Can you faggots stop saying that Katakuri won now?

Can you faggots stop saying that Katakuri won now?

Attached: One Piece Chapter 898_7.jpg (881x1300, 419K)

They will never stop saying he won. They will backpedal and grasp at straws until the end of time.

God forbid the main character of a shonen manga win against an antagonist. Luffy already had his big loss in Saboody/Marineford. He's not going to ever lose again cept maybe at the very end of the series.

nothing wrong with a protag beating an antagonist
but asspulls and badwriting are unjustifiable

He didn't asspull at all. Oda fucking had kata handicap himself so that luffy had a chance. Thats not an asspull.

I'm sorry this isnt naruto where he can use god powers and giant energy beams

>beat his ass horrendously for 12 hours straight
>this is after he fought Cracker and got KO'd by Sanji
>Luffy started developing future sight CoO
>that's fine
it's not fine to think that just because you develop a new ability that you'll somehow become competent at it and match up with a master that's been using it for decades
>Katakuri impales himself
he was relatively unscathed s stabbing himself wasn't some big fucking deal
>Luffy manages to KO him in spite of all this
that's a fucking asspull
having Katakuri show concern about his siblings yet give his opponent a fighting chance is just bad writing

Luffy got the shit kicked out of him for hours. Furthermore he pulled this "snakeman" thing out of nowhere. I wish for once in OP they would show the development of these special moves.

Attached: katakuri vs luffy.png (996x1076, 51K)

>grasping at straws
>luffyfags when luffy got stabbed
>LOOOOOOOOOL THIS IS JUST LUFFY'S FUTURE SIGHT, ARE YOU GUYS STUPID?
>chapter comes out
>radio silence

Attached: 1520918325157.jpg (874x1205, 112K)

>dumbasses are proven wrong
>shut up about it and accept their mistake

>dumbasses are proven wrong
>stay in denial and keep arguing they were right despite mountains of proof they were wrong
See the difference?

Who /oven/ here?

>MOUNTAINS OF PROOF
haha, sure buddy.
this topic has been done to death and you faggots have been proved so wrong by numerous people.
it was bad writing, period.
it was a contrived power gain, period.
nothing you say can refute that.

Attached: 81D7E2e.jpg (377x449, 35K)

>Luffy admits he won
>Brulee tells everyone he won
>Katakuri concedes defeat
>Katakuri asks if Luffy will come back, assuming he will be able to escape
>Katakuri falls on his back, something he'd never done and a fact introduced to the story to show how he'd never lost before
>Luffy arrived at the place he wanted to go, and without Katakuri following him there
>Katakuri failed at stopping Luffy's meeting with his crew, leading to a possible escape
This isn't about whether it was deserved or not, the argument is who won. And the manga has enough proof for who won, I can't understand how unsure of a person you must be to be in denial about the result of a fight in a fictional story just because you liked one of the characters.

katakuri won in the sense that if this series had good writing, he would have won. this isn't an unfamiliar concept to anyone who's read more than 10 series, faggot.

it's like saying a dude who got the shit kicked out of him for 12 rounds in a boxing match was declared the victor by points because it was rigged or something. sure the end result was that he won, but nobody thinks he deserved it, and that the other fighter "won" on merit.

but seeing as you can't even understand the very basic level of abstract thinking, as found in the OP, you probably won't understand that either.

>katakuri won in the sense that if this series had good writing, he would have won
So he didn't, glad we are on the same page.

>it's like saying a dude who got the shit kicked out of him for 12 rounds in a boxing match was declared the victor by points because it was rigged or something.
It isn't nearly the same as this. It's the equivalent of one fighter dominating for many rounds, but his opponent managing to knock him out first and winning based on that. And that happens, do you even watch/practice boxing?

no its not the fucking same because the victory was out of left field.
in the boxing match its because it was rigged.
in the fight itself its because luffys powerup was contrived.
i should've known better than to argue with someone who doesnt understand how analogies work

Please learn to speak English before trying to argue here, you clearly don't understand it well enough.

>called out on not understanding analogies, the most basic of abstract thinking
>y-you clearly don't understand english
loving every laugh

Wa ironic shitposting, we know Luffy won because Oda is a hack

You literally called out your own analogy. You aren't properly chaining ideas and thoughts, you just made a list of statements with no connections to what I said, after which you made a snarky comment to show that you don't really want to argue. You didn't capitalize, you didn't use punctuation. Every sentence you wrote was on a separate line. Why should I take you seriously?

