PA Works goes /u/

iroduku.jp/
Anime "Irozuku Sekai no Ashita kara" announced.
Director: Toshiya Shinohara
Original Character Designer: Fly
Studio: P.A.Works

Attached: 8cc98758d109b3de1b29f477c0bf6c81810a4ca6.jpg (1200x727, 89K)

Other urls found in this thread:

pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=1024922
myanimelist.net/news/9914486
twitter.com/flyco_/status/974596202787254272
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

let the yuri shitposting begin

What's with P.A.Works and originals? Like a majority of their shows are original, a proportion that no other TV anime studio has.

>Yuribait

Also:
>/u/
Any confirmation that it's yuri?

Good job OP I'm sure that title won't attract shitposters.

>No Okada
>No Maeda
There's 50% chance this is could be good.

Trigger? Over 80% of their stuff is original anime.

>What's with P.A.Works and originals? Like a majority of their shows are original, a proportion that no other TV anime studio has.
They are not the first to do this. The issue is that Originals are a massive financial risk. If you create a hit, the studio is drowned in money. But the more likely chance is that you made a dud and you lose money.

Adaptations are safer in two ways;

1, you have a proven audience from the source material.
2, the rights owners take most of the financial risks, and even if it bombs the studio can still earn money.

No, just for triggering people.
Not like we will get anything til next week aka Anime Japan event anyway.

>Weak director
Meh, I'll give it 1 episode.

Yeah I forgot about Trigger. So that makes them two, but that still can be counted on one hand. Also P.A. Works has been around longer and are arguably more famous, so it could be said that P.A. Works is the "original" purveyor of original anime.

That is, if the studio ends up in the production committee anyway. Also, last I checked, P.A. Works have had about an equal numbers of hits and flops, so that prefecture money must be what's keeping them afloat.

>so it could be said that P.A. Works is the "original" purveyor of original anime.
Toei and Sunrise exist.

>Toshiya Shinohara
Okay now I'm excited.

Yeah, but Sunrise has made plenty of adaptations, and Toei is known more for shonen manga adaptations. When I meant "purveyor of original anime", I meant a studio that is known primarily for original anime, at least right now. Maybe Gainax at their peak too, but they're quite irrelevant now.

Picture from designer.
Not sure will it be just "school drama" show.

Attached: f45ab6cc7cd98d10572b132e2d3fb80e7aec90bd.jpg (900x900, 165K)

Oh boy can't wait for the same P.A. Works seiyuus in another P.A. Works original anime

Attached: 1469786407756.jpg (600x456, 29K)

More likely it will be newbies or no-names doing the voices, much like Sakura Quest.

The supporting cast will be filled with P.A. Works regulars as always then

>Yeah, but Sunrise has made plenty of adaptations, and Toei is known more for shonen manga adaptations. When I meant "purveyor of original anime", I meant a studio that is known primarily for original anime,
What you don't understand is that studios that only make originals is basically gambling by throwing everything they have into each bet. It doesn't make sense to make only Originals, that just means the studio would eventually kill itself. Most studios try to use Adaptations to pay the bills and keep the lights on, and create Originals when they have enough cash in the bank to take the loss. You are acting like it is sane to make Original aime all the time, as if that is somehow a good thing. It isn't.

Then why P.A.Works or Trigger then? Legitimate question. Also 3hz (at least pre-SAO Alternative) or MAPPA during its first few years.

There's also Manglobe, but they don't exist anymore. Does that kind of prove your point?

Ok for serious, why i said it's /u/ show because the character designer is artist that love to draw yuri.
pixiv.net/member_illust.php?id=1024922

Of course, this doesn't mean confirmed yuri, just my guess.

Attached: 58499318_p0.jpg (661x936, 480K)

The character designs aren't exactly inspiring. You'd be hard-pressed to come up with blander or more generic designs than these, and not even in moeblob sort of way.

Why would it need to be inspiring?

doesn't pa works get funded by the government?

How is PA still alive after all the flops?

Nice, hopefully you are right.

>Then why P.A.Works or Trigger then?
Trigger only really had the LWA IP because the government literally paid for it, then gave it to them free of charge. That was what gave them the money to sustain all their current projects. If they start flopping they will have to start making adaptations again. And PA Works also takes government money, going at least as far back as 2010.

myanimelist.net/news/9914486

Basically, they had to get alternate funds.

i bet 10$ the charaters design in the actual anime will nothing looks like that,when it's airing the quality gonna all over the place,just like Haruchika..

Well that's obvious

mostly girls, so it's yuri.

Blend S was mostly girls (or at least the main cast was) but it wasn't yuri.

it was in my head.

Based.

Double based. More originals are always good.

Attached: yuri pasta.jpg (600x503, 43K)

Well you've got cancer in there too so I wouldn't trust anything you say

That picture is making me fap manually.

P.A. Works had been one of the more known '
'location' studios. It started with True Tears and that short snowy mountain Toyama amine. They were actually about to hit it big with the HanaIro hot springs location when the big earthquake hit and tourists cancelled reservations and it cooled down so much that there's not much feedback anymore.

A good example of this kind of scheme is Ooarai, there's still excitement over the GuP franchise.

It's progressive.

>So Many Colors In The Future What A Wonderful World

Title in english.

Thanks user.

Where on the PA works cyclus do we stand now anyway?

BASED

My dick is ready

2018 year of /u/.

Do you think Sunrise will make another original series especially yuri.

New Mai Hime project possibly?

Sounds pretty gay.

I mean MAPPA pumping out adaptions and 3hz resorting to SAO also show that originals are too risky to keep relying on.

I want to believe user

Yeah I think that's why Manglobe went under.

