult Sasuke could solo the Momoshiki if he fucking use his Rinnegan

Are you blind? That was good animation. It clashed with the usual animation style, yeah, but it was fucking good animation nonetheless. There is speed and weight behind the movements.

Attached: 1481939874263.webm (800x450, 2.83M)

Attached: 1445744624483.webm (704x396, 2.36M)

Lazy animation is not good animation. It was as well "animated" as early Tom and Jerry cartoons.

>lazy
You realize it probably took MORE effort to animate it in that style, right?

Bet you also hate everything Yuasa makes

Attached: 1519744330970.png (500x500, 85K)

Pain the hedgehog

There's only 3 long running shonen not done by Toei. So it's not like there's much competition.

Though Bleach had some fine animation as-well.

But doesn't the differences in animation sort of count as a drop in animation. If this was the only time that this particular method of animation was used then you can say that it's bad animation because it doesn't follow the rest of the series. Of course it being ''bad'' depends on if you think it's bad compared to the rest of the animation.

Attached: 1509741498638.png (499x338, 38K)

ITT arguing over the semantics of the term animation.

While technically good animation in the fluidity sense it does not look good. It clashes with the usual style and the tone of the scene and the art is oversimplified in order to feasibly produce the animation. Overall it's jarring to watch and thus bad.

How does Toei get top tier monekymaking shows with the shit quality they deliver.
One Piece manga is so much better than the anime it's not even close.

the animals seem robotic and the water looks like a flat surface with splashes and waves drawn on top of it, rather than actual liquid.

the background in that panning shot is ok.

i think the explosions and laserbeams are fooling you. it's not difficult to make those look good and overshadow everything else.

Because the mangaka that give their property to Toei do not care about the anime. The guy that does One Piece...Oda I think... uses his IP to promote gambling so if there's any reason why the One Piece anime is so awful it's because it's creator doesn't really care what happens to his franchise as long as he makes money. All we can do is just steer people away from Toei in general.

This one has a lot of stretch to it to the point that it's weird since the show never did that before

But in neither of these does Pain ever go off-anatomy, he's always the right saize and you can always see his defining features, so I disagree with your points that the art has been oversimplified. It is abolutely necessary to reduce the level of detail in a scene like this unless you want Redline levels of production time.

Honestly I think the main reason so many people take offense to these scenes is that there's no painted background for me to look at and be reassured that there's a lot of detail in this world while the simple figures actually being animated move around. Instead everything is animated, so you perceive it as a drop in quality even though the amount of work going into every frame has actually gone up.

or maybe it looks like shit

I think you're reaching really hard just to say that that scene isn't well-animated. The "effects animation is easy-peasy" bit especially is retarded.

Attached: unnamed.gif (490x300, 2.35M)

if nothing else, even if it looks like shit, this was the only time I could take the 9 tails seriously, glowing stick naruto feels shit also feels weaker

Bleach fights turned into *teleports behind you* nonsense really fast. All the effort went to Naruto clearly.

It only had good animation every 20 episodes, and only if it wasn't filler. Everything else and the fillers always looked like shit.

The explosions and the laserbeams are nicely animated. Not only are they fluid, but the smoke is also really realistically animated; see how it trails, with a delay? See how it blurs when it passes right by the camera? The animals themselves might not move "right" and may be not that well animated, but as a whole, the scene is really well done.

>What's happening?
Good question, Itachi. That fight is a mess

look at the animals. they seem like robots rather than living things with sinew and muscle and bones. their tails flow decently, but that makes the unnatural animation of their bodies more apparent. and tails are relatively easy.

and the explosions, especially in the overhead shot with one animal evading like four or five lasers, are the same. they look ok, but the water doesn't look fluid at all when the lasers hit it.

i'm not saying effects are easy. they're relatively easier, and are used in an attempt to distract from the shoddiness of everything else, along with the lighting.

Bleach was never about the fights in the later parts. But early-on it had some neat directing.

This. Naruto bonding with the fox actually felt like a downgrade in retrospect

guess I should't expect more from art plebs

The art is more than just Pain's identifying features though. It's the solid colour and flat backgrounds(except when it suddenly isn't) and his legs literally turning into a ∞ like he's the roadrunner.

Likewise there's weight behind their actions until something like the end of happens where it wouldn't look out of place with a doorstopper sound effect.

Attached: sudden transition.jpg (800x900, 93K)

When was this?

Attached: 1446151768457.webm (800x450, 2.94M)

Attached: file.png (475x50, 3K)

Movie animation doesn't fucking count

>it's a movie
And it's still pretty shit.

Attached: S U P E R S T A R.webm (640x360, 414K)

Uh. Yu Yu Hakusho?

nigga that shit is terrible.

lul

I'm just going to assume you just finished your third anime and give you some recommendations, because that statement was the dumbest I've seen in a while: Yu Yu Hakusho and Hunter x Hunter.

I'm replying from the front page so sorry if people have already said this. I never get into these threads.

do you even falseflag bro

THIS LOOKS SO FUCKING AMAZING!!!
Cant we get some studio to do the last arc of Bleach? They could maybe even work with Kubo and give it a real end instead of the shitfest it was.