You didn't even properly adress my argument, you added something to your own. I don't have the patience to deal with you. Maybe read a book sometime, it could improve your English. Also, greentext is pretty childish as an argument.

Based on this it's seems not.

Luffy won.

it happened before and hes known for recycling stuff.

>katakuri won in the sense that if this series had good writing, he would have won.

This is beyond retarded logic. Just calling it logic is a huge overstatement. Did you have a stroke while writing this? Or are you always this stupid?

forgot to attach the image

Attached: One Piece v32-094.jpg (2037x3056, 1.63M)

>luffy beating katakuri was good writing

Attached: IMG_3283.jpg (768x1024, 84K)

Do you even understand the concept of "logic"? How did you come to that conclusion from what he said?

>nothing wrong with a protag beating an antagonist but asspulls

Well, good then that this fight developed according to the basic rules of One Piece established 700 chapters ago?

>and badwriting are unjustifiable

If you don't like the rules that were established 700 chapters ago, the fuck are you doing here? Are you the slowest man in the whole world, or just a shitposter?

i have the ability to infer things from context, faggot.

clearly you don't, you're a luffyfag

>everyone who disagrees with me is a "opponent of the character whose cock I suck"fag!

obviously in the earlier stages where each fight has less significant consequences it's easily overlooked. there are no big overworld implications if luffy kills axe hand morgan and his literally whos.
don't you even understand that point, retard?

I don't read this shit manga, but read through the drama. Why can't you faggets just say Luffy won, but Katakuri is stronger? It's like if 2 martial artists went at it ten times, and one happened to win 8/10 times. You admit he lost the 2 times, but you know he's the better fighter overall. Is this really something that's so strongly argued??? lol

do you think luffy beating katakuri is good writing? congratulations, you're a luffyfag!
this has also been proved time and time again in threads past, so your intentional ignorance has no bearing on the result.

finally the time for /ourguy/ to shine

lol they don't even think he's a better fighter despite obviously being so.
they are just unironically delusional

the fight felt really lopsided for katakuri. he was on offense like 80% of the time. feels like there should've been another chapter where luffy got a lot of shots in. as is the double knock out and luffy getting up first just makes it seem like katakuri can't take damage.

>no its not the fucking same because the victory was out of left field.

Only if you're a drooling idiot. Non-idiots, even if they started reading at Marineford wouldn't be surprised by Luffy's well-established ability to tank absurd amounts of normal physical damage even BEFORE the timeskip training.

Except Rayleigh literally told him "the more you fight, the stronger your haki will become"

Wow, I'm so sorry. I didn't realize I was talking to the one and only master of One Piece, he who knows the truth and calls out naysayers. He can't type very well, but he's surely above use all! He's also very smart for all 14 years of his.

>tank absurd amounts of physical damage
nothing on this level, faggot
he could barely fight doflamingo for like 30 minutes and now he's fighting doflamingo for 12

no matter how much you posture and reductio ad absurdum, you can't change the fact you luffyfags have been proved wrong time and time again

>this only ever applies to luffy btw

Newsflash: anyone who is not a total fucking retard realized that Luffy is going to be the Pirate King, period, 898 chapters ago. The only "significant consequences" of some character who literally only appeared in the story to showcase Luffy's rate of growth predictably losing are the same as for every Straw Hats' success - Luffy getting one step closer to that goal.

>LOOOOOL HE'S GOING TO BE PIRATE KING ANYWAY SO HE SHOULD JUST NEVER LOSE
lmaoing @ur life

You sure proved me wrong with your big words. Literally address any "luffyfag" argument I've made (assuming you know who I am) if you are so sure about how BTFO us "luffyfags" are.

go ahead and make one, ill disprove it right here

>nothing on this level, faggot

On the contrary, idiot, Katakuri managed to deal less damage to Luffy that most of the previous major villains.

>source: my ass
did you miss out on the 60 panel strip of katakuri beating the shit out of luffy?
what sort of retarded statement is this?

I already did, you seem to know who I am so go ahead and pick any you like, there's plenty.