SHOSENyuribu retweeted this
twitter.com/flyco_/status/974596202787254272

I'd turn them straight with the power of the D.

It doesn't matter what the artist likes to draw, since they're getting paid to draw what the studio tells them to in this case.

Attached: 20180316210456.jpg (1294x1572, 218K)

>Of course, this doesn't mean confirmed yuri, just my guess.

True.

Just look at Lily Hoshino or Yun Kouga. They were BL darlings

I know English Farsi do not give me this bull shit yorifag

Shame the anime won't do the art justice.

The writer can change all kinds of shit from a draft. Same thing happened with Flip Flappers. The original writer left Naoki a draft and he did things the original draft writer didn't expect at all.

>Naoki si the writer

user, you mixed this with other show.

My dad works for PA Works, they get raped by chinese gangsters in every episode.

Wrong show, here is the show you 2 talking about.

Picked up.

Also just realized: why does the girl on the right looks like a not!Mitsuha?

>SHOSENyuribu retweeted this
>twitter.com/flyco_/status/974596202787254272

It would be cool if that guy some insider information

Has been a while since I've watched a PA Works show, was starting to wonder what they were doing.

Picked up.

Progressive indeed

I like yuri, but I absolutely despise yuribait, so I don't bother with any of the shows Sup Forums calls "yuri".
Not going to watch this one until it's confirmed yuri.

This girl looks so beautiful. Too bad it won't have these colors in the anime.
I love the hair that PA works girls usually have.

>Not going to watch this one until it's confirmed yuri.
Subtext or heavy yuri undertones are better than confirmed yuri most of the time. If it does go full yuri, it’s more likely to focus on the drama between the characters similar to Citrus, which is almost guaranteed to be awful. If they don’t confirm anything, it’s more likely to focus on another aspect, like CGDCT or SoL, which Japan usually does quite well. As much as I’d like the girls to kiss, they’re going to make a better show if they don’t.

Attached: 1478000685384.png (230x230, 88K)

Is this going to be mahou shoujo with high school girls

my uncle works at PA Works and it's actually a show about the postmodern breakdown of the international finance system framed as a seven person set of love triangles with a key subplot involving the entire cast's separate conversion to the greek orthodox church, and it's scheduled for thirty-six episodes

You're fucking retarded if you think that an artist drawing yuri means series using their design will be /u/. You never cease to be a pain in the ass for being this delusional.

Attached: x16.png (309x436, 128K)

HaruChika: bad (I still enjoyed it)
SakuraQuest: good
UmaMusume: bad?
Going by the cycle, their next project will be good.

Remember Haruchika? There was no romance between Haru and Chika.

>Remember Haruchika?
way less of a rhetorical question than one would rationally assume

Is the golden age of yuri is upon us?

Haruchika is the only bad series from P.A. Works for me. Yeah, I liked Glasslip, because I'm nor a normalfag who can't watch SOL.

AOTD confirmed

Are you just stupid? Where the fuck does it say it's "yuri"?

>matching jewellery
Well shit, I guess it's got to be yuri.

I don’t think it’s confirmed yuri, but I think that there’s a good chance of there being at least some yuri-esque scenes between the two. Almost all anime with all-female main casts have some degree of yuri between the characters. If they eventually reveal a male main character, I’ll revaluate my judgement.

Attached: 1476449428568.png (1417x1080, 781K)

>inb4 main character is male and its a love triangle
PLease let it happen,

IRC thread

>I don’t think it’s confirmed yuri
>so I'll start a thread/respond to a thread where the genre is nowhere to be proved or even hinted at like an absolute fucktard
>"yuri-esque"
Yeah, it's because of delusional fags like you actual yuri isn't in the market more. Yuri subtext and yuri bait are truly then pleb, petty leftovers for trash like you.

The character designer is definitely a yurifag.

And what does the design have to do with the story? Furai is great and all, but how does that even confirm this is a romance between girls? It doesn't. Why do we have to go through this every time? It's pathetic.

most of the replies directly above this post were made by one fellow replying to himself

>original
That's great
>Yuri
I'm interested
>those shitty droopy and small-eyed, bit tittied designs
Dropped.

I, too, liked Glasslip for what it was. But at least you have to admit that the show was a let down. I expected beautiful glass art with a bit of romance and I got tulpas, dykes, cocks, beautifully drawn still images, and a non-sense plot. The most memorable thing was imouto.

Everyone knew that Release the Spyce was yuri because Namori was doing the chara design, there's no problem speculating if this will be yuri or not but we will only be able to tell with a little more info.

>Genres: Action, School
Yeah, kill yourself already.

I didn't say it confirms something though, did I? The character designers image is the only piece of media that has been released, it's reasonable for people to wonder what it might be about.

In what way is this pertinent?

Because it doesn't, and that's why you don't say it. Stop pretending everything is yuri when it isn't.

I hope this doesn't take quality off Horsepussy.

I didn't say it is yuri

Stop being retarded. Yuri isn’t being used as a genre descriptor in this context, but as the description of how female characters interact with one another. It is acceptable (and far more likely) to have yuri characters in a non-yuri anime. The word has evolved overtime to refer to both.

It was never about not being acceptable, you colossal idiot. Do you also call the Ameagari anime "yuri" because one of the secondaries has a lesbian crush on the MC? Anime can have yuri within their stories and not be focused on it, which if I wanted to get teased like a retard with a snack tied on a string that gets nowhere near me I would, but thankfully I'm not that stupid, or delusional for that matter.

If I'm going to watch a non-yuri show with yuri elements, then they better be relevant to the main story and not treated as a joke or a cock tease.

Doki doki docky docky