Ito Junji Collection

You thought that Souichi was a pleb filter, but the entire series turned out to be a pleb filter.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ito Junji Collection - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_20.08_[2018.01.15_14.04.29].jpg (1280x720, 116K)

The 2 stories this week were pretty spooky, especially the scarecrow bit.I like it, granted I couldnt remember reading the manga at all.The ost and the chanting near the end of the scarecrow story is on point.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ito Junji Collection - 11 [720p].mkv_snapshot_18.45_[2018.03.16_23.24.34].jpg (1280x720, 122K)

Any ideas about next weeks collection? What stories will come up?

The dinosaur was kinda funny though.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ito Junji Collection - 11 [720p].mkv_snapshot_11.51_[2018.03.16_23.06.54].jpg (1280x720, 97K)

they forgot to draw his shoulder under the ripped shirt, lol

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ito Junji Collection - 11 [1080p].mkv_snapshot_12.56_[2018.03.16_17.25.21].jpg (1920x1080, 137K)

Gojira has pimples.

Quality

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ito Junji Collection - 11 [720p]-[22.29.933-22.36.899].webm (1280x720, 1.87M)

This anime is made in fucking powerpoint.

>pleb filter
Does that just mean "bad"? A few of the stories have been fun, but very little of it as been good.

there is only 1 episode left and we still havent gotten hanging balloons...

Yes that's exactly what it means.

the fact that a junji ito show exists at all is amazing. that they are sticking this closely to the original stories is a miracle and should please anybody who has suffered through the abomination that was GYO. Limited production values were likely the price to pay for those creative freedoms.

>sticking closely to the original stories
did you even watch a single episode of this series before posting?

I need the spiral

Oh look, an adult Yuuki Rito.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ito Junji Collection - 11 [720p].mkv_snapshot_21.26_[2018.03.16_19.35.43].jpg (1280x720, 79K)

>anime about oneshots
>uzumaki
fuck off bandwaggoner

No he's right they are sticking pretty closely to the original stories, minus some minor details it's pretty faithful. It just has a lot of QUALITY moments that get in the ay of enjoying it.

Attached: 10518931_p0.jpg (1000x1000, 238K)

Always thought it was reactionary imagery trash

Also theres no way an anime adaptation of Ito's works would ever be spectacular, Ito's art is what makes the manga, without it, they are just pretty standard horror stories. Same reason people loved Scary Stories to Tell in the Dark, it wasn't the stories themselves, it was the art accompanying them. Granted Ito does have genuinely creative ideas, and I'm not saying his stories are bad, I'm just saying the main draw to his work is his art.

Attached: 66949414_p0.jpg (690x800, 332K)

None of which stops it being a bad show. If anything an even cheaper Yami Shibai style version might be spookier.

I guess most anons are in the Tomie thread

They butchered Scarecrows

Why does it feel like an hour has gone by when I watch an episode of this?

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ito Junji Collection - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_19.41_[2018.01.13_16.09.19].jpg (1280x720, 525K)

because you're not enjoying it. If an episode of something feels short then you liked it but if it feels long or you keep wondering how long is left of an episode then you're not enjoying it.

>They butchered Scarecrows
still beats the live-action crapfest

Transfer student-kun had pure intentions, he dindunuffin wrong.

Yeah, he was expecting actual psychos with power in the club not these posers, he get that one dude to be like him though, not all is lost.

He rejected him because he killed the guy he wanted to get powers.

hanging
balloons
fucking
when

pretty much this

Last episode most likely.

The first one was hilarious.

Now we're never going to get anything Junji Ito related again because of how crap the anime's doing.

>thinks this anime will sell even if well done

It's just an ad for the exhibition, manga and merch.

>WAKE ME UP

When he shot the bird down with his finger, I laughed. Some unintentional comedy is great

>unintentional comedy
you clearly have zero understanding of junji ito

I still think the doll story from like the first or second episode was the best.

so you're telling me I didn't enjoy 90% of anime I've watched?

Attached: 3i925.jpg (461x431, 24K)

yes, but that's normal on Sup Forums

The only good part of this dumpster fire was the OP

It's pretty great. The ED is nice too.

Would you fuck a scarecrow?

I would fuck anything,

How though? Let the stick penetrate you?

>so many fucking gooks in credits
how can you watch this and call yourself otaku/japanese?

Rumors (Souichi) and either Splatter Film or Souichi's Beloved Pet.

Wow, the new episode of Dragon Ball Super really is low quality.

Attached: dragon ball super.png (1920x1080, 1.16M)

I'm pretty sure that was intentional just like in Souichi stories.

I don't know guys, I like the adaptation. It's just not scary, but the manga wasn't either, I've been enjoying it as a macabre comedy.