What are you even trying to prove? That Katakuri won? That him winning was bad writing? And what is my argument according to you?

clearly you think luffy winning is good writing, so go ahead and explain why

>he could barely fight doflamingo for like 30 minutes and now he's fighting doflamingo for 12
Huh.

katakuri for 12 hours**

>b-but muh blunt trauma...

Yeah, sure, the guy who once won despite being impaled through the midriff, dehydrated to mummy, and fatally poisoned within a single day; and that BEFORE getting two massive powerups must lose because of some fucking bruises. How does it feel to be too retarded to grasp basic rules of a manga for schoolkids?

I don't think it's "good" or "bad" writing. It's what happened, and it makes sense from the bigger perspective of the story and its direction. The fight itself was handled clunkily and Oda had Katakuri hit Luffy way to many times, and only tipped the scales when it was about to end. This lead to Luffy seemingly jump in how powerful he is, so he should've introduced Snakeman earlier.

But at the same time, Katakuri always evading and not getting him made him lack the resistance needed to tank Gear 4th hits (the attacks that sent Doffy flying from one side of Dressrosa to the other, sent Cracker through WCI, destroyed Cracker's world famous indestructible armor, clashed with Big Mom's elbow). Him keeping his cool all the time made it hard to gauge how tired or damaged he was until the very end.

All in all it makes sense, but the execution could've been better. Luffy's clearly getting to Katakuri's tier, but still not quite there, even though he managed to win.

>dehydrated to mummy
and rehydrated immediately because thats totally not stupid
>fatally poisoned within a day
what? and ivanka didn't give him medicine?
Luffy got beaten up by Opera's goons and could barely move, yet now he can tank Katakuri for 12 hours.
ok. if you say so, retard

Muh

Attached: 16.png (891x1300, 478K)

The character existing in the story as a measuring stick for Luffy's growth fulfilled his purpose. The warrior who was at first fighting solely to maintain appearances before family that didn't give a shit about him, and then out of pride, lost to the warrior who fought to win. The main character progressed towards his endgoal.

Now you explain how Luffy winning is bad writing.

>katakuri hit luffy way too many times
in line with his ability
>seemingly jump in power
lol luffy did jump in power, purely on the merit of a fucking flashback of a quality of haki that only ever applies to luffy because reasons.
>lack the resistance
and you are literally inferring this from bad writing. whitebeard sat at home fucking nurses and being a disease addled shit and came out and fought 3 admirals. rayleigh sat at home being an alcoholic and fucking shakky and came out and told kizaru to fuck off then proceeded to swim across a fucking ocean.
the admirals can't even be feasibly touched by 99.99% of the world, yet akainu and aokiji fought each other for 10 days straight.
yet, for WHATEVER REASON, KATAKURI IS THE ONLY STRONG PERSON IN THE ENTIRE WORLD TO HAVE HIS RESISTANCE DETERIORATE BECAUSE HE CAN'T BE HIT MOST OF THE TIME.
thats bad writing.

Damn that's a dissapointing ass. No meat, it's just legs.

like every asian woman

It is in line with his ability, I'm not judging it as it's presented, I'm going beyond that on what Oda did, and how he could've changed it.
>purely on the merit of a fucking flashback of a quality of haki that only ever applies to luffy because reasons.
It happened to Usopp too, and Zoro kind of if you consider Mr 1's fight. We also don't know enough to see when the stronger opponents improved their Haki, because they are already at the top tiers. It's contrived, but it works and it's the type of writing that makes the battle shounen formula work.

Are you really comparing Roger's rival and his first mate to Katakuri? Because that's not really logical. Besides Katakuri has always fought this way from what we are lead to think. He's never been one to get hit, whereas WB and Rayleigh weren't built up in that way. Admirals can be touched by strong opponents unlike Katakuri, so it works out. It also isn't about time, but about the fights themselves, and Admirals are above Katakuri if we use Marineford as reference. All those characters you listed have experience fighting strong opponents that can hit them, with Katakuri we are told that's not the case, it's different and you are using a false equivalence.

I'm not here to argue, besides you ignored most of my points and are moving goalposts (Luffy winning = bad writing => Katakuri not being resistance = bad writing).

>katakuri has always been like this
there's literally a panel where bege says that over the years, due to his continued mastery of CoO he gained his cureent ability.
from this we can infer several things
1. Katakuri has been using CoO for ages
2. Katakuri has been in lots of fights
Now, why is Katakuri good at CoO? probably because he was getting hit a lot and his CoO improved to compensate.
wow. it turns out he HAS been hit a lot after all!

Luffy won because Katakuri has low resistance. they're the same point, you fucking idiot.

Does not help that Oda draws pancake asses.

Almost forgot to add that yonkou right hands ARE in the same realm of conversation as yonkou and admirals.
there's a reason Marco was in the debate as someone the challenge Blackbeard

No one in these threads actually believes in what they're saying.
Every argument here is a huge boiling pot of bait and counter-shitposting and ironic reverse falseflagging or what have you.

You really can't deny that it's a general, because like a general it has reached the point where people only come here to shitfling and fish for (You)s with the series as a backdrop.

Problem is how much punishement should Luffy be able to take before he passes out? And we know there is a limit even if it basically exists at the behest of the narrative. So between Cracker, Sanji, Katakuri, Angry Army, and Tea Party; Luffy has managed to outlast everything with relatively no sleep and while healing many injuries.

At this point it's a question of How strong Oda made Luffy, how strong everyone Luffy meets will be, and how hard the latter camp is going to have to be nerfed to allow Luffy to even survive a fight so he can grow.

Because now that we've seen Katakuri in his entirety, there is no reason Luffy should have lasted this long outside of Writer's Fiat and plot armor. And because it's painfully obvious that tis is the case it doesn't work for some readers.

Attached: 1512867967838.jpg (600x600, 32K)

>speedreading posts now?
I never said his haki couldn't get stronger
I said developing an ability and mastering it are two completely different things
Luffy developed future sight, he shouldnt be able to master it immediately or to the point of challenging Katakuri
it's just fucking dumb and puts the reader off when Luffy does this shit against a beast of Katakuri

if katakuri's so great, how come he's dead?

Japan is slowly catching up on ass though.

He didn't die, retard. He collapsed from exhaustion. Look at Luffy. He managed to stand up and stay awake longer, but now he's knocked out cold and asleep from exhaustion. Even after the fight, Luffy was barely standing and awake. You could blow on him and he'd probably fall over.

>He didn't asspull at all.
He pulled snakeman straight out of his ass. He could have used it far earlier, but instead he decided that fighting 12 hours and getting his ass destroyed constantly was a better idea.

this was doflamingo 2.0, just not as bad. katakuri handicapped himself, while doflamingo fought an entire island. luffy "won" both times, but in reality he only did so because the opposition was severely handicapped.

Then why is anyone reading?
Because they want good writing and the handling of Kata VS Luffy was just not very good / well handled.

bump

Is not about winning is about shit writing, Katakuri allowed Luffy to get up every time and Katakuri forgot about his siblings, is shit writing, if Oda was planning to use Katakuri again he should have won

define "use"

Not that guy, but because there was the similarities in their devil fruits, and at the beginning of this arc I didn't expect this much destabilization of BM's crew. I expected Katakuri to be something like a goal for Luffy to beat.

He was originally advertised as a Logia, and even with the retcon exhibited enough logia-like traits to help luffy train for the biggest problem he's had which is dealing with that devil fruit type. Also 1 billion beri isn't a number to sneeze at with full knowledge that Bounty =/= power, so Katakuri was on the same level as Jack (technically over in terms of infamy) a guy it took a giant elephant to keep from coming back.

Instead, while Katakuri may reappear in the future, it's been ruined by the fact that Oda had him lose now instead of being a round 2 opponent for Luffy later. People complain that going this road would have added even more time to the story and they aren't wrong. But Oda has implemented a fair amount of Power creep over the decades that has made it so I don't really believe that Luffy will ever be on the same level as a woman who casually can throw around two mini-nukes while being invulnerable 99.9999% of the time, and a still unknown guy who is effectively unkillable.

There's still plenty of potential for Katakuri to develop though.
There's still whatever happens when he faces his family without the scarf

>There's still plenty of potential for Katakuri to develop though.
Nah, Rule of One Piece, villains don't recur that well or often. You either become Crocodile where you are vaguely important for an arc but don't do anything. Or you're Bellamy and you job even harder than before.

You're basically trusting Oda to make Katakuri's return good.