This. Sure, it's pretty QUALITY at times, but it has that feel about it which makes me enjoy it. It's not perfect, but it's a show I've been looking forward to every week.

I never enjoyed scary stuff, except Ito's manga, because I could turn the page if I didn't like it after all. But this anime format works well for me. The only thing I had trouble watching was glyceride, because I was ill last week and had enough trouble keeping my food inside without watching ''crater-face is erupting baby'' in motion.

>Strange
A fucking LOCH NESS MONSTER just appeared in front of your eyes swimming in A GODDAMN LAKE THAT WASNT HERE 10 MINUTES AGO

HOW DO YOU CLASS THAT UNDER "STRANGE THINGS"

Attached: mpc-hc64_2018-03-16_22-50-07.png (1768x983, 1.79M)

They didn't even bat an eye at the plant and put it in their club room.

>you will never have a threeway with Tomie and Fuchi

This proves Junji Ito is better in manga form

why settle for fuchi when you can have a threeway with two different tomies

>1768x983

that resolution is pretty strange.

Why settle for only two Tomie?

Ito's works in a nutshell.

I don't remember Transfer Student at all, he's pretty great.

Attached: QUALITY DEEN PRODUCTION.png (232x220, 54K)

You're conflating feeling long in hind-sight to feeling long mid-watch.

If a 24 minute show feels long while you're watching it that's both a pacing problem and a lack of interest in the content.
IF it felt long after you've watched that means you feel like a lot happened in a single episode, so much so that how much happened doesn't match with the time spent on the show, that has to do with content.

For example you could sit through 24 episodes of an anime and feel like literally nothing happened but you didn't even notice that means the pacing was good but the content was weak/didn't matter.

But you could sit through half of one episode of groaning and cringing over shitty le ecchi waifu memes and expository dialogue over still shots and felt like a year has past before the show has even gotten through the half-way point. That's a content and pacing problem.

Looks about the same as usual to me.

Better animation than

Attached: animation.gif (585x324, 1.71M)

This was one of my favorite Ito stories I'm pissed, they gave it the worst animation of the of all the stories they've adapted.

I thought the children busting into the castle and eating the blood bubbles was pretty important and further illustrated why eating the blood bubble fruit would be a bad idea.

You can connect those dots on your own but it's kind of weird to just leave it hanging

They also left out the part where the guy in Long Dreams describes his dreams in more detail, the part in House of Puppets where you see the creepy guys above the ceiling controlling everyone, lots of scenes in Town with no Roads and a bunch in other episodes.

The Supernatural Transfer Student has a scene where they call the police to the waterfall to investigate though I guess that didn't really add much to the story.

The jade stone story actually scared the fuck out of me but maybe that was only because I was half asleep, watched it at 2 AM, and hate clusters of tiny holes.

>that still was there for a few seconds over dialogue
I couldn't stop laughing at that part.

Do you mean by that that only plebs watch it? Because it was pretty terrible.

His work is totally unadaptable, so they couldn't be bothered trying.

Do you classify it as not strange?

>You bend spoons? I can, too! Here's how.
>If you REALLY had super powers, then you could do this. So do it.
Was Transfer-kun based on James Randi?

Underreacting to crazy shit is a staple of Junji-kino

I probably would've lost my shit over just the eye ball flowers alone.

Good episode, still, too little, too late, why they didn't pick much more popular stories? Out of Its Element, Earthbounds or Splatter Film and many others. How many episodes will this have by the way?

Next week's the last episode, 12 total.

Splatter Film might be part of that one, see

Wasn't Hanging Balloons in the promo image? The hell, and I thought they were going to animate the whole Tomie series, i'm really disappointed, what was DEEN thinking.

There's a bunch of others from that image that didn't make it either, like Gravetown, Smoking Club, Mold and Souichi's Birthday.

The original announcement was 2 Tomie OVAs. Getting Painter was an unexpected bonus.

Next week they will adapt the hanging balloons.After that this will get a few more seasons like yamishibai.Next season i see them adding more tomie,souchi and intersection pretty boy stories then finishing it with souichis haunted house.Also Mimi no kaidan when?

Bah, this series is crap.
Call me when they do a balls to the wall adaptation of Uzumaki, Remina, or even a short Amigara Falls OVA.

Sad. He just wanted to help them live up to their name and instead he got a poser who wanted a harem.

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Ito Junji Collection - 11 [720p].mkv_snapshot_23.27_[2018.03.17_01.29.15].jpg (1280x720, 157K)

>scarecrow

I thought it was going to be the balloons?

It had a tomie episode didn't it

there is a highlander story right? Anyone still remember